Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Hope for the best for Holly.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:51 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm back from a week in Washington State. A nice break from the heat.
Holly's surgery is no doubt over and she's resting. Now to get the report. I'm hoping for the best.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 05:33 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Glad you were able to enjoy a break in Washington State Alice.

Holly's surgery was done Wed. She is raring to go - with a 3 inch incision full of stitches! My biggest job will be to keep her relatively quiet for the next 10 days.

Unfortunately there was a miscommunication with the vet. They did remove 2 lumps - which were sent for biopsy - from Holly's belly. But the lump I was feeling and was worried about is still there. We have a follow up appointment to get her stitches out and I will have her lie down on the floor and I will put the vet's finger on that lump. I'm hoping it's something to do with having had puppies or similar. I really don't want to put Holly and myself through all of this again.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 06:41 PM   #124  

Oh gosh, Dagmar. That's not good! Did the vet think the tumors they removed were mammary tissue? I hope so, and that they are benign. Then you probably have nothing to worry about with the remaining lump. But what an annoyance to have yet more problems to resolve and decisions to make!

We are having record-setting heat for early September. Sure will be nice to move into some cooler weather in a few more weeks (I hope).
Old 09-04-2022, 05:54 AM   #125  

The vet initially did think the lumps were mammary tumours because of their location. Once they got in there they were less sure. We are guessing that Holly has had several pregnancies. She has large nipples and extra skin on her belly.. I'm hoping the removed lumps were benign and will then assume the last one is as well.

That's the problem with knowing nothing about her past. I can only hazard a guess at health issues. I guess we'll do the best with what we can figure out.

Dagmar
Old 09-07-2022, 05:59 AM   #126  

Cool Recovering well from Botox

I just had my first Botox injection and I understand results can show as fast as 1 week. Can't wait to get rid of my forehead wrinkles!
lasermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 05:55 AM   #127  

I attended a funeral on Saturday for someone my age. He was a "dog beach" friend and a fellow dog walker. He and his wife had known each other since they were 14 years old but didn't get together and marry until they were in their early 50's. She, understandably, was devastated by her loss. It was a sad but joyful service. It ended with the playing of an acoustic version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow".

I didn't register my emotions at the time of the service but they came to me in the evening when I was sitting in bed reading. I ate a whole bag of "cookie chips" which I really didn't want. After all these years of weight maintenance I understood what I was doing. That was a positive. I did it anyway but that's OK.

Dagmar
Old 09-12-2022, 07:33 AM   #128  
Super Moderator

Sending supportive thoughts, Dagmar, for the emotions of a funeral for a person our own age. I still think that only "old" people should die.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:31 AM   #129  

I am boldly going where I haven't gone before - into the world of non-alcoholic spirits. I have ordered gin, tequila, and an aperitif akin to "Aperol" I think. By coincidence the premium "Fever Tree" mixers were on sale at the grocery so next week should be interesting - bevvie wise. LOL

Dagmar
Old 09-21-2022, 01:12 PM   #130  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi!
Mudpie, I'll be interested to know your experience with the nonalcoholic "spirits."
I sometimes will have a nonalcoholic beer (which does have a small amount of residual alcohol--about as much as in a carton of orange juice). It's nice when I want the flavor of beer. But I find I never want a second one, which is a clue that it's truly nonalcoholic! However, it still has the calories, which seems unfair.
A long summer of being indoors here. It's just starting to cool off, which means highs in the 80s instead of the 90s.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:01 PM   #131  
Super Moderator

Have never gotten into the non-alcoholic beer. Let us know how it works for you.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:41 AM   #132  

Bill and JayEll So far I liked 3 out of 5 of the variety pack of Sober Carpenter beers. Hubby, who is a beer drinker, liked only the IPA. I've also tried an orange aperitif - good mixed with a grapefruit beverage, not so good on its own over ice - and a rose wine on the rocks. I really liked the wine. It was lovely to just sit for 30 minutes between work and then housework and have that small break with a bevvie.

After we get back from our weekend away I will venture into no alcohol gin and then tequila, both with Fever Tree mixers.

I think having everything on ice (except the beer) is key to enjoying these beverages.

Dagmar
Old 09-22-2022, 04:44 PM   #133  

Happy Autumn Equinox, everyone! Bill, you must be getting into some fall colors in your area. Lucky you! I really miss that from my childhood. Dagmar, you get a lot of fall color too, right?

Alcohol isn't a part of my life, but I relate to how relaxing and rewarding it can be. Tea in the evening does the same for me.

Dagmar, any Holly news about the biopsies? The older I get, the more I tend to feel more stress than joy with having animals. I keep telling myself that when the old ones go over the Bridge I won't replace them, but then new ones just keep showing up! Sometimes I feel like a mini animal shelter, although I know my pets have a much better life than in a real shelter

Like you, JayEll, our weather has cooled somewhat, although most would argue that we are "cool". We are in the 80's this week, but heading back to the 90's next. Still, much better than 110!!
Old 09-23-2022, 05:52 AM   #134  

Alice Holly biopsies were all negative. Vet was not sure what had caused the lumps but suspects they may have been her body's response to some form of untreated injury.

We gat a lot of fall colours here and the leaves are just starting to "turn" now. There is an art gallery specializing in Canadian works which adjoins a conservation area. Hubby and I usually visit in the fall and spring and take a walk around the grounds after viewing the art. Glad you reminded me of that - we haven't been since COVID got going.

Dagmar
Old 09-29-2022, 12:37 PM   #135  

JayEll, how are you faring in this hurricane??

Dagmar, I'm so happy that Holly's lumps are benign My old dog Spot (my only remaining Border Collie) has a little cyst between his toes. I think it's an abscess because it gets big, then it drains. He's looking really old these days, so I pulled out his papers to see how old. He'll be 15 in December. How time flies!

Bill, I hope you are having some nice fall weather. Ours is still in the 90's but mild days ahead.

I'm going to the mountains one more time on Friday. That may be it for the season.