Old 08-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 256/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Cat: As far as I know, the program is the program. It's about 800-1000 calories a day. You don't add any calories until your transition begins. Other than transition, you just do the 5 products and 1 lean/green meal. No Lean Cuisine, no Weight Watchers meals. They have a lot of sodium in them and a lot of carbs. The food has to be simple. No sauces, no gravy, as all those things add fat, calories and carbs. I know it's restrictive, but I, too, have over 100 pounds to lose, and I am following it to the letter. My doctor is my MF coach, and he is thrilled with my progress! Cholesterol was 150 before starting, now 123 with the good HDL at 89!!!! You will see more success if you just bite the bullet and stick with the program.

Good luck with MF!
nursejoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

Default A New Revelation

Good Sunday morning to All! God is so Good! It seems that I have a new revelation on this weight loss journey. I am only doing this 1 pound at a time! You know what, I am 19 pounds less than I was 6 weeks ago! I didn't put it on in a day and I will not take it off in a day! I already feel so much better about myself. I refuse to dwell on the "I should have lost mores" or the 'I can't believe I have eaten pizza 3 times!" Pizza is good! It is ok! It is the "out of control binging" that is not ok. Gone are the days of having to eat something just because it is there! I think that I am getting a new healthy look on things.

It is definately time to start exercising! It is time to get the kiddies up and ready to worship the Lord! I love you all!
ROMANS828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #63  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

ok, so the last few days i went off program, on purpose. I managed to keep under 200, (yay) no weight gain, half a pound loss. good. I needed to eat some real food, real variety for a day or two. I made some Kale chips, and zuccini chips and stuffed bell peppers last night and the day before I ate some peanuts and plums from our tree (white plums, sweet and subtle). And of course, I ate some sushi. YUM!
Im hopeful and encouraged that I didnt go off program to eat a cheeseburger or pizza. I didnt stuff myself, (although my DH and I did manage to scarf down a whole batch of Kale chips, they are too good) and I made everything I wanted to eat. We hit some farmers markets, the fresh clean produce was just too much to handle, I needed to taste the bounty!
So, I'll go back OP today
Last night I went to the second hand store, to check out some deals and just for kicks, picked out some size 14s to see if they would fit and
..........I bought 2 pair of jeans and a skirt and two fitted jackets! Im feeling fine. It feels so good to buy new (new to me) clothes! This is the first time in a long time I have bought smaller clothes. Ok
And lastly, as sensitively as I can say this, the spark has left the thread. Maybe it is the time of year with vacations and gett'n ready for school and such. Maybe we are all just too hot to have excitement and adventure.
I got into a huge spiff with my family, no more helping with the garage sale (thats what happens with disfunctionaly families) So we are free to enjoy the last of our summer and boy are we! I still love to check in everyday and see whats up so lets get fiesty! Misssy
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #64  

I was thinking the same thing about the thread Missy. I don't know what is going on. Maybe just everyone on vacation. Congrats on the "new to you" clothes! It can really make all the difference in hoe you feel. I got a hair cut and color last week and I feel like a new woman!!!

Missy...You sound like you really enjoy eating healthy (all the produce and stuff). You are doing so well!

Today I am going to do WATP. actually, as soon as I finish typing this. Pray that I don't pass out! Another 1.5 pounds lost this week! slowly.....slowly.....slowly.... Keep FL in your prayers. we have a storm coming! love to all
Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 162/161/135

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone! I am new to 3FC and to the medifast diet. I would love to speak with you, hear your success stories and gain your support in my goal to lose weight.
Taraa583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Thanks for the kick Missy I have needed support the last few days but for one reason or another have stayed away. I am back

Guess what I read today...potatoes help you lose weight

Here is the article came up when I turned on the computer.

http://www.aolhealth.com/diet/basics...015x1200430801

I have a weigh in tomorrow, I'll let you know what happens
Gatorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #67  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Hey Tara welcome!!!!! There are lots of chickadees here who are doing the program. Hope we can be a good source for you.

I started doing the FIRM yesterday,(havent been walking as much this summer) and boy oh boy did it kick my butt all over the place. You think your pretty strong... I was sweating! actually sweating! Me! I rarely sweat, even when its 95 degrees out. It wasnt really hard though, I was able to do almost all of it.

Romans, what is WATP? Thats great that you love the new hairdo, sometimes it takes me a while to get used to new cuts.

Gator, thanks for the article, I love some of the foods, in there, barely, beans, and corn, YUM.

Enjoy the day. Hey, we leave for beach vacation in 6 days! With love, Missy
Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #68  

TARA...good luck with the program. it works if you stick to it!

WATP is WAlk away the pounds. I just love these exercise dvd's. there is a 1,2,and 3mile walk. i like it because it has a ticker at the bottom of the screen that shows how long you have walked. it is exercise for non-exercisers. works for me!

missy...beach vacation sounds wonderful. I can't tell you the last time I had a vacation. I would like a weekend away from my beautiful babies. sometimes you just need a break!

Stay focused all!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #69  

Missy...I used to do the Firm all the time!! It really helped get the weight off and I really need to get back to it since I have several more dvd's of it now. The only problem is that the ceilings in this house are lower than in our previous house and when I get on the step I end up hitting my hands and arms on the ceiling fan, ugh!!! If I move over then I can't see the TV (we have a built in niche for the tv over the fireplace and although it gets everything off the floors and away from the walls I can't stand it). I want to try the dance dvd The Firm has, hopefully that one won't have me getting tangled up in the ceiling fan

Hope you all stayed OP today! I will post again when I get back from my weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed
Old 08-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #70  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

I know, right? I feel like Im gonna hit my head every time I step up on both platforms. Hehehehe. I am so sore from the day before yesterday. I have the schedule, so Im just about to hit the dvd and SWEAT! I am still on a plateau! Arg, I feel the pain of Djay and Jen. Aw well at least Im OP and exersising, Maybe Im just adding lots and lots of mucsle We got a free movie to go to this morning for the kids so I got to boogie. Get going girls! Missy
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #71  

I am back from Duke and I have lost 1lb since my last visit. Not bad for basically being in a car for 2 weeks straight and eating the majority of my meals out.

I thought I had lost more since my clothes are sooooooo loose but we decided that maybe I have gained some muscle, at least that what the nutritionist and I decided so we are sticking to that. Off to figure out what there is for lunch in the house, have a great day ladies
Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #72  

Gatorgirl...congrats on the loss. I figure every pound lost counts! What else could we be doing right now but gaining 1 pound!

The FIRM sounds tough, but I used to absolutely love step aerobics. anything with music and dance and I am in.

I definately feel better now that the first 20 pounds are off. I feel like I now have motivation to work on the next 20! Let's go girls!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Smile

I do the WATP dvd's too-or at least I did. I need to get back on that wagon. They are great workouts.
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I have found a way to make the MF chocolate bar more palatable. The first time I tried one it was like chewing on bark. I just got this tip from the MF recipe forum to melt it for 30 min in the microwave and top it with PB2. This was a major improvement-tasted a tiny bit like a Reese's.
I hope everyone is doing well and I am sending more <<good MF vibes>> along the way.

Cheers,
Pennie
CatWuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #74  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Happy Weekend ladies! This has been a horrible week!If it could be screwed up...I screwed it up....If it could break...it broke...I am sooooo glad it is over!

The bright spot in this gloomy rainy week....I stayed on plan and lost another 3.5 lbs! So Hang in there missy! If you can tough through the plateau....it starts comming off like it is supposed to after.

If I may...What is FIRM and WATP?

D

Last edited by djay; 08-22-2008 at 06:27 PM.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #75  

Glorious day Ladies!!!

WAy to Go djay!!!!!! you are an inspiration!!!!! (dancing for you right now!!!)

cat....funny, the chocolate bar is my FAVORITE!

well ladies......2 more pounds out the window!!!! I know I have asked this before, but I just can't believe about the severe constipation of this diet plan. I have not gone to the bathroom with out a laxative in 5 weeks. I am taking them every other day. I am starting to get worried! any suggestions that are working?

tata ladies! keep on plan!!!