Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #136  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
I'm no puppy expert, but perhaps trying to bribe him with a treat? It always worked wonders with my parent's dogs. Make sure it's a comfy place for him too...my dog has a little bed and blankets in his crate, but then again, he's only 11 pounds and has no hair(gotta keep him warm somehow!!) Like Meemo said, though, you have to be the pack leader. If you are stressing about putting him in the crate, he's probably picking up on it! (I watch a little too much of the Dog Whisperer!) If you are OK with it, he will be too! Also, you may want to try putting on a radio or something for him, rather than being in a quiet room while everyone is gone...maybe the noise will distract him.
LOL - I used to put on Animal Planet sometimes! Or classical music on Sirius (on satellite TV) - I don't do that much anymore, but I don't crate her anymore either.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #137  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I know what you mean. Meemo's picture with her clavicles showing has been my inspiration. I forgot I used to be able to see mine.
LOL - who knew that my clavicles would inspire someone?!? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #138  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just to clarify it was chocolate pudding HNS... not the real thing.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #139  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I think I used to have clavicles too. Need to go look for them lol.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #140  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
That's good advice. I guess I think I'm going to wake up one day and fit into them again. Thanks!
I got it from Dr. Phil's book - made sense to me!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #141  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemi13 View Post
Hi everyone!

Holy cow- the pages are just filling up like crazy! I will go back and read what I missed since I headed out of town on Thursday - that will take a while.

Anyway - just wanted to post that I hope everyone has a great on plan week!

Rae
Love your new pic!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #142  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Meemo and Angierue...THANK YOU..I don't feel so bad now! I will just have to get a little routine going on for the crate. I work from home, so I am in the house a lot, but I think if I can wrestle him in there for the 2 main times I am out (kids to and from school), and then 1 other time a day other than bedtime, he will be ok on the days he has to be in there when I have more errands/exercise class. I just have to stop being such a pushover! LOL
All his favorites are in the crate now, I was leaving the tv on, then forgot to yesterday when we went to the movies with the kids (so I need to remember to do that).
I knew you all would help me! I will also talk to the puppy kindergarten teacher about it tomorrow.
Thanks!!
Just remembered - it seems to me that I've read that it's good to crate them at times when you're home so that he doesn't always associate it with your being gone.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #143  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Meemo and Angierue...THANK YOU..I don't feel so bad now! I will just have to get a little routine going on for the crate. I work from home, so I am in the house a lot, but I think if I can wrestle him in there for the 2 main times I am out (kids to and from school), and then 1 other time a day other than bedtime, he will be ok on the days he has to be in there when I have more errands/exercise class. I just have to stop being such a pushover! LOL
All his favorites are in the crate now, I was leaving the tv on, then forgot to yesterday when we went to the movies with the kids (so I need to remember to do that).
I knew you all would help me! I will also talk to the puppy kindergarten teacher about it tomorrow.
Thanks!!
Didnt realize the puppy was a lab, ok so the baby play pen idea wouldnt be realistic, lol. Letting the dog just stay out of it and run around the house wouldnt be realistic either. Do you have a backyard? If you do coudln't you put him outside with a dog house and stuff during the day? so he could run around. We also have a German Shepherd in the backyard, he has access to the garage whenever he wants to get in out of rain or snow, and he has a covered patio for shade.

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 04-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #144  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Meemo The grandchildren are Gorgeous!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #145  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Default Turkey Sausage

Hello everyone. WI today for 1/2 lb loss. Slightly bummed but it is a loss! I received my Meta Slim 3 meal menu today. I am hopeful that I won't slow down in weight loss...Anyway my counsler gave me what looks like a great receipe for Lean Ground Turkey Breast Sausage. It is not in the cookbook, but she printed it for me. She said that it taste like pork sausage! I haven't made it yet, but I plan too. Here's the receipe:

1 lb ground turkey breast
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp dried sage

For Added flavor you may add:
1/2 tsp of each:
rosemary
thyme
marjoram
basil

Mix the turkey and spices in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended. Shape into a log and wrap in saran wrap or waxed paper. Chill overnight. Remove from wrap and cut into slices and cook slowly in a heavy skillet/griddle. Turn to brown. Weigh the cooked amt you can have and enjoy with the starch of your choice from your menu! If you prefer to utilize the flour or corn tortilla option, omit forming into log and simply brown the next morning. drain and weigh the amt for you and have a breakfast burrito. My counsler said that she does not refrigerate it overnight. I hope everyone tries this and likes it. Has anyone already cooked this?

Last edited by redgirl; 04-07-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: did not finish
Old 04-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=redgirl;2138291]Hello everyone. WI today for 1/2 lb loss. Slightly bummed but it is a loss! I received my Meta Slim 3 meal menu today. I am hopeful that I won't slow down in weight loss...QUOTE]

What color is your menu?
Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #147  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Didnt realize the puppy was a lab, ok so the baby play pen idea wouldnt be realistic, lol. Letting the dog just stay out of it and run around the house wouldnt be realistic either. Do you have a backyard? If you do coudln't you put him outside with a dog house and stuff during the day? so he could run around. We also have a German Shepherd in the backyard, he has access to the garage whenever he wants to get in out of rain or snow, and he has a covered patio for shade.
He's a Golden Retriever, but yeah just the same excited tempermant as a Lab, and big in size also.
I followed some of the great advice, and gave myself some time to leave today, instead of just rushing off, and he seemd more at ease when it was finally time for me to leave. I coaxed him in(no muscle needed, since I was treat bribing )about 10 or 15 mins before I acutally left. I gave him one of those Kong's filled with peanut butter, and I put Timon and Pumba (Disney channel) on for him, and kind of a bit louder than I would normally watch tv. To drown out any other noises that might be bothering him. When I got home with the kids in tow, I had them be quiet for 2 mins and just get their bookbags situated for homework time. Then I let him out of the crate. He seemed much more at ease. I think I am going to have to do this routine everytime I have to leave, that way he won't have so much anxiety.
You all had some wonderful ideas!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 186/186/140

Thanks for the suggestions on the drinks... the second one wasn't as bad as the first. Maybe by this evening I will love them...

Thanks for the jelly bean thought exquisit... that is totally something I would be caught doing.. but with reese's peanut butter cups! That made my day!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #149  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Meemo The grandchildren are Gorgeous!!!!
Thanks! We like 'em. LOL
Of course the little guy is screaming right now so he's on thin ice with me - we found out last week he's allergic to penicillin, think he got a little spoiled while he was feeling pitiful and now he expects to be catered to all the time. (Besides, he's 1 - and the universe revolves around him!)
I keep them about 3 days a week depending on their parents' work schedules. I love it, but man, toddlers are for the young!

Last edited by Meemo; 04-07-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #150  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I agree....Grape is my all time fav. It takes like Welch's Grape Juice and I have it nearly every breakfast.
I'm just skimming around since I'm at work but will catch up more thoroughly tonight. I wanted to jump in say YES! to the grape. It is definitely one of my favorite. I'm actually drinking one right now! I to tend to save it for breakfast but it was all I had in my purse.

I really like the lemon (one of the only powdered versions that I will buy). And if you are taking the fiber, my center said to mix it with my HNS. The berry fiber mixed with the lemon HNS is YUMMY! Kinda like a pink lemonade. I like it a lot.

Don't so much like the orange. Have to be in the mood for the Peach Mango but like it okay. Like the Wildberry and the Mixed Berry. Those are the only ones I have tried and like I said, other than the lemon they are all the concentrates.
Closed Thread