Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #151  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

[QUOTE=WorkingARMom;2138327]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Hello everyone. WI today for 1/2 lb loss. Slightly bummed but it is a loss! I received my Meta Slim 3 meal menu today. I am hopeful that I won't slow down in weight loss...QUOTE]

What color is your menu?
Starting tomorrow it will be green (it is blue now). You have a higher muscle ratio than I do, so we maybe on different menus. I had to start off on a restrictive menu because my bodyfat % was in the 40 range. I was quite shocked to see that it was that high.

Lunch tomorrow?
Old 04-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #152  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My fav HNS's are grape concentrate, lemon, grapefruit (for breakfast), wildberry, and that's about it for the clears, sometimes I get in the mood for others, but it is few and far between.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #153  
Deanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
My fav HNS's are grape concentrate, lemon, grapefruit (for breakfast), wildberry, and that's about it for the clears, sometimes I get in the mood for others, but it is few and far between.
I like the grape(yum), pink lemon-aid, peach-mango, and grapefruit. I can now have fruit at lunch...I think someone said they put their fruit in their HNS at lunch and maybe even with Diet Rite?
I blended the wildberry with ice on the first day to make a slush...Hated it! Could someone elaborate on how you "mix up" your HNS to make them a treat or different.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #154  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
I like the grape(yum), pink lemon-aid, peach-mango, and grapefruit. I can now have fruit at lunch...I think someone said they put their fruit in their HNS at lunch and maybe even with Diet Rite?
I blended the wildberry with ice on the first day to make a slush...Hated it! Could someone elaborate on how you "mix up" your HNS to make them a treat or different.
I have used the hns with 1 Tbls of my vanilla pudding mix, and then ice and water, and it seems to mix much better, and not get so aerated. See the recipe thread, I think I saw a list of new and unusal hns drink ideas on there.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-07-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #155  
Deanna

Quote:
I have used the hns with 1 Tbls of my vanilla pudding mix, and then ice and water, and it seems to mix much better, and not get so aerated. See the recipe thread, I think I saw a list of new and unusal hns drink ideas on there.
I have not seen the receipe thread. How do I get to it?
Old 04-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #156  
Deanna

Quote:
Do you put that in the blender? Thanks for the idea!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #157  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hello everyone. WI today for 1/2 lb loss. Slightly bummed but it is a loss! I received my Meta Slim 3 meal menu today. I am hopeful that I won't slow down in weight loss...Anyway my counsler gave me what looks like a great receipe for Lean Ground Turkey Breast Sausage. It is not in the cookbook, but she printed it for me. She said that it taste like pork sausage! I haven't made it yet, but I plan too. Here's the receipe:

1 lb ground turkey breast
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp dried sage

For Added flavor you may add:
1/2 tsp of each:
rosemary
thyme
marjoram
basil

Mix the turkey and spices in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended. Shape into a log and wrap in saran wrap or waxed paper. Chill overnight. Remove from wrap and cut into slices and cook slowly in a heavy skillet/griddle. Turn to brown. Weigh the cooked amt you can have and enjoy with the starch of your choice from your menu! If you prefer to utilize the flour or corn tortilla option, omit forming into log and simply brown the next morning. drain and weigh the amt for you and have a breakfast burrito. My counsler said that she does not refrigerate it overnight. I hope everyone tries this and likes it. Has anyone already cooked this?

Ill have to try this.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #158  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Hi All -

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been crazy at work this past week or so. I am also taking an online class right now and so far behind in my assignments - its been insane!!!!

Anways, back to the reason for this thread. I am pretty psyched this week. I lost 2 more lbs and I wi the day after I started TOM. I was convinced that I would gain. I wi on Tues. last week and gains 1.5 lbs and then I ran out of a supplement so I had to go in special on Thursday to pick it up. I decided I wasn't going to wi because I know when I go after work during the week I always gain - so I walked in and told them what I needed and that I wasn't going to wi. The leader said I think you should wi and I told her again I didn't want to but they insisted so on Thursday I wi again and agained another lb. That was very disappointing and discouraging. Then when I went in on Sat. and lost 4 lbs I was excited. so I had lost 12 gained back 2 then lost 4 so I am at a total of 14 lbs in 5 weeks and that works for me.

I have kept up with all of you posts - Congrats to all you losers
Old 04-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #159  

Quote:
I too tried blending one for a frozen slushie like thing, oh it was nasty. I used grape. Something was way wrong, lol. I hated it also. I use those little aqua pods water bottles, there so little and cute, I drink some of the water out first then put in HNS and shakle it up. I like them just like that. The creamies are my treats, the hot chocolate I add 1 tsp instant decaff foldgers, 1 splenda and mmm mmmmm, at night it really hits the spot.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=redgirl;2138402]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post

Starting tomorrow it will be green (it is blue now). You have a higher muscle ratio than I do, so we maybe on different menus. I had to start off on a restrictive menu because my bodyfat % was in the 40 range. I was quite shocked to see that it was that high.

Lunch tomorrow?
I started on green. I was surprised that I have that much muscle.
Yes lunch tomorrow. I have not heard back from Nwaloser, though. At least we can meet.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #161  

Quote:
I have not seen the receipe thread. How do I get to it?
Here is the link for the recipe thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131391
Old 04-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #162  
Deanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Here is the link for the recipe thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131391
Thanks for the link. I also really enjou the hot chocolate! I will get some of the decaf coffee too, that sounds yummy! I haven't tried any of the other creamies(i have them all). I have been sticking to what I know I like right now.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #163  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I use a mixed berry with red raspberry diet rite and throw in some frozen berries (strawberries or raspberries). Add a little ice and it's yummy! I'm not a big fan of the grape - so my taste buds seems to be a little different. I love the peach mango & strawberry jello with hot water in the morning - kind of like drinking a really sweet tea! I also love the grapefruit & orange for breakfast. And the pineapple is a big staple for me - I add a splash of rum and coconut extract when time permits! BTW I absolutely LOVE the chocolate cheese cake for breakfast! I do the crust in the food processor and add splenda, vanilla & molly mcbutter too. The trick is to get the cottage cheese to blend until it's unrecognizable. I tried it in the blenda & with a hand mixer first and it was a disaster. The food processor is the only way I like it. The HNS are fun to experiment with. I made the meal replacement shake today with Diet Cherry Chocolate soda and ice instead of water. Wow, it was like having a cherry chocolate milkshake. Had to eat half of it with a spoon!!

Last edited by ShineOn; 04-07-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #164  
Deanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I use a mixed berry with red raspberry diet rite and throw in some frozen berries (strawberries or raspberries). Add a little ice and it's yummy! I'm not a big fan of the grape - so my taste buds seems to be a little different. I love the peach mango & strawberry jello with hot water in the morning - kind of like drinking a really sweet tea! I also love the grapefruit & orange for breakfast. And the pineapple is a big staple for me - I add a splash of rum and coconut extra when time permits! BTW I absolutely LOVE the chocolate cheese cake for breakfast! I do the crust in the food processor and add splenda, vanilla & molly mcbutter too. The trick is to get the cottage cheese to blend until it's unrecognizable. I tried it in the blenda & with a hand mixer first and it was a disaster. The food processor is the only way I like it. The HNS are fun to experiment with. I made the meal replacement shake today with Diet Cherry Chocolate soda and ice instead of water. Wow, it was like have a cherry chocolate milkshake. Had to eat half of it with a spoon!!
The hot tea idea sounds good. I haven't tried the pineapple yet, but I will. I like all of the others you mentioned. So with the cheesecake, I need to use the food processor for the crust AND the filling? So for your MR today, did you mix 2 of the chocolate premades with the soda and ice and put in the blender? Sounds good. Please elaborate, I am sure that I will need to use those from time to time. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #165  
Bonnie

Hi all. What a day. I spent the better part of the morning on a crying jag - I had to take my cat to the shelter, probably to be euthanized, given his litterbox habits. He did his best to ruin a bathroom while I was out of town this weekend and he was already on his "last chance." I didn't have a choice this time but darn, I love that cat. I hate getting my heart broken.

Went from the shelter to go WI, so I was glad it was a good one or I may have embarrassed myself! I was down almost 2 over the weekend, so I'm .2 from dropping into the 180s!

I stepped out on a limb this weekend too. I stopped by Christopher & Banks for the sale that ShineOn mentioned. I hate to buy much right now but got a great deal on some capri pants in a size TEN (!) - mind you, I'm nowhere near but I am very, very hopeful that I will be soon! I tried on the 12 and had about an inch needed in the waist to get them buttoned, so I'm especially hopeful buying a ten

I'm so tired and emotionally spent, I think I'll go to bed early tonight.
Closed Thread