Old 01-26-2009, 03:26 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Please help!

Hey peeps!

I am sorry to bother you here BUT I didnt want to post a new thread because I did not want feedback from people NOT doing Medifast. I don't want the "dont do it" replies or any negativity. So, here goes....

I have lost 120 pounds but recently gained 20 pounds back. I am so down by this(a little depressed); I cannot get any momentum. I want to do the Medifast program for short term ( one or two months OR maybe until I get to my 1st short term goal of 180)) . I want to just get 20 pounds back off or at least get under 200 pounds. Anyway, Is that doable??? Can this be a short term solution..a diet plan within a diet plan?

Anyone, have long term results with Medifast?? I mean maintain weight loss at least 2 years. Going back to "real" food and no shakes and etc.. I just dont want a short term answer...start yo-yoing. I know I can stick to calorie counting and responsible eating. It got me this far. But right now my mind is not into it. I want to do Medifast and then switch back to a 1400 calorie plan. Can I do that??? Please help. I am serious. I am out of control. I am sooooo desperate. I can order a month starter kit and get it here by next week. Any suggestions and support would be appreciated it. Thanks!!

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 01-26-2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: little more info
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #107  
Operator265

When I started last year, I was one of the lucky ones who lost 20 lbs. in a month. I never really considered using it as a stop gap measure, but I can't think of a reason not to. I know some of the maintainers on the Mf site have talked about having some around to use if needed.

Be warned though, the first few days on it can be kinda rough. I haven't had too bad a tikme with it, but others have.

Let me think on this some and I'll get back to you when I get off work and have a real keyboard at home.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:05 AM   #108  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi Ann,
Medifast can be used for shorter durations...but if you want to keep the weight off you can't take a shortcut through the maintenance part. Many people think this diet is all about the meal replacements...but that is just the weightloss phase...and I don't think any of us are here to gain all of that back. If you go from the weight loss phase directly back to your old diet you will re-gain weight. The maintenance phase guides you back to healthy eating habits by slowly adding back healthy foods in place of the replacements.
So basiclly...you can use the diet to drop some pounds quicker and maintain the loss while you gradually transition back to calorie counting,
Good Luck! You have come so far. You can do this!
DJ
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #109  
Blue Blood

Welcome Emily and Jeni!

Emily-Congrats on the loss so far! Keep going!

Jeni- All the peeing was annoying to me also in the beginning. I have gotten used to it. It wasn't from the medifast, but from all the extra water I was drinking. The medifast does make me thirsty. Plus the water helps to keep me feeling full.

I saw your question about the low calories in the Medifast general forum. You will always get big naysayers from the calorie counters. Their program is built around certain "rules" that they believe in religiously for every program. Medifast/NS is highly fortified to ensure that you get all the nutrition that you need at the lower calorie range. Calorie counting just can't do that. They are trying to be helpful...but they just don't understand Medifast.

Edit: ooops, I see the question was from Roxyroad. Hope she come in here. I don't want to answer on her thread and bring it back into the general forum for more medifast attackers...dealing with the ignorance just gets old...

Last edited by djay; 01-26-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #110  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Ann,

I am one of the Medifasters who chose to lose a bunch of weight and skip the maintenance phase. I have since gained 30 pounds back. I am now back on the Medifast with a new appreciation for the whole thing. It really is a great plan but for me, I went right back to eating the way I did initially without easing back into it through maintenance. I will definitely work though that phase this time. I also know of two women who have been using Medifast for two years...one year of staying at their goals. They both keep some of the products around just in case they feel their jeans are getting a bit tight. I think this may be the route I have to take also. I agree the first three days are the hardest but once you get past that, it gets much easier. Jen gave me some advice last week about adding an extra shake meal during my hardest hours and it made a world of difference. Anyway, the ladies here are absolutely wonderful and I am sure you will get some very solid advice.

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #111  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

WOO HOO! WOO HOO!!! I say.... WOO and a HOO HOO HOO!!!!!!!!

I thought I haven't lost any weight since not being on MediFast and simply trying to apply the PRINCIPLES of MF (eating small meals, or "snackages" as I like to call them) 5 times a day & then a good lean&green meal once per day...

...BUT... this lovely Monday morning... my regular weigh in day, I HAVE LOST ANOTHER 3.5 POUNDS!!!!! Somebody PLEASE do the nanner-nanner happy dance with me!!!!

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #112  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Ok,
I'll do the Nanner-Nanner Happy Dance!

Jen
Old 01-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #113  
Operator265

Way to go Patrol!!!! Keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be.

Athena-Looks like DJ and Din said much of what I wanted to in my absence. Also, since you were already a good path, transitioning shouldn't be as difficult. One of the ladies on here has said that she likes MF because by taking away the food and having a set program, she has been able to step back and look at the reasons behind her eating. Could work out that way for you also. You might be able to relax and see what was behind your recent gain.

DJ-How bout we get together sometime and go into other forums and start telling them all that their programs are a bunch of crap. Huh, huh, hun, ya wanna? JK. I was kinda irked. I mean that one can't even claim she didn't know what forum she was in. Starting a post with, "I don't know s**t about your plan, but I'm gonna run my raghole anyways" is beyond ignorant and rude. Especially to do that to a newbie.

I sent Roxy a PM letting her know about the Medi-bashers, so I hope she'll come back in soon.

Then, Athena, has to sneak in for fear of being accosted. Now that just puts me over the top. I mean, REALLY, I didn't even come in here when I went off plan b/c I didn't want folks thinking you could stop w/o transition and maintenance even though I did just fine. I would certainly never go into another forum spouting a bunch of half baked crap about that plan. OK, Rant over.

I'm on days off now and I think I'm gonna work on a "Fact Sheet" that I can Cut/Paste to a post whenever someone does that.

Din-I'm so glad you're back! Let's both do it right this time.

Love Y'all. I'm going to bed. I'll check in when I get up with my official weigh in.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #114  
Blue Blood

Yay Beachy!

Whew! That was good excersise! We need more dancing going on around here!

Operator? Can't wait to see the weigh in...First week is always so exciting! Is your DD still with you on it?

I have been hoping for the past 3 days to se that 80th lb drop of...I expect an all out hoe-down of dancing fruits and veggies for that one!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #115  
Operator265

I'm joining in the party. 174.6.

Now gimme a ****!!!!! Gimme a Yeah!!!!!! Stand Up Right Now!!!!!

I really like Rev Theory
Old 01-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #116  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Operator,

Fantastic!!! Way to go!!!

Keep up the good work everyone...have a wonderful Tuesday.

Jen
Old 01-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 248/240/150

Height: 6'1

one week down and 9 pounds lost!!! Yahooo!!! but it is only a week and im kinda getting bored of the food....hope it wont get tooo boring.. i know i can do this for a month but i dunno how some of you do it for months!!!
spiritmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #118  
Operator265

I kinda make up for the variety with my Lean Meals. I'm developing a nice repertoire of meals. That is the nice thing about this program for me. It gives me the time to find meals I can make and store for work w/o having to get it all down at once. I can do a meal a day and build up much easier than figuring out how to prep 3 meals every day.

By the time I'm at goal, I should be able to plan 2 weeks of meals w/o a problem.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 AM   #119  
Blue Blood

Operator
spititmisnd
What a bunch of looserrs!

Last edited by djay; 01-28-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #120  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Default Question For Everyone

Hello group,

I've got a question for ya...

What is your absolute favorite LG Meal? Mine is veggie tacos. I use veggie crumble, shred lettuce, cut up tomatoes, onions and cheese and make a nice taco salad. It is my favorite and something I just can't do without. The serving size is so big I feel very good not being able to finish the whole thing. I would love to hear other favs...

Jen