3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Mrc - Take 24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/147224-mrc-take-24-a.html)

JSTUCKLY 07-30-2008 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by maintainforlife
I started pre-conditioning and was almost finished before everything came in the mail to "officially" start the diet! So, after about 35 years of trying...this one is gonna be it! It did help today that when I weighed myself I cheered so loud that I woke everyone in the house up! I weighed 185...that's 9lbs!! Go figure...I never thought 185 would make me sooooo happy!

9lb's u go girl keep up the good work u will have it off in no time......

Meemo 07-30-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finz (Post 2293671)

Meemo Did you end up re-enrolling?

Not yet but I'm thinking more & more seriously about it - I apparently really need the accountability right now. Doesn't help that my daughter is here visiting, even tho she's working on losing too.

I'm thinking the manager should be able to help your friend - doesn't make sense to sign for another 17 weeks for a couple of lbs. As far as that goes - your friend could adjust her goal weight upwards a skosh , unless their concerned about her body fat percentage.

Meemo 07-30-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchoonCR (Post 2293861)
Make sure you are having them check your measurements, if you are weight training!

Muscles retain water big time when you have worked them... As long as you feel 'sore' after a work out, be sure that you are holding water in those muscles (as much as 4-5 days after a strong work out).

That is why our MRC center recommends not lifting weights, or making sure they are very light. I lift anyway... the more muscle you build/retain, the higher your metabolism will remain! Every pound of muscle you lose, you lose the ability to burn 40 resting calories a day! Like wise, lose 10lbs of fat, and gain 1lb of muscle, you can now have an extra 2 pieces of melba toast a day! ;) (kidding of course)

Schoon

Yep - not to mention your body fat percentage goes down faster if you're lifting. It's a good thing ;)

dkmd27 07-30-2008 07:07 PM

Our center is running a 1 day special on the 31st (tomorrow) ... 17 more weeks for $79. I don't know if others are doing it or not, but if you're close you may want to ask.

exsquisit 07-30-2008 07:11 PM

Thank you! This makes me feel much better. They actually did tell me to only lift light weights and to only work my arms, no more than 15 mins. I take a full out weight class 2 days a week and we do every muscle group. It lasts about 55 mins. I do 3 days a week also. I wonder if I should stop the weights until I get this last 7 pounds off??? I don't wanna get all flabby though!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchoonCR (Post 2293861)
Make sure you are having them check your measurements, if you are weight training!

Muscles retain water big time when you have worked them... As long as you feel 'sore' after a work out, be sure that you are holding water in those muscles (as much as 4-5 days after a strong work out).

That is why our MRC center recommends not lifting weights, or making sure they are very light. I lift anyway... the more muscle you build/retain, the higher your metabolism will remain! Every pound of muscle you lose, you lose the ability to burn 40 resting calories a day! Like wise, lose 10lbs of fat, and gain 1lb of muscle, you can now have an extra 2 pieces of melba toast a day! ;) (kidding of course)

Schoon

exsquisit 07-30-2008 07:12 PM

I'm definitely gonna check on this! Thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkmd27 (Post 2293935)
Our center is running a 1 day special on the 31st (tomorrow) ... 17 more weeks for $79. I don't know if others are doing it or not, but if you're close you may want to ask.

exsquisit 07-30-2008 07:13 PM

Well that settles it. The reason they won't stabilize me is because of my b/f. I definitely need that to go down, so lifting will remain...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meemo (Post 2293919)
Yep - not to mention your body fat percentage goes down faster if you're lifting. It's a good thing ;)

exsquisit 07-30-2008 07:15 PM

JSTUCKLY and ALEXIAH: Thanks for the encouragement. It was a long time coming!

Congrats to all the losers! I'll be back later to catch up more personally.

Heatherren 07-30-2008 07:49 PM

Yipee, I get a ticker!! Let us see if I was smart enough to make it work, LOL.

Last week I lost 3 lbs. on Tuesday and then at WI on Friday---- Nada. So here I go in this Tuesday expecting a couple of lbs. and I lost a whopping 1. I was totally ticked off. I did go out to eat on Thursday evening and then again on Sat. evening so that may have had something to do with it. I made good choices but you know how dining out food is and I had a few tastes from others. I am going to one of the same places again this Friday and I think I will order the grilled tilapia again (minus the fruit salsa) and a double order of broccoli (instead of broccoli and green beans) and not do the salad.

I did get to the thirty pound board and it is really nice that my ticker is already at the halfway point. I also was able to get into a pair of jeans that a friend had given me (and were always too small) so that was very cool.

Finz 07-30-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exsquisit (Post 2293812)
You all didn't tell me how quick diet direct is. I ordered today and within 30 mins I was sent a shipping notice with a tracking number. That's too cool! Hopefully the products will be just as good as the service.

Crystal Thanks for your encouragement. I finally reached the 40 lb board and lost another 1/2 today. It's been slow going the past few weeks, and I think it's mainly due to all the weight training I've been doing. I did metaquick for 2 weeks and only lost 1/2 pound last week and so far another 1/2 pound today. That's discouraging! Looks like I'm gonna resign after Aug 13.

**YEA** Congrats on the 40 Lb board :D:D:D

shenanigan 07-30-2008 08:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for all of the info about MAC. I really eed an appetite suppressant. Guess I'll try it!

pbolton1 07-30-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meemo (Post 2293906)
Not yet but I'm thinking more & more seriously about it - I apparently really need the accountability right now. Doesn't help that my daughter is here visiting, even tho she's working on losing too.

Meemo, would you be going to the Shalimar or Destin center? I got the flyer in the mail yesterday for the $99 special. I was thinking I might go back, just haven't decided yet. I know I can lose the weight, but I never finished maintenance the first time, and I'd really like to follow through this time around.

Thinking..........

blueyedangel 07-30-2008 09:09 PM

Well...I did it. I went to WI. And, just as I expected I was up. UP 4 from my WI on the 21st... Sucks. Last week when we were at the lake, and I didn't drink much water, was lucky to get in 2 HNS a day, skipped meals, etc.... Basically back to my old ways. So, now - here I sit back on the other side of the 30 pound board with the same 4 pounds to lose all over again!!! GRRRRRR Gonna do Metaquick tomorrow and Friday, hopefully that'll get me back on track. I'm so disgusted with me. Why do I do this?????

I'm adjusting my ticker now. And, I'm off to walk on the treadmill, which I've been avoiding also. Geez...will I ever allow myself to see the 150's??????

Someone kick me in the butt please!

tvmitche 07-30-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY (Post 2293885)
What is this bell ringing? Have I missed anything???

I THINK THE "BELL RINGING" IS WHEN YOU LOSE POUNDS...THEY RING A HAND HELD BELL TO CONGRATULATE (AT MY CENTER THEY DO)..THIS MAY BE WHAT WAS TALKED ABOUT

tvmitche 07-30-2008 09:13 PM

today was a tough day at work (as for resisting tempting food)...a family that was discharged, brought a huge cookie cake with delicious looking white frosting....i didnt have one bite or one lick of the frosting....i felt kinda proud of myself. my scale isn't' moving though .....i want the weight to go down, down, down....still determined