Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #526  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

My food cravings is more like memory cravings and when I say that I mean at the football filed I have to have a hot dog, This comes from me and my dad going and it was or thing to have one. and if I don't have it I feel like I am letting him down... Does this make séance to anyone?

I use my own bread but it is a must got to have that dang hot dog!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #527  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi all--

I'm moving to the blue menu (days 5-10) tomorrow and am looking for some lunch ideas. I hate that cottage cheese falls of the blue menu! If only I could have my bread at lunch then I could do a turkey sandwich, but I can't imagine eating 4oz of deli meat alone. So...should I grill extra chicken at night and use it on salad the next morning, or add tuna to my salad (again, would love some bread here!)? If anyone has some creative ideas I'd love to hear them. I'm not much of a cook and am already getting a little weary of all the meat/vegetable prep--are there good fast food or take out options to save me some time here and there?

I can't wait to have my first creamy tomorrow What is the best chocolate flavor? I bought hot cocoa.

Thanks for your help, ladies (and gents). This board is such a wonderful resource! Kim
Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #528  

S/C/G: 242/See Ticker/175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooPigSooie View Post
Hi all--

are there good fast food or take out options to save me some time here and there?
I often go to McDonalds for lunch. It's hard to not get a cheeseburger but I haven't yet. I get a side salad and add a piece of grilled chicken ($1 for the salad and they charge $1 to add the chicken) and the apple dippers, without the dip. Their salads are usually so nice and fresh with good lettuce. Chick-Fil-A has the grilled chicken strips and salads as well and if I remember correctly they also have a fruit cup. My Taco Bell is worthless as they don't give you near enough protien.

For dinners I buy the huge bags of chicken breasts and pre-cut broccoli (I love broccoli) and I can through the broccoli in the microwave in a covered container and steam it about 5 minutes. Through a chicken brest on the George foreman and dinner's ready in just a few minutes. Also the presliced mushrooms that I toss in a tiny bit of olive oil and seasonings and through those on the GF with my chicken and I love that. FYI, the whole package of presliced mushrooms ends up about 4 oz. cooked.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #529  

Thanks for the tips, Heatherren. Can you tell me how my final menu (not sure what color--I started on yellow and now blue) will change re: lunch and dinner? Please tell me I will soon be able to have LESS than 8 oz of salad at lunch LOL.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #530  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
My food cravings is more like memory cravings and when I say that I mean at the football filed I have to have a hot dog, This comes from me and my dad going and it was or thing to have one. and if I don't have it I feel like I am letting him down... Does this make séance to anyone?
!
Yep. I never was a Dr. Pepper drinker growing up, but all my friends were. We had a big upset in our family life (more so than normal) around the time that I originally left home to go to college, and I became a big Dr. Pepper drinker because that was the closest I could get to recreating what I thought home should be. Unfortunately, the Dr. Pepper didn't change anything except my glucose tolerance and my waistline.

Quote:
Hi all--

I'm moving to the blue menu (days 5-10) tomorrow and am looking for some lunch ideas. I hate that cottage cheese falls of the blue menu! If only I could have my bread at lunch then I could do a turkey sandwich, but I can't imagine eating 4oz of deli meat alone. So...should I grill extra chicken at night and use it on salad the next morning, or add tuna to my salad (again, would love some bread here!)? If anyone has some creative ideas I'd love to hear them. I'm not much of a cook and am already getting a little weary of all the meat/vegetable prep--are there good fast food or take out options to save me some time here and there?

I can't wait to have my first creamy tomorrow What is the best chocolate flavor? I bought hot cocoa.
Let's start with the hot cocoa! It's not Godiva or Schockenade, but I like it so much better than Swiss Miss! And you can add cinnamon to it for an extra boost! It's so exciting that I want to end every sentence in this paragraph with an exclamation point!

I've never been on the blue menu, but I like to take 4 oz. of rotisserie chicken, 8 oz. of raw cucumber/tomato salad, and 1/2 c. of blueberries in my fantastic new insulated lunch tote that I bought at Target last weekend. (Previously I packed everything in ziploc baggies in a Wal-Mart bag, but I'm moving up.) If I'm on the ball and showing self-restraint, I buy a rotisserie chicken on the weekend and carve it up and store the meat in a glass bowl and measure out what I need for each meal. Unfortunately, I was so troubled by Suze Orman's talk on Oprah yesterday that I ate (while standing up) my remaining chicken lunches, so I'm back to deli meat for the rest of the week. Sometimes if I have grilled chicken/fajita chicken handy, I'll pack it with a green salad and the wishbone salad spritzers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Also, she turned me onto Arby's Martha Vineyard Salad. It is really good. Grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, cheese, apples, and cranberrys. YUM!!
Oooooh! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
SIGS – interesting dilemma you are in. I ended up adjusting my goal weight 20 lbs further than my original one – but I had A LOT to lose! Your body fat percentage will tell the real story – is there anyway you can make a road trip to your center? If not, I would probably start the stabilization at the 170 mark – that would get you in the range of the 160’s. I would definitely complete stabilization before you start the boot camp class. And I think you would be able to start boot camp half way through stabilization. I’m only half way through my first week, so others further along my want to chime in. With the increase of food, it’s easier to increase the exercise. You can modify the food enough to get through the holidays without feeling like you’re missing too much – after all, we’re never really done with this. Just my rambling thoughts. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks, Gina! I really appreciate your input. I have exams next week, but this would be a good weekend to go home if I can get there. I'm so curious to see if the Tanita has adjusted my goal weight. I was a size 12 the last time I was 170 lbs, and right now I'm between a 14 & 16, so I think I still have a little further to go. I knew going in that I didn't have the same muscle mass I did in high school and as an undergrad, but it is what it is, and I don't want to cheat myself by bailing out early!

Quote:
On the whole deli meat subject – we have a friend who is an insurance inspector. He told us how they make deli meat and I’ll have a hard time eating it again. After they have pulverized the meat they add about 75% of “stuff” to it. I won’t go into detail because it’s way too gross. Anyway, it’s formed back into cubes and sliced. Last night my husband had a sandwich and we both stared at it, trying to pick out the swirl of real meat. I used to love deli meat, but that did it for me. He almost couldn’t eat it, but said it was better than hot dogs!
Awww, man! Wish I hadn't eaten that rotisserie chicken yesterday.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #531  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Self Sabotage @ it's best.
Oh, one more thing. I haven't even gone to WI yet this week (should have gone yesterday) b/c I know I'm still up from my sabotaging on Saturday night and I just don't feel like seeing it on their scale. Plus the fact that they're really pushing the pills on me. They want me to get that new Phentra-Trim (whatever it's called). I can't afford to keep buying more pills, I don't know if they do a darn thing, and I HATE to swallow that many dang pills every day! UGH!

Any advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
I hear ya Rock! Sunday was my Mom's B-day, so I cooked dinner for her, us. Bourbon and Brown sugar marinaded NY Strips, Roasted Yucon Gold potatoes, grilled asparagus and mushrooms, and instead of a cake, homemade Keylime Pie. Knew it would be tough to make all that, and stay OP, so I never planned to. Ate the steak, a few taters, the veggies, and then 2 pieces of Keylime pie. First time I had made it, and **** if I wasn't gonna try it.

Crazy thing is... went to the tailgate again Saturday for the big AU - LSU game, and avoided all temptations.

So, was waiting till Today to WI, putting it off as far as possible, but sis n law had a baby today, so I stayed at home all day watching our 6 month old while my wife went to visit.

Will WI tomorrow. We shall see. I am to the point of excercising 5-6 times a week, so may still be good news tomorrow.

PILLS - I take a MV, Flax, CoQ10, and I have about 4 days of MAC left, then I will use some cheap green tea pills, to help with hunger. When I first stopped taking the MRC-6 and the Cortitrim, they questioned me (sales pitch), but I told them I wanted to ween off of pills. Since then, they have left me alone.

IFFFFFFFFF you want to buy something, bring your wallet in with you... IF you don't, leave it in the car. Or at least tell them you did!

Quote:
SchoonCR – did you do your gym and mrc weigh in after working out? I have experimented with the different scale and the difference of pre-workout versus post. I consistently have a 3 lb gain immediately after working out.
Yes, did both after working out. I will weigh in the AM before working out, after working out,and at MRC, and then again when I get home, just for the fun of it. I haven't been a big scale person, only weighed myself about 3 times in 3 months outside of MRC, but it is interesting.

Working out will cause lactic acid build up, which will have your muscles flooding with water... After 5-6 hours, for a day or 3, you will hold more water.. maybe a pound or 3.

Interesting that you weigh more right after a workout. You think you are drinking a lot of water to hydrate, and that could be the diff? Sweating weight will hang onto you in damp gym clothes.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #532  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Thanks for the tips, Heatherren. Can you tell me how my final menu (not sure what color--I started on yellow and now blue) will change re: lunch and dinner? Please tell me I will soon be able to have LESS than 8 oz of salad at lunch LOL.
I'm on the green menu. Not sure if that's the end of the line or not, but I can have 8 oz raw veggies or 4 oz cooked veggies. Are you trying to eat a full 8 oz of leafy stuff? I've done that. It isn't fun, but Meemo pointed out that cucumbers are super heavy! And if you supplement your leafy stuff with cucumbers and tomatoes and other heavy stuff, you don't have to eat the entire bag of lettuce. Eventually I got really lazy and started slicing the cucumbers and tomatoes and mixing them together with rice vinegar. It is very quicky and easy with minimal clean-up.

Heatherren-Thanks for your eating-out tips! That sounds really good and much less expensive than Rosa's. It's like my world just got a little bigger!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #533  

Stuck in grad school: GREAT idea on the rotisserie chicken. I always forget about that tasty and easy option.

I cannot WAAAAIIIITTTTTT for my hot cocoa creamy tomorrow. I'm going to try and save it for my evening snack but I'm not sure it'll last past breakfast. My counselor said she just adds a little water so that it is cookie dough consistency...anyone tried that?

ETA: I'm all about the cucumbers. My lunch veggies were entirely cukes and green peppers the past two days. I tried adding cauliflower and broccoli at first but got burnt out fast.

Has anyone tried the mayonnaise recipe in the MRC cookbook?

Last edited by WooPigSooie; 09-25-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #534  
Shannon

Quote:
Stuck in grad school: GREAT idea on the rotisserie chicken. I always forget about that tasty and easy option.

I cannot WAAAAIIIITTTTTT for my hot cocoa creamy tomorrow. I'm going to try and save it for my evening snack but I'm not sure it'll last past breakfast. My counselor said she just adds a little water so that it is cookie dough consistency...anyone tried that?

ETA: I'm all about the cucumbers. My lunch veggies were entirely cukes and green peppers the past two days. I tried adding cauliflower and broccoli at first but got burnt out fast.

Has anyone tried the mayonnaise recipe in the MRC cookbook?
I use the hot cocoa in my decaf coffee every morning. It makes me feel like I have a Starbucks!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #535  
One Meal At A Time

I am going to try to hit WI today, I want to sign that 20 pound board today!!!!!!!!!! That would be so sweet!

Hope ever one has a great OP today.... Ill let yall know about the 20
Old 09-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #536  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

I'm so glad someone mentioned a rotisserie chicken because I would have never thought of that! What a great idea...now I need to go to Walmart.

I was only down 1.5 on Monday and none today. I told my counselor that i had an upset tummy yesterday, which I did, and she said that might be to blame for no loss today. That's okay. I expect a big one next week
Old 09-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #537  
One Meal At A Time

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO

I did it, I got to sign the 20 pound board!!!! I am hope to be at goal by next week!!!!!!!! That is so sweet!!!!!!

Last edited by JSTUCKLY; 09-25-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #538  
Shannon

Quote:
WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO

I did it, I got to sign the 20 pound board!!!! I am open to be at goal by next week!!!!!!!! That is so sweet!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!! I am so jealous! You deserve it, though!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #539  
One Meal At A Time

Thanks Shannon

When is your surgery again? I wish you all the best of luck with it.

By the way how is your toe
Old 09-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #540  
Shannon

Quote:
Thanks Shannon

When is your surgery again? I wish you all the best of luck with it.

By the way how is your toe
I sound like a walking ER! I am fully healed on both parts! It was just a little cyst on my face. The kids loving calling me Scarface for a week. "Say hello to my little friend!" LOL
My foot felt a ton better the very next day. Amazing. Thanks for asking!
Closed Thread