Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #46  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a better week than I am. I found out at 6:45 yesterday morning that my husband was laid off his job. They make alternative energy windmills and the economy ( mainly gas prices) has caused a major dent in demand & production. They laid off 20% of the plant. He is in management and degreed so it will be a long hard ride until he can get another job - Oklahoma is not the best place to be for jobs right now. We have a daughter who is a junior in high school so moving out of state is not an option right now. I am very sad and stressed. Of course, I want to turn to my old "friend" food but I have come too far to be that stupid. I will stay on plan and drink my shakes even if it means I have to get a 2nd job to pay for them! The other bad thing is our son moved back in this weekend because he had lost his job also. He has some disabilities so he is hard to employ. Plus the CEO at work is bugging me so much this week I can't get my work done for doing things for him. Calgon take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to all the new and return posters The more the merrier!

beachy - your new exercise plan sounds good. I am walking once or twice a day and it really makes a difference on the scale.

Jacque
jakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #47  
je1

S/C/G: 192/ /135

Height: 5'2"

Smile fixing to start

ok ladies and gentlmen I am starting medifast jan 20 when i get back from vaction. I am going to a medifast center but it doesnt sound like i need to. should i go the first time to help me get started? I have never had a weight problem. I am in my fortys and my son had major health issues the last 2 years and I have put on 50lbs. but isn't coming off. so here i go
je1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #48  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

There are no centers where I am. I have always just ordered online. The program is brilliant in it's simplicity. I'm not sure what the value added is by the centers.
Have a great Vacation!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #49  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Awwww jakebabe.... I know how you feel, your husband AND your son lost their jobs! - I'm so sorry! - My husband is STILL looking. And unfortunately we are running out of money FAST... I hope your husband and son both can find something SOON!

Welcome je1!!! Here's hoping you find success with MF! ~

I did a 15 minute treadmill last night, and 15 minutes of weight lifting, including abs. Today, my bones feel like concrete! OUCHY! - ahhhh, the newness of the body after a workout, LOL. It hurts! - but it hurts GOOD

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 01-06-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #50  
Blue Blood

Oh My Jacque! I completely missed your post! I am so sorry you and your family are having such a difficult time! Wow...This economy has not been kind to this forum. You are a tough lady! keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

I'm sending good vibes to all the job seekers!

Beachy...good for you on the workout! Keep going!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #51  
je1

Smile husband may start

ok I think my husband is going to start with me when we get back from vaction!
my 21 year old giving me a hard time about starting. says if i just give up dr. pepper i will do fine. i have done that for 6 months (only that) never loss a pound. I am going to do!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #52  
je1

Default placed my order

ok i did it placed my order so it will be here when i get back from vaction
cancelling center appt.
let you know how i do.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #53  
Blue Blood

OK...I took a reall nosedive for a couple of days...I was sick and didn't leave the house for 5 days...the last 2 days of doing nothing finally got to me and I ate and ate out fo sheer boredom. But as of yeasterday...I'm Back OP! Gotta loose those sickey pounds...
Old 01-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
OK...I took a reall nosedive for a couple of days...I was sick and didn't leave the house for 5 days...the last 2 days of doing nothing finally got to me and I ate and ate out fo sheer boredom. But as of yeasterday...I'm Back OP! Gotta loose those sickey pounds...

Hope you feel better! Drink lots of water and flush the "sickies" and fat right out of you! LOL!!!
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #55  
Blue Blood

Thanks GOAL!
I'm finally back to work and back to my routine and back OP so hopefully the sick pounds will melt away like the Holiday pounds did. I DO love Medifast for that!
DJ
Old 01-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Thanks GOAL!
I'm finally back to work and back to my routine and back OP so hopefully the sick pounds will melt away like the Holiday pounds did. I DO love Medifast for that!
DJ

Yeah, Medifast does work.

Amazing!!!!!
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #57  
Operator265

JB-Sorry to hear about the job losses. Times are getting scarier. My company laid off 15,000 people just before Xmas, mostly contractors. It sent me running to my financial planner. Now I'm kinda stuck with this employer I hate b/c hiring has cut back where I'm originally from. If y'all are still looking come summer, you might look WY. With several power plants and lots of mines there still may be something going on. I also know wind power is being looked into. There are a few wind farms there. I'll be sending you my best wishes.

je1-Welcome and Good Luck.

Beachy-Good job sticking with the program thru all the stress. Keep hanging tough.

DJ-Glad you're feeling better.

Fab50 and Goal09-You can do this. I know it.

Well, I'm gonna start out by finishing off my MF. I have about 2 weeks worth left. That should give the WonderSlim time to get here. I'm getting the 12 week supply which will actually be 6 weeks with both me and my DD doing it. Wish us luck.

I worked my can off this week, literally. I still don't lose many lbs. on Blast Crew but I sure do tighten up. My thighs and butt are screaming. One of our patterns was 1/5 of a mile long and we walk up and down them at least 10 to 15 times. You would think walking 5 miles a day I'd lose 20 lbs a week, but, NOOOOOOOO. Oh well, back on plan starting next week.

Good luck everyone.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #58  
Blue Blood

Operator, Good Luck to you and your DD...
What exactly is a wind farm?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #59  
Operator265

It's a bunch of turbines(kinda like windmills) that are used to "capture" wind power.

Here's the wiki link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_farm
Old 01-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #60  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

YAY! - I am OFFICIALLY back down to 174, having finally lost the extra couple pounds I gained during holidays - and I'm still having SOME of my medifast meals (I have a few shakes & bars left... all outta soup... waaaahhhh) but I am basically sticking to the eating every couple of hours. I'm having a tangerine as soon as I'm done typing this, LOL.

And I'm up to 25 minutes on the treadmill now. Yippee ki-yay, & all that jazz!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 01-12-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote