3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Mrc - Take 24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/147224-mrc-take-24-a.html)

momofboys 07-31-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelish (Post 2295834)
SIGS - chips and salsa:love: oh how I miss that!!

:o Ladies thanks for the compliments on the new photo, it was a real pick me up!

OMG!! I didn't even realize it was you - I didn't look at the name only the pic - WOW you look awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!

Had a very off plan evening last night - but that was no surprise having hubby come home. I ate OP well today, untill supper...hubby & I were out shopping so I went like 7 hrs between lunch and dinner without a HNS even. I'm gonna go to WI the morning...then we leave for Sturgis Saturday. I hope I don't gain too much back.....:?: Great job everyone on the losses your all doing so good! I'll check back in next week when we get back!

thelish 07-31-2008 10:14 PM

Momofboys - thanks!! Have a blast in sturgis!!! I'm sure you will do great! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back :)

shenanigan 07-31-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meemo (Post 2295750)
The chocolate crispies make a GREAT car snack - you get a snack & an HNS at the same time!

I bought some!
My only issue is I have gotten very used to putting the hot cocoa in my coffee (like a mocha!) or the cappuccino! I will have to make a choice those two days!
Thanks for the reminder!

Finz 07-31-2008 10:51 PM

thelish Wow!! Look at your thin face---you look fantastic!!

namaste 07-31-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuck in grad school (Post 2295813)
I DO make my own salsa! And I have a waiting list of professors who want it, but I haven't made it this summer because it has enough salt to preserve a person. There's also a really good salsa company out of San Angelo, Texas, called Julio's. They sell specially seasoned chips that go with their salsa. I can't stop with just one. It was my major 4th of July downfall. :dizzy:

How do you make yours?

OH MY GOSH!!! Yours sounds amazing!

The salsa I make was a recipe from my center. I really enjoy it; it's on plan and simple.

4-6 fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup cilantro
2-4 jalapenos
1 fresh garlic clove
3-4 green onions

Blend ingredients in a blender or food processor. For chuckier salsa, pulse 2-5 times. For smoother salsa, blend until you get the desired consistency. Measure before eating to ensure the right serving size. 4oz salsa does not count as a whole vegetable serving!

Again, yours sounds great!

fattrimmer 07-31-2008 11:02 PM

Denise,
Oh my gosh your story is wonderful! It has inspiried me to get back on track. I had been doing great and went on vacation and fell off the wagon. I have been thinking a lot of the food that I have not had in a while and in a since I think I have been greaving.
I looked at you pictures and you look awsome. Thank you so much for letting us read your story.

shenanigan 07-31-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattrimmer (Post 2295950)
Denise,
Oh my gosh your story is wonderful! It has inspiried me to get back on track. I had been doing great and went on vacation and fell off the wagon. I have been thinking a lot of the food that I have not had in a while and in a since I think I have been greaving.
I looked at you pictures and you look awsome. Thank you so much for letting us read your story.

Hey, fattrimmer! I am in KCMO too! Which center do you go to?

stuck in grad school 07-31-2008 11:21 PM

Thelish-Wow! Look at you! You look great!

May06haw-Do you keep cheese sticks on hand? They make terrific on-plan cheats/snacks. Also, don't forget extra HNS, if you are not already maxxing out.

Bfatnomore-I walk 2x a day every day and generally try to get 2-4 miles in total. I'm being lazy right now, but I usually do a step aerobics class 2-3 times a week and another walking aerobics video a couple of times a week. I'm pretty concerned about protecting/building lean muscle mass. I lost so much after my jaw was broken and wired shut for 8 weeks, and that seems to be when my weight problems started. I'm thinking about either walking or biking to school once it gets a little cooler. It's over 100 degrees right now, though, and I don't want to do a darn thing.

theycallmemom-Way to go on those 3 lbs! It sounds like you've got some serious temptations at the cafe. You are doing great! As far as creamies go, I like the hot chocolate. Also, I like to mix the vanilla pudding with a diet Hansen's black cherry soda. Use the blender for that one.

SchoonCR-Good for you for planning ahead! Every single time I have fallen off the wagon it has been because I did not take the initiative to plan ahead. You are setting a good example for me. Have a great trip to VA!

Strawberry-I had a very vivid dream last night about going back to Lincoln. In my dream, I conscientiously decided to go off-plan and eat at Runza's! :o Can you believe I'm dreaming about Runza's or that I was conscientiously deciding to go off-plan in my dream? My parents were in the dream, too, and I remember telling them, "We should call Strawberry and see if she wants to have a runza, too!" I know...spooky! But I think I was checking the board just before I went to bed and the local news was advertising an upcoming preview of the Huskers football team. Anyway, it is now confirmed that you are an important part of my MRC journey. And it looks like my sub-conscious is trying to "feed" you. Beware of my sub-conscious. :)

Denise-Thanks for posting the MRC salsa! I wonder if there might be a good substitute for the cilantro--perhaps chili powder or cumin? I'll experiment and see if I can modify mine accordingly. (Mine is soooooo not on plan. :devil: It is in the recipe vault for now.)

Finz-70 lbs! You must be avoiding sunshine again! ;)

ShineOn 08-01-2008 12:37 AM

Yipee – JanT is back!!! Is so good to have one of my “old” buddies from the beginning back on board. I’m so proud of you and really excited to share in the journey with you again. Thanks Donuts – I’ll just have to figure out what my story is. Strawberry – no, we’re just taking the good idea from the Colorado center. I’ll be speaking at the class in Bellevue. Finz – WAY TO GO on signing the 70 lb board. I’m sure your measurements will be just as dramatic. Jstuckly – that’s great that you a photo documenting your loss journey – I wish I had done more of that. Pbolton1 – nice job! 2.6 lbs is great when you are so close to your personal goal weight, you’ll be back in no time at all. I can’t believe you have a 21 year old – you look amazing. Theycallmemom – nice job on the loss. Creamies – I love the vanilla and double chocolate closely followed by the lemon chiffon. I use the vanilla and chocolate for a lot of smoothies, and to make “brownie bites” There are a lot of great ideas in the MRC recipe book. Bfatnomore – thank you. The class is on Tuesday the 12th at 5:30pm. I would love to meet you in person. Thelish – wow! Look at you!! What a difference in your face – you look great!! SchoonCR – sounds like you will be making the best choices in the situation. I justified my ¼ piece of wedding cake by doing a lot of dancing :lol: I had one of those days where I had to eat in the car. I took a piece of cold chicken (I cooked it the night before with Mrs Dash Chiptole seasoning and sea salt – yumo!) and a baggie of cucumber chunks and sliced fruit. It was easy to eat in the car. I’ve gotten so used to eating at the table, that it felt really weird to be a car eater again – I think back on all the unhealthy things I used to eat in that darn car – I’ve come a long way! SIGS – you crack me up! I actually laugh out loud when reading your posts. I’ve lived in Nebraska for 12 plus yrs & only ate at runza’s twice – I don’t even think I had an actual runza, but your dream was funny. Well, time to wi tomorrow maybe I'll run into momofboys. I'm not seeing any movement on my scale - but I should have done my wi on Wednesday, so time to go in. I've been on plan, but exercising a lot. I just have to be patient enough for the scale to catch up with me. I'm not usually hung up on scale numbers, but I have 4 lbs to lose by the 11th to qualify for the stabilization class. I just need to relax!!

pbolton1 08-01-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meemo (Post 2295748)
That's my plan as well - I'll see how it goes for the next 2-3 weeks. My husband & daughter are going to Georgia for the weekend tomorrow - I'm staying here with the menagerie & trying to get some work done on a home improvement project I've got going. So I'll try to get in 3 good totally OP days. It's almost like I know I've got that special they're running "in my pocket" so I've had little cheats every day since I heard about it. What a convoluted way of looking at things!

Hopefully the three good days will give you a good running start. My hubby is working all weekend, so I'll be good AND go to the gym as well. I only do that on the weekends he works.

Usually Thursdays are my planned 'cheat/treat' day, but after having such a good WI this morning, I've managed to stay on track.

maintainforlife 08-01-2008 02:24 AM

stuck in grad school Your dream and comments cracked me up...the subconscience is amazing, isn't it?

Okay Denise...I immediately ran into the kitchen and made your salsa...it's perfect! Well, I'm actually taking my DH and DD's word for it! ;) They loved it! Just knowing it's in my future makes me very :dizzy: happy! Thanks

nomoredonuts4me 08-01-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuck in grad school (Post 2295595)
Thanks, everybody, for all the great broccoli ideas! I've got a whole shopping list of seasonings now. Wouldn't it be fun to try a new broccoli dish every day? Some of the suggestions seriously made my mouth water!

Donuts-You got my attention with the salsa topping. Is there something special about Roberto's that makes it on-plan? I mean, is it low in sodium or are the tomatoes not cooked? Or is it just so good that it's worth the picadillo? Also, which is your favorite flavor? I looked on their website, and I'm thinking about having some shipped to Texas. I LOVE salsa!

Here's the link for anyone interested. http://www.robertos-salsa.com/

Also, thanks for clarification in SeaThin/MRC-6/Enhancer/etc. Is Sea-Thin a substitute for MRC-6? I think I took both at the same time for a little while.

Namaste answered the salsa question nicely. I took both Sea-Thin and MRC-6. They work differently. Sea-Thin is a non-stimulating thermogenic that targets the fat surrounding your internal organs, so you will see inches lost around your middle.

nomoredonuts4me 08-01-2008 02:33 AM

[QUOTE=Finz;2294957]I went to WI this morning and was down 2.5 and got to sign the 70 pound board :cb::cb: Next week is measurements and I'm looking forward to seeing those numbers.QUOTE]

:carrot::carrot:Yahoooo Finz!!!:carrot::carrot:
Signing the 70 pound board is awesome! You must be getting lots of comments on the new you. Hope to see a before and after pic soon.

DKRiley 08-01-2008 07:46 AM

Donuts - I take MRC and Sea Thins as well, I have noticed a distinct difference since I added the Sea Thins just two weeks ago.

Denise - The salsa sounds great, I love cilantro, how would I count that as my veggie?

Becky - Have Fun!!! You couldn't possibly do too much damage while away, you've learned the MRC way so I bet you will be very aware of your choices and I know you will make good ones.

Gina - Good Luck on your inspirational sharing, I am looking forward to reading your story as well, please share.

Congratulations to all of you for your successes this week. You're all winners in the losers game.

shenanigan 08-01-2008 09:03 AM

Happy OP weekend to everyone! I am off to Stuttgart, Arkansas! I pate my bfast here and packed my veggies. I will have to get chicken from a fast food place, but I can hopefully stay OP until dinner! It is supposed to be 110 degree heat indx so maybe I can sweat off some fish fry and bbq! LOL :hot:

Have a fabulous weekend and I will check in Monday!