Old 03-06-2003, 03:37 AM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default THURSDAY CLUCK (March 6)

Sneaking in just after midnight. That's the only way I ever get to start the daily. My fingers don't function too well in the morning.
Nothing too exciting going on around here. We're supposed to get some snow flurries tomorrow and I hear it's snowing heavily in the mountains east of us, but it's still quite warm(currently 6C or 43F). I'd be quite surprised if we actually did get some of the white stuff.
Ruth, I hope you're feeling better. Sometimes the meds can make our bodies do strange things. Probably best if you are stuck at home if you're not feeling too swift. Just think, you will be here in a month. Wahooooo!
Now I've forgotten all the other posts I wanted to respond to. Darn. Having a senior moment.
Oh well, I will catch up with you all later today. Time for me to go to beddy-bye.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Eastern Chicks, and sleep tight, LindaBC.

I've decided we are in a new Ice Age and I missed the announcement in the paper! We got ploughed twice yesterday!

Not much new. I've been scraping wallpaper for years it seems and am still not half done. I should have rented a steamer but we were snowed in, of course. Kevin has still not come back to do baseboards but that's OK.

Can't hang out in the Coop this morning as I need to make several loaves of sandwiches for a Farmers' Luncheon - sturdy sandwiches, not wussy little pinwheels.

Have a Thimply Thuper Thurthday!
Old 03-06-2003, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone! Well, it's ark-building time, someone call Noah. We are covered in rain, our yard is looking like a lake, and it's coming down so hard visibility is terrible.

The diet is not going well, hoping I'm not doing too much damage with the goodies people keep bringing to work and LEAVING ON MY DESK! Why do they do this to me? Like I have the will-power to say no. Don't want to hurt their feelings, after all.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day, remember, it's almost Friday! Talk to you later.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:31 AM   #4  

Good Thursday Morning Chickies!

Two weeks ago I could not fall asleep and now I cannot get enough. I had a nap after work and then went to bed at 8:30 and slept in until 5:00 (I normally get up at 4:00). I think it is this extended winter weather that is messing with my sleep rhythms.

Linda ~ Nice to see you starting the daily! Will you be checking in again at the end of the day?

Ruth ~ I think I missed the news also. We received about 8 inches of snow early Wednesday morning and did not get ploughed out until last last night.

Goodforme ~ Maybe you should bring in some of your own low carb treats to place on your desk along with all of the well-meaning higher carb treats.

Have a great op day!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:57 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Angry Good Morning Ladies

It rained all day here yesterday, and over night it decided to freeze up, and now its snowing!!! Really dangerous stuff!

I didnt go to belly dancing classes last night, I called and had myself switched to the saturday classes. Ive never been one to go to a class of any sort after supper. Once the dishes are done, I really dont want to go anywhere (unless its shopping) So Im on for Saturday mornings now

Well, if Ruth is right about the ice age, then I may as well shut the store doors til its over........nobody shops the main drags in this weather I have my fingers for warm weather and more days at the store like last saturday.

We have a rep coming in today at 10, with some new products from the companies she represents. Should be fun....its very difficult sometimes to NOT spend too much money

I hope everyone has a great day
Robin
Old 03-06-2003, 09:15 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone!
It's very rainy here today. Our yard, street, flower beds, etc. are all flooded like yours, Goodforme. I had really hoped to work in the yard today, found some gladiola bulbs yesterday, and was all excited about finding a spot for them.
Ruth, can I have a bite of one of your sturdy sandwiches? I would love a piece of bread right now. sigh
I hope everyone has a great day, whatever the weather. Be careful if you're driving. Goodforme, if you're building the ark, could you swing up here and get me too?
Annette
Old 03-06-2003, 09:28 AM   #7  

Morning to the Coop!

Well, I am just praying that today is better for me than yesterday--Sheesh! I am drinking unleaded Starbucks coffee right now--hope it does the trick for me! It is another SNOWDAY here-I think our poor kids will be going to school clear through July--the last I heard the last day was extended to June 12th--it has to be up to June 15th by now!

Well girlies-not much going on now--just waiting on Ruth to bring me a sandwich
Robin-let us know about the belly dancing--my belly dances whenever I walk I may need a class to train it a little!
Goodeform--I feel for you-if it is in my face-I'm gonna eat it! Or drink it....or swallow it...or..you get the picture!

Well-I'll be checking in later--STAY OP!! LET'S HAVE ONE GOOD DAY TO BRAG ABOUT!!

mis
Old 03-06-2003, 09:35 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Boooo ger
Old 03-06-2003, 10:06 AM   #9  
Ready!!!

Morning Chicks. Today I am at home [my day off] with a sore throat kind of cold?? It seems like it is in the bottom of my throat???
Was at the Dr, yesterday for the results of my back exrays. I have [spelling please]arthartus starting so I have to take care of my stomach muscles, walk tall, keep my weight down, all the things I know. I went to tops last night and gained 4 pounds. I was happy to see this as now I know, I must get searious.

Mis-To answer your question the rec room flooding, it seems to be under control. No, insurance will not cover it. But what the heck

Dyan- I want to know how you spend $15. dollars and save $27????

Well off to get coffee and watch some cartoons.
I feel like toast and jam.
Live Tazcat
Old 03-06-2003, 10:40 AM   #10  
CatGal

Good morning Thursday Chicks!

It's snowing here again today! Grrrr! It started off as sleet and made everything into one big sheet of ice and now if full out snowing! I am done with this winter!

Not much to say or add.. Just wanted to check in and say hi!
GinaMarie

Oh yeah! For those looking for homes on Long Island! A house around the block from me just went on the market. Cute 3br ranch I suppose...
Old 03-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #11  
It's MY Life

Hi Everybody!! Remember me! I'm that big thump you heard fall off the wagon back last fall!!!! I just had a few minutes to check in and wanted to say hello to everyone!!! I "see" lots of familiar faces and some new ones! Busy lives here as usual. DS is winding up basketball season this week. He played both Fresh/Soph and Varsity which made for a long season! Track has already started so he will turn in one pair of sneakers for another on Monday. He is going to be in the school musical again this year--"How to Succeed At Business Without Even Trying" I am glad that he is doing it, he really enjoys it. As for me.........I have not even really pretended to diet or exercise for so long it scares me.. The jeans show it too!! I am hoping that the fact that spring is almost here will get me going!!!! Wish I had more time to pop in here--it always seems to help me "stay the course" You all be good girls and take care of yourselves!!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:30 AM   #12  
Big Loser

Morning ladies!!!!

Fairly pretty here today! No rain for a change, got the vehicle washed this morning it was nasty - taking the kids to Ringling Brothers tonite - they are so excited.!!!!

Hope everyon has a great day - I need to locate a salad for lunch!!
Old 03-06-2003, 12:10 PM   #13  

Hey, AdoAnnie! Great to see you! I agree with you about being happy spring is on its way so I will maybe, possibly, FINALLY get into the mindset to do something about this body! For me, the next 6 months are going to be extremely full with BASEBALL so maybe I won't have time to keep stuffing in the carbs?

Stop by when you can -

Kel
Old 03-06-2003, 12:59 PM   #14  

Anyone good at public speaking? Gulp...I have to get up in front of the staff at an All Staff meeting tonight and present a letter drafted by the executive about what's gone on as of late. The president can't be there, so as the VP, I have to go--YIPES! I hate public speaking, my heart always jumps in my mouth and my tongue tastes like sandpaper. I am sooooo not looking forward to this!

So far, we've had a quick play at the drop in, and then gone to Miree's dental appointment. She's so cute when she goes, all excited becasue she knows at the end of it she gets to choose a toy from the Treasure Box. Aaah, to be kids again. This afternoon is swimming class and then a quick run home and I have to get myself together to go to the meeting.

On a gardening side note--Ruth! Linda! I brought in my frozen bulbs from outside to thaw them out and lo and behold some of them are starting to bud! They are just laying in a cardboard pop crate and now I'm thinking I have to hurry and get them in the ground or lose them this spring. What should I do?

Anyways, hopefully I can get caught up later one tonight--hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:04 PM   #15  
CatGal

Pooky! You'll be great! Just imagine them all in their underwear!
Gina