3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take IV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/123824-metabolic-research-center-take-iv.html)

graduatethin 10-10-2007 09:56 PM

Thanks Stressed 57,I have been doing a lot of self talk tonight and it is ok-- I just saw a lot of progress when I was on pre-conditioning and now that I am on the plan- .5! Oh well, it also has only been three days, but 5 since I weighed last. Oh well. I am going to try and just put it out of my mind. We are going to the NE game on Sat. - not sure how to handle the tailgating and all that. I am going to take veggies, cold chicken, and my HNS. Don't really want to have to explain to everyone.....:?:

newme08 10-10-2007 10:35 PM

Your doing awesome!!! :carrot: And you don't have to expain to anyone about what your eating if you don't want!! I didn't lose for the 1st week on the "menu" either, my center says it is normal, your body is adjusting. So no worries, you will get there.... :grouphug::grouphug: And try this recipe, it's easy and great for traveling... Take your cottage cheese and a dry packet of hidden valley ranch, blend them together, and have with cut up raw veggies... It's your protein, veggies, and now all you need is a fruit and drink!!

ShineOn 10-10-2007 10:39 PM

graduatethin - Oh no, I feel an emergency pep talk coming on :goodvibes: A half a pound is great - it's moving in the right direction. Just remember that this plan is all about teaching you how to eat healthy. Every body is different - most of us do not lose in nice even amounts - our bodies will go in spurts. I know it's frustrating in the beginning because you are making so many life style changes and learning how to eat a whole new way. Then you have these really small numbers of weight loss. Each amount we lose starts to add up. In a month or two, you will be the "big loser" on this board and people will be asking for your advice!!

Now, about the staff! If you don't like someone's attitude, ask for a different person next time - we have that right and there are enough staff to choose from! If you really feel strongly about it, say something to Suzi - I have a feeling she would be REALLY interested in knowing about that experience. Rember, they are growing so fast at that center and she is working really hard with a lot of new staff. She really does need to know what happened.

In the first couple of weeks I was happy that I was making some progress. I had been working really hard all year on a different program and only lost 7 lbs in 9 months. However, I really felt that it didn't count until I hit the 10 lb mark. I was right around the 2 week mark and under 10 lbs lost total (the 2 weeks was on plan, not counting the week of pre-conditioning). I had a really low weight loss so Suzi took my measurements and I had lost 11 1/4 inches!!!! I cried. That's when it really hit me that this plan really was going to work for me. Weighing in twice a week doesn't really give your body a chance for the big numbers (unless you have plateaued for awhile). I'm sure the people on this forum that have signed the 50lb board will tell you the same thing. Slowly but surely you will inch in the right direction and before you know it - there you are!!

So just hang in there!!! I am confident that you will lose the weight a lot faster than you gained in the first place!!! Be kind to yourself - sending you hugs!! :grouphug:

newme08 10-10-2007 10:42 PM

Remember your losing for yourself!! Don't let anyone discourage you, your are doing awesome!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

jantdieting 10-11-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graduatethin (Post 1888634)
Thanks Stressed 57,I have been doing a lot of self talk tonight and it is ok-- I just saw a lot of progress when I was on pre-conditioning and now that I am on the plan- .5! Oh well, it also has only been three days, but 5 since I weighed last. Oh well. I am going to try and just put it out of my mind. We are going to the NE game on Sat. - not sure how to handle the tailgating and all that. I am going to take veggies, cold chicken, and my HNS. Don't really want to have to explain to everyone.....:?:

Chin-up graduatethin! :hug:You are doing great! After the pre-conditioning week my center said that it's not unusual to even gain at the next WI...you lost 1 fistful of fat! That is significant and just remember...you WI again in a couple of days! Take celery and cottage cheese dip to your tailgate...don't tell anyone you are on MRC. In a few weeks, they will ask you "what are you doing, you look great!"

My last 3 WIs have been either gain-a-pound or lost-a-pound and I am pretty tired of the yo-yoing! So when I got on the scales yesterday I just KNEW I would see at least 2-3lbs off.....but once again I lost 1/2 pound. But it was measuring time and I have lost a total of 43 inches! :^: That really helped my feelings!

Found a new salad dressing.....WishBone "Asian Silk" spritzer type! Very good on my lunch salad (lettuce, tuna, chopped apple & celery).

My ali time favorite toast is still cinnamon toast! My nightly dessert with hot cocoa HNS! Yummy treat! :D

I'm off to PCB for the weekend! Pounds down, everyone!!!!

Night-night,
JanT

P.S. Where is nomoredonuts4me?

Mary V 10-11-2007 02:39 AM

Lucky40- Ask your center about ketosis. It's actually in the MRC contract that you must test positive each time. I was worried at first, but they told me that lots of people don't register on the ketosis sticks, but as long as I was sticking to the plan, I'd be fine. I've never tested positive and I've lost 50lbs, so I guess it's not a big deal.

graduatethin - I started out at 204, just like you. My loss has always been very slow. I started at the end of March and my average loss has been 1.98 lbs/week. I had really wanted to be at 150 by the beginning of summer, and I'm still not there! BUT - It's all good, because look where I am! I couldn't be happier! One of the benefits to being on the program longer is that I've really learned to eat differently. I don't desire the foods I used to love, which will make it easier for me to keep that weight OFF! Look at the big picture: even though the scale doesn't say what you want it to each time, you ARE losing and you will keep losing, as long as you stick to the plan. Some tips: 1) Weigh everything! Don't guess or "eyeball it". 2) Drink as much water as possible. 3) Eat every 5 hours and if you can't eat a meal, have a HNS. 4) If you want something that's not on the plan, ask your center first. If they say no, then don't have it. I also didn't want to tell anyone I was dieting at first, so I didn't, and no one said anything about what I did or didn't eat. Then people started asking if I was losing weight (not till I had lost about 25lbs!), so I told them. Do what feels right for you. Social situations are the toughest - I avoided them as much as possible at first. :)Good luck to you.:)

nomoredonuts4me 10-11-2007 05:54 AM

I'm Back

Hi everyone old and new:)

Well I finally did it. I fell off the wagon bigtime. I had a nonstop eating binge since Friday. 2 large meatlovers pizzas, 2 dozen donuts, fried chicken, pies, cakes, cookies, hot fudge sundaes, doritos, chips and salsa, etc. You name it, I ate it. I gained 20 pounds at my last WI. That's 40 fists of fat! Of course we don't call it cheating (right Mary V?;)) I was off plan. I'm not sure I want to go back to that boring MRC life. I think being thinner is a little over rated anyway.:ink:

I can hardly wait for the all you can eat fest at Thanksgiving:turkey:

OK, I'm just kidding:D I bet some of you thought poor donuts finally broke. NO WAY JOSE!!!

I did have an interesting past few days though. It's been a real rollercoaster ride. Last Saturday's WI was a total high for me. I lost 3 pounds (post fish)!!!! I got to sign the BIG 70 lb. board:carrot: Then it went all down hill from there. At Tuesday's WI I gained back the 3 pounds. If that wasn't bad enough, I misjudged my neighbors porch stairs, and fell while holding my youngest. Luckily, I was able to protect my little girl from any injury. I broke my left big toe and injured my right knee.

My knee is just a little swollen. I am still able to work out on the elliptical.
Thanks for missing me. It's nice to be a part of this wonderful MRC family:grouphug:

If any of you started salavating at the beginning of my post, shame on you:nono:

Boy, missing a few days from here can really set you back a few hours of reading. Especially with ShineON's posts.;)

I've enjoyed reading the newbies post so much. It wasn't that long ago when I was a newbie. One day at a time brings me to this point (almost 4 months and 70ish pounds lighter). The secret to losing a lot of weight is to follow the plan the best you can. The weight will come off unless you have some kind of medical condition preventing you. I don't let a little weight gain get me down. I'm on a mission. I'm unstoppable! You can be too! Just decide.

For those of you taking, or wanting to take MSM, you can have up to 6000 mg a day in divided doses. I take 1000 mg with each meal (3000 mg a day).

My thoughts on drinking water with crystal light or drinking soda is this: You may have up to 32 oz of diet soda (no sugar, sodium, caffeine) after day 10 according to MRC Meta-Slim Protocol and Guidelines. My center says that diet sodas don't count towards your water intake for the day. Bottom line: It's an individual decision. Intially, I bought a lot of diet soda and crystal light because I was a big soda drinker. I still have most of the diet soda and crystal light left. I choose to drink pure water a majority of the time.

Congratulations to all of you losing pounds and signing boards!!!:cp:

graduatethin 10-11-2007 06:19 AM

Thanks to everyone for all the words of encouragement! I feel better this morning, just had a little pity party last night but still had my 4 oz of grilled chicken and brussel sprouts for the first time! :lol: They taste a little bit like broccoli, not sure I like the texture but not bad. Don't know how I would have been today if now for all your kind words! Thanks also for the tailgate tips- I will take my veggies and dip. Anyway, hope everyone has a good day!;)

Hvnlymzic 10-11-2007 09:33 AM

Welcome Back Donuts! I know we're all glad to have you back. Thanks for the MSM tips. I asked my consultant last night (she's a registered dietician and fitness something or other) and she said exactly what you said. So I'm bumping it up. I started plan in May and haven't even been through one bottle of MSM yet...250pills. :) I knew it was too good to be true. I'm going up to 2/meal now...we'll see what that does. Sorry to hear you feel, but glad you didn't crash and burn. I knew you were kidding when I got to the "gained 20lbs" part of the story. I knew that wasn't possible. :) I just figured that Aphil got ya.

graduatethin - I know everyone has said this already, but be absolutely thrilled with 1/2lb lost! Sometimes it just takes a 1/2 lb to push you up to a benchmark weight loss. That being said...I know how depressing and frustrating it can be to go, expecting to see BIG LOSSES and then see that dinky lil' .5 staring at you on the Tanita. I try to follow my own advice and be nice and cheery about that, but sometimes, you just wanna see a big drop. Don't worry. It'll come. The other thing is...some of us (me) have ALOT more weight to lose than you do and tend to lose weight faster because we have more to shed. One day, I'll get to 199lbs (can't wait!) and then I'll have to become comfortable with a .5lb loss more frequently as well. Don't let the big losers shame you into thinking your losses aren't as wonderful as ours are :) Oh...and are you grilling at your tailgate party? If so, take a chicken breast for them to cook for you. Grilled chicken is allowed...just tell them you're trying to stay away from red meat for the weekend. Thats a pretty common healthy choice for alot of people, no one should question it. Eventually, you'll have to tell people what you're doing, because they won't leave you alone until you do :) Everyone wants to know how to lose 50lbs :)

Speaking of Big Losers...I'd like to state publicly my issues with the TV show The Biggest Loser. I have a couple. #1. I don't like that they don't use measurements or the body comps that we get. Those people work out ALOT and yes, they probably have changed alot of diet things too, but the fact that they work out as much as they do means that they are probably packing on the weight in muscle. So while they might lose 2lbs a week, they probably actually lost like 12 and just gained 10 in muscle, which weighs more than fat, but takes up less space. Issue #2...I understand that it is a competition, but I don't like that they be-little a weight loss of 3lbs or even 5lbs. I think its crazy for people to be upset about that. We throw frickin parties around here for a 3-5lb loss...Where are their parties?!? Other than that...I actually like the show. I really like seeing the results and thinking...one day, I'll have pictures like that where people think "whoa! that was her?!". It also kinda shocked me when the people went on vacation this past episode and had alcohol. That blows my mind. They work their tail off in the gym and then drink calories back onto their body. What a waste of all that hard work. Anyway...any other Biggest Loser fans in here?

Have a great day everyone! The weekend is coming!!

Totally forgot to mention my WI last night. I lost 3.5lbs taking me to 66lbs lost and only 6 to go for this goal!! (I am ignoring the scary 666 that is in my weight ticker...though it is a little scary) :)

smgyorkie 10-11-2007 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=nomoredonuts4me;1888847]Hi everyone old and new:)

Well I finally did it. I fell off the wagon bigtime. I had a nonstop eating binge since Friday. 2 large meatlovers pizzas, 2 dozen donuts, fried chicken, pies, cakes, cookies, hot fudge sundaes, doritos, chips and salsa, etc. You name it, I ate it. I gained 20 pounds at my last WI. That's 40 fists of fat! Of course we don't call it cheating (right Mary V?;)) I was off plan. I'm not sure I want to go back to that boring MRC life. I think being thinner is a little over rated anyway.:ink:

I can hardly wait for the all you can eat fest at Thanksgiving:turkey:

:nose: donuts - you scared me to death - I was almost in tears here. :rollpin: Thats just mean :devil: Ok I forgive you! ;) Gald your back!

jantdieting 10-11-2007 11:13 AM

Donuts ~ Did you hit your head in that fall? :stars: I started dreaming about Pizza Hut the minute I started reading your post :nono:...JK! Glad to see you back online....I was afraid the belly-dancer had cut your power! Sorry to hear you fell but I'm so glad you were able to protect the little princess!

And...who is this Jose fellow? Is he related to TOM? :rolleyes:

molglo 10-11-2007 11:18 AM

Congtratulations for all the losses:D. I really love the recipe exchange. Helps so much when trying to think of what to make after work. I really like the sauted mushrooms and savory cabbage recipes.

I WI today. Really hope I lose some. I've been trying really hard and have not cheated any. I need to get started with some exercise though. Also, does anyone have a preferred weigh in schedule? MRC recommends Mon-Wed, Tues-Thurs, or Wed-Fri. Maybe it doesn't really make a difference.

Hope to post good news tonight. Everyone keep up the great work!

molglo 10-11-2007 11:25 AM

losingweightnow - You are a great inspiration:carrot: Any favorite tips or suggestions on how you have done so well.\? You and I have about the same starting weight and similar goal. Any advice would be wonderful:)

FlyinSolo 10-11-2007 03:52 PM

Hi everyone! I'm checking in with a question... (fyi - i'm down 3.5 lbs since last Thursday!!). I buy canned chicken breast in bulk from Sams. Anyone know whether or not that is compliant with the plan (I'm on the day 5-11 menu)? Ingredients are chicken breast, water and SALT, which I can wash off...

Congrats to all on your losses!

smgyorkie 10-11-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinSolo (Post 1889585)
Hi everyone! I'm checking in with a question... (fyi - i'm down 3.5 lbs since last Thursday!!). I buy canned chicken breast in bulk from Sams. Anyone know whether or not that is compliant with the plan (I'm on the day 5-11 menu)? Ingredients are chicken breast, water and SALT, which I can wash off...

Congrats to all on your losses!

I have actually asked the same question at my center & was told that the high sodium content was not good. They asked how often I was having it and that as long as it was not a daily thing that on an occasion it would be ok. I haven't really had it since then but I do eat canned tuna regularly. (rinse & drain) I'd say just keep an eye on it & if you feel or see that you are not losing :goodscale that may be a change to consider. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!