Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #481  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone ~ Congratulations on all the great weight losses and successes today. I was down 2.5 lbs at WI today so I'm happy to be back on the losing track. That puts me up to a total of 15 lbs lost!!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdy2Lose View Post
Hi everyone ~ Congratulations on all the great weight losses and successes today. I was down 2.5 lbs at WI today so I'm happy to be back on the losing track. That puts me up to a total of 15 lbs lost!!
Great job!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #483  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Hi all, I have been MIA for a while. I can't believe all the new faces!! I have read through all the posts but can't even begin to comment on all. Wow what great losses!

Denise congrats on your total loss, that is amazing!!

Personal note - as of Thursday I was down 31lbs and 40.5 inches. I've been buying size 10 pants--I can't even believe it! I'm nearing the end of my contract so we'll have to see what happens there...I hope to be at goal by Halloween! My daughters 2nd birthday Oct. 29th and I'd love to be at goal by then
Thelish, I started out at 191.5 and am 5'5" also. When you get to 150 you will definitely be in a size 8. I am currently at 156 and am just fitting into an 8. Good luck to you, your almost there. Whoo Hooo!!! Don't buy too many size 10's you won't need them.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #484  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Just thought I would let you all know that I took the plunge and bought a pound of ground Bison. I was pretty hesitant to try it, but I'm so glad I did! It tasted just like ground beef to me. I made it into patties and grilled it. Can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow!
Do you get this at a regular supermarket or do you have to go to a butcher shop? Does it come ground or do you have to ask? Is Bison, Buffalo? I'm curious, if it tastes as good as you say I may try it. I am up for a little change in my regimen.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #485  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Carrie--Congrats on getting your cast off! I'm sorry you didn't get even better news on your foot, but the boot should make life sooo much easier. And congrats on your loss, too! I'm so excited for you!

So let's talk yoga mats. When you say that you are using a mexican blanket, are you using an honest-to-goodness zarape? One of the multi-colored, thin, woven blankets? I would have never thought of that, but the sticky mats are so thin that a zarape would probably make a huge difference. I did buy a sticky mat, just a slightly thicker version of the standard, and I googled "slippery yoga mats" and found a site that said it is very common for sticky mats to become slippery when they are new. It said that after a couple of uses that wouldn't happen anymore and mentioned that running it through the washing machine would also help with that. Cross you fingers that I've scuffed it up enough by the next class so that my downward dog is do-able! I've had it in a high-traffic area all evening. The site also recommended buying a yoga towel, but they cost more than the mats, so I hate to make that investment before I get serious about this.
Hi Grad, Thanks for your input on the "boot"...I took your advice right back to the Doc...and he seemed to know exactly what you were talking about! It's perfect! Yeah!

You're also right-on with the mat...I guess I'd forgotten about the "wear-in" period ! I have thrown mine in the washer...it works fine! My Mexican Blanket is thicker than a Zarape! It's a wool/cotton blend...in fact we use them to wrap ourselves in for Savasana at the end of class...it's wonderful! But especially so, for the 'ol knees during class. If you can only fine a Zarape...I'm sure it would work fine...but the extra thickness with the soft wool type is that much better!

I'm all over the "expense" thing...if you're going to use a towel...use one from home! Have fun with the downward dog...:O)!

Last edited by maintainforlife; 09-23-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #486  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Rdy2lose
Wow! Congrats Cari...YOU really are on a strong path to losing! How fun that you are a Cari too! Carrie

Last edited by maintainforlife; 09-23-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #487  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

I asked my counselor about cold cuts (because I can't stand warmed over meats for lunch) and she said the only ones they allow are Boar's Head brand. Does anyone eat this OP? Just wondering if the salt made a difference.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 AM   #488  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle View Post
I asked my counselor about cold cuts (because I can't stand warmed over meats for lunch) and she said the only ones they allow are Boar's Head brand. Does anyone eat this OP? Just wondering if the salt made a difference.
I have found that the low sodium deli meats do make a difference. I have only had the turkey so I can't speak much for other varieties. I only use it sparingly though, because the Boars Head is significantly more expensive at my local store.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #489  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Keep on- I am so glad you decided to try the bison it is GREAT!!! I really dont know if i could have continued on plan without IT, it taste so much like beef i feel like i am cheating when i eat it...lol . Hope everyone has a great op day!!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #490  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
Do you get this at a regular supermarket or do you have to go to a butcher shop? Does it come ground or do you have to ask? Is Bison, Buffalo? I'm curious, if it tastes as good as you say I may try it. I am up for a little change in my regimen.
Yes, where does one buy bison? I don't think I've ever seen it available.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #491  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Went to WI today and up .5
I seams I am up.5 or down .5 I think I am getting stuck again and my center agrees, so I was on all day for a mo. and lost a lot of weight but I am stalling so I am going back on the Enhancer again and see if we can shake everything up again.....

Anyone have this problem where the pills your taking stop working or slow down?

I hate it I am almost to my goal just so very close, I am not going to change the ticker tell the end of the week and we will see where we or at then,,,,
Old 09-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #492  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Hello!!!

So, I have a NSV to share. I had to go and buy some new pants because my others had gotten too big. I went to Lane Bryant because hello, that's where I've gone for.... EVER! Anyway, I am in 14/16 now, and so excited. That's apparently my last trip there, as it's there smallest size. Everything fit nicely, and I can't wait to move into the 10/12's!!!!

Have a great day.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #493  
Shannon

NSV for me!
A substitute teacher who I haven't seen since last year told me I looked like I had lost weight. This one means a little more because it isn't some teenager trying to butter me up! Now it means even more because I have been TOM since Sunday and I am bloated and feel very pudgy! What is weird though is that I am still not quite a size smaller. 15 pounds is a true size for me and I have lost 11. So it is at least visible!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #494  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Hello!!!

So, I have a NSV to share. I had to go and buy some new pants because my others had gotten too big. I went to Lane Bryant because hello, that's where I've gone for.... EVER! Anyway, I am in 14/16 now, and so excited. That's apparently my last trip there, as it's there smallest size. Everything fit nicely, and I can't wait to move into the 10/12's!!!!

Have a great day.

Woooo Hoooo Denise that's awesome, look at you go
Old 09-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #495  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
NSV for me!
A substitute teacher who I haven't seen since last year told me I looked like I had lost weight. This one means a little more because it isn't some teenager trying to butter me up! Now it means even more because I have been TOM since Sunday and I am bloated and feel very pudgy! What is weird though is that I am still not quite a size smaller. 15 pounds is a true size for me and I have lost 11. So it is at least visible!
You better get ready to go shopping Shannon, you're a hop skip and a jump away from downsizing
Closed Thread