Old 09-02-2001, 07:48 AM   #16  

LindaBC - Thanks for the reply. I'm on the Atkins plan and wondered how everyone else was getting the corn and potatoes. Corn is my favorite vegetable and of course on the Atkins Plan you are not allowed corn. Oh well, you answered my question.

Maybe when I get a lot more weight off I can try the Reward Meal plan. Right now the Atkins plan is working and for the first time ever I'm not hungry. Need to stay with it.

Thanks Again. The other Linda
Old 09-02-2001, 09:31 AM   #17  

Lin

On Atkins you can add carb grams later on, and you may be able to have corn and potatoes, at least in small portions at some point.

He tells you to add 5 grams carb per week after Induction and you can eat them all at once in one meal or spread over the day. So you can add a small portion of strawberries or blueberries (my favorite on ricotta or cottage cheese! ) or some corn-just look up the carb count and MEASURE!

Have fun!
dottie

ps- The problem with potatoes, corn, bananas and other higher carb foods is that for some people, they trigger cravings for more! So the loss of hunger that you get restricting the carbs, is lost! You'll find what your body can handle over time!
The carb cravings aren't pretty and sometimes it's not worth the few bites of something to deal with the hunger later!
Old 09-02-2001, 05:51 PM   #18  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi linMay Where in upstate NY are you. I live in cortland just south of syracuse, if you are close may be we can get toghether???

I have done great today, but there is still the evening. I have been at work all day and just got home, so no chance to cheat! that is good. Who needs the duct tape???? I have several rolls in different colors. RED Blue Green Yellow And of course silver

Just name your color. I have not succeed from my stay away from the scale I could not resist I was under 180 this morning!!! I just about flipped!!!

ROLLING ROLLING LETS KEEP THE WAGON ROLLLING YEEEEHAAAA!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2001, 07:05 PM   #19  
Slimwithin

YIPPEEEE, Nasus. That's fantastic. It's really working for you.
Old 09-02-2001, 07:09 PM   #20  

Default Congrats, Nasus!

You truely ARE the incredible shrinking woman!

Kel
Old 09-02-2001, 07:13 PM   #21  
Senior Chicky

Smile WTG~~SUSAN!!!!

Now where's the smilies under your name??? You've earned them girl!

J
Old 09-03-2001, 12:13 AM   #22  
Trying to find my way.

I grabed one cookie this evening but that was the only really carby thing i had. peppers with ranch dressing, and cuckes with ranch was al the carbs i had!!! WHOOOOO HOOOO I would love to be in that lower decade by morning ( I even have TOM!!!) that would really make me happy!!
Old 09-03-2001, 10:54 AM   #23  

Unhappy Got any double-strenght duct tape? :o

Hi!

Won't go into too many details. Suffice to say that this has not been an OP weekend so far. I actually went up a pound this morning. PMS is playing a factor I know. However, knowing I'm in PMS state, I'd planned to stay extra vigilent in my control on carbs. So much for well-layed plans.

To the rest of you who are doing so well, EXCELLENT!

To the ones who are struggling like I, I'll share that extra-strength duct tape as soon as I find it.

Old 09-03-2001, 11:57 AM   #24  

Hi all - Nice, sunny day here today. Gotta get out for my walk. Nice surprise this morning - a 2 pound loss.

Dottie - Thanks for th einfo. I do find that when I've tried adding grams of carbs, expecially fruit, it triggers my cravings. Until I lose a LOT more weight I'll probably just have to stay with induction. Oh well, that's okay as long as I don't get hungry.

Nasus40 - I live in Carthage - quite a ways from you. If you're not familiar with Carthage, its about 80 miles North of Syracuse.
One of our sons lives in Maryland, so we do hit Cortland on Route 81 a few times a year. Congrats on the loss.

Well, need to get walking. Chat with you all later. Linda
Old 09-03-2001, 08:43 PM   #25  
Trying to find my way.

the other Linda I was up in carthrage a few months back so i do know where you are. Pat lives up that way too.

Joanne some times it is too hard to stay OP during TOM it is the hardest time of the month, so you are doing great, the pound is water and will be off in a few days. Drink tons to flush it out!!!some thing that will help with the cravings is chromium take some no more that 400 daily though. and it will really help with the carb monster.

by the way i will need the tape tonight as i strugle to get back OP. I ended up eating all the food that i fixed today as the wak ppoint was the chocolat4 frosting that i made and i went over board big time, but i plan on being right back OOP by morning I have goals to make, I am and will do it.

I have a HUGE roll of tape so hop on and let me tape.

By the way it was still under 180 this morning I got on about 10 times to be sure!!! but i will have some water retentin in the morning so water water water and my chromium of course!!! exercise in the morning with OZZIE!!!
Old 09-03-2001, 09:27 PM   #26  

Default Better Day Today Than Yesterday

Which is about all I can say for today. However, I feel better and I'm drinking my 3rd 32 oz. bottle of water.

I made burgers tonight (DH got distracted with bills so I ended up cooking). I quick pan-fry them (draining as much grease as possible during and after cooking). I also season them on both sides with seasoned salt (mix of paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and other spices/herbs). I drained the pan and gave it a quick wipe with a wad of paper towels. Then I put about two tablespoons of butter in the pan and added 12 ozs of white mushrooms cut into bite-sized chunks. Sauteed them until golden and put them on top of the burgers. Sprinkled some fancy shredded cheddar cheese over the bunch. Added about a tablespoon of sour cream on top of each burger topped with 1 tablespoon of salsa. I ate two burgers! Yumm! Best part is, the mushrooms killed my cravings for chocolate! (Big PMS issue for me!) It's true. There is some chemical in mushrooms (all types) that triggers a reaction in your system to kill your cravings for chocolate. It works everytime for me. Now I never do my weekly grocery shopping without buying mushrooms. I just need to get in the habit of eating them more often.

I bought the new Atkins' Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook today. Check out the new soup recipe I'm going to add to the "main dish" thread. Blue Cheese & Bacon Soup. Sounds excellent. Can't wait to try it.