3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take IV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/123824-metabolic-research-center-take-iv.html)

stressed57 10-09-2007 10:19 PM

Thanks for the comments Hvnlymzic and ShineOn.
I think I am going to just mail my HNS to my parents in Vermont which is where we will be staying. I think it will just make things easier at the airport. I will just take enough on the plane to get me through the day.

ShineOn your comment about a fistfull of fat is great. I will have to keep that in mind. I never really looked at it that way.

Everyone keep up the good work!! :bravo:

Mary V 10-09-2007 11:30 PM

Shineon - I forgot to give instructions .... Cut the cucumber into spears, sprinkle with hot sauce, then squirt lime juice on. My favorite hot sauce for this is called Tapatio. Let me know how you like it!

kristinedj 10-10-2007 01:43 PM

Hi, all! Thanks so much for everyone's tips and suggestions. I'm getting a little burned out on salad for lunch. Salads have been an easy way for me to get my protein and veggies in all at once. I have a very short lunch time, so that's been pretty convenient. What does everyone else eat for lunch? Everyone seems to be doing so well! I'm moving a little more slowly than I would like...just gotta keep going and not get discouraged. Keep up the great work everyone! I love reading about your successes!

stressed57 10-10-2007 04:23 PM

I need your help!! :shrug:

Someone was talking about using the concentrate as Jelly on toast, but I didn't see how you do it. Can someone shed some light on this subject for me. I am getting tired of plain toast. I heard about heating one up and using it on french toast or pancakes but not sure what you do to get jelly. Any help will be much appreciated.
Have a great day

smgyorkie 10-10-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stressed57 (Post 1888259)

Someone was talking about using the concentrate as Jelly on toast, but I didn't see how you do it. Can someone shed some light on this subject for me. I am getting tired of plain toast. I heard about heating one up and using it on french toast or pancakes but not sure what you do to get jelly. Any help will be much appreciated.
Have a great day

Try the Walden Farms products. I have not found their jelly at my local store but ordered it on line at www.waldenfarms.com. Their products have really helped me in my journey. Hope that helps:carrot:

losingweightnow 10-10-2007 04:48 PM

Just wanted to share this with all you... While I was sitting in my van at the bus stop this afternoon waiting for the kids I noticed my stomach is not close to the steering wheel anymore! :cp: It was a "ah-ha!" moment for me...

smgyorkie 10-10-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losingweightnow (Post 1888295)
Just wanted to share this with all you... While I was sitting in my van at the bus stop this afternoon waiting for the kids I noticed my stomach is not close to the steering wheel anymore! :cp: It was a "ah-ha!" moment for me...

Its a beautiful thing to watch yourself shrink away isn't it! :bravo:

I just started me a "VICTORIES" chart...Carting all the victories that I have accomplished & will accomplish - this would definately go on my chart! WTG!:cp:

ShineOn 10-10-2007 04:57 PM

Hvnlymzic - Yes, they do have the buffalo burger there! They've always been a pretty creative restaurant. It is odd that donuts hasn't posted in so long. Let's hope he's just busy or off playing. It seems like it would be easy enough to create a new identity.

kristinedj - I seem to fall back on cold chicken and veggie sticks. If I have time at home, I love making up a fruit "milkshake". Just vanilla pudding HNS, some type of diet soda - I think the cream soda gives it a good taste and fresh or frozen fruit. Yummy! Of course, that is not quick, but a nice treat for the days you are home.

stressed57 - I don't know how to make the jelly, but have you tried cinnamon toast? Couple squirts of I can't believe it's not butter, 1 packet of splenda and sprinkle cinnamon - yum! You can also put a tespoon of canola oil instead of the "butter".

losingweightnow - that's awesome! I noticed my feet feel "thinner". I even had the urge to wear heels the other day and my feet didn't hurt. :D

Meemo 10-10-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristinedj (Post 1888000)
Hi, all!
What does everyone else eat for lunch? Everyone seems to be doing so well! I'm moving a little more slowly than I would like...just gotta keep going and not get discouraged. Keep up the great work everyone! I love reading about your successes!

Lots of salads here, also - also a lot of times I'd eat leftover veggies & whatever meat from the night before. Another thing I'd make sometimes if I had good leftover veggies, like sauteed or roasted squash & zucchini & whatever, is to mix that with 4 oz leftover chicken & make some of the chicken boullion HNS & put the chicken & veggies in it to make a soup. That was usually pretty tasty (in the winter, in summer in FL I'm not usually up for soup!).

Meemo 10-10-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stressed57 (Post 1888259)

Have a great day

I usually have cheese toast (for breakfast) or I make cinnamon toast, I spray it with the butter-flavored non-stick spray & sprinkle some cinnamon & splenda on it & run it in the toaster oven. I'm not that big on jam anyway, but would think you could just spread the HNS concentrate on a piece of toasted bread. Doesn't appeal to me but I guess if you were desperate for jam it could fill the void.

hoochinelly 10-10-2007 05:59 PM

I tried a blog and am checking to see if it linked...
hope everyone is having a skinny day!

hoochinelly 10-10-2007 06:05 PM

ok...it didn't work.....anyone know how to link to a diet blog?

lucky40 10-10-2007 07:16 PM

been awhile

I see you guys are doing great!:hug: I had a terrible cold for the last week and laid up for most the week finally started back walking yesterday, but did not go off plan and am down 3pounds at wi, so makes up for the week I did not lose any.

any how I have a ? I have been going over post and notice several comments on ketones, are we suppose to be in ketosis or does that depend on which plan your on? my mrc center never mention this to me? Im on the green plan (meta-slim three meal plan) can have up to 4 hns a day.

I would really appreciate you guys help on this information. my next wi is friday, thanks

graduatethin 10-10-2007 08:22 PM

:mad:Went to my first "real" wi today and I only lost .5! Very frustrating because I have been so true to the plan. I wanted to cry and the person that weighed me did not make me feel very good about it. She was really cold... really put me in a crappy mood. Feel a little sorry for my family tonight! ha. I am trying not to get discouraged but wow......:shrug::shrug:

stressed57 10-10-2007 09:26 PM

First I want to thank everyone for you imput on the jelly thing. Not sure where I heard it but I think I will try the cheese toast and cinn toast. Thanks for the suggestions.
Graduatethin I have been were you are. I don't know how much water you are drinking but they told me to increase my water and now I drink about 150 oz per day. That seems to help. Some weeks you don't have a big loss and other weeks you will. So hang in there. It does get better. I found that the first month was the hardest for me. I don't know about anyone else. I seem to be more at ease with the plan now. If you are really having trouble then the next time you WI put down that you want to talk to the director and she will help go over your plan and see what adjustments you can make to make it work for you. Everyone is different.
A half a pound is better than gaining too!!. I just find myself taking one day at a time. So hang in there.