3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Mrc - Take 24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/147224-mrc-take-24-a.html)

stuck in grad school 07-31-2008 07:20 PM

Thanks, everybody, for all the great broccoli ideas! I've got a whole shopping list of seasonings now. Wouldn't it be fun to try a new broccoli dish every day? Some of the suggestions seriously made my mouth water!

Donuts-You got my attention with the salsa topping. Is there something special about Roberto's that makes it on-plan? I mean, is it low in sodium or are the tomatoes not cooked? Or is it just so good that it's worth the picadillo? Also, which is your favorite flavor? I looked on their website, and I'm thinking about having some shipped to Texas. I LOVE salsa!

Here's the link for anyone interested. http://www.robertos-salsa.com/

Also, thanks for clarification in SeaThin/MRC-6/Enhancer/etc. Is Sea-Thin a substitute for MRC-6? I think I took both at the same time for a little while.

pbolton1 07-31-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meemo (Post 2294251)
Yep, Shalimar. I haven't gotten a flyer, but like I said, I got a phone call last week. It's for the month of August, right? (In case I don't get a flyer!)

Mine was mailed in P'Cola, so maybe it will take a while. They put the confetti in it, so be careful when you open it :D The offer is good the entire month of August. You have to buy a bunch of the pills as well to get the price.

I have a girlfriend going to the Destin office (it's about a mile from my house), but she hasn't stay OP a single day in the nearly 4-6 weeks she's already gone. I was hoping she'd be a good motivator, but I guess not.

I am going to wait a few weeks and see how I do. Lost 2.6 lbs last week, and that is with heavy, heavy weight lifting. Pretty good. I'm taking my DD to New Orleans on August 15 for her 21st bd. I KNOW I'll go off program then. I might sign back up after that depending upon how well I'm doing.

shenanigan 07-31-2008 08:01 PM

Geez! You guys are taking all of the fun out of the fat and carb blocker!! ;)
I know I need to watch it. I am going to try to fnd some dang veggies while I am away. These people own farms. Surely there are veggies!!!

On another note, I lost another 1 pound! That means I lost the TOM weight plus another pound. I am pretty pleased.

Thelish, You look awesome! You can really see the difference in your face! Good for you!!!!

DKRiley 07-31-2008 08:19 PM

Thelish - Look at you, your face has thinned out so much, you look beautiful.

theycallmemom 07-31-2008 08:21 PM

has any one found an alternative to the chicken boullion or tomato supplament? Trying to keep the cost LOW

SchoonCR 07-31-2008 08:31 PM

Driving 9 hours (alone, baby is too young for the trip) to VA for a family wedding this weekend. Will be on the road for all meals for 3 days.

I am taking everything, and will get all my pills, water (got 3 gallons, and an empty one, wink wink) and all 15 of my HNS.

Packing cheese and turkey for my 2 snacks each day.

BUT, dinner both nights, I will avoid the really bad stuff, but I am going to eat like the rest of them since it is a wedding! :) I'll avoid all the drinks, and try to avoid the bad carbs, but gonna trust that 2-3 bad meals won't kill me, and the carb/fat blocker at least helps me some! Will excercise all 3 days, to TRY and make up for the piece of cake I will accept.

SCARED about WI next Tuesday already, but figure if I plan to cheat some, I won't feel like a let down that night, alone, in the hotel room! :)

shenanigan 07-31-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchoonCR (Post 2295721)
Driving 9 hours (alone, baby is too young for the trip) to VA for a family wedding this weekend. Will be on the road for all meals for 3 days.

I am taking everything, and will get all my pills, water (got 3 gallons, and an empty one, wink wink) and all 15 of my HNS.

Packing cheese and turkey for my 2 snacks each day.

BUT, dinner both nights, I will avoid the really bad stuff, but I am going to eat like the rest of them since it is a wedding! :) I'll avoid all the drinks, and try to avoid the bad carbs, but gonna trust that 2-3 bad meals won't kill me, and the carb/fat blocker at least helps me some! Will excercise all 3 days, to TRY and make up for the piece of cake I will accept.

SCARED about WI next Tuesday already, but figure if I plan to cheat some, I won't feel like a let down that night, alone, in the hotel room! :)

You and I have similar obstacles this weekend. I will be int he car for 7 hours each way. UGH! I also am taking veggies and protein to snack on. I don't get "snacks" on my menu, but I will use those in case I am desperately bored/hungry. They tend to go hand in hand! I am also weighing in on Tuesday. I agree that if we know we are not going to lose, we will not be so let down. I think whatever weight we gain should come off pretty quickly if we jump right back on plan in Monday.
May the force be with you!
We can do it!!!!

Meemo 07-31-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbolton1 (Post 2295630)
I am going to wait a few weeks and see how I do. Lost 2.6 lbs last week, and that is with heavy, heavy weight lifting. Pretty good. I'm taking my DD to New Orleans on August 15 for her 21st bd. I KNOW I'll go off program then. I might sign back up after that depending upon how well I'm doing.

That's my plan as well - I'll see how it goes for the next 2-3 weeks. My husband & daughter are going to Georgia for the weekend tomorrow - I'm staying here with the menagerie & trying to get some work done on a home improvement project I've got going. So I'll try to get in 3 good totally OP days. It's almost like I know I've got that special they're running "in my pocket" so I've had little cheats every day since I heard about it. What a convoluted way of looking at things!

Meemo 07-31-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenanigan (Post 2295731)
You and I have similar obstacles this weekend. I will be int he car for 7 hours each way. UGH! I also am taking veggies and protein to snack on. I don't get "snacks" on my menu, but I will use those in case I am desperately bored/hungry. They tend to go hand in hand! I am also weighing in on Tuesday. I agree that if we know we are not going to lose, we will not be so let down. I think whatever weight we gain should come off pretty quickly if we jump right back on plan in Monday.
May the force be with you!
We can do it!!!!

The chocolate crispies make a GREAT car snack - you get a snack & an HNS at the same time!

namaste 07-31-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may06haw (Post 2295310)
Hi everybody...just wanted to stop in and say hi...Denise, where is your speech..I would love to read it...I am going tomorrow for my first WI.
Having a problem with when I get home and being hungry..last night I hate a little bite of peanut butter to stop it. I am taking almost every supplement known to mrc and something about the 45 min drive home is hard for me. It feels so good to have a place to share with.. Thank your for the time..I love all of the posts...Deborah

Deborah,

Here is the link to my blog, and it has "my speech" in there....
http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/namaste/

Can't wait to hear about your success about your first WI!

Denise

namaste 07-31-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenanigan (Post 2295654)
On another note, I lost another 1 pound! That means I lost the TOM weight plus another pound. I am pretty pleased.

Congrats!!!! :carrot:

namaste 07-31-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuck in grad school (Post 2295595)
You got my attention with the salsa topping. Is there something special about Roberto's that makes it on-plan? I mean, is it low in sodium or are the tomatoes not cooked? Or is it just so good that it's worth the picadillo? Also, which is your favorite flavor? I looked on their website, and I'm thinking about having some shipped to Texas. I LOVE salsa!

SIGS - You'll have to check with Donuts to verify, but I think they get the one's that are refrigerated... and it's the green chile one. From what I understand it's on plan because the tomatoes aren't cooked, etc... but again, I haven't had it so check with Donuts. Everyone here raves about their salsa. You could make your own salsa though?!:D That's what I do....

namaste 07-31-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelish (Post 2295549)
Denise Congrats on the loss, you are awesome!!

You are awesome!!! I love your new picture!!! HOT STUFF!

stuck in grad school 07-31-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2295791)
SIGS - You'll have to check with Donuts to verify, but I think they get the one's that are refrigerated... and it's the green chile one. From what I understand it's on plan because the tomatoes aren't cooked, etc... but again, I haven't had it so check with Donuts. Everyone here raves about their salsa. You could make your own salsa though?!:D That's what I do....

I DO make my own salsa! And I have a waiting list of professors who want it, but I haven't made it this summer because it has enough salt to preserve a person. There's also a really good salsa company out of San Angelo, Texas, called Julio's. They sell specially seasoned chips that go with their salsa. I can't stop with just one. It was my major 4th of July downfall. :dizzy:

How do you make yours?

thelish 07-31-2008 10:02 PM

SIGS - chips and salsa:love: oh how I miss that!!

:o Ladies thanks for the compliments on the new photo, it was a real pick me up!