3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Mrc - Take 24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/147224-mrc-take-24-a.html)

shenanigan 07-30-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY (Post 2294155)
Ok I am going away this weekend for our company weekend at the lake, U know hot dogs, Hamburgers and chips.... I will bring my own food, but any ideas that will help? I heard that they have a pill u can take if u know your going to have a (bad time) any one tried this?

When I mentioned my big Arkansas fish fry/bbq weekend, they suggested the Fat and Carb Blocker.I am trying it. They were out of it (wouldn't you know) hen I went in on Monday. I ordered and pre-paid and they BETTER have it tomorrow when I go in. Fingers crossed.

thelish 07-30-2008 10:48 PM

Okay so I had my first big slip up. This weekend was my 30th birthday. I actually was pretty OP over the weekend other than 1/2 a slice of angel food cake. However, last night my girlfriends threw a surprise party for me. We went to Espana which is a mexican place that serves only appetizers. It was way yummy and I tried to stay on plan for the most part but I know I had things I shouldn't have. I also had fondue with strawberries for dessert and two drinks. I am dreading going into the center.

On a happy note, I made much better choices than I would have a couple of months ago. I thought about what I was putting in my mouth and simply the fact that I turned down the chocolate carmel cake for a little fondue with strawberries is a success in my book :) Also, I could tell a difference looking at the pictures from the party...its hard to see the weight loss at home sometimes but I was amazed at how much I noticed it in the pictures.

DKRiley 07-30-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY (Post 2294155)
Ok I am going away this weekend for our company weekend at the lake, U know hot dogs, Hamburgers and chips.... I will bring my own food, but any ideas that will help? I heard that they have a pill u can take if u know your going to have a (bad time) any one tried this?

J- the pill is the carb and fat blocker, I will warn you that it will cause you to need facilities close by.

DKRiley 07-30-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie (Post 2294158)
Restaurant food is chock FULL of sodium. Drinking extra water for a few days afterward will help this. The tilapia is a good choice. I ate at the mall this weekend, a japanese grill, shrimp and chicken with veggies - mushrooms, cabbage and zuchini (I picked out the carrots). They used a sauce also, and the food tasted SO salty, I guess I'm used to non-salted food now lol. Anyway, the guy at the center saw it and all he said was to make sure I drink extra water for a few days afterward to flush out the salt.

Jennifer, another thought is to increase the B6 for a day or so while you increase the water, I have found this worked for me after vacation when I less sodium content food was not readily available. I have noticed that since I have been on MRC that I am less tolerant to foods off plan, even the slightest sodium filled foods I can see. One morning I woke after a "regular brat" that my eyes were even swollen.

DKRiley 07-30-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelish (Post 2294196)
We went to Espana which is a mexican place that serves only appetizers. I turned down the chocolate carmel cake for a little fondue with strawberries is a success in my book :) Also, I could tell a difference looking at the pictures from the party...its hard to see the weight loss at home sometimes but I was amazed at how much I noticed it in the pictures.

Girl I'm with ya, You bet mexican food and chocolate, hard to make good choices in that situation and you did good work there, wow, can't say I would have been so good but my motivating factor there is how bad it will make me feel and it has, so I have learned, in addition the picture thing, isn't that motivating in of itself..... good for you, hope you did enjoy yourself much so, this is life changing choices right, we make the choices we know we will have to live with tomorrow... So if we make a bad choice, make that Denise U Turn and get back going on the right track. It's life going forward right? Maybe I'm wrong but I think that if we stay on track for the most part we can live with a curve now and then again as long as we get back going in the right direction. If I don't meet my maintenance date then I don't but I will meet my goal and still be happy and not deprived.

momofboys 07-30-2008 11:07 PM

Hey everyone - Wow - I go to work for a couple days and the board just explodes! :) Well my hubby came home today from a 60 day deployment....and I'm happy to say he was very surprised and VERY happy to see the new me!! He just kept looking at me telling me how great I looked and how thin my face looked, etc. So I'm very pleased - all the hard work is paying off! He wasn't even mad about the amt of $$ I've spent on it...although I haven't exactly told him the total amt yet.....:) He says he's motivated to start following my lead now with the healthy eating too. We are off for our trip to Sturgis on Saturday and I've already told my center I'm not going to be OP for that week...no guilt involved either! I'll try to eat the best I can, but I'm not going to make any excuses for drinking I'm afraid. :) So anyway...congrats on the losses and everyone keep moving on! Have a great week guys!

Meemo 07-30-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exsquisit (Post 2293942)
Well that settles it. The reason they won't stabilize me is because of my b/f. I definitely need that to go down, so lifting will remain...:)

Yep, you won't see as dramatic a difference on the scale, but your body fat will go down & your inches will too. I was just looking at the paperwork from when I was going to a trainer (long time ago) - my weight only went down maybe 3 lbs in the couple of years I was seeing her - but I dropped a couple of dress sizes.

Meemo 07-30-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbolton1 (Post 2294031)
Meemo, would you be going to the Shalimar or Destin center? I got the flyer in the mail yesterday for the $99 special. I was thinking I might go back, just haven't decided yet. I know I can lose the weight, but I never finished maintenance the first time, and I'd really like to follow through this time around.

Thinking..........

Yep, Shalimar. I haven't gotten a flyer, but like I said, I got a phone call last week. It's for the month of August, right? (In case I don't get a flyer!)

Meemo 07-30-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuck in grad school (Post 2294110)
Does anybody have a way to make broccoli healthy AND inspiring? I'm trying to eat more of it because it is supposed to be good for preventing skin cancer, which seems to plague us ruddy (Texas-born) Scots, but it's just so boring! It isn't offensive, just boring.

I love broccoli. I don't usually do anything too exotic - it's good with a little olive oil & lemon juice drizzled over it (or Mrs Dash Lemon Pepper).

DKRiley 07-30-2008 11:50 PM

Becky I'm with you :D have fun girl, glad hubs is home ;)

ShineOn 07-31-2008 12:27 AM

Bonnie- that quilt is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Welcome Deborah! I’ve had little off program moments throughout my 10 months, but I my average is still 2 lbs a week. When I’m completely OP, I do lose the 3-5 lbs per week – it fluctuates. Hi Sharon – welcome back! Just push through and start your second half of the weight loss phase!! It’s so worth it. SchoonCR – GUYS! :lol: you lose so fast. Great job though. You’ll be done in a flash! I’m a little jealous. Bfatnomore – I try to do a minimum of 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I do a variety of exercise. I started with Curves. Added some light weight training, swimming and recently jogging. It’s important to not go over 1 hour a day because it could throw your body into starvation mode. Our center really pushes us to exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes. They really track your muscle tone on the monthly measurement/tanita day. Congratulations on the great loss – of lbs and inches! Exquisit – you are getting so close to goal – congratulations on the 40lb board! Denise :woohoo: congratulations on signing the 120lb board!! Humm, I like S.I.G.S – I think that one will stick! Maintainforlife – great job on the weight loss!! I can just hear you cheering!! My Aunt joined by mail too – she’s using someone out of the Beverton, Oregon center. May06haw – Welcome! The time will fly by for you! We look forward to getting to know you. Jstuckly – it’s probably from all the scrolling & reading posts :lol: Schoon – Thanks for the run down on muscles and calories. I’ve always heard the “muscle weighs more than fat” statement. I’ve been working out hard with the weighs and running and haven’t lost a thing in 1.5 weeks. But, I’ve been a really good kind of sore. What you said makes me feel a lot better! I just thought I was in another one of my famous plateau’s. Heatherren – you have my beginning avatar – that makes me smile! Crystal here’s a :kickbutt: sent with much love :D: SIGS – I eat broccoli a lot. I have a small pampered chef steamer (I think that’s what they call it). I put fresh or frozen broccoli in that with a splash of water and a generous sprinkling of Molly McButter, then I microwave it for 3 minutes. It’s actually my favorite vegetable now – very tasty this way. Thelish – happy birthday! I think you did great. 3 days and you’ll be back in fat burning mode :flame: Sometimes it’s just worth it! Becky! That’s awesome that your husband was pleasantly surprised. Didn’t you two have a weight loss competition going to? Have a blast at Sturgis – I’m jealous!! We’ll be going on our big motorcycle trip on the 19th – I can hardly wait!! We have the route finalized now – through the Cascade mountains and around the Olympic mountains – hope the weather in Washington State cooperates!

Phew, I take one day off of reading and got really far behind :): I was telling our center about the Colorado peer inspiration classes – well, they called me today. They’re going to be doing one on the 12th of August at the Bellevue center and I’m on the agenda! So, I need some tips from the Colorado folks. What do people usually talk about? Denise, I’m so glad you posted yours. I’m going to have to re-read it! I enjoy public speaking, so I’m not nervous about that. I’m just wondering what direction I want to take with my 15 minutes.

Off to bed – good luck on Thursday wi’s!

jantdieting 07-31-2008 06:51 AM

Back in the game!

ShineOn - thanks for the encouragement! I am back in the game! Visited the center Tuesday and realized my time away had cost me 15 pounds! I'm in the pre-conditioning phase until Monday, got to get all the sugar and caffeine out of JanT before hitting it hard. The headaches are a killer....but I'll survive!

nomoredonuts4me 07-31-2008 07:10 AM

Holy Cow Namaste. 120 pounds WHOA!!!
I'm so proud of my mini me. Can't wait til you pass my 160 lb. board. Won't be long for sure.

SIGS, I cook my broccoli in a zip lock steamer bag. I then weigh out 3 oz and top with 1 oz Roberto's Salsa. Heavenly Music posted a broccoli soup recipe a long time ago that was made with cream of chicken HSN, broccoli, chicken, and cheese.

ShineOn, You just walking in the room would be enough inspiration for most people.;) I think the best peer inspirations were based on personal weight loss journey's. Just share your story. People want to know how you did it using the MRC program.

Bonnie 2, Loved your pics from France. Absolutely beautiful!

GMA, Wow, size 8! You must be close to stabilization. You really looked great last time I saw you. You are one hot gma! :flame:
You seemed disapointed with the results of Sea Thin on the scale, but Sea Thin, MRC-6, and Cortitrim show primarily in inches lost. Enhancer and Green Tea help more with speeding overall weight loss. Don't overlook exercise. It helps with inches and fat loss. How many inches have you lost anyway?

nomoredonuts4me 07-31-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jantdieting (Post 2294428)
ShineOn - thanks for the encouragement! I am back in the game! Visited the center Tuesday and realized my time away had cost me 15 pounds! I'm in the pre-conditioning phase until Monday, got to get all the sugar and caffeine out of JanT before hitting it hard. The headaches are a killer....but I'll survive!

Yea!!! JanT is back.
It won't be long before you are losing "fistsful of fat" again :)

JSTUCKLY 07-31-2008 09:27 AM

I am going to WI today ill ask them about the pill,

momofboys I know your husband would go crazy over you!!! Way to go girl!!