3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take IV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/123824-metabolic-research-center-take-iv.html)

marylou65 10-14-2007 07:58 PM

I agree with the rest of you, paradisegirl should go online and join there, or call the nearest center and let them advise her. The centers are very definite about not sharing information specific to each person's needs. I even think it's in my contract i signed. It isn't safe to get advice like that second hand.

Mary V 10-14-2007 08:21 PM

paradisegirl - most centers will mail you your menus, supplies, etc. See if you can find one, call them, and they can get you started again. You might have to go in once, or maybe they can do the questionnaires & stuff over the phone with you. Good luck!

Mary V 10-14-2007 08:25 PM

I forgot to mention..... I weigh 149 on my home scale today. It's been comparable to MRC's scale in the past, so I'm hoping my plateau has broken. (crossing fingers) Wish me luck at WI tomorrow!!

Paradisegirl 10-14-2007 08:28 PM

I understand what your saying. If I could travel to one of the local Centers then I would. I spent most of my night reading all 3 of the MCR topics and I see people posting all kinds of stuff about what they eat and what pills they take. I was just hoping that someone could help me out with the plan that looks like the one I was on before. If you see my post from above. I'm really just wanting help with type of veggie, Fruits and lean meats.

marylou65 10-14-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradisegirl (Post 1892772)
I understand what your saying. If I could travel to one of the local Centers then I would. I spent most of my night reading all 3 of the MCR topics and I see people posting all kinds of stuff about what they eat and what pills they take. I was just hoping that someone could help me out with the plan that looks like the one I was on before. If you see my post from above. I'm really just wanting help with type of veggie, Fruits and lean meats.

Paradisegirl, you can get all the help you need by joining MRC, and from what I've read here, you can do it online. That should solve your problem. Good Luck!

GrandmaB 10-14-2007 09:15 PM

I'm new on this site. As you can see I'm a Grandma and not real great at all this computer stuff. Ha! I love this MRC diet plan. It's really working for me. I've been on it for 42 days and I've lost 20.5 lbs. I do have one problem....when I purchase the bars, I can't just eat one. It's the food addict in me! Does anyone else have this problem.....I'm so sick when it comes to food. Else everything is going well. I know, you're all saying "just don't buy them".....but they taste so good. I love the director of our MRC...Suzi is the greatest! To all.....Thanks for sharing all the great tips and have a wonderful week.

marylou65 10-14-2007 09:32 PM

I'm getting a very uncomfortable feeling about this request to share diet plans. I absolutely would not do it because I signed for and paid for MRC to help me, and to give this specific information to someone else may not work for them. The nutritionist goes over my sheet every week and looks for things I'm eating wrong, based on my medical history. I'm not a nutritionist so I would not feel good about suggesting anything to anyone who is not a member of MRC. I see recipes and ideas shared on here, but that is totally different. We each know what we can and cannot eat. We can either use the recipes or not. The center knows what each person needs, and only them, so I don't think it's for us to do that. Anyway, that's the way I see it.

graduatethin 10-14-2007 09:50 PM

:welcome3:GrandmaB!

marylou65: I agree with you!

FlyinSolo 10-14-2007 10:32 PM

Menu sharing question

FlyinSolo - Can you explain what the day 5-11 menu is.
Congrats on the 3.5 lbs. Outstanding!:bravo:

molglo - Thanks!! and it's the 2nd menu I got after Day 1-4. It added in 1 bread with dinner, and I get to have an egg with my breakfast. Tomorrow is Day 11 so after that I'll be back to the green MetaSlim regular plan.

paradise - I, too, am a former MRC-er. But I happened to save ALL of my materials (for which I paid a serious chunk of change which I believe entitles me to utilize them at my discretion indefinitely, barring any new health issues, of which thankfully there are none :) Having said that, I agree regarding menu sharing. It's very individual, but also I think some of the basics are across the board (i.e. my plan doesn't allow banana, pears, grapes, and carrots, in any phase from precondition to the green menu). I also can't find POTATO anywhere on any of my menus :mad:

For me, it's really a matter of commitment on my part. So far, it's been working for me. I'm down 4lbs :carrot: and the issues I'm having are the same issues I'd be having sitting down twice a week in front of a counselor living either a pat-on-the-back or a major guilt trip. I'm still responsible to make good choices. I'm just living out the last line on my MRC Protocol & Guidelines: "REMEMBER: No one but you can ensure your success. Your Center Team will assist you in designing your individual program, but you alone must strictly adhere to the plan if you are to succeed. Your weight loss will depend on your self-discipline and cooperation."

So there you have it! I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who has been through it before and comes back to the plan for a refresher who doesn't want to plunk down another $200 and sign another contract, right?? :?:

4my2ltl1s 10-14-2007 11:58 PM

:welcome2: GrandmaB and Paradisegirl!

GranmaB - I know what you mean about them being so yummy. I could eat the entire box. Knowing this, I set a limit about where and when I can have the bar. I save it for breakfast on weigh in days only. I eat it in my car where I only have one available. This has gone a long way in preventing me from eating them just because I was craving chocolate.

I think I solved my eating/forgetting to eat problem. I entered all my meal and HNS times into my calendar on my phone and set it up to remind me. When the reminder comes up, I take the supplements and start making my meal or I drink the HNS. Being able to type what I eat into the notes of the reminder is an added benefit for when I don’t have my log with me.

Paradisegirl 10-15-2007 01:53 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FlyinSolo Thanks so much for your post. I can not go back to the same location and face the same people that was there before. I'm frustrated enough. I also can not see paying more for drinks at the locations..when this site gave me web sites that I can purchase the same items for less.
Welcome also to GrandmaB I could not get the bars before for the same reason. I like the choclate pudding and can control that. The location that I went to also had a basket of singles -so sometimes I would buy just a few singles. You can do it!

losingweightnow 10-15-2007 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradisegirl (Post 1892950)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FlyinSolo Thanks so much for your post. I can not go back to the same location and face the same people that was there before. I'm frustrated enough. I also can not see paying more for drinks at the locations..when this site gave me web sites that I can purchase the same items for less.
Welcome also to GrandmaB I could not get the bars before for the same reason. I like the choclate pudding and can control that. The location that I went to also had a basket of singles -so sometimes I would buy just a few singles. You can do it!

If you went to your center so long ago (7 or 8 yrs), then there more than likely has been a staff change. Plus they don't keep your records. I went to one center about 3 or 4 yrs ago (didn't finish plan), and they opened a new office closer to me so I signed up again and they advised me they didn't keep the records. JUST CALL. You would be helping yourself, and making all of us feel more comfortable. We don't want to discourage you from weight loss, or from coming to this board. We all PAID for the information we have from MRC (whether we are going now or saved our info), and as you know from before it isn't cheap. You can post more excuses or just swallow your pride and call them. If you can't afford to pay them in full then maybe they can put you on a payment plan of some sort. (my center is having 1/3 off right now). Good luck!

Hvnlymzic 10-15-2007 09:35 AM

I agree with all the no-share comments. Don't let shame be a reason not to go in, whether it is because you've gained some of the weight back or because you've had a bad snacking week and are embarassed to go in for WI. They want to see you there and they are actually happy to see people come back. I know the 2nd time around, my center strongly suggests that you attend some of the breaking the cycle classes.

I am going to re-sign next week and believe me, I am not looking forward to that payment, but if I already know it works (which I do) and I like the results...then why not go ahead and pay for their help and support.

Best wishes to all this week!! My church is having a fast right now...clearly, it wouldn't make sense for me to do that since I pay all this money for them to tell me to eat, but I am trying to figure out something that I can sacrifice for a week...any suggestions?

(PS...I re-read some of my more recent comments and saw that I have been kinda negative recently...I'm sorry if I squashed any toes...never my intent. Even though I don't personally know any of you, I care about each person here and would never want to offend...)

losingweightnow 10-15-2007 09:48 AM

Ok - I checked a few pages back, and can't find the pancake recipe someone posted... I wrote it down, and made them this morning... Mine were not very good. I am not the greatest cook, but this recipe seemed so easy. Instead of something that resembled a pancake I got burned scrambled eggs with cottage cheese and oatmeal mixed in. I chilled a concentrate in the freezer to use over the top of it, and that turned out find and hid the burnt taste, but I was hoping for something different. I was wondering if I missed something... I will continue the search for the recipe, but wondered if anyone else tried it yet and what results you had. Thanks!!

:goodluck: Good luck to everyone with WI today! :goodscale

FlyinSolo 10-15-2007 09:52 AM

paradisegirl - I understand your reluctance. Frankly the only reason I'm not back at my center with my tail between my legs is that I did save my material and it's only been a couple years. If you have none of your start up material, you really can contact them and be straight up about your needs/concerns. It's worth a shot, right? Before I started this again 10 days ago, I did read through all the "Takes" on this MRC board to see if there was anything that stood out as new and relevant that would/should preclude me from trying to be successful on my own. You just need to decide what you want to do for yourself!! :hug: I only wish I had known about support like this when I went through the first time, maybe I'd still be an "after" :^:

Good luck and skinny thoughts to everyone on this lovely board!! Oh, btw: buying HNS/bars online is not cheap either TRUST ME!! :dizzy: