3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Mrc - Take 24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/147224-mrc-take-24-a.html)

Goal4Life 07-31-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenanigan (Post 2294177)
When I mentioned my big Arkansas fish fry/bbq weekend, they suggested the Fat and Carb Blocker.I am trying it. They were out of it (wouldn't you know) hen I went in on Monday. I ordered and pre-paid and they BETTER have it tomorrow when I go in. Fingers crossed.

Careful with the fat and carb blocker..they only block that fat and carbs...not sugars (bbq sauce and sweets)..also, some of my freinds on plan, noticed when they took fat and carb blockers, that they tricked their mind into thinking they could eat whatever they wanted....just try to make the best choices possible...drink your hns, take your supplements, and drink LOTS of water, and you will be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelish (Post 2294196)
Okay so I had my first big slip up. This weekend was my 30th birthday. I actually was pretty OP over the weekend other than 1/2 a slice of angel food cake. However, last night my girlfriends threw a surprise party for me. We went to Espana which is a mexican place that serves only appetizers. It was way yummy and I tried to stay on plan for the most part but I know I had things I shouldn't have. I also had fondue with strawberries for dessert and two drinks. I am dreading going into the center.

On a happy note, I made much better choices than I would have a couple of months ago. I thought about what I was putting in my mouth and simply the fact that I turned down the chocolate carmel cake for a little fondue with strawberries is a success in my book :) Also, I could tell a difference looking at the pictures from the party...its hard to see the weight loss at home sometimes but I was amazed at how much I noticed it in the pictures.

That is the most important thing on this journey...learning how to make healthy, better choices! Way to go, don't beat yourself up over a few little off plan bits, when you really made a huge accomplishment overrall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jantdieting (Post 2294428)
ShineOn - thanks for the encouragement! I am back in the game! Visited the center Tuesday and realized my time away had cost me 15 pounds! I'm in the pre-conditioning phase until Monday, got to get all the sugar and caffeine out of JanT before hitting it hard. The headaches are a killer....but I'll survive!

Yeahhhh!! JanT is back!! way to go on making the big step back to MRC, I know you will be on the fat burning train in no time!

alexiah 07-31-2008 10:30 AM

WELCOME BACK JAN T!! Gosh we missed you, glad you found your way back to us.

SchoonCR 07-31-2008 11:42 AM

Someone else from Auburn Aldamnbama! Wow! Hi JanT!

Now I can talk good/bad about our local center and have someone argue/agree with me!

strawberryrhubarbpie 07-31-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Okay so I had my first big slip up. This weekend was my 30th birthday. I actually was pretty OP over the weekend other than 1/2 a slice of angel food cake. However, last night my girlfriends threw a surprise party for me. We went to Espana which is a mexican place that serves only appetizers. It was way yummy and I tried to stay on plan for the most part but I know I had things I shouldn't have. I also had fondue with strawberries for dessert and two drinks. I am dreading going into the center.

On a happy note, I made much better choices than I would have a couple of months ago. I thought about what I was putting in my mouth and simply the fact that I turned down the chocolate carmel cake for a little fondue with strawberries is a success in my book :) Also, I could tell a difference looking at the pictures from the party...its hard to see the weight loss at home sometimes but I was amazed at how much I noticed it in the pictures.

Well hey it was your birthday! Your 30th at that - and Espana, yeah I've been there and it's good stuff - and we are supposed to be learning how to do this for life, so you did good, made good choices but still celebrated your birthday with your friends! And wasn't it great seeing how different you look in your pictures? My hubby tells me almost every day how I am starting to look really different, which keeps me motivated!

strawberryrhubarbpie 07-31-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

We went to Espana which is a mexican place that serves only appetizers...

Oh and FYI, Espana is a Spanish restaurant that serves Tapas, or as we call them appetizers... way different from Mexican food.

Tapa (IPA: [ˈtapa]) is the name for a wide variety of appetizer in Spanish cuisine. They may be cold, such as mixed olives and cheese, or warm, such as puntillitas, Andalusian battered, fried baby squid. In the United States and the United Kingdom, tapas have evolved into an entire cuisine; at Spanish restaurants, patrons may order many different small tapas, and combine them for a full meal.

strawberryrhubarbpie 07-31-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShineOn (Post 2294294)
Phew, I take one day off of reading and got really far behind :): I was telling our center about the Colorado peer inspiration classes – well, they called me today. They’re going to be doing one on the 12th of August at the Bellevue center and I’m on the agenda! So, I need some tips from the Colorado folks. What do people usually talk about? Denise, I’m so glad you posted yours. I’m going to have to re-read it! I enjoy public speaking, so I’m not nervous about that. I’m just wondering what direction I want to take with my 15 minutes.

Off to bed – good luck on Thursday wi’s!

I'm confused :?: does this mean you're doing a peer inspiration class in Colorado, not Bellevue?

JSTUCKLY 07-31-2008 12:04 PM

Will crap I am up .5??? I been OP!! Not sure whats going on real bummer

Finz 07-31-2008 12:15 PM

I went to WI this morning and was down 2.5 and got to sign the 70 pound board :cb::cb: Next week is measurements and I'm looking forward to seeing those numbers.

JanT Great to see you back! :D

Donuts Thanks for the explanation about Sea-Thin. I started it last month.

GMA/Judy Your center in Greeley does sound great! I don't think I realised just how different centers can be until I joined this board.

I've heard some of you talk about MAC on here and I asked at my center today and they don't carry it. Apparently (according to the manager who was my counselor today) it's not the "allowed" list for them to order.

JSTUCKLY 07-31-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finz (Post 2294957)
I went to WI this morning and was down 2.5 and got to sign the 70 pound board :cb::cb: Next week is measurements and I'm looking forward to seeing those numbers.

JanT Great to see you back! :D

Donuts Thanks for the explanation about Sea-Thin. I started it last month.

GMA/Judy Your center in Greeley does sound great! I don't think I realised just how different centers can be until I joined this board.

I've heard some of you talk about MAC on here and I asked at my center today and they don't carry it. Apparently (according to the manager who was my counselor today) it's not the "allowed" list for them to order.

Why to go on the loss and the 70lb board!!!! Cant wait to here how your measurements go

Meemo 07-31-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenanigan (Post 2294177)
When I mentioned my big Arkansas fish fry/bbq weekend, they suggested the Fat and Carb Blocker.I am trying it. They were out of it (wouldn't you know) hen I went in on Monday. I ordered and pre-paid and they BETTER have it tomorrow when I go in. Fingers crossed.

Keep in mind that the "carb blocker" only blocks starches, not sugars. And they're only mildly effective on starches, so you still need to stay on program as much as possible.

Meemo 07-31-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY (Post 2294939)
Will crap I am up .5??? I been OP!! Not sure whats going on real bummer

Could be all sorts of things - the time of day, what you ate before going in, a little extra sodium from a meal out in the last couple of days, a little extra exercise, OTC meds, extra stress - SO many things can affect water retention. Just stay OP & it'll be gone with some of its friends. ;)

Meemo 07-31-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jantdieting (Post 2294428)
ShineOn - thanks for the encouragement! I am back in the game! Visited the center Tuesday and realized my time away had cost me 15 pounds! I'm in the pre-conditioning phase until Monday, got to get all the sugar and caffeine out of JanT before hitting it hard. The headaches are a killer....but I'll survive!

Woohoo! Glad to see you back!

JSTUCKLY 07-31-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meemo (Post 2295078)
Could be all sorts of things - the time of day, what you ate before going in, a little extra sodium from a meal out in the last couple of days, a little extra exercise, OTC meds, extra stress - SO many things can affect water retention. Just stay OP & it'll be gone with some of its friends. ;)

Thank you so much for you support,

maintainforlife 07-31-2008 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by stuck in grad school
Does anybody have a way to make broccoli healthy AND inspiring? I'm trying to eat more of it because it is supposed to be good for preventing skin cancer, which seems to plague us ruddy (Texas-born) Scots, but it's just so boring! It isn't offensive, just boring.

I love broccoli...but, I love it even more with cauliflower! Go figure!:dizzy: If you have a Costco by you my MIL turned me onto "Kirkland's Organic No-Salt Seasoning"...it ROCKS...I'm not kidding. Actually, I use it on almost everything!...in moderation, of course! :smug:

JSTUCKLY 07-31-2008 01:45 PM

I posted before and after pic so far. The before is in the profile it is from last year cheerleading it was my (O My where have I gone pic) and the update is the little one to the left.

So I am 6.5 pounds down can u tell???