3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take IV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/123824-metabolic-research-center-take-iv.html)

Volgirl71 10-06-2007 04:33 PM

Wow, ya'll are the best!!!

txrose3 - congrats on reaching your goal! You are an inspiration!

sb4me - congrats on 3.5lbs! I love stir fry. I haven't bought the cookbook yet, but I think I will this week.

losingweightnow and 4my2ltl1s - I don't often eat eggs, and I never would have though of boiled eggs or egg beaters. It isn't that I don't like eggs, but I just rarely have them. I will try them this week! Thanks!

4my2ltl1s - 13 inches and 10 pounds of fat!!! That is awesome!

jantdieting - thanks for the suggestions. I will try the cottage cheese and the boars head turkey. By the way, War Eagle! My Vols are beating UGA right now. I am hoping it continues. :)

Thistimesdifferent - Thanks for the breakfast and veggie ideas!

Meemo - when you cook the veggies and store for later, do you reheat them? How many days do they last after cooking? I am trying to find convenience as much as possible as I am on the go a lot. I am not sure what Irish Oatmeal is, but I will look it up. :)

Marylou65 - I don't buy the Crystal light deal either for what it is worth. :)

4my2ltl1s 10-06-2007 05:04 PM

I was reading online about obesity and the different levels. My original weight was in the Morbidly Obese range. So, investigating further I have made up my new goal schedule.

The following are for a 5’7” female.

My current weight of 249 places me in the Severely Obese range.

First Goal - 223 this will put me in the Obese range.

Second Goal – 191 at that weight I will be in the Slightly Overweight.

Third Goal – 159 this will put me in the top of the HEALTHY

Final Goal – 135 I am hoping for this weight, but because my FFM is 120.5 that goal weight might actually cause me to be Under Weight.

I was sooooo hoping for more chatter today. I am making Halloween cookies with my children for their fall festival. I will get through this. I will come back tonight and post on whether or not I ate one. See how much you all help, just writing that I will come back and tell you has strengthened my resolve to not have a cooking and to not lick my fingers when icing them. :dust:

I am still waiting on TOM’s visit. I know it has something to do with all the stress :tired: I am under, changing my lifestyle, building a house with my husband as the contractor, and this whole heart thing. The doctors are placing a 30 day monitor on me. They think it has something to do with this extra heart beat I have had my entire life. All this extra weigh is just exacerbating it, I think. If you can believe it, not a single doctor has addressed the weight issue. Are they that used to seeing overweight patients that their first response is no longer, you need to lose weight?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! We are having another soggy one. :rain:

Leigh

jantdieting 10-06-2007 05:07 PM

WI this morning and I gained a pound....:( even after all the encouragement about fish! We had a funeral this week and yesterday I had Remicade.....I'm almost as ill as UGA and Vandy fans!!! Difference is I know more water and fish will cure my problem.....not so sure about the football problem. Maybe if Florida does a number on LSU tonight they will feel better! Too much football talk...I don't mean to step on anyone's toes....just sharing the love of the game! :hug: You never know what will happen in the SEC!

Volgirl71 ~ Some good recipes are being posted. Not sure which plan you are on but.....I can not have COOKED tomatoes (except the tomato HNS) and I can not have GRAPES or PEARS (just learned about the pears this morning...may have been some of my problem:o). Go VOLS! I'm watching the game, too! I just love hearing Rocky Top!!!

Cottage cheese may not be limited on certain plans....but it is higher in carbs than some of the other options. On the Crystal Light & Water...my center says PURE H2O. When I asked about adding lemon or something they advised to get used to drinking pure water and you won't feel dependent on Crystal Light, lemon, etc. to get all your water in each day. 100 oz is a LOT of water!!! But try drinking it in smaller containers....I use a glass that holds 16 oz, my goal is to have 3 glasses before leaving for work (1 when I first get up; 1 with my arthritis meds; and 1 with my MRC meds). That's almost 1/2 of what's required for the day! If I had to look at a 32 oz container of water....I don't think I could get it down! Just figure out what works for you and go with it!

Leigh ~ Have a choc pudding HNS, not a cookie! You can do it! I'm off to a harvest festival tonight, too! It's cloudy in Alabama...hope the rains hold off for a few hours! Have fun making your cookies!!

krazykk 10-06-2007 08:14 PM

Well group, great going ons here at Take IV! So many losses it is hard to keep track and mention everyone so :bravo: to you all!

ShineOnand NanaDB -It was great meeting you both today. I kept looking around for ShineOn because of her picture on her profile, by the way, your picture does not do you justice! I had no idea what you looked like NanaDB. What a surprise when Suzi let us meet in front of the whole class and then let us share this board with everyone. I hope to see more Omaha people here online! I will be sharing the recipes in the next post!

ShineOn, thanks for the idea of the recipe's for veggies. I am not a veggie eater, so this will give me some new choices.

I love:love::love::love:spaghetti squash. I had it with my bison burger at lunch today. My friend eats it with grilled chicken and a chicken boullion HNS and always moans in delight when eating.

I had a great breakfast today. Since I am on meta balance, I get two breads for breakfast so I made a cheese Quesidilla. :rolleyes:Wow, it was great. I could do this with half a tortilla also. It was nice for a change!

Someone mentioned cooked tomatoes here. In cooking class, our director reminded us that the reason we cannot have them is because when tomatoes are cooked the sugar in them triples! That is why I like this program...they tell us why we can't have things and what it does to us if we do!

Another thing I learned is the reason we do not have cheese in the evening. she told us that cheese metabolizes too fast and if we eat it for our protein at dinner we will be in starvation mode before breakfast! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

4my2ltl1s- Sorry we weren't here for you earlier! Here is a cookie for you!:cookie: If you have trouble, try making your own out of the cookbook!

Gatorbear On Meta - Balance for dairy we can have soy milk, skim milk, yogurt and string cheese. I am on level 3 so don't know what level you will be on!

Speaking of Meta-Balance - I am on that since I take Insulin. I am now off one of my insulins and have cut the other in half in only 1 1/2 weeks!!! :woohoo: At this rate, I may be off the insulin before I have been on it a year! My doctor will be so pleased!

This group is so awesome! Thanks for all the sharing and support. :grouphug:

Recipes to follow!

krazykk 10-06-2007 08:20 PM

Pancake Recipe

Here is the pancake recipe we learned today. It is fantastic and will be my breakfast for tomorrow!

Suzi’s MRC Pancakes

1/4 cooked oatmeal- make this first by taking a scant 1/4 of Quickoats and blend with hot water until a thick consistency (thicker for baking and thinner for eating) Wait to add this until later.
1/4 cup (2 oz) cottage cheese- blend in food process or blender first to get all the lumps out.
1 egg
1 pkg. sweetener (equal or splenda)
Cinnamon (1/2 tsp, nutmeg (less than 1/8 tsp), vanilla or other flavorings up to 1/2 tsp(maple extract, butter extract)

After the cheese is blended, add egg and blend until well mixed. Add oatmeal and blend Add sweetener and seasonings to desired taste. Spray a hot griddle with butter flavor spray and wipe around with a paper towel. (Important to have a hot griddle) Pour onto griddle a circle with about 3” diameter. (If they are too big, they are hard to turn) They take longer to cook so watch. They do not bubble like ordinary pancakes. When first poured they are glossy, so when they begin to dull, it is time to turn.

Possible toppings are heated peach mango concentrate or other HNS with 4oz of water added and heated up. (They are great plain!)

It is easy to make up two batches at a time and can be heated in the microwave another day!

I was also wondering about pumpkin spice added here also!

Enjoy!:flow2::flow1::flow2::flow1:

krazykk 10-06-2007 08:23 PM

Funnel Cake

These were good, but I don't think as good as the pancakes!

Suzi’s Funnel Cake

1/4 C (2 oz) low-fat cottage cheese (blend well in processor or blender)
1 medium egg
1 pkg. of sweetener (equal, splenda)
1 pkg. of vanilla pudding supplement (dissolved with about 6 oz water- mix until a thick but still runny consistency) Will only use 2 Tbsp of the mix
nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon

After blending cottage cheese until smooth, add the rest of the ingredients, using only 2 Tbsp of the mixed supplement. Coat a hot griddle with butter flavored cooking spray and wipe around with paper towel. Pour or spoon mixture onto heated griddle in a shape of a funnel cake, making sure it is not to lacy or too thick. (Too lacy will be hard to turn and too thick will take longer to cook) Brown on both sides. Don’t turn too early, you actually should wait longer than you think you should before turning! Top with splenda, cinnamon or heated up HNS mixed with 4oz water.

(This recipe is okay, but to make it taste even better, add 1/4 c of cooked oatmeal. To make the oatmeal, take a scant 1/4 cup of uncooked quickoats and add hot water until the mixture is thick. (Thick to cook with, thinner to eat)

You will want to eat the rest of the pudding. It will count as your creamy for the day. If you don’t eat it, the HNS used doesn’t count.

Someone asked about using the chocolate pudding for this. Suzi had not tried it, but it might be good!

Enjoy!:flow2::flow1::flow2::flow1::flow2::flow1:

NanaDB 10-06-2007 10:53 PM

Pancakes

I agree w/KrazyKK--these were delicious, even without butter & syrup. I will add butter extract & maple extract to mine when I make them.

KrazyKK & ShineOn~~it was such a thrill meeting both of you today at the center's cooking class.:hug: Maybe more of the Bellevue members will join us here now that they know about it. This is a great place to learn new recipes & what works & what doesn't.

I had WI today. Lost another 2 for 3.5 total this week. Since I was never invited to sign our 10 lb. board :(, I look forward to next week when I will invite myself to sign the 20 lb. board :^:.

krazykk 10-06-2007 11:08 PM

Nana - Since joining this, I decided not to wait to be invited. Just ask or remind them! I had to ask about the leaves and I asked to have the clapper when I lost! I am going to be my best supporter this time! Make sure you tell them you didn't get to sign the 10lb board so they can get a picture of you doing it!

It was so much fun seeing you today! I haven't decided about the shopping class. Saturdays are hard for me since I go see my mom. If I go too late, like I did today, my whole eating schedules gets way off. She hates to see me leave, so if I go before a meal, I can leave when she starts to eat. She has Alzheimer's so she just doesn't understand!

Great job on the loss!:dancer::dancer:

I know you will make the 20lb board next time!

4my2ltl1s 10-06-2007 11:18 PM

I didn’t eat a cookie!:D:dance:

Jantdieting
– :thanks:, I took your advice and had a chocolate pudding HNS.

Krazykk
- :chef:Thank you for sharing the recipes. The pancakes sound great. I have never in my life eaten a sweetener. I guess this is as good a time as any to start. Thank you for the cookie.

I don’t know what is going on with me today, I usually don’t have this big of a problem with wanting a food. :drill:I think being inside all day with the kids and playing referee did not help. I was so ready for the day to be over that I read my son his nighttime books at five o’clock. Of course I didn’t realize it was five at the time, with it still raining it seemed a lot later than it was. He must have thought I was crazy.

Does anyone else have the problem of needing to remind themselves to eat? Before I started MRC, I was fixated on eating, what I was going to eat, when I was going to eat, and how much I could eat. Now, when mealtime roles around, I take my MRC-6 and know I need to wait 30 minutes, before I know it an hour has passed and I have not eaten yet. I am at a point where I think I need to start setting an egg timer.

4my2ltl1s 10-06-2007 11:22 PM

nanadb - :cp: congratulations on your loss this week!

ShineOn 10-06-2007 11:28 PM

Hi Everyone!! Yep - we all got to meet - KrazyKk & NanaDB - your personality is just as fun if not better in person!!!

KrazyKK - Thanks for typing out the recipes. Since I was in the hall, people we're wanting to talk to me and I so wanted to participate in the class!!! The nibbles were great though. Congratulations on the obvious health changes you are seeing already. You just bubble in person!

NanaDB - :bravo: CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss this week!!! You are ahead of me now :D - great job! Anytime you want to go to the base gym or Curves, just let me know. I know it's a lot easier for me to work out somewhere after someone has shown me the ropes! That's weird that you missed the 10lb board - point it out and get your name on their anyway - you earned it!! Suzi has been hiring and traning a lot of new people.

jantdieting - Sorry about the weight gain :( You're a strong person - just keep on. Next wi will be much better!

4my2ltl1s - How did you do tonight? Hopefully no blts with the cookies :)

Here's my two cents on the water vs crystal light. I was told the pure water is important because it's main job is to flush out the fat. When you add things to the water like the crystal light or the other flavorings, your kidneys have to work on processing the dyes instead of just fat flushing. Not sure if I'm translating the perfectly, but I just stick to the water. A Diet Rite is a nice "dessert" at the end of the day if I've met my water goal.

Aszimmer - I don't think we've heard from you at all since Aaron got home. How are you doing.

Donuts - miss hearing from you - hope you're doing ok. What's your opinion on the water issue?

krazykk 10-06-2007 11:33 PM

4myltl1s :bravo: for you in handling the cookie situation. I am glad I am not doing this with little ones around, however, I wish it would have been around then.

I have trouble remembering to eat or even making myself to eat! I get more food on the Meta-Balance and somedays it is too much...yes too much. There are other days I do get my cravings, but the guggul helps with that.

Glad you enjoyed the cookie!

jantdieting 10-07-2007 12:09 AM

What a day this has been...glad to see the chatter pick up this evening!

Thanks for the encouragement from everyone! :hug: I need to set a goal for my Dec cruise! Yesterday, after I saw the doctor...while I was in Montgomery I hit the mall!! Found 2 swimsuits (size 16) so I know I need to drop at least another 25 or maybe 30lbs by Dec 20 in order to wear them on the cruise. Instead of putting them in a drawer, I hung 'em in my closet so I will see 'em EVERYDAY! That should be enough incentive!

4my2ltl1s ~ :bravo: for leaving the cookies for the kids! We all struggle with the little things! Someone posted the BLTS...I should post that in my kitchen!

ShineOn, KrazyKk & NanaDB ~ I so glad you got to meet! What fun! Thanks for the recipes! Our center is having a cooking class this week...I'll be sure to get recipes to post!

Night-night everyone!
JanT

P.S. Went to Harvest Festival tonight....no cookies, no cake, no candied apples....just me and my Diet Rite!

stressed57 10-07-2007 06:05 AM

New to this site

Hi everyone. Thought I would join this site and see what its all about. I heard about it at our cooking class yesterday and sounds pretty interesting. So I will see what happens. I just started going to MRC the first of September. This has been one plan that I can stick with. Have already lost 14 pounds so I am well on my way. Seems like I am either making meals, eating them or cleaning them up all the time. HAHA. Anway I hope to meet new friends and join you guys in our journey to be healthy.
Cindy

graduatethin 10-07-2007 06:50 AM

Hello all! I am really getting into all your advice, recipes and successes! This is a great place to share and stay on track! I went to my food class on Friday night. I am going to start on Monday. I have family in from out of town. We are having a surprise birthday party for my mom this afternoon. It has been hard this weekend-- I have just tried to eat healthy and drink lots of water! I am anxious to get going on Monday! When I WI on Friday, I was down another 1.5, that was encouraging. I am also concerned about the two weeks ahead... next weekend we are doing our annual trek to Lincoln for a football game- not sure I even want to watch the game after last night- but this is always a big tailgate party- any suggestions? Then... my husband and I are going to New York for 4 days to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I am really going to need some help with how to cope with that! Any travel tips?? I thought about waiting to start until later, but there is always a reason to wait. ;) Anyway, thanks for all your tips and hints, I am loving this site!