Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #121  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Re: Puppy crate training

First off, I second what Meemo said about it being safer for him in the crate. Plus, once he gets adjusted to it, he'll be fine.

My trick was put a couple of treats in the back of the crate and get him to go in after them. Then close the door. Also, give it a name. I always tell Miss Potter to "Get in your room" so now when I tell her that, she knows what I'm talking about.

The favorite toy is a good idea just make sure it's a durable one. They will chew a LOT out of boredom so make sure it's something they can't completely destroy (something made by KONG should work).

My dog used to hate it too but now (she's a year old and I got her at 6 weeks), when I open her treat cannister in the mornings, she's usually standing in her crate before I even come out of the kitchen. It will get easier but you have to be consistent.

Good luck!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #122  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Re: Puppy crate training v2.0

Definitely leave the radio or TV on. Miss Potter likes to watch TNT while I'm at work. She's a big Law & Order fan.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #123  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Get rid of them! It isn't good to have "back-ups" around - if & when you feel your new clothes getting a little tight, it's your cue to rein things in a bit.
That's good advice. I guess I think I'm going to wake up one day and fit into them again. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

Holy cow- the pages are just filling up like crazy! I will go back and read what I missed since I headed out of town on Thursday - that will take a while.

Anyway - just wanted to post that I hope everyone has a great on plan week!

Rae
Old 04-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #125  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mireland View Post
Well... I just had my first HNS... I have to say it wasn't that great. It wasn't bad but I don't like products that you can taste the aspartame. Leaves a funny taste. I have the wildberry passion... which I will swallow with all my might. How is the lemon? It sounds so much better to me but the center was out of it.
I like the concentrate ones....grape, mixed berry, and orange. They are really easy to mix in the small bottles of water and take them with you. I think you probably have to get used to the taste...kind of like diet soda. Hope your stresses ease up on you. I know what it's like to plan a wedding. My dd is getting married in June and there are so many things to think about...Whew!

Good luck.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #126  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Meemo and Angierue...THANK YOU..I don't feel so bad now! I will just have to get a little routine going on for the crate. I work from home, so I am in the house a lot, but I think if I can wrestle him in there for the 2 main times I am out (kids to and from school), and then 1 other time a day other than bedtime, he will be ok on the days he has to be in there when I have more errands/exercise class. I just have to stop being such a pushover! LOL
All his favorites are in the crate now, I was leaving the tv on, then forgot to yesterday when we went to the movies with the kids (so I need to remember to do that).
I knew you all would help me! I will also talk to the puppy kindergarten teacher about it tomorrow.
Thanks!!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Just back from WI. Down .5 I did not think the scale would move at all so I will take this.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #128  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I have not done well the last couple of weeks! I am back OP today! I will do this. I am fighting with being soooo hungry lately. I got some fiber drinks and made merigue cookies (they said I can have them any time).

Wish me luck

Cookies that you can have anytime? Okay, I NEED this recipe! I have been craving cookies (and other not-so-good-for-me stuff.) I miss snacking and would love to have just a little something that I can eat. BTW, I used your recipe for pancakes this weekend--they are now my new favorite breakfast. Thanks!
My center has never mentioned the fiber drinks. What are they used as (HNS, creamy, etc.?) I could really use some fiber.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Cookies that you can have anytime? Okay, I NEED this recipe! I have been craving cookies (and other not-so-good-for-me stuff.) I miss snacking and would love to have just a little something that I can eat. BTW, I used your recipe for pancakes this weekend--they are now my new favorite breakfast. Thanks!
My center has never mentioned the fiber drinks. What are they used as (HNS, creamy, etc.?) I could really use some fiber.
You can have up to 3 fiber drinks in a day besides your HNS. It is extra and will help to keep you full. You have to have them with your meal, or so I was told. They taste good like fruit punch.

As for meringue cookies the recipe is in the cookbook. It is 3 egg whites and 1/8 t of cream of tartar. Whip to stiff peaks, fold in 1 t of vanilla extract and a packet of splenda. Spoon onto a pan that is covered in parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour at 225 F. Shut off oven and leave in for another 5 min. Remove.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #130  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Redgirl!

It was just one of those days. Sure made me feel better to hear you say that. You are a sweetie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Girl..I so know what you mean about McDonalds! Ignore everyone who is telling you to stop losing weight. You know what you need! Hang in there!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #131  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
losingweight..yes I know what you mean, sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and just don't see it gone. I think that is why I use/need pictures so much, when I look at the 'old' me, and some of my more recent pics, then I really notice the difference. Keep up the great work!

Happy Monday to everyone!

I am having a rough beginning week. We have a new puppy in our house (we got him just 3 weeks ago) He is so good, and has potty trained well, and is learning the basic commands, etc etc. BUT...I can't get him to like/enjoy his crate. Now it has become the battle of wills when I have to put him in there. He settles down fine at night, because the crate is in the bedroom, but when I have to put him in when I leave the house, he hates it. I know that isn't helping him either, me shoving him in, then leaving him there. HELP.. I feel worse doing this to him, than when I have to punish my children with a time out or loss of privelage??!! Is anyone a puppy expert on here? I know that I am stretching out on a limb here, but you never know what everyone's expertise is on a thread.
I can tell you I know how it can break your heart. I tried that a couple of times but couldn't bare it so I let Gabby (when she was a pup) just stay out of it. We installed a doggie door and trained her to use it so she had outside access whenever she needed it. When she was tiny (yorkie) I put her in a babies play pen at night instead of a crate, it had more room and did not seem so closed in. I did this so we wouldnt step on her in the middle of the night or early morning and so she wouldnt fall off the bed, I only did it for a couple of weeks. The doggie door was our saving grace, our cat even uses it.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #132  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Tea and Cookies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I have not done well the last couple of weeks! I am back OP today! I will do this. I am fighting with being soooo hungry lately. I got some fiber drinks and made merigue cookies (they said I can have them any time).

Wish me luck
I was not very happy about my wi this morning (up .5) . I know that I was not perfect but I did exercise pretty intensly ( 2-2hour bike rides at a good pace=50 miles worth). And that added to my hunger which made me have some stuff off plan which made me gain weight ugh. So bottom line is that I've stayed the same for almost two weeks. If I am going to make my goal I need to step up my losses. The center suggested upping my HNS to 4 per day and taking more vitamins. I hope that will help but it does seem counterintuitive. Oh and I tried the chocolate pudding today at lunch and enjoyed it. Will have to get some more.

Jeweliek: Tell me about the meringue cookies (recipe???) I'd like a little something to have with the new herbal dessert tea I found by Celestial Seasonings that's to die for (it's called Toffee). No caffine, no calories etc. DH likes it as much as I do but he gets to have cookies with it. I would like something to compliment it too.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #133  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Well... I just had my first HNS... I have to say it wasn't that great. It wasn't bad but I don't like products that you can taste the aspartame. Leaves a funny taste. I have the wildberry passion... which I will swallow with all my might. How is the lemon? It sounds so much better to me but the center was out of it.

I understand the McDonalds thing... my family had it last night. I so badly want to eat that stuff when I have a bad day.. sometimes on a good day! I can't get them on board with me though. My husband has great metabolism and ate 2 double cheeseburgers and a McChicken and a large fries. He still looks like a teenager. Makes me sick!

Part of my stresses were relieved this morning though. My 2.5 year old daughter was looking at having tubes put in her ears... I know most of you are thinking why is she stressing out about that. My daughter is a water baby though. You can't get her to sit up in the bathtub. She loves to be underwater. I knew if we did tubes I would be fighting with her. Anyways, we drained her ears this morning and redid her hearing tests and everything was normal. Finally... maybe she will start talking now! Between that and coaching my son's baseball and planning a wedding. I have been unbelievably stressed. But soon.. that will all come to an end. I have faith!
Next time buy the HNS that doesn't have aspartame, grape, pineapple, mixedberry, those have sucralose/splenda. There may be more than that, I really like the grape.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #134  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Mireland,

I'm so happy that your baby's tests were normal. Everything else will fall into place. It's never as overwhelming as it seems. When you need a good laugh, just think about me holding five jelly beans and smelling them to keep from eating them. My family got a kick out of that one.

Quote:

I understand the McDonalds thing... my family had it last night. I so badly want to eat that stuff when I have a bad day.. sometimes on a good day! I can't get them on board with me though. My husband has great metabolism and ate 2 double cheeseburgers and a McChicken and a large fries. He still looks like a teenager. Makes me sick!

Part of my stresses were relieved this morning though. My 2.5 year old daughter was looking at having tubes put in her ears... I know most of you are thinking why is she stressing out about that. My daughter is a water baby though. You can't get her to sit up in the bathtub. She loves to be underwater. I knew if we did tubes I would be fighting with her. Anyways, we drained her ears this morning and redid her hearing tests and everything was normal. Finally... maybe she will start talking now! Between that and coaching my son's baseball and planning a wedding. I have been unbelievably stressed. But soon.. that will all come to an end. I have faith!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Next time buy the HNS that doesn't have aspartame, grape, pineapple, mixedberry, those have sucralose/splenda. There may be more than that, I really like the grape.
I agree....Grape is my all time fav. It takes like Welch's Grape Juice and I have it nearly every breakfast.
Closed Thread