Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #1  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take 14!

Hey guys. It was that time again - we've already filled up Take 13! Let's move our conversation over here!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #2  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

MSTeacher - YOU ROCK!!!

Thank you!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #3  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

NP - now you just have to get people to start posting here LOL
Old 04-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #4  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

*Nickie walks on the board doing the funky chicken dance*

WI today, and lost 3.5 lbs!! and with TOM. They measured me and I lost 13 inches. That makes 14lbs in a month!! Oh I'm excited. We went straight from there to Kohl's where I bought the cutest pair of ginormous silver earrings and a gorgeous silver and turquoise bracelet (they were on sale) to reward myself. Think I will do that every 10 pounds from now on. I set a $10.00 limit. 10 for 10 sounds fair to me.

Oh yeah Rocki your kids are gorgeous!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post

WI today, and lost 3.5 lbs!! and with TOM. They measured me and I lost 13 inches. That makes 14lbs in a month!! Oh I'm excited. We went straight from there to Kohl's where I bought the cutest pair of ginormous silver earrings and a gorgeous silver and turquoise bracelet (they were on sale) to reward myself. Think I will do that every 10 pounds from now on. I set a $10.00 limit. 10 for 10 sounds fair to me.

AMAZING!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #6  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

3mm Congrats on the loss, I think it's great to reward yourself and that's an inexpensive way to do it. Also, I love the earrings you have in your pic. You've got style
Rocki Your kids are adorable! My daughter is a red head too and she's got the temperment to prove it. You must be a busy lady.
Meemo You're so sweet. Thanks for not judging. I had a very tough time that I had to get through and that was the quickest way I could get there. Glad that's in the past though. You're one rocking gma
blueyedangel congrats on getting off the stinkin' plateau. I tend to stay the same or go up and down a pound and then lose 3 or 4 for two weeks in a row. Then I stop and go up and down etc.... We'll all get there.
singalong Welcome and feel free to jump on in. I tend to lurk alot and not post too much, but I'm very motivated by this board and everybody on it.

Well off to my big challenge-Las Vegas for 3 days. I will stay op for food, but I've made the "choice" to have some adult beverages while I'm there. Kinda sucks 'cause I'm already bloated from drinking Airborne (coming down with a cold I think) and I know it's water, but still...ugh.

Good luck to everybody while I'm gone and be BIG LOSERS! I'll "read ya" soon.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #7  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

*copied over from old thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyololo View Post
Hello
I am new-ish as I was posting sometime in January of this year and as of today, I am back to where I started two years ago with this program. I am not saying it is the program to blame, or else my sign-on name wouldn't be Yoyo My quandary here then is this: I, like many many others, am in my car 75% of the day with 4 kids going and going. The program as I see it, requires that one is at home more than that to be really successful as the fast food options are limited (or is this just me rationalizing?) I read all of these great recipe ideas but then am hardly ever home or energetic enough to try them and end up just eating a protein bar/HNS and then I feel starved. I did make it to within 10 pounds of goal but then went bonkers and justified that NEXT week I will get back on program so THIS week, I will eat all I want of whatever I want. Then that NEXT week would turn into the NEXT NEXT week and so on and so on... Anybody else struggle with this maddening cycle? Also my question I guess is does anyone have any ideas to make this plan more travel friendly? It seems like the only way to make it work is to work it as in planning and prepping the night before ... I am not that great on planning but will certainly make it happen if that is the way to get these last 25 pounds off once and for all. I end up all p.o'ed at myself for gaining it all back which just leads to emotional eating (which before MRC, I would have never claimed to be an emotional eater! Or a bored eater...Or a habit-feeding eater...) ARRGGHH! I am a mess and I am tired of worrying about this. It is distracting and consuming. I would like my imagination back, please.
Thanks and I know this is probably a heck of a first post -- thanks for listening.
Heya,

I'm a mail carrier, so I'm in my truck all day long. I also have a fairly long commute, so I don't get home some days until almost 7. Then, on some days, I have to leave and be on the road quick so I can get to practice. But, anyway, yes, just plan the night before, and pick things you can eat on the road. When I'm cooking supper, I can weigh out my meat and veggies (which are cherry tomatoes a lot!), then set it in the fridge. Also, your center should have an eating out list available for you. There are many good choices for you to make while eating out, but you have to make them. It does work, just be patience.

♥
Noah

p.s. There's a sign on a church on my mail route: "Patience is waiting without worrying." I thought it was nice
Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #8  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

jewelie I just noticed your Tommy Lasorda quote-that's excellent
Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #9  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post

CONGRATS!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #10  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Just got back from the wi that I was dreading. I told my counselor about the prednizone (sp) and she was a little worried, too. We were scheduled to do my "tanita" measurements tonight, and she decided that we should wait until next time, since we didn't know what the meds would do to me. Well, I think we were both suprised to see that I had lost 1.5 pounds! That puts me at 25 pounds, which is my half-way mark! WOO-HOO! I am so excited and so motivated to keep this up!

3mm~ I think that I saw you at the center today! Were you wearing black and white and there at about 4:45-5:00? I was the blonde wearing denim capri's and a purple shirt. BTW, my name is Keri.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
jewelie I just noticed your Tommy Lasorda quote-that's excellent
I found it in a mag and just loved it.....I printed it all stylized on the comp and have it hanging in my bedroom.

Have fun in Las Vegas!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #12  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
3mm Congrats on the loss, I think it's great to reward yourself and that's an inexpensive way to do it. Also, I love the earrings you have in your pic. You've got style
Rocki Your kids are adorable! My daughter is a red head too and she's got the temperment to prove it. You must be a busy lady.
Meemo You're so sweet. Thanks for not judging. I had a very tough time that I had to get through and that was the quickest way I could get there. Glad that's in the past though. You're one rocking gma
blueyedangel congrats on getting off the stinkin' plateau. I tend to stay the same or go up and down a pound and then lose 3 or 4 for two weeks in a row. Then I stop and go up and down etc.... We'll all get there.
singalong Welcome and feel free to jump on in. I tend to lurk alot and not post too much, but I'm very motivated by this board and everybody on it.

Well off to my big challenge-Las Vegas for 3 days. I will stay op for food, but I've made the "choice" to have some adult beverages while I'm there. Kinda sucks 'cause I'm already bloated from drinking Airborne (coming down with a cold I think) and I know it's water, but still...ugh.

Good luck to everybody while I'm gone and be BIG LOSERS! I'll "read ya" soon.
That's EXACTLY what I do too!! It gets soooo frustrating! I wanna be a loser, not a yoyo!! LOL But, you're right...we'll get where we're going eventually!

Noah Tall - Hey there fellow Postal Worker!!! I'm a clerk, but I've done my share of crossing crafts and carrying a city route. My brother is a city carrier at another office. I'm gonna assume you're rural since you say you're in your truck all day... Is mail count a sore subject? All our carriers went down, except one. I heard it was bad everywhere and that our carriers should feel lucky...

Last edited by blueyedangel; 04-04-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #13  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Those are some pretty little girls you have there, Rocki. They look like their Momma!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #14  

I made some great pork tenderloin.
Cut into 5 oz portions - apply a rub of
6T Paprika
2T Ground Black Pepper
2T Sea Salt
1T Chili Powder
3 pinches Cayenne Pepper

to both sides

Sear and then put in an oven 350 F until done. Will take about 20 min.
I served with Black Bean Pico De Gallo

VERY yummy!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/186/140

Thanks guys for the suggestions about the water! I will try. I am doing good I just try to tell myself that I have to drink 4 bottles... the 4 sounds better than 64!

I had a really crappy day though. I decided that I didn't have time to go to the store this morning so I planned on starting the Meta Slim day 1 tomorrow. For quite some time now I have had gas pains... actually about 3 days a week. I had tried in the past to figure out what one specific thing was causing it and never could. I hadn't noticed until today that the pains were gone the entire pre-conditioning phase. Then today in a rush to get home and my daughter screaming in the back seat for food I stopped at Mcdonald's to grab her some breakfast. BIG MISTAKE! I ordered myself a Dr. Pepper and a hashbrown. Stupid stupid stupid! I drank about a quarter cup of the DP before I threw it out. I had already done away with all the caffiene this week and why go back. Much less it didn't taste as good as usual. I did eat the hashbrown though. About two hours later I was laying in bed with horrible pains in my stomach to the point that it hurt to move or breathe in deep. I was miserable. I think I have learned my lesson. I think I also figured out how toxic some foods really are!

I also weighed in this morning and was down 3lbs. I have slight thyroid problems that will most likely make my weight loss slow but I was pretty proud!
Closed Thread