Old 03-01-2002, 07:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Cluck, Fri. MARCH 1

Spring is just around the corner!

New month and new start. They should start all months on a Monday for us 2FC types. (In like a Lion, by the way, snow again last night. However, the "lads" decided to tap and even did a "boil" yesterday.)

Well, yesterday was some day on the daily! We went from way down to way up with silly giggles. Yes, this group is a "clearing" - what a bunch or real and compassionate women - not passionless at all!

This morning I am lying on the bed with Hershey, having a one on one cuddle before we tackled puppy duty. I told her I loved her and a little voice said "If you love me, help me lose this weight and stop calling me The Lump"! I guess my subconcious is a dog - or else Hershey is talented. Anyhow, I am going to give her more exercise - we've already cut the food. I think she has missed out on attention and exercise since the pup arrived.

So my Doc yesterday checked my wrists and has me booked for a "nerve functioning test" and then with a surgeon for a pre-op visit! This whole darn thing may happen faster than I expected and louse up my gardening season. He also suggested Xenical to help with weightloss - I am not sure I want to go for that but do know I have to get this lifelong problem stabilized. At $155 for a month's supply, I may think about it for a while! You take the things at each meal but he says it works if you just take with a high fat meal - like bacon and eggs. The side effects do not always happen but ... who needs more crap in their life!

Off to the bank this morning to get bar and ticket floats and cash to pay a band. We have a "Beach Party" Dance in the Fair Hall tomorrow night. This will kind of kick off the Spring season around here. Let's hope there is no snowstorm although most of the dance folks drive 4-wheelers. Dh can't dance, of course, but I may pop in for a bit. The band plays 60's stuff so it could be a real nostalgia trip with an older group or dancers - which means the bar receipts will be down!

Have a great Friday, Chickies.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:06 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ladies,
My littlest man is home with me today, so I think we will do breakfast out. Then return the tiles that won’t work. I found a cute tile yesterday for the kids’ bath. It is from Villory and Boch. It is little boys playing, done in primary colors. As DH pointed out yesterday, which really got my blood boiling; was the new walls should have been plumb and there are no excuses for them not to be. In actuality I like the idea of tile around the sink especially with kids, but annoyed that it is to fix somones mistake and not jut cuse I want too.

I am going to a physic reading party tomorrow. It should be fun. It is done one on one. But a nice group of ladies congregating. I have never had it done and am a little skeptical and curios at the same time. I guess better than spending money on food.

Have a good day all,
-L
Old 03-01-2002, 08:18 AM   #3  

Good Friday Morning, Ruth and all to come!

I cannot believe that it is March already! Lets hope this a a great month for weightloss for us all. We have a busy weekend with 2 soccer games, two basketball games, and baseball tryouts for Don My heart goes out for him. I do not know if I can watch.

I think Peachie coined a new phrase for us all, I love the idea of living in a "clearing."

Ruth, sorry to doc is scheduling testing that will get in the way of your gardening.

Jenni, I think this is one you will never live down!

Tippy how is your cat doing?

Pooky, feeling better? Working today?

Hi L, have fun with your little guy today.

Have a great op weekend!

Old 03-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #4  

Morning....well it is a snowy and cold first day of March here! Explaining in like a lamb out like a lion and all that to my 10 yr dd...while we lay in my bed and she is begging me to let her stay home for the day...

First day OP yesterday in several months except I was too cold to drink all the water...it is a start...being more concious of the low fat stuff being high in sugar...

Well off to do the morning routine...will go to a friends and scrap for a few hours this morning and then off to work today for the weekend...

Hope you all have a wonderful friday and a great weekend...
Old 03-01-2002, 10:09 AM   #5  

Default The weekend is here! Yeaa!

DH took Monday and Tuesday off so we're in for another four day weekend! he's doing some work on the bedroom closet now.
I had to laugh at L144S and her comment about walls being straight. I am willing to bet there isn't a straight wall or level floor in this entire house! We can set a ball in any room and it will roll all over the place!
Brat the cat is getting back to normal! DH saw him playing with a toy yesterday, so he's on his way. The difficulty we're having is feeding separate foods to two cats. I have to sit and put my cane between them even if they are a yard apart!Lordy, I almost say "can" instead of "cane"! Can you imagine what we'd have done with that!
Everyone have a good weekend now and God bless!
Old 03-01-2002, 10:26 AM   #6  

OK

I am still a little embarassed today! Like Chickadee says, I doubt anyone will want to come to dinner any time soon!

I am SO ready for spring. I don't garden but I love to look and smell the flowers. I also am a sunshine worshiper. Not to tan in, just to be in. The short and dark days really play havoc on my mentality. Also, all the winter clothes are dark and dreary, too. So, I'm definitely looking forward to longer days and brighter clothes!

Here is my BIG news today: I have my VERY OWN CRAFT/SEWING ROOM!!!! I actually took the girls' playroom from them because they weren't playing in it - just bringing the toys out to the living room and then dumping them back in on the floor. So, yesterday I bought a folding table and a rolling storage cart and am on my way to a place where I don't have to drag the sewing machine out and then put it all away! Woohoo!!

I hope you are ALL having a good day. I certainly hope the dawn of a new month helps us all with our dreary moods.

Have a great day ladies!
Hugs & kisses!
Old 03-01-2002, 01:18 PM   #7  

Good Afternooon Chicks, weary Pooky here!

LONG morning at daycare and I get to go in for Round 2 at 3! LOL

Feeling passionless a little myself and I'm sure the weather isn't helping me out with this either. This too shall pass

Peach, I'd sure like to share a bit of clearing with you, maybe a coffee and a chat? The perfect way to spend some time in a clearing!

Good, chin up! All this drabness will go away and you will feel better after going through it. Here's a bit of advice that I got from a good friend of mine one time: You can endure anything for 12 hours if you imagined that you had to endure it for a lifetime. I swear, that has helped me many times by remembering that everything is temporary and if I'm in the middle of s--t going on, I know that it won't be for the rest of my life. And I guess this advice is for everyone who's feeling passionless these days.

jenniwookie, you can come to my house anytime for supper, I will do the cooking, OK?

Jenny, I hope you find some time to sit down and relax with all those games and activities going on!

L--I would LOVE to go to a psychic party! Do tell us how you liked it and if he or she was right!

Ruth, glad to hear you're getting something done aboutthat wrist--I have a slight case of carpal and I know how painful it can be!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-01-2002, 04:37 PM   #8  

Hi Shin-diggers! HA! I have been wanting to steal that line of Sooners for ages...why the no show of restraint today? beats me!

I have good news and more good news!

First, and the very best.... I SAW A ROBIN TODAY!!!! I was coming back from my weigh in with my neighbor and we were passing the lake and there it was spring like as could be. I almost jumped out of her cool little jeep thingie. Then, my friend said without any emotion..."there is a duck over there...want me to stop?" Love her, but, she does not have my yen for spring. sigh

more good news? I lost another two pounds! So that is 9.6 for 4 weeks. I'll take it! At weight watchers they give you a ribbon (I want a tassel,come to think of it...I want 2) when you lose 10 pounds. At first I did not want to be involved with the whole thing but now I want it. Of course I am sort of happy I did not get it today because this is not my regular group, (I go on Thursdays) and the leader of the Friday group although, very good pulls out a mini toy plastic saxophone and plays you a tune...then everyone sings...no kidding, this I need? Never thought I would be grateful for NOT losing .4pounds!!!

have a good one chickies....Jenniwookie that whole dish thing made me laugh!

love you guys!
anyone heard from Janice?
AdoAnnie?

peach
Old 03-01-2002, 05:23 PM   #9  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Hey Peach -- that's Howdy Hi Shindiggers!!!

(but you gotta be pretty darn old to remember that one!)

Which makes me think of this:

Oh, baby, come on! Let me take you where the action is!
Oh baby come on...let me take you where the action is!
Oh, baby come on! Let me take you where the action is!
It's so neat to meet your baby where the action is!

Where's Freddy Cannon when you need him?

Anybody else? (creak, creak!)

Sooner

ps Congrats on the good news! Robin, et al!
Old 03-01-2002, 05:50 PM   #10  

ummmmmm.....Sooner?

Who is Freddi Cannon?

and

What is a Shindigger?

I'm so sorry....maybe it is not an age thing at all? yea! maybe it is a regional thing?

I can only hope!

peach
Old 03-01-2002, 06:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Good Friday Evening, All!

I was so glad it was Friday today that I put myself in a better mood. I couldn't stand the weary, dreary me anyway. Thanks for all your kind words, by the way.

Have dd at her little friend's house tonight, am expecting a phone call around bed-time to pick her up. She's so cute today, she was happier than I was.

I'm off to clean and cook and then, maybe, I'll do a little quilting tonight. Hope you are all doing something fun this weekend!
Old 03-01-2002, 06:28 PM   #12  

Default Holy Springtime Batman!

There's a Robin! POW, BAM! I loved that show

I saw one too Peachie (a bird Robin, not a cute sidekick) and just about wet myself I was so excited. Of course, today we had the biggest snow storm of the season, so the poor little red bosomed birds are shivering right now.
Also, I printed out your clearing story. It was wonderful.
Oh yeah, and I would be happy to pull a musical instrument out of my pocket (a grand piano perhaps?) and sing to you any time you lose an ounce. In fact, here's a song for you, just so you aren't disappointed!
(sung to the tune of "I'm a Believer" - The Monkees (sigh, Davey was to die for) version, not the Smashmouth version and I know you and Sooner know that song!)

I thought thin was only true in fairy tales,
And then for someone else but not for me.
Fat was out to get me (na na na nah)
That's the way it seemed (na na na nah)
Being chunky haunted all my dreams.

Then I saw the scale,
Now I'm a big loser.
Not a trace,
Of fat on my thighs,
I'm getting thin, ooh, yeah
I'm a big loser, not a big shmoozer,
I've got pride.

I thought fat was more or less a given thing,
It seems the more I ate, the more I fought...

and so on. You all get the idea. Carry on!

Sooner I didn't do the Shindig thing, but do you all remember HR Puffenstuff (you can't get a little and you can't get enough)? Why Shindig made me think of HR Puffenstuff and Jack Wilde is beyond me, but what a lovely thought for a cold snowy day! I think this proves that we aren't the same person - whew! I was getting worried. I did find a photo yesterday that I will eventually get around to posting.

Jenniwookie I'm doing exactly the opposite of you. I just bought a bunch of storage boxes and am busy packing away all my sewing stuff. I need the space for my ebay-ing and shipping, so it has to go. I seem to sew maybe once a year anymore, so I figured I'll just haul it out when I need it.

I'm supposed to go up to the mountains this weekend for a fun, food filled weekend, but I'm not sure if I will or not. It's really cold and rotten out and I don't want my dogs to suffer. I will feel horrible if I leave them in our kennel overnight because they always sleep inside. So, hopefully I can find someone to come take care of my dogs. I know my husband's reaction to this will be that I'm nuts, but it's below zero every night right now.

I hope each and every one of you has a lovely weekend.
Here's to clearings!
Chickadee
Old 03-01-2002, 08:39 PM   #13  

Default I sure love you guys!

I come here and you make me giggle, ponder, laugh, reflect, tear-up, LOL, etc. We are truely a wonderful group of people!

I loved that clearing thing, Peach. And it was just what I need to ponder: There are BIG clearings, little clearings & clearings that are not obvious in each of our lives. But the goal is not to just bask in that ol clearing forever but just to have a rest, regroup and head back into that forest cuz you never know what is waiting for you in the next clearing. I also need to start REALLY looking for the little, itty bitty, sometimes quirky, clearings in each and every day. They are there but sometimes we just skip over them cuz we are in the market for the regular, conventional clearings and then we get upset because we don't always find them and then we are clearingless! I really like the quest for the clearings also! It gives life a sense of adventure and I always have something to look forward to. So thank you, Peachie, for helping to remind me of what a great trip this ol LIFE journey is.

Take care ladies,

Kel
Old 03-01-2002, 11:36 PM   #14  
WW Moderator

Ruth, you mentioned yesterday that Feb has been such a bad month for people. I feel so relieved that today is March. The past month as been very bad for me. I am tired, I haven't exercised most of the month and I experienced a pretty hefty depression, which isn't like me at all!

Today could have been bad. Ok, actually it sucks because I am mad at my husband, Rob, and I ate about a half to three-fourths of a cup of rice at a Mexican restaurant. On the good side, I did 4 miles on the treadmill, so I hope I paid my pennance for that rice!

I want March to be better and I am determined to get somewhere with this weight! Moreso than my weight, I want to work on my waist and stomach. I'd like to lose one inch on my waist this month. Oooh, I haven't measured in so long. I kinda hate to!