3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take IV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/123824-metabolic-research-center-take-iv.html)

losingweightnow 10-15-2007 10:01 AM

I wondered about the cost of buying online compared to at the centers... Since I am able to go 2x's a week (and the office is less than 1/2 a mile from my house) I have never researched it. I have heard of a group of MRC clients that do order from the net, but they order in bulk so it is cheaper for them. (plus most of them do not live so close to a center). What is the cost? For me to buy 5 boxes of HNS/meal bars/ shakes it is $50.00. I can get those to last almost 2 weeks. Plus there is no tax or shipping. Is there a difference from what you pay for online ordering? Thanks!

FlyinSolo 10-15-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losingweightnow (Post 1893198)
I wondered about the cost of buying online compared to at the centers... Since I am able to go 2x's a week (and the office is less than 1/2 a mile from my house) I have never researched it. I have heard of a group of MRC clients that do order from the net, but they order in bulk so it is cheaper for them. (plus most of them do not live so close to a center). What is the cost? For me to buy 5 boxes of HNS/meal bars/ shakes it is $50.00. I can get those to last almost 2 weeks. Plus there is no tax or shipping. Is there a difference from what you pay for online ordering? Thanks!

Woohoo! finally figured out how to quote & reply :carrot: So anyways, for 5 boxes of HNS/bars/shakes it costs $49.75 + 6.95 shipping via UPS for a total of $56.70, so the only "savings" is that I didn't sign a new contract for the privelege of purchasing the supplements from the center. That's the only savings, but it's worth it in the long run for me. Does that make sense? :dizzy: I HATE MATH!! And of course, I am completely accountable to myself. I'm wasting my money buying supplements if I'm going to cheat whether I answer to a live body or my scale in the morning.

FlyinSolo 10-15-2007 11:31 AM

Oh wait!! I forgot that when I decided to pursue this online I paid for a $20 membership that gets me 10% off regular and sale prices for one year so I actually pay $51.72 for five boxes incl shipping. No tax is charged.

krazykk 10-15-2007 11:47 AM

losingweight Here is the link to the pancake recipe. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&postcount=155 I made them last week and they turned out great. You have to make sure to follow the directions exactly as I wrote them. Make sure the cottage cheese is blended well and that you add the oatmeal at the end. I wrote these as Suzi made them, step by step. I know other people described their's being like scrambled eggs until they tried it Suzi's way. I wish I knew what to tell you. Suzi used a food processor to mix them, I used one of the hand wands that mix super well. I also doubled the batch and heated up the second half for breakfast later in the week.

Hope this helps!

COKimBee 10-15-2007 12:20 PM

Woo hoo! My plateau has broken! I was at the 20 pounds lost mark for 3 weeks (bouncing around there...gain some, lose some), but on Friday's WI, I lost 3 pounds! That's the biggest loss at WI that I've had since pre-conditioning. So, hopefully it will continue down now. I'm halfway to goal! I'm feeling more confident about my body already. :D

Molglo - on your skinny consultants...ask to see their before/after pics. I know at my center, all the consultants keep theirs within reach. Also, ask to see a different consultant. You paid the money, you should be happy with the support. ;)

ShineOn and Smgyorkie - congratulations on 3.5 pounds! :carrot:

Paradisegirl - some of the consultants at my center are open to telling the clients that they have been on program more than once. This is my husband's second time and he was embarrassed at first to re-join, but he tried it on his own without luck. The support is one of our biggest reasons for joining and it works! Maybe you should give the online counseling a try.

Good luck with WIs this week!

smgyorkie 10-15-2007 01:20 PM

Happy Monday Everyone!:cb::cb::cb::cb:

Nandb – The fiber drinks don’t have the protein in them so yes you should still have your HNS. I am jealous of your great classes – ours are no so great:(- don’t love the speaker – but I am there for the information, so I keep on keepin on. WOOO HOOO you got to sign the 20 pound board :bravo:– keep it up your doing fantastic!

Mary V – Ok so it’s just my day to be jealous :flow1:- I can not wait till I get to that 149 mark – close, so close

GrandmaB – Welcome! :welcome:

COKimBee – WTG breaking your plateau – you’re on your way down!:cheer2::cheer2:

I have purchased something’s online but only because my center does not offer the variety that I can get online. You do have to be careful because some of the items are not as high in protein & are higher in carbs - and I am sure this will throw you out of fat burning

hoochinelly 10-15-2007 01:39 PM

hi everyone!
i had a little stumble this weekend but i am back on the wagon today. we went to a friend's 50th wedding anniversary party on saturday night...catered by macaroni grill....Yikes...but YUM! i was just a little bit bad but i did have a glass of wine...no cake, though!
then on sunday we had a potluck luncheon at church...that was tough also!
but here i am today right back on plan...it will be ok!

So i think there are some changes going on at my center....(waco, TX)...my favorite girl hasn't been there the past week and there is an ad in the employment for a mrc counselor. i hope Michelle is still there!

yoyololo 10-15-2007 02:21 PM

cynicism or blame shifting

Hey all
I know that the contract says the ultimate responsibility for my weight loss is mine but I am curious as to the role y'all's centers' counselors play in the whole thing. From the sound of some of these posts, the counselors are motivating and continue to work with you guys and really seem to be behind you. I get the feeling that I am being strung along so that I will have to re-enroll to get to goal so I can get on Maintenance and that any delay in that just means more revenue for the center. Cynical I know. :(
My experience has been that I have (as I think I mentioned before) never signed a board (i have lost 26 pounds so far but over the course of a plan and one re-enroll) and they were incorrect on my inch loss by almost 12. They are nice as can be and I have developed a sort of "friendship" with them so am reluctant to raise a fuss. Perhaps that is the Southern girl in me who knows. To my question, if anyone knows, can we attend ANY center that is in our area or is our contract with one particular center site? I would like to attend another to see if I am trying to shift responsiblity here or if there is really something to my cynicism. I know I could just DO THIS and get out of the cycle forever! Now there's an idea :D Thanks.

yoyololo 10-15-2007 02:25 PM

Oh My!

Right after I posted that last reply, I mean I got up from the computer to answer the phone, and guess who it was -- that's right -- my center!! Jeez, I am so lame. :) I read the Chutes and Ladders post a moderator wrote from long ago and that has some great words of wisdom for my responsibility issues and guilt. Good Grief. :dizzy:

losingweightnow 10-15-2007 02:53 PM

krazykk thanks for finding it! I will have to print it and try again. After I get a food processor. I mixed mine with a fork... It sounds good and I am craving pancakes... And if it can be doubled to make some for later in the week then I am all for that!

yoyo How ironic! Do you think their ears were burning?? You can go to other centers, but I think they have to fax your info back & forth. Doesn't hurt to try though.

COkim Congrats!!! Way to keep on! You rock!

flyin thanks for the info!

I went to WI today and lost one more pound!! I have until Nov 10th to reach my goal... I am putting a lot of pressure on myself... I did ask my couselor about a meta-quick program, and she had never heard of it. She is going to ask a few of the other counselors who have more experience and have been there longer to make sure though. I was considering doing it, only with their approval though - to get to my goal weight in time. I know if I don't make goal they will continue to work with me, but it's more of a personal thing.

FlyinSolo 10-15-2007 03:48 PM

Because there is a tub of Dreyers Double Churned Light (schmight!) PUMPKIN PIE Ice Cream in my freezer that is positively screaming my name at all hours of the day (and my two children would claim child abuse if I threw it out), I decided to take matters into my own hands. So try this, it's YUMMY! 1 packet of vanilla shake HNS, really cold water and some pumpking pie spice (about 1/2 tsp or however much you want I guess). Blend and enjoy! (you could add ice, but I figure it waters down the taste) SO GOOD! Tastes just enough like the real thing that I can move on past the raging temptation :D

Mary V 10-15-2007 10:31 PM

Solo - What a great idea... it sounds perfect! I've been craving a Starbucks pumpkin latte so I think I'll try what you made, only warm, with the cappuccino HNS. Mmmmm. Thanks for the idea!

YAY COkimbee!

I'm STILL stuck at 154. UGH!!!!!!!!!! I'll spare you all my venting (they heard it today at the center), and just say that when I mentioned that 11/17 is the end of my contract, the counselor said, "Don't worry about that, it won't be an issue" and I decided to leave it at that. I switched to All Day Weight Loss (from Enhancer, which I have loved) to see if that will heat up my metabolism a bit more. We'll see. It certainly can't hurt!

I love this forum - you guys are the best! I'm so glad to have a place to "talk" to others who are going through what I'm going through. At work, people ask me how I'm doing it, and when I tell them, they're full of excuses, but they still cheer me on. It's not the same as talking to you guys, who are all really facing the challenges daily and getting through it. Thanks for being here!

ShineOn 10-15-2007 10:41 PM

Oh Mary V, you're so close to goal weight! How long have you plateaued?? You're body is really fighting you, but just hang in there!!! :hug: It has to cave and let you get your loss at some point!!

molglo 10-15-2007 10:46 PM

Great WI today. Lost 2.5 lbs. :carrot: Have 6.5 more pounds until below the 200 mark. :dance: Wish me luck over the next week. Haven't been there is quite some time.

FlyinSolo – How do you quote? I tried and it just copied. The one big thing for me is knowing that I need to go in and weigh. For some reason, that keeps me on track. I don’t know if I could do it without that. I really admire what you’re doing.

krazykk - The pancake recipe looks great. Can we eat a batch for breakfast? Was trying to determine if it would fit into my plan. Also, what is the hand wand?

paradisegirl - As I was leaving the MRC today a gentleman walked in and said that he was a member a year ago and had been off program and was ready to sign up again. I do not believe that they would be judgemental. Take care of you and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to sign you up again.

Nandb - what are some of the classes at your MRC that you found to be really helpful? We have a dietician who has worked in bariatrics for the past 20 years. I haven’t attended any of the classes yet.

losingweightnow - Congrats on the 1 lb. :cp: I sure would like to know what the medi-quick program is? I meant to ask my counselor when I WI today but forgot.

COKimBee - Congratulations on the breaking through the plateau. 3 lbs. Wow!! :woo:

GrandmaB – Welcome to the group :wel3fc: . This is a great bunch of folks and such a wonderful support system.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013...160/206.5/.png

Mary V 10-15-2007 10:49 PM

ShineOn I've been stuck here since 9/28. I know, I'm so close I can taste it! (probably not the best expression to use here, but...)

Thanks for your support, and I'm hanging in here! The support really DOES help!:)