Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #106  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
YES! I freaked out when I felt my wristbones jutting out, and when I started being able to see/feel my clavicle (sp?)
I know what you mean. Meemo's picture with her clavicles showing has been my inspiration. I forgot I used to be able to see mine.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #107  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Thank you everyone for your nice comments! I feel much better just from the weight I've lost so far. Being able to cross my legs and not just set my ankle on my knee is something I forgot I can do. lol
I hear you - that's the kind of thing that I got all excited about too - crossing my legs & not having my foot way off at an angle from my leg. And feeling better physically was as good if not better than looking better.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #108  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
I know exactly what you mean. It's been a while since I have seen my knee caps but all of a sudden I noticed I have two. Woo Hoo! I see myself as the "big" me too. It's hard to imagine that I am smaller even when people comment on my loss. I guess one day we will realize this is the "real" us.

I packed up my cold weather "big" clothes. I am afraid to get rid of them. I know I am going to have to work hard to keep the weight from coming back but I am a little scared about it.
Get rid of them! It isn't good to have "back-ups" around - if & when you feel your new clothes getting a little tight, it's your cue to rein things in a bit.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #109  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post

I am having a rough beginning week. We have a new puppy in our house (we got him just 3 weeks ago) He is so good, and has potty trained well, and is learning the basic commands, etc etc. BUT...I can't get him to like/enjoy his crate. Now it has become the battle of wills when I have to put him in there. He settles down fine at night, because the crate is in the bedroom, but when I have to put him in when I leave the house, he hates it. I know that isn't helping him either, me shoving him in, then leaving him there. HELP.. I feel worse doing this to him, than when I have to punish my children with a time out or loss of privelage??!! Is anyone a puppy expert on here? I know that I am stretching out on a limb here, but you never know what everyone's expertise is on a thread.
I'm not a puppy expert, I have a dog but she's a rescue who was 7 whAnd en we got her last year. BUT, I can tell you what the rescue gal who brought her to us told me - he's safer in the crate when you aren't home. Keeps him from getting into things that could hurt him (and of course from hurting your stuff too). But think of it as a safety thing for him. Obviously he doesn't understand, but you do. And he'll get better about going into the crate as time goes by. My older daughter has a Boston terrier who was great about going into his crate once he got used to it. Now that he's 5 they rarely crate him, but when he was younger they did.
My younger daughter is going through the same thing now, got a puppy about a month ago. She crates him while they're at work right now & sometimes I go over to let him out during the day & he doesn't like to go back in, but he's getting a little better about it. He'll get used to it eventually.
Good luck with the puppy - what kind?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #110  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!
I went out of town for the weekend and WOW the old thread closed and ya'll have 8 pages on a new one!!! I will never catch up!

I went to WI on Friday before I left and was down .6 of a pound. I was kind of disappointed, but at least it was a loss.

This was my first time going out of time since beginning MRC and I didn't do very well staying on plan. It was harder than I thought it was going to be. I can see that I need to do more planning next time.

I didn't really eat anything off plan except a tiny bit of regular oil and vinegar dressing and some caffeinated coffee.....but I didn't get all my water in, didn't get to take all my pills, and had to miss lunch completely on Saturday. I was at a football game and there was nothing I could eat in the stadium, so I didn't eat. I hope I didn't mess up too bad, and I started back on track this morning.

Just thought I'd check in. I haven't caught up reading yet, but I hope everyone had a great weekend and great weigh-ins!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #111  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Meemo..thanks for easing my worries a bit, any helpful clues on how to get him to like the crate, or at least not fight it so much? He is getting stronger than me now and he is only 25 pounds, I am worried when he is 50-60 pounds that he is going to look at me, then the crate, then laugh . He is a Golden Retriever, cute as a button, and smart as a whip, I think he is getting to smart for his paws right now! I am waiting on the puppy kindergarten teacher that we have to call me (but she isn't in today). I am such a wimp, I can't bear to crate him, when I have to muscle him so much. So I took him with me to take the kiddos to school, and I skipped my spinning class, all just so I didn't have to crate him. I called and told my mom, and she thinks I am crazy for adjusting my life just because I don't want to muscle our puppy into the crate.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-07-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 186/186/140

Height: 5'7"

Well... I just had my first HNS... I have to say it wasn't that great. It wasn't bad but I don't like products that you can taste the aspartame. Leaves a funny taste. I have the wildberry passion... which I will swallow with all my might. How is the lemon? It sounds so much better to me but the center was out of it.

I understand the McDonalds thing... my family had it last night. I so badly want to eat that stuff when I have a bad day.. sometimes on a good day! I can't get them on board with me though. My husband has great metabolism and ate 2 double cheeseburgers and a McChicken and a large fries. He still looks like a teenager. Makes me sick!

Part of my stresses were relieved this morning though. My 2.5 year old daughter was looking at having tubes put in her ears... I know most of you are thinking why is she stressing out about that. My daughter is a water baby though. You can't get her to sit up in the bathtub. She loves to be underwater. I knew if we did tubes I would be fighting with her. Anyways, we drained her ears this morning and redid her hearing tests and everything was normal. Finally... maybe she will start talking now! Between that and coaching my son's baseball and planning a wedding. I have been unbelievably stressed. But soon.. that will all come to an end. I have faith!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #113  
Sharon

Meemo I love your myspace page!!!! I saw the pic of Sanford Stadium on your page so I assume you are a Georgia fan. I am too!! My daughter currently attends and dances with the football and basketball dance teams. She dates one of the guys who is the Hairy Dawg mascot. My DH and I go to all the games. I was just in Athens this weekend at G day.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #114  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mireland View Post
Well... I just had my first HNS... I have to say it wasn't that great. It wasn't bad but I don't like products that you can taste the aspartame. Leaves a funny taste. I have the wildberry passion... which I will swallow with all my might. How is the lemon? It sounds so much better to me but the center was out of it.
I really like the lemon, pink lemonade and the orange HNS. Some of them are sweetened with Splenda, but I can't remember which ones. I am almost positive the pink lemonade it though.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #115  
Em

Quote:
Meemo..thanks for easing my worries a bit, any helpful clues on how to get him to like the crate, or at least not fight it so much? He is getting stronger than me now and he is only 25 pounds, I am worried when he is 50-60 pounds that he is going to look at me, then the crate, then laugh . He is a Golden Retriever, cute as a button, and smart as a whip, I think he is getting to smart for his paws right now! I am waiting on the puppy kindergarten teacher that we have to call me (but she isn't in today). I am such a wimp, I can't bear to crate him, when I have to muscle him so much. So I took him with me to take the kiddos to school, and I skipped my spinning class, all just so I didn't have to crate him. I called and told my mom, and she thinks I am crazy for adjusting my life just because I don't want to muscle our puppy into the crate.
If he has a favorite toy that might help, but I think mostly it's just time. I love Goldens, my sister has one, so do my DD's inlaws. They're great dogs. Mostly, tho, like I said, it's just time. The more you do it, the more he'll get used to it. I'm sure the puppy teacher will have some better ideas for you. But actually, I think muscling him in IS what you need to do - you have to be the "Alpha" & be the boss of him, not the other way around.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #116  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mireland View Post
Can't relate - Wildberry Passion is my favorite! But, if you don't like the aspartame taste, try the ones made with Splenda. I didn't like them as well, but you might like them better. Hopefully your center will let you trade them out. If not, one thing I did find that helped when I didn't like a flavor was to either blend it with another compatible flavor that I did like; or to add my liquid minerals. Also, try putting it in a blender with ice & water to mix it - that might change it enough to make it more palatable for you.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #117  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Meemo I love your myspace page!!!! I saw the pic of Sanford Stadium on your page so I assume you are a Georgia fan. I am too!! My daughter currently attends and dances with the football and basketball dance teams. She dates one of the guys who is the Hairy Dawg mascot. My DH and I go to all the games. I was just in Athens this weekend at G day.
Yep, I'm an old Dawg! Went there 2 years, met DH there (he actually graduated, I didn't). Love Athens, love Sanford Stadium, LOVE the Dawgs & am hoping for a great season.
Funny, we just heard "Crank Dat" on the radio the other day & I was telling my daughter about watching the team and Hairy Dawg doing the Superman on the sidelines (and field!).
I'm jealous that you go to all the games - we haven't been for a few years but I've told DH that we HAVE to go to one this season. I'm hoping for big things this year!!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

Quote:
I am having a rough beginning week. We have a new puppy in our house (we got him just 3 weeks ago) He is so good, and has potty trained well, and is learning the basic commands, etc etc. BUT...I can't get him to like/enjoy his crate. Now it has become the battle of wills when I have to put him in there. He settles down fine at night, because the crate is in the bedroom, but when I have to put him in when I leave the house, he hates it. I know that isn't helping him either, me shoving him in, then leaving him there. HELP.. I feel worse doing this to him, than when I have to punish my children with a time out or loss of privelage??!! Is anyone a puppy expert on here? I know that I am stretching out on a limb here, but you never know what everyone's expertise is on a thread.

I'm no puppy expert, but perhaps trying to bribe him with a treat? It always worked wonders with my parent's dogs. Make sure it's a comfy place for him too...my dog has a little bed and blankets in his crate, but then again, he's only 11 pounds and has no hair(gotta keep him warm somehow!!) Like Meemo said, though, you have to be the pack leader. If you are stressing about putting him in the crate, he's probably picking up on it! (I watch a little too much of the Dog Whisperer!) If you are OK with it, he will be too! Also, you may want to try putting on a radio or something for him, rather than being in a quiet room while everyone is gone...maybe the noise will distract him.

Last edited by crested1; 04-07-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 04-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

Just came back from WI. Down .5....I was a little bummed, hoped for more, but a loss is a loss. BUT...we played Deal or No Deal today, and I won a free week...woohoo!!! I'm sooooooo close to the 30 pound board...I'm shooting for signing it on Thursday! They seem to think part of the reason for a small loss is that I got sunburned over the weeked, says it makes you retain water...well...add that to my lists of other reasons that I try to stay out of the sun/wear sunscreen, but I wasn't prepared to spend as much time in the sun as I did on Saturday...lesson learned.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I have not done well the last couple of weeks! I am back OP today! I will do this. I am fighting with being soooo hungry lately. I got some fiber drinks and made merigue cookies (they said I can have them any time).

Wish me luck
Closed Thread