Old 06-07-2003, 10:55 PM   #16  
WW Moderator

Hi Sue, sorry you are having husband problems. My ex tried to get me to get rid of my computer. After we divorced, he flipped when he found out I met husband #2 on the computer. He said there were nothing but freaks on the computer. I asked him if he thought I was a freak too. My ex also never did anything around the house. Husband 2 is the total opposite. Ok, he still has his weak points, but the difference is amazing. I told him in the start that I worked also and if he respected me he would help me out and share responsibility with housework. I went through a very brief period of not doing his laundry or doing any cooking, and he started helping. Good luck getting things worked out, I know it is stressful.

My life has been a mess lately. I am so stressed out with my job, it never seems to let up. My boss and I haven't been getting along lately. He leaves me in the dark and basically doesn't pull his share. I do a LOT at my job, beyond the call of duty and I am just tired. He is working in another state right now, so I have long hours for the time being. Between the long hours and the frustration of being taken for granted, I blew up at him in an email. I got a lot of things off my chest that I was afraid to say, but wanted to badly. I should have said it sooner, and nicer, but it didn't happen that way. Hopefully now things will go better.

I worked today on annual inventory and have to go back in the morning for the last of it. Soon I will be on vacation and I will be relaxed!
Old 06-08-2003, 06:18 AM   #17  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Gosh Jennifer. I am sorry that things are not good at work. as you can tell when stress hits it really throws your life all off. I can say that at work is one area in my life at this time things are OK. I work too many hours but I am appreciated. I hope things do go well with the blow up. I will keep you in my prayers. and when you dissapear I will know where you are and think of you. (and keep you in my prayers) Have a great time thinking ov vacation.

I did get in to my sexy nighty last night and well I know he could not sleep well last night (neither did I) but that was the intent. I can stay like this for quite a while

Coffee is on and hot girls there is plenty I got more.

RSH is not on vacation this week. in a way I am sorry and that means he will still be just as grumpy when trying to make up for his stupidity. if he was on vacation I could milk this through the week and actually get things done in the house! see I can be a bit devious!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 07:10 AM   #18  

Yes, Sue, there is nothing like the post-fight period to get some work out of them! My DH is not lazy, but he is BLIND to the things that need to be done in the house, and can be selfish- he just starts in on what he WANTS to do, and the day goes by and he never considers meals, cleaning, errands, repairs...I have to really fuss before he'll do a chore that needs to be done. Or else make a big deal, and prep him: "we need to do suchandsuch this weekend, can we do it sat morning, will you make time, don't forget blahblahblah. I don't want to be a nag, but he just doesn't SEE stuff- sort of testosterone-induced visual impairment.
Hold on, and can you work less hours next week?

I dragged DH over to the new house yesterday to go over some plans, paint colors, etc. He has been working a lot and I have scheduled workmen for some things- electrical work, some plastering, and opening up a closet area. there are a ton of decisions for carpet, floor refinishing, interior door replacement, and 50 million small issues, and a few big issues. I am doing everthing myself, and he is a little out of the loop. But he OK'ed everthing, and actually said to go ahead with some floor refinishing that I was going to wait on because of the expense. He said just get it over with! LOL, I never knew he'd spend money to avoid inconvenience! I should have tried this before!

Pooky, we are going to have to wait on the kitchen because it needs to be gutted! I am going to put a coat of paint on the cabinets and some new hardware, but that's it for now. We just don't have the $ for it right away. That will be a "save up" project for the future.

I wish I was OP, but I'm not. I'm just trying to do the best I can, eat my protien, and keep the sugar down.

Off to the grocery store for veggies and meat, and doing a big cooking marathon for the week- turkey breast, chicken breasts, bread, muffings, turkey meatballs for DH suppers, fish for dinner tonight. I think I'll make a protein shake for breakfast and get going.

ttyl, dottie
Old 06-08-2003, 07:25 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Sue and Dottie have tired me out!
Just ahd a lovely coffee on the deck IN MY ROBE so today must be going to be summer at last.
I have decided to play hooky from Church today and work on the garden. Party this evening so it should be a good day.
Behave yourselves, Chickies.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:09 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally posted by dottiejon
[- sort of testosterone-induced visual impairment.
[/B]
gosh, there is quite alot of that going on in my house. Thank goodness I now have an official dx. I thought it was the peanut butter cups that turned me into a shrew, or perhaps it was the comment, "see honey! I cleaned out my side of the closet!" which translates into:

"see honey, I can shove all of the extra hangers that were crapping up my side of the closet into the big kids closet that you just cleaned out!"

grrrr

and now I know why he can't see that gaping hole in the wall that the little guy rode his bike into two years ago.

I feel so much better knowing it WASNT the peanut butter cups.

bless you all!
peach
ps....it can of course be treated with drug therapy, can't it?
please? Tell me there is a cure?

Last edited by peach pit; 06-08-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:28 AM   #21  

I can't take credit for that joke- it is actually an old feminist joke about the need for research on the effect of the interaction between testosterone and refrigerator lightbulbs. Resulting in, of course, Refrigerator Blindness. You know, honey where's the milk? On the shelf right in front of you! LOL

As you already know, despite your desperate plea for a cure, alas, there is none. Or women would have found it generations ago!

There may be some hope in behavior therapy, as we see in Sue's efforts, but this is highly complex and change is difficult to maintain. Of course, there is also some risk involved and should be undertaken only under the supervision of a highly trained professional. Is his mother available?

LOL We are saints.

d.

Last edited by dottiejon; 06-08-2003 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:39 AM   #22  

Good Morning everyone!

Coffee in hand, dh is snoring away, bless his heart. He has slept on the couch for the past two weeks because he works till the wee hours of the morning and he doesn't want to wake me up crawling into bed. He is so tired and stressed out, I am letting him sleep in for as long as he wants to. May take M out for some eggs and ham at the local diner this morning.

Grey day here but I am going to make an attempt to get those long suffering perennials into the garden. we'll see how the weeding goes

I was wondering how much work you had left to do Dottie, very exciting to get all the things done before the big move! Good idea on the kitchen--at least you will have time to shop around for what you really want.

Ruth, enjoy your day of hooky!

Sue, looks like you've got it all figured out with your dh--think there's a truce in the works?

Jennifer ((BIG HUGS)) Sometimes bosses are worse than our own dh's sometimes. Glad you finally said what you needed to say and I hope things don't go badly for you!

Hope you all have a great day
Old 06-08-2003, 11:22 AM   #23  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning everyone

Ive got shorts on!!!! I havent worn shorts in 3yrs!!!!! Doesnt take much to make me happy
Old 06-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #24  

Default Hello!

Well, today is a totally OFF-Plan day for me-and that is Ok with me! I have been good for 2 weeks now-so today, I am taking it as it comes--whatever! SH made pancakes for breakfast and Lord knows I did not wanna make him mad by not eating them-so I ate pancakes and bacon!

It is pretty muggy here today-it is 80 and overcast-the girls wanna go swimming-but I am afraid to let them since they have been sick--we may take a dip -I'm not sure yet!

Well, SH is off this week-I pray that I make it through still married

seeya

Miss D
Old 06-08-2003, 06:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

This board is an advertisement for NOT getting married! We went to MIL's today, and BIL and SIL were there, lovey-dovey and playing with each other. I asked df why he never plays with me like that, and he said, "I don't like to be touched." Enough said. That's okay, I get plenty of attention whether he likes it or not! Every now and then when he's having a bad day I will stay far far away from him, but usually he's the one begging for attention.

FIL painted the bathroom cabinets and door orangey-brown, at MIL's request. DF got mad as he!! and the party was pretty much over. He's been working in that bathroom for the last 3 weekends and now it's ruined. He threw his hands up and let them run with the ball, so if she ends up hating it, it's her own fault. I have learned that if something needs to be painted, I do not touch it, cause he's such a perfectionist my work would never do!

Hope you all have a great rest of the day, talk to you soon. (Oh, by the way, I'm off to buy new jeans, my 18's are officially toooooo big now, hoping the 16's aren't too tight!)
Old 06-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #26  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Well no truce in sigh for a while. he was still at it agian and untill i make him think of how he would feel if I forgo sex with him to look at other men and find them more enjoyable then him I think I can get it though his thick head (again today on the net)

But the nightie will be ready for tonight. HEE HEE I left it on the pillow ready for the night time when he was still in bed!!

Work was busy but not too bad today untill we got an admission at 240 and we leave a 3 and the next shift is not usally having timeto do admisions (a patient that we usally have but went to the hospital for a problem and we were not expecting back today.