Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #91  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Good luck Nikki!

Hi Operator! I am doing great! They had a birthday celebration at work yesterday and I went in late with a cup of herb tea and just chatted with people, ignored the table with the goodies, I'm so happy! I really admire you for being able to work nights, my rhythm is definitely for the day.

Lili and Alice, hang in there - don't they say that great hunger is usually followed by a scale move? I HATE being hungry, too. Sometimes I will chug a bottle of water, or have a mug of bouillon.

missygith, glad you got your food and got started.

I can't believe we are almost ready to start the July chat, can you believe it? And I hit my latest mini goal according to this morning's scale, if it holds till tomorrow (my official weigh in) then I will make a new mini goal!!

Have a great day!!

Miri

Last edited by mirihawk; 06-27-2008 at 08:12 AM.
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #92  
Operator265

Hey y'all. I finally got around to doing my weekly Medi-Baking today. If you get a chance, make the Brocolli Quiche that's up in the Sticky Post. HOLY MOLY!!! It is good.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #93  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey y'all...

Mirihawk congrats on meeting your mini goal. That's awesome.

So today was my first day. I thought it went really well, but the oatmeal I got it with the free week and just thought that I would give it a try. It was horrible, but I choked it down. I am definitely going to have to find a recipe that uses it otherwise it is just going to take up space in my cabinet. Other than that everything else was good. Just finished my lean and green meal, but I don't know how I am going to fit the last meal in.

Well good luck to everyone for the weekend
Nikki2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #94  
Releasing the inner hiker

I think it is so interesting how we like different things. I absolutely LOVE the oatmeal, though I make it with one cup of water and it is very soupy. I like the oatmeal better than any other food, except perhaps the chocolate mint bars.

Operator, I think I will try the quiche recipe. I LOVE quiche.

Mirihawk, congrats! I really think my hunger is not really hunger...just mindless eating. I need a hobby.

Ok, has anyone ever tried internet dating? I "met" a gentleman online a few weeks ago and we have been corresponding since. I caught myself thinking about him during a workshop today. Ack! I can't even remember the last time I dated someone and he seems like a nice guy. However, a friend of mine took some casual pictures of me two days ago, and I just can't imagine anyone finding me attractive. Self-defeating thoughts, I know, but they linger. It doesn't seem to help that my weight loss has been nonexistent the last 3 weeks.

Ok, enough of that. I hope everyone is well.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #95  
Operator265

Nikki- I hate the Cream soups, and as far as I'm concerned the oatmeal is Cream of Cement. Definately check out www.medifast-recipes.com for the Medifast Muffins. I use all the oatmeal in them. I even mix the types to make a batch. Also check out Lili's recipe for brownies up in the recipe sticky on this forum. Also, you have to get ALL you meals in, even if you have to double up. 1000 cal/day does not leave alot of room for missing.

Jen-Definately do the Quiche. As far as internet dating goes, I've never tried it, but GOOD LUCK!!! And as far as it goes, I'm a helluva woman at 135 and at 216!!! So are you! Don't let perceived appearances get in the way.

Good Luck everyone. Love Y'all.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceEep View Post
Ok, has anyone ever tried internet dating? I "met" a gentleman online a few weeks ago and we have been corresponding since. I caught myself thinking about him during a workshop today. Ack! I can't even remember the last time I dated someone and he seems like a nice guy. However, a friend of mine took some casual pictures of me two days ago, and I just can't imagine anyone finding me attractive. Self-defeating thoughts, I know, but they linger. It doesn't seem to help that my weight loss has been nonexistent the last 3 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
... I'm a helluva woman at 135 and at 216!!! So are you! Don't let perceived appearances get in the way...
RIGHT on Operator!!! I couldn't put it any better, Jen, so listen to Operator. I've never dated on the internet either, but I think it's a great way to get to know someone without the whole appearances thing getting in the way. Other than talking on the phone, how else can you get to know someone while wearing a bathrobe, curlers, and no makeup? Anyway, if he is as good of a guy as he seems, he won't have any problems with your weight, and will probably respect you so much for working so hard to do something about it. Good luck with it!!!

Nikki, yeah I hate the oatmeal too. Congealed glop...nasty nasty. More water does help some, but I also add a packet of splenda and a sprinkle of cinnamon to it. Also, if you add the cinnamon and splenda, don't heat it, use less water to get the consistency right, and let it set a bit for any dried fruit to soften, it tastes a bit like cookie dough. I don't mean it's something I want to eat. I don't wake up in the middle of the night thinking, "Hey how 'bout some of that MF cookie dough?" But it's better than the glop that comes from following the directions on the packet. Yes, and do try the brownies! They are pretty good if I do say so myself!

And that quiche sounds really yummy!!! I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Miri, on the mini-goal!!! And thanks for the encouragement. I hope that's right and I'll see a huge drop tomorrow at weigh in. I actually gained a pound this week. Half of it came off today, but darn it if it isn't discouraging!

Abovethedin-Jen, I've been hungry for the past two weeks or so. Today wasn't actually as bad as it had been. I have no clue what's up though. I guess the best I can do is stick with it until I get my butt in gear and go to the doctor. I've been super busy at work the past couple days and keep forgetting to make an appointment. When I finally do go, I'll let you know what she says. Hopefully we'll figure this out and stop with the hunger!

So, I'm making a ton of progress on my C25K! (Couch to 5K in case anyone isn't familiar with it.) I ran 20 minutes without stopping last Friday and have worked my way up to 22 minutes today! My time isn't all that great yet, actually it got worse today, but I'm working on it. I can't believe that about 6 weeks ago I could barely run 60 seconds without having to stop and now I can run almost two miles without stopping! Woooo hoooo! It's such a great NSV!

Last edited by LiLi Gettin Thin; 06-27-2008 at 10:07 PM.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #97  
I'm on my way...

Good morning everyone!

I'm off the get my hair permed in a few hours. I just got up, the coffee is brewing and I'm getting ready to mix up my vanilla shake so I can have a "latte". LOL.

Alice, Be very careful with Internet dating. Talk on the phone at least once. Meet him in a public place, and be sure there's someone who knows where you are going, and about how long you expect to be. I have done some Internet dating myself, and the problem is, you don't really know anything about them.
I'll PM you later.

Lili, hang in there. I hate being hungry! I admire you for getting through weeks of it, I would probably have added something ... I hope the scale moves for you!

Re the Oatmeal - I mixed it with some eggbeaters (needed to use up the last of my lean after purchasing a salad that was short on protein for lunch). I mixed them in the blender and then I cooked up a "pancake" in my frypan! It was good, but I supposed not everyone would like it!

I'm going to try to make the soup chips with my free CoB soup, I'm not brave enough to try it plain!!

Have a good day everyone, the coffee is done brewing, and I have to go and shake!!

-miri
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #98  

Well, the man asked me out. I am torn between vomiting, crying, or swooning. He seems like a really nice person, but I am very nervous. I'm middle-aged...these adolescent anxieties are ridiculous. I appreciate all the advice you have given. I am a serious novice...haven't dated or even thought about dating in years.

On the plus side, the possibility of a first date has really helped the motivation for weight loss, lol.

Miriam, I got a haircut this morning. I think it is cute. I should post a picture...

I hope everyone is OP today and doing well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6290105.jpg (30.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #99  
I'm on my way...

Jen,
You are beautiful! Just be yourself, and evaluate whether you like him. We're too old to be trying to conform to someone else's idea of perfect or anything. I got a perm this morning, myself, I'm just back from the hairdresser's.

Internet dating can be fun - just be safe. Public place, then get his full name and google it to make sure he's not a felon, that sort of thing. Meeting someone at a party is just as risky...

I'm going to have my next MF meal and go off to find this pedicure place - I moved recently and changed jobs, so the location of all my services had to change ... although I have kept my chiropractor...

Just relax and remember, its supposed to be FUN!

I hope everyone is having a great OP day - I can never decide if its harder to stay OP on the weekend, or easier!!

hugs
Miriam
Old 06-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #100  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Hey everyone...

Day 2 is half over and so far so good. Had the swiss mocha shake to day and it was yummy. The S'more bar was a little dry, but I liked it anyway.

Everyone thanks for the advice on the "oatmeal". I am definetly going to have to try something different with them. Has anyone tried the biscotti from the MF website?

Operator, I hope that I don't hate the cream soups. The chicken noodle was pretty good, but the crab wasn't my fav.

Good luck everyone for the rest of the weekend. I usually weigh in on Mondays, but since I just started OP, I'm hoping for the best, just not expecting miracles.
Nikki2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #101  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

hey Miriam WAY 2 Go on the mini goal! Progress!
Jen, your picture is stunning! I dont think there are very many women out there who arent at least a little insecure or nervous at a new romantic prospect! And Hey, YOU need to be impressed too... What if you dont like him!? lol Keep in mind the 2 way street. Im excited for you. First kisses rocK! Keep us posted!
LiLi, great work on the running! Not many people can do what you've accomplished! (I can only go about 2 minutes) What am I going to do if I have to run for my life!? You- you'd be able to outrun any crazy man or zombie or even minor tsunami! Woo HOo!
belly and curb your appitite! Yay! I love this stuff! Have a great weekend! Missy
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #102  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Oops, somehow some of my message got deleted. The belly and curb your appitite was from a few things I read online today about how eating 5 to 6 small meals a day will shrink your stomach down substantialy and curb your appitite! This is what we are doing ladies! Keep on keepin on. Nikkie, Great job on the start! You Can Do It! Love and satisfaction to you all, Missy
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #103  
Operator265

Oh Jen. I just saw your picture. As for as that goes, no Prob. You are beautiful. But listen to Mirihawk and be careful to protect yourself. You're worth a whole lot. What a wonderful smile and person you are!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Operator265; 06-29-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #104  

Thanks for the support, gals! You are so great! My best friend is vacationing out of country/out of internet for the next 6 weeks and I will miss her immensely. Don't be surprised to see me here more as a result, lol.

Well, on the weight-loss front, I have finally lost my first 10% of weight. I like to think in terms of 10%, as I've heard the health benefits increase with every 10% you lose. I decided to add a new tracker to help keep track of that loss.

Hope everyone does well today. I'm thinking of going clothes shopping, not because of need, but of the desire to look nice.

Happy day!
Old 06-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Hello all! I just got home from vacation. I have not weighed yet but I don't think I gained any. I had all my MF packed into 2 big ziplock bags and somehow left one at home so I had to ration out my shakes for the day to 3and then drank water and ate salads or other green veggies with some chicken at night. We were too busy during the day to think about snacking which was good. I have a weigh in at Duke on Wed and tomorrow I am back fully on the plan. Good to be home!
Gatorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote