Old 08-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #1  

Default September weight loss challenge

Hi everyone : )

We are nearing the end of the month and it's time to get ready for our new month beginning Sat., Sep. 1! Hope to see everyone from last months thread (previous months) and also anyone else interested in joining in. Our plans and goals vary, we simply state our weight loss goal for the month (or maintenance, inches lost, etc.) and measure our success in the form which best suits our individual needs (scale, inches, clothing, etc.)

Congratulations to all on their weight loss last month, maintenance for some of us and also to all for keeping on truckin! : ) Thanks to the inspiration and support here, I was able to keep my weight in check during the summer months and maintain my loss thus far. Thanks ladies I am eager for our new month and I am ready to kick some butt!

My plan will consist of low fat proteins (mainly fish + chicken) for dinner and occassional ex. lean beef + eggs, vegetables (lot's of greens, no potatoes), fruits and salads and plenty of water! Bread will be limited to 2x per week. My plan also consists of eating out one weekend n ight but in moderation and chosing wisely.
I typically weigh on on Mondays (helps keep in line over the weekend) and 1x a week often works best for me ....though right now I decided to keep the scale on the backburner for a bit and just go full steam aheah on plan and back to ex. regiment and when I am feeling better, I'll take the monster out! lol

Looking forward to seeing everyone here and also meeting those of you who may just be joining in. Let's keep it rockin' ladies
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Nice! I was hoping this thread would get started sometime soon. I'm 7 pounds away from my goal, which i'm starting to re-think. I have a little more fat to lose, i've noticed. But I also need to try and be more consistant with my strength training. If I were to do that more, i'd gain more muscle, lose more fat, and maybe I'd still only be looking for a 7 pound loss.
Anyways..
for september i'm looking to:

a) lose 7lbs of fat
b) gain muscle/tone all over
c) fit into a size 6 (i've been stuck at a 7 for too long!)
d) purchase turbjo jam and do that 4-5 times a week minimum.
e) start making more healthy homemade soups!

I'm hoping that by the end of september I'll reach maintenance. My mom has just offered to purchase my b/f and I an all inclusive trip to mexico this coming march. It would be nice to have been in maintenance for at least 6 months so i'm less likely to give into any cravings and know what works best if I do! September 5th is also my 6-month anniversary of having started this weight-loss journey. I plan on posting my 6-month before/after shots shortly after that date (once I have found myself my new jeans that aren't falling off me!)

Good luck to everyone in the month ahead! I look forward to hearing from you all!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I am up for the challenge....I am new to 3FC and hope this site will inspire me to lose my unwanted fat!!!!! I am about 283 so I think that it would be good for me to shoot for a 10 pound goal! If I lost 10 pounds I think that would inspire me to keep going!!!!! Hope you all keep up your losing!
Utahgirl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #4  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

ElegantDeparture

Woo! NOt only are you only 7 pounds from your original goal! But you get an all inclusive vacation to Mexico....Soo nice! Your mom sounds way cool!

FullSteamAhead

Your resolves always sound so well thought out and reasonable. I wish I had more of a game plan type of outlook. The only thing I try to do is get in my cardio....

So for this coming month...I would like to commit to do cardio everyday...even if it's only half an hour...even if I only walk. Half an hour of cardio 6x a week. That and free weights and yoga every alternate day. I want to lose 4-5 pounds again but am going to try to just concentrate on the exercise and worry less about the numbers.

Last edited by Lekhika; 08-30-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #5  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls! I am heeeere! I won't officially weigh in for August until Wednesday to make sure Aunt Flow has no influence on the scale. I feel like a bloated whale right now!

But...My numero uno goal for September will be to lose 8 more pounds....then maybe add back in the exercise I use to do so diligently LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #6  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Can I join? I'm joining a lot of challenges, but, HEY! why not? They all lead to the same goal

My goal for September is to lose 10 lbs. I also want to workout in some way at least 1000 minutes. If nothing else, a walk with my dog every day!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #7  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4"

I am going to go for another 10 lbs this month. I have lost 20 lbs to date and people are actually starting to notice. It is so exciting! My husband can't seem to quit staring at me. And the head of security at my company stopped me yesterday. He said they are going to have to take new pictures for my security badge cause nobody would believe I'm the same person. And that's just from 20 lbs!
stranger n my mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #8  
move it

Welcome all you losers! My goal is another 6 pounds for September. If I can keep this up, I'll get to goal by New Year's Eve. I know that weight loss tends to slow when you get closer to goal so I hope to lose a little extra early on. I'm doing sort of a modified low-carb thing, kind of like phase 2 of South Beach. It seems to be working, so I'll keep that up and exercise, exercise, exercise.

Ronda, congratulations! Ten pounds is a lot of weight to lose in a month - keep up the good work.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:47 AM   #9  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Hope2Lose!! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

And hi hi to the rest of the girls! I didn't do my last weigh in this morning but I'm ok with being one pound shy of my August goal. Considering I picked up the exercise again after slacking for most of August I'm ok with the 4 pound loss.

And I doubt I"m going to lose 3 more pounds in three days so I think my labor day goal tanked too...still 17 pounds isn't too shabby so I'm happy!

And that brings us smack dab into September. My goals for this month are much more laid back. I commit to exercising 5-6x a week. Eat well...and weigh in only once in the middle of the month. So my next weigh in will be on September 15th.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Well today I did pretty good on my eating. I need to eventually get a lot more fruits and veggies in my meals and hopefully within this month I can start doing that! Exercise I did not do a ton but I was on my feet all day for work and have to walk to pick up my son and walk to work since here in Korea I do not have a car so at least that is something!
Utahgirl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #11  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

Of course i'm in!
My biggest goal for SEPTEMBER is to increase my cardio! I'm doing a rowing marathon (26.3) miles on November 11, that's 3 hours of rowing! Right now i'm pretty fit, resting heart rate 55, but 26 miles is for sure something you have to train for.
I would LOVE to lose 5 lbs. But i have to be careful not too cut out the calories i need to let me train. That's why i've decided to *FOCUS* more on building a little more muscle and getting a kick *** cardio base, a 5 lb weight loss would be icing on the cake.
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm in!

I joined the Thanksgiving challenge, so in order to meet that goal I have to lose 9.6 pounds in September. That also makes up for what I didn't manage to lose in August. Exercise wise the commitment is 818 minutes of cardio (at some point that should force some weekend workouts!), a minimum of 58 miles logged, and yoga 3x/week. The yoga is new, so that will be a real stretch to accomplish.

Unfortunately good old TOM will be there at the end of the month again . . . there has to be a way to succeed despite that!

Have a great weekend and good luck to all. Drive safe!

Last edited by kappy; 08-31-2007 at 02:57 PM.
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

For September I would like to drop 5 pounds (at least). I didn't make August goals so I am already 2 pounds behind...but that's okay. I know I can make Septembers goal if i just keep my head in the game. I would like to drop at least half an inch all over by the end of september too.

I want to work out 4 days a week at the gym, and walk for 30 minutes on my lunch break 3-4 days a week also. I am hoping the weather is going to be getting cooler soon so i don't break too much of a sweat (dont' want to stink when I come back in.).

(oh yeah...by losing 5 pounds, that will put me at 144).
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Ok September is going to be a good and focused month for me. I need to get the rate of loss up again, things have slowed down far too much. My goal is to lose 5lbs this month, and to increase my workout sessions again to 5 times a week, to do SOMETHNG for at least 30 minutes each day Monday-Friday.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #15  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I'm in again!!
I met both my weight and exercise goals for August, so I am feeling really encouraged.
My goal for September is 9lbs...which is going to be a real challenge for me... the most I have ever lost in a month is 5lbs...but that's what I need to do to reach my New Year's goal of 60lbs.
To this end....cardio 6 times a week, weight training at least 4 times a week, and healthier food choices. I know what I need to do (and not do), and this month I need to really focus on that! Time to 'kick it up a notch'!!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote