Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #16  
Releasing the inner hiker

Just checking in to say hello. Nothing much new here...still hobbling around, taking lots of pills. I've never had an infection like this one and all from a spider! I can't wait to be able to go for a walk again as I'm getting stir-crazy from staying inside. My poor dog is going crazy as well, I think.

Speaking of the dog, she got into a box of my bars...the S'mores! I was so annoyed...$15 down the drain. Well, I guess more like $13, as I had eaten one of them.

Thursday is my official 7th week weigh-in. Since I haven't been moving too much, I don't think I will see a drop, though I've been OP. In fact, I've stopped weighing in daily since I was getting frustrated seeing that stupid 3.

Sneeks, I'm sorry to hear of your tooth pain. It is amazing to me how much pain dental problems cause. Try and keep your calories up, if at all possible, though. I'd hate to see your weight loss stall.

Terry & Sassy, welcome!

Lili, what are you remodeling? I think I must have missed that post.

Operator, how are you? What has the weather been like in UT?

Mirihawk, I checked out your page on the medifast site. Very nice! I'm glad to see you are doing so well.

Hope everyone is happy and well!
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jen! I hope your foot is doing better. I don't know if I've actually posted much about our "remodeling" project since it's something I'd rather forget! So, I don't think you've missed a post. We've been remodeling our kitchen for the past year plus a month or two. I bought a house, only to find out that the "small" leak under the sink that was supposed to be be an easy fix had been leaking for a very long time...and rotted out the drywall in half the kitchen, not to mention ruined the kitchen cabinets. After just buying the house, I had no money to pay someone to do it, so we're doing it ourselfves...very slowly. The refrigerator, microwave, and George Forman have been in the livingroom and we've been doing dishes in the hall bathroom ever since we moved in. Luckily the stove is on the other side of the kitchen, so I can still cook a bit on it, though it's kind of inconvenient and I try not to. This is one reason I went with Medifast! Hardly any cooking! Well...except for the L&G, which it's pretty easy to stick something on the George Forman and eat a salad.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #18  

Lili, I really respect those who can do home improvement projects. I freak out over having to put the air conditioner in, lol. Remodeling is definitely not in my comfort zone.

I went for a walk today...first time in 10 days. I could only do a mile, but I am so happy with the world right now. It is amazing how happy I become after being outside.

Hope everyone is doing well and plugging along.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Jen, glad to hear your able to get out and about! It's horrible being cooped up inside, especially in nice weather.

Operator, are you back from your trip yet? How did it go?

It's been so quiet in the chat the past week. I hope everyone is doing well.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #20  
Operator265

I'm baaack! Things went pretty well on the trip. 560 mi each way. I'm broke as **** now. But she seems to be keeping a pretty good attitude about it.

So, Jen, did you go to the hospital or is it improving on its own? I'm glad you're finally able to get up and about.

Lili-I hate discovering the truth after buying a house. I have to redo my kitchen. It's Burnt Orange and Bright Yellow. But, I think I'll just paint and replace the stove for now. We'll see how the rest goes later. Oh yeah, and the floors.

Sorry so short. Last night was my first grave shift. I'm going to check out a couple of other things, then off to bed.

Keep hanging tough.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #21  
Operator265

Lili-THANK YOU!!! for reminding me about my Foreman Grill. I just got it out of my garage and my life has just become alot easier.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #22  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

I've had the stomach flu and went off plan a couple of days as part of that. I'm up about *4* pounds, bummer! Plus I couldn't call in sick because the other IT "guy" was on vacation. I hate feeling really sick at work. Luckily I had immodium so nothing really embarrassing happened but oh blah.

Starting to feel better, was back on my MF meals today... I missed them, can you believe it?
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #23  
Operator265

Miri-Sorry to hear about the flu. I hate working sick too. Fortunately, I have and job where I'm not indispensible and an employer that I like so little I don't care anyway.

Glad you're back on plan. Don't worry about the 4 lbs. They'll be gone soon enough. Good Luck.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Height: 5'6"

I have been doing Medifast for 3 weeks now. I dropped 8 lbs the first week, did not weigh this past week due to the Dr being on vacation and then I will weigh again this Wed. I have found it to be very easy except for the chocolate one. I have tweaked the others but cannot find anything to add to the chocolate one. Does anyone have any suggestions for an add in?

?
Gatorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #25  
Operator265

You could try some Torani's sugar free syrup. They are often in the coffee sectikon at the grocery store.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 192/192/130

Height: 5'0

Hello, I am new! today is actually my first day and I have had two shakes so far. I have around 70 pounds to lose and I am hoping to do it rather quickly. I love hearing your guys stories and hearing of all the weightloss it is really encouraging. I hope this is something that i can stick with. Has anyone just tried to do the shakes and not the meal? I kind of was thinking that i would do that for as long as i can take it and then add in the meal. If someone has done this let me know how it went and when you added in the Lean and Green meal. I am so glad to be apart of this site, i am hoping all the support will help me stick with it.
jmeyeroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #27  
I feel blah..

S/C/G: 217.5/193.0/140

You're only supposed to do 6mf meals if advised by a doctor, other wise you need to have 5 mf meals and 1 l&g. You really should read the quick start guide that came with your shipment. Don't skip the l&g, your body needs it.

Good Luck

Last edited by Sneeks; 06-16-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Sneeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #28  

Jmeyeroni, I second Sneeks advice. The 6mf meals are only meant to be done if you are under the care of a doctor. Your calories would just drop too low too quickly otherwise.

Gatorgirl, I like to add Raspberry extract to my chocolate shake. Really tasty.

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a completely off plan weekend because I was traveling and hiking. I maintained my current weight, so that is good.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Zeitgeist; 06-16-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #29  
banned

S/C/G: 210/155/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys

I have been on medifast for year
I have surrvived a surgery & other life events
so I want you to know ITCAN BE DONE
I am so happy with my looks & health
I want to cheer you all on
thin nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #30  
Operator265

jmeyeroni- I second the others. Besides, if you stay on plan, you really can lose 5-8 lbs. a week anyway, and that's pretty fast. Mine was going at 7 lbs. a week. The protein helps you maintain your muscles, which burn more calories than fat even at rest.

Hey Sneeks. Good to hear from you.

Jen- So, how's the foot doing. Sounds like you're getting better. At least you maintained. I got back OP after I got home. I had pizza at my ex's and then chinese the next night at my best friend's house. Then I was invited to breakfast this morning after work. I haven't done that in awhile, so I went just to hang with the guys a bit. I did OK there.

Thin Nurse- Glad you found 3FC and us. Keep coming back and visiting us. We could use the encouragement and friendship.

Well, I only got Op 4 days ago, but I'm down another 2 lbs. I pulled my Foreman Grill out of storage(thanx again Lili) and boy is it coming in handy. Now I toss a couple of Boca Burgers on when I get up and get dressed while they cook. I get a nice boost from the early protein. I need to get off my big one and get my muffins made this weekend. I really need some bulk in the morning or I try to go thru my food too fast when I am on trucks.

I'm also going to get some flax seed this week to put in my shakes and salads. That will replace the Omega capsules and add some fiber w/o adding too many calories.

Glad to hear from everyone. It's gotten kinda slow here due to summer and everyone getting into life, I'm sure. Keep Strong Everyone.