Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #76  

Thanks brooke!

I've heard there are fish oil capsules that don't have the taste. I would think too that as long as you swallow them and don't let them break open in your mouth you would be okay either way.
Zeute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #77  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Michelle,

I actually spoke to a MF rep. yesterday and she told me that using ground flax is just fine and that I would count it but where most products like this are counted against the condiment allotment, flax is not. That is good to know, 'cause I really look forward to my coffee in the morning.

I am sorry, I don't know who made the comment earlier, but someone pointed out that the medifast food is sweet enough to curb cravings for sweet things. I have to say I completely agree. I am a serious chocolate person. Since I started MF, I have only had one craving for chocolate in over three months. At first I thought it was strange but now I think it is because I can taste the chocolate in the food and it is enough for me. I had a shake yesterday and it was just like having a dessert. They are so good. I just love the chocolate shakes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and happy MF.

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #78  

Vbevens - Have a great trip!! I think she is going on a cruise

Waving Hi to Lely!!!

Michelle - Sending get well wishes!

Brooke - Sounds like a great trip!

Waving Hi to everyone else - getting ready for a move so things have been a bit

Last edited by SweetP; 02-29-2008 at 02:49 PM.
SweetP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #79  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Feeling the vibes and well wishes!

I'm ALWAYS sick it seems! In the past few months it's been 60 degrees, 78, 50, 80, 45 etc. I'm not the only one who's having a hard time this winter! Plus, I really hate my job. I'm trying to have a good attitude about it, but I'm counting down the days until I can move on. The principal is brutal. Add to that my tough, remedial kids and you have a nightmare job. I just took 2 sick days, and I'm in no hurry to go back....

Jen, good to know about the flax, thanks.

Okay guys, no more MFing around!! I keep getting side tracked. I commit tonight to staying on program until I hit goal. Who's with me??
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #80  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Michelle,

Before you take my word for it let me call back on Monday. I was looking online for the nutritional values of flax and found that 1 tbs has 48 calories and 5 grams of fat. I do not remember the carbs. It sounds like a lot to me and I want to make sure I had the info correct. If anyone else knows, I would love to hear what you know about flax.

Thanks group, and have a wonderful Sunday!

Jen

Oh by the way, I weighed in today and now I am officially a member of the 50 POUND club! It's is just by two ounces but I will take it! I told my kids we would go out for pizza but now I just can't do it. Maybe I'll take them out for ice cream..since that won't be tempting to me at all. I am so psyched...just 43 more pounds to go!

Last edited by abovethedin; 03-02-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #81  
Master of disaster

Jen,

WOW!!!! Great job!!! I guess you know what you're doing eh?? Congrats! I WILL join you. Not today....but I WILL get there too.

You skinny little thing!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #82  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovethedin View Post

I actually spoke to a MF rep. yesterday and she told me that using ground flax is just fine and that I would count it but where most products like this are counted against the condiment allotment, flax is not.
That's odd coming from a MF rep as it says right in the Condiment Limitation document that 1 tsp Flax (ground or whole seed) = 1 condiment

Most of the MF recipes I see call for 1 TBS of flax seed meal (ground flax seed) which is 3 tsp & would be your condiments for the day. Plus the recipes usually call for SF syrup & baking powder so probably most recipes put you over limit in that department. The reason I mention it is that if your weight loss is somewhat slow or stalling, maybe check out how many recipes you are using. Those condiments really do add up.

My box of flax seed meal (ground flaxseed) says for 1 TBS (3 condiment options): 30 cal /2g fat /2g carb /2g fiber /2g protein

My flax seeds says for 1 TBS (3 condiment options): 59 cal /4g fat /4g carb /3g fiber /2g protein

Hmmm...they should be fairly equal to be counted the same, wouldn't you think? Maybe I have fattier flax seeds??? LOL

Last edited by suesully; 03-02-2008 at 06:04 PM.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #83  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Sue,
I may have gotten it wrong but for the last two days I have been putting 1/4 cup of flax in my shakes, having 4 splendas a day, and drinking two infusers with my water. I have still lost weight. I will definitely check it out though tomorrow. I don't want to mislead anyone.

Have a great weekend.

Jen
Old 03-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #84  

Height: 5' 7"

I think the seeds are not absorbed as calories because they pass right through but the ground might count. The seeds just add fiber. Does that make sense? I can't remember where I read it though.

I am sorry you hate your job Michelle, that makes things so much harder.
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #85  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Ok I just spoke to a MF rep and they said, it does count as a condiment. I know I heard somewhere something different but for now I guess I will just use 1 tsp a day. That should still get things moving I hope.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen
Old 03-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #86  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I think the seeds are not absorbed as calories because they pass right through but the ground might count. The seeds just add fiber. Does that make sense? I can't remember where I read it though.
(

I know I heard this somewhere too...but for the life of me I can't remember where. I suppose as long as it is used in moderation it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #87  

I bought flax specifically to add in to things like the oatmeal but haven't used any yet. Thankfully, I've also not needed it.
Zeute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #88  
Master of disaster

Well thanks Brooke! It's my own fault really.... I was too chicken to look for another job last summer. What if I didn't get hired elsewhere??? Then my horrible job would be even worse!! This year I'm looking and I WILL BE HIRED elsewhere.

Well sucks about the flax, but I'd wager that you probably lose much less when stuck than you do with flax calories. As Shrek says, "Better out than in I always say!" (You have to say it with that Irishy accent). And then burp.

So I got the metabolic booster things and GOOD GOSH - I couldn't sleep at all last night! I didn't feel jittery - just awake. Now I'm tired. I'm gonna go throw something chocolatey in me and go to bed. Good night all!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #89  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Arrow Reaching my goal and beyond...

Hi, Friends:
I have reached my goal (actually today I am one pound less than goal) and have been maintaining for 2 weeks. AND the great news is it is entirely do-able for all of us.
I was pretty scared about the transition to maintenance. I spoke with my therapist and we agreed I could do this (that's actually really, really important: knowing you can do it) and I will monitor my weight and stay within 5 pounds of my goal.
The last two weeks I have been staying fairly aware of my calorie intake while trying to get a sense of what a healthy amount of food to eat each day looks and feels like. No, I'm not using MF transition plan or anyone else's. I wanted to go back to eating mainly "real" foods and so I'm just being (for now) super conscious of how much I eat each day. So far, I've found it really works best to plan out what I'm going to eat each day when I get ready for work in the morning. It's a lot like getting your MF together for the day--but you have more choices. The more choices is actually hard--it's like trying to decide what to wear the first day of summer after being in a school uniform all year. I did do some shopping and come up with some healthy low-cal products to keep on hand--to limit my options a bit. Then I also just keep lots of fresh fruit and veg in the fridge. I also have plenty of frozen veggies and pickles and pickled okra. (That's probably just a tex-*** thing...)
Now mind you: I have eaten out some and enjoyed many adult beverages! What can I say, I like my tequila. I just try to make the best choices I can and know when I need to reel it in.

Keep going, ya'll! I feel so happy and you all will, too!

Carol
camorgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 234/185/125

Height: 5'0"

Thumbs up Singing the praises of MF

Congratulations Carol!!!! I am so happy for you. You will maintain. I know you will. I did MF last year and lost but not to goal. I maintained for most of the months, but the holidays and some self pity got to me and I gained about 10 pounds back. Now I am back on MF and will stay there until goal.

When I was maintaining, I used the MF meals I had for breakfast, snacks and lunches on work days then at night I would eat whatever I wanted(which wasn't good for me) and weekends I tended to go completely off plan.

MF is the only program where I have lost weight without being hungry and miserable. I think it is because it does stop the hunger and I know I can eat again in a couple of hours. I keep a couple of bars in my purse and some of the chips made from the broccoli soup for times when I can't get to a microwave.

I wanted to say also that I too was not eating enough for the lean and green until I picked up a diet scale. WOW! Some nights I don't know if I can get it all down. My calorie intake for most days is beween 800 and 900 and I feel so good.

I have been using the Ziplock steam bags to cook my lean and green meal but have ordered a silicone steamer and can't wait for it to come in. The steamer bags make the lean and green meal as easy as the medifast packages. I just dump in the meat and some spices and pop it in the microwave. For the veggies, I just steam with no spices and spray a couple of times with the Parkay FF spray butter(not really FF if you over use it).

I am now down 11 pounds since I restarted MF Feb. 17th and I plan on adding the exercise tonight when I get home.

I would like to know what exercises some of you use to flatten the tummy. I have an AB Lounger 2 but haven't ever done it daily to see if it works. I also go 30 min on the treadmill at home when I am exercising. I know I need to add some strength in also. I am open to suggestions. I have a weight machine with pullys on it but don't really know what I am doing. I guess I need a plan of how many reps of what for starters.

Last edited by tootsietx; 03-04-2008 at 02:46 PM.
tootsietx is offline   Reply With Quote