Old 01-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/240/150

Height: 6'1

Default any ideas for the tomato soup?

I dont like tomato soup and i checked the recipes and didnt really find much, does anyone have any good recipes to use with the tomato soup pack?? i saw somewhere that you could make it into bread..but cant find that recipe..or even into chips,.... are t hose good??
spiritmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #2  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I know some people add salsa to it and really like ith that way. It didn't help for me though. If you come up with something let us know! I can't stand the stuff!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I do like to add salsa to my tomato soup & I LOVE IT!!! - really gives it a southwestern-y kick to it, ya know? But that's the only thing I know to do to it, and a couple tablespoons does the trick!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #4  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

I found this on another board but haven't tried it yet.

This is the only recipe I have used. I hated the cream of tomato soup so I found this recipe
Sundried Tomato Bread.
one pack of Cream of Tomato soup
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/3 cup of egg beaters southwestern flavor
tiny bit of salt and pepper

mix well in a glass bowl, then microwave about 1.5-2 minutes (you have to watch it, but you can take it out and look at it and make sure there are no soupy parts). DO not spray the bowl with PAM, it does not stick. Take it out, let it cool, cut in half with a bread knife. You can spray with a little I can't believe it is butter, or put just a thin slice laughing cow cheese, or a veggie burger in it and eat as a sandwich.

Last edited by MsFB; 02-03-2009 at 06:43 PM.
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #5  
zay

I found these on another board....

Pizza
Use it or the tomato soup to make pizza crust. I use one package of the COB 1/2 tsp of non aluminum baking powder then just add a bit of water at a time making a paste. With wet fingers pat it down on a baking sheet (if you use the dark non stick it makes a crunchy crust) sprayed bake at 350 until edges turn brown turn bake a little longer until brown and done looking. Add 2 TB salsa, I add 1 Morning Star sausage pattie (veggie sausage) and 1/4 c. of FF cheese. The sausage and cheese count as 1/3 lean as per nutritional support.

Cream of **** Chips
1 pkt Cream Soup
1/2 tsp baking powder
3-4 tablespoons water

Mix together it should be thin. Then spread on a microwave safe plate sprayed with PAM. I use those lovely silicone baking sheets. Microwave around 4 minutes until the edges are a little brown. You can also add some seasnoning to it, or powdered ranch dressing.

Bread
1 pkt Cream soup
1/2 tsp baking powder
2-3 Tbs water

Mix together and then spread on a microwave safe plate sprayed with PAM. It will be somewhat thick. I mostly just dalop it in the middle and spread it out a bit about 2-3 inched in diameter, it will spread more while it cooks. Cook on high for aroud 2 minutes.

You can make a wonderful sandwich by then placing it in a pan sprayed with I Cant believe it's not butter and add some Laughing Cow cheese, a little mustard & turkey. Heat it up a little and fold over and cut in half. Tastes like a grilled cheese sandwich.

I also use the COT soup and some LF cheddar cheese to make something that tastes like grilled cheese w/ tomato soup. (Add a little oregano in the soup mixture.)

I have not tried these myself, but plan to.

Last edited by zay; 02-08-2009 at 12:08 PM.
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Medifast Pizza Bread

Makes 2 rounds that equal 1 meal.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with Pam or other spray oil.

1 package MF Tomato Soup.
3/4 t. Lawry’s Dry Spaghetti Sauce Spice and Seasoning Mix (comes in a packet, found in spaghetti sauce aisle in my local grocery store. 3/4 tsp is 5 calories/1 gm carbs)
3/4 t. Splenda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/8 t. dried oregano
1/8 t. dried basil
1 T. ground flaxseed meal
2 T. egg beaters
3 T. water

Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix water and egg beaters together in a separate bowl and then add to the dry ingredients, blend well. Divide mixture into two rounds on the baking sheet. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Turn oven to low broil and brown the top. Watch VERY CAREFULLY to make sure it doesn't burn, takes about 3 minutes or so. Cool on wire rack.

Yields: 1 Medifast meal

Of course the flaxseed meal counts as a condiment and the eggbeaters would subtract a small amount from your lean meal.
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote