3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take IV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/123824-metabolic-research-center-take-iv.html)

Mary V 10-13-2007 02:56 PM

4my2ltl1s - My center says to drink the fiber tea with meals along with your HNS. They told me you can get slightly constipated if you drink it without food.

4my2ltl1s 10-13-2007 03:01 PM

MaryV - Thank you, that is definitely good to know! :hug:

smgyorkie 10-13-2007 03:49 PM

:bat:Yeah for me I did it :cheer2::cheer2:– I lost exactly what I wanted – 3.5#. :carrot: Ahh I feel better now – no more tantrums! (Darn I shoulda aimed higher!) ;)

I am going to try to change up a bit this week & do the Mediquick Plan. With less than 15 pounds :D to goal I really have to be careful & not let my guard down. My counselor said they would start me on stabilization when I am within 5# of my goal weight. I have set my goal weight about 10 pounds lower than what they originally told me because I want to be at a healthy and not an overweight BMI range. :broc::broc::broc:

I am hoping that I can do this 15# :goodscalein two months….no later than end of year. With the help of MRC & this FABULOUS board:thanks: - IT WILL HAPPEN!:sklol:

hoochinelly 10-13-2007 05:19 PM

woo hoo SMGYORKIE!!!!!! yOU ARE ROCKIN!

krazykk 10-13-2007 05:40 PM

Wow we have had some great losses here! It gives me so much hope that no matter how much one has lost or how long they have been on program, there are still great losses!

smgyorkie:woohoo: Great loss! I am so impressed!

nan11:cp:Good for you with another 1.5 off!

donuts:twirly:Wow, 70 lbs off and still losing 2 at a weighin. You are my inspiration and role model!:dancer:

shine on:congrat: Congrats on blowing that plateau out of the water! Hey, what are the cinnamon cookies you are talking about?:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie: Thanks for the encouragement and shout out for passing the restaurant test...many people don't understand how difficult that is for me!

molglo:woohoo: Whoo Hoo! You made the 10lb mark! Doesn't feel great? I am now ready for the next 10!

Thanks to all for the support and encouragement! I don't think I could do this without all of you!!!:flow2::flow1::flow2::flow1:

Hvnlymzic 10-13-2007 05:54 PM

When I eat at a restraunt I always ask for my water and a kids size water with no ice. I mix my HNS in the kiddie cup. The servers always kinda look at me a little funny and I've actually had one stop and talk to me about what I was doing, so I explained that its a protein drink for a diet plan that I'm on. He was cool about it and commended me for my hard work. Just thought you all might use that little tip.

molglo 10-13-2007 05:59 PM

:cheer2:smgyorkie - Yah Hoo for you...3.5 lbs. way to go! :cp: What is the Mediquick Plan? I've seen that mentioned several times but don’t know what exactly it is.

Nan11 – Congrats on the 1.5 lbs.:congrat: How long have you been with MRC? I have to lose about 55-60 lbs. also. I don’t have the recipe book because my DH doesn’t know that I’m doing this. I don’t want to say anything until I lose my weight. Also, do you have the recipe for the cinnamon cookies? Can I eat something like that this early in the program?

nomoredonuts4me - Yeah. Another 2 lbs. :carrot: I will try the evening stuff this week and see how it works. Thanks for the encouragement. The center is not new so I don’t know why they don’t have a board. I will ask them.

krazykk – What a great job of staying on program while eating out. :cheer: Since my DH doesn’t know that I’m doing this, he wanted to go to the Chinese restaurant the other day. I started dreading it and was trying to figure out what I could eat without tipping my hand. I figured I could eat some boiled shrimp, crab legs, and steamed veggies. I was so relieved when he changed his mind. Big step....good for you!

ShineOn – How great..another 3.5 lbs off. Burn on girl. :flame:

Everyone - I guess I’m full of questions today. What is the fiber drink?I don’t know what I would do without all of you. They don’t say very much of everything at the MRC so logging on with all ofyou is like opening a treasure box.

FlyinSolo - Can you explain what the day 5-11 menu is.
Congrats on the 3.5 lbs. Outstanding!:bravo:

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013...9/165/210/.png [/url]

ShineOn 10-13-2007 11:34 PM

Cinnamon Cookies

Sorry - I should have included the recipe (it's on pg 177 for those that have the cookbook)

1 pkg Vanilla cream pudding supplement
1 egg, beaten
1 slice 40-calorie bread
2 pkg. artificial sweetener
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (or more to taste)

Tear bread into very small pieces and mix (food processor works great!) with other ingredients in food processor or blender. Drop onto cookie sheet with spoon. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Servings: 1
Beginning: Meta-Slim Day 5 Meal: Breakfast
Meta-Slim Plus Day 1 Meal: Breakfast
Replaces: 1 bread, 2 oz protein, 1 creamy supplement.

I had used my creamy for breakfast this morning and was out of fresh fruit at lunch. All the recipes in the book call for vanilla or chocolate pudding so, I created my own smoothy and it turned out great!

1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
1/4 cup of frozen rasberries
1/2 can of diet strawberry soda
1 mixed berry HNS
5 ice cubes.

Mix and drink! It was suprisingly creamy and very yummy!

NanaDB 10-14-2007 01:48 AM

4my2ltl1s"thank you for the advice! I picked up a box of the fiber drink during WI yesterday. I should have asked them, but maybe you all can help. Do I drink the fiber drink in addition or in place of one of my HNS?"

My center's manager told me to drink the fiber tea at bedtime to help with constipation. It worked! I can't remember if it is in place of an HNS.

We had a fantastic class at our center today. Well, actually we walked across the parking lot to the Baker's grocery store for a store tour. Suzi, our manager (Who by the way is the most awesome encourager of all time!!! :cp:) is working with the Baker's manager to have a MRC aisle--how awesome is that! We could get everything we need in one aisle instead of going up & down each aisle. We learned alot about produce, spices, protein, egg sizes, etc. Way to go MRC Bellevue, NE!:hug:

Signed the 20 lb board today! Don't feel any better as far as my arthritis & fibromyalgia is concerned. But, I will have to shop for new slacks & shirts for work soon!

nomoredonuts4me 10-14-2007 07:56 AM

Yea for ShineOn!!!!!!! 3.5 pounds MIA!!!!!!
:carrot::broc::carrot::broc::carrot::broc::carrot: :broc::carrot::broc::carrot::broc:
:carrot::broc::carrot::broc::carrot::broc::carrot: :broc::carrot::broc::carrot::broc:

ShineOn 10-14-2007 03:29 PM

CONGRATULATIONS NANADB I'm excited that you got to sign the 20 lb board :cheer: I'm hoping to sign that next week.

Wow Donuts, thanks for the encouragement - I'm flattered :o

Paradisegirl - I haven't been on long enough to know the difference between the different plans. I just know that they have a lot of different ones depending on your weight and medical conditions. I wouldn't be comfortable telling you exactely what my meal plan is because we might be in completely different situations. Have you thought about contacting the MRC closest to you and asking their advice? I know you said they don't have one near you - maybe they have a solution for your situation.

krazykk 10-14-2007 04:36 PM

Way to go nandbAwesome signing the 20lb board. :bravo: I really wanted to go to that class, but I see my mom on Saturdays and need to go before her lunch time or she has a difficult time with me going! I will try and work something out for another Saturday.

paradise I am unable to help you. I am on a special plan due to my diabetes. I have no clue as to the other diets. Shineon has a great idea, I have heard they will do the program long distance. Go to www.emetabolic.com and check it out.

graduatethin 10-14-2007 05:20 PM

Hello everyone! Thanks for the encouraging words- I know the scale will move eventually-- I just have to be patient - not one of my virtues.:( I handled the tailgate party well- took a salad w/tuna and my HNS, but I couldn't (or didn't) resist a glass of wine. Know I shouldn't have... :nono:
Not being able to relax with a glass of wine is going to be hard for me. Not during the week, but on the weekends.

Paradise, I am right there with the others, I don't know if it is a good idea to share menus online.... sorry.

KrazyK I would like to go to that shopping class, too. I went to the store today and bought a lot of fish and chicken. I know I am going to need to vary this a little more when I get past day 11.

Congrats to all the board signers! That is so awesome, can't wait to sign one!

Busy week this week- P/T conferences. I am just going to try and be really prepared with my meals-- there is always so much food in the lounge during this time. Then we leave Friday for NY- I won't weigh again until the 24th-- surely the scale will move by then! :D

You guys are great! I love reading all the posts!;)

NanaDB 10-14-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradisegirl (Post 1892590)
ok. I am ready to start and need some support. I hope that Sunday is not a slow day for post. I also want to check out my tracker. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Don't know where you live, but I agree with the others. The menus are not to share--they are specific to your body weight & medical condition. You can go on-line & join long distance. www.emetabolic.com Or call a center & ask their advice.

losingweightnow 10-14-2007 06:43 PM

paradisegirl My menu has 4 ounces of protein... So you see - even the ounces makes a difference. We would love to support you and help you become the Loser you so desire to be - but do not want to lead you down the wrong path. Try the website, and look for the closest center to you. Call them, and maybe they can fax or email something to you to get started. If you aren't following the right plan then it could result in weight gain, or just plain old frustration... Good luck!