Old 01-16-2003, 04:32 PM   #16  
Slimwithin

Good afternoon from the Wet Coast. Well, not raining yet but it looks as if it soon will be. Hard to believe that earlier today I had patio door open and both kitchen windows open to air out the house. It was so sunny and bright. Well, I sure can't complain as we haven't had any "real" winter weather yet this season. Of course, there are always surprises, right?
Taz staying the same isn't so bad, and at least you know why you didn't lose. It's those unexplainable gains that can really throw a person.

Deb my heart goes out to your friend's family. It will be a difficult time for them and for you. It's so hard to lose a loved one and a friend.

Ruth didn't you just get a new furnace? Why is your house so cold? Good luck with your surgeons appointment AND with the new PC. I don't know which is more stressful. I'm having a problem with my Simply Accounting program. For the past couple of months it won't let me into my Customer List to add new clients or make changes to existing info. I have to take a roundabout route now to add new clients and I still can't get into the list to change info for old clients. If anybody has a clue how to correct this, I'd appreciate the help. I can't get through to Customer Service because they're so busy with calls due to their new update just out. I was having this problem even before I installed the update.

Pooky good luck with the home schooling. Lucky for you that kids that age are like little sponges and just love trying new things. I sure hope it all works out well for you.

Missedbeinhere I'm sure sorry to hear about your Mom's cancer recurring. I hope they get it all this time.
As for your napping problem, I'm wondering if you are taking supplemental vitamins. I have a similar problem and I'm finding that vitamins are helping me get over that midday slump. I still find myself nodding off during commercials in Young & Restless and then wonder why I missed the whole show. Not that I missed much. Also, have you been tested for thyroid problems and diabetes? Before I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and mild Type II Diabetes, I was tired and sleepy all the time. I just couldn't seem to get myself to move, and the more rest I got the more tired I got. Now, when I seem unusually dozy and there's no explanation, it's usually caused by my glucose levels being too high. Carbs don't help the problem.L.... what's a tempered bed top? I bought us a feather mattress pad for Christmas and it is like sleeping on a cloud. The only trouble is, I have to pull back the bottom sheet every morning and fluff this thing up. We have a Costco nearby so I was wondering if I should have a look at this tempered thing you talk about. Anything that helps me awaken with fewer aches I'm all for.

Dyan I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. But, you are right. Worrying isn't going to help him. You just have to have faith that modern medicine will do the trick. My uncle had pneumonia over Christmas and was in hospital for a week but he's out and about now. Did I mention that he's 89? This is the skinniest man I have ever seen. There is not an ounce of fat on him. He looks like a concentration camp victim and yet he's always been very healthy and eats like a much bigger person. I just don't know where he puts his food. He's always been super skinny but now that he's getting so old and has had a few health problems I think a gust of wind could blow him away. My aunt is a fairly trim woman but she complains that no matter how much she dieted, she still looked like a hulk beside her husband.
Anyhow, when the worries start nibbling at your toes, you just have to keep moving so they can't catch up to you. Find lots of things to keep your hands and mind busy. Don't let yourself even consider the negative possibilities. If you think positive and try to help others get through their worries, it will help you deal with your own.
Not much new here on the home front. We had visitors yesterday whom we haven't seen in about 5 years. Old friends and neighbours from our days as young parents. Oh, the good times we used to have playing cards in each other's homes. Their kids were older and would babysit ours so we could go out for an evening once in a while. I made a cream filled jelly roll to serve them and didn't even have a nibble myself. Little did they know that I had a silky, creamy low carb cheesecake cooling in the oven which I enjoyed later. Not going to overdo it on this one though (like I did when Ruth was here and after she left). I didn't make the nut crust for this one and I'm going to freeze it in individual portions so I can't "sliver" it to extinction.
Tomorrow morning is my weigh-in after 16 days on Induction. I'm trying not to even think about it. Maybe I'll wait a few more days.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Linda, you are doing a terrific job on induction!! I'm proud of you, and I wish I had some of your self-restraint. Tommie "won" a bag of microwave popcorn at school today. Ever notice how great that stuff smells? I was drooling from the back of the house, and now I've eaten a small bowl full. Of course, I feel like crap now and I'm going to be fighting the urges all night and all day tomorrow. When will I learn?????

Deb, I'm so sorry about your friend. I work at a cemetery and I try not to get personally involved with every family, but sometimes I cry with them. Your story this morning brought tears to my eyes too. Big hugs to you girlfriend!

Everyone else, I'll try to address you later. Dearest is screaming for juice. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 06:49 PM   #18  

Evening all

Linda~Thanks for addressing my napping problem--today I laid down with Tori and really did not sleep but yawned the whole time I have not started taken any vitamins yet or suppelemnts, guess I should look in to gettin some, I think I have some 1aday vit. in the cupboard.
Thanks for the kind words about my mom also--Breast Cancer is a devastating disease, and unfortunatley it is heriditary, so whole families fight the same disease again and again. One day I pray we win!

Well got to go get the rugrats at the neighbor's, she is probably cussing me by now!!

Have a great night (or day) everyone!!
mis

Oh--I figured out the FlyLady thing and I am an official FlyBaby