Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #211  

De-lurking again to say: (well, the cookies really aren't appropriate for this forum, LOL)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14203192_1749489185302271_572838443762449944_n.jpg (45.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 12-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Love that Susie!!!
Old 12-08-2016, 06:43 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
De-lurking again to say: (well, the cookies really aren't appropriate for this forum, LOL)
I am always amazed when people can get a cat to accept wearing anything on their body. This is exceptional (and a really cute pic too).

I think the cookies ARE appropriate. I think all of us maintainers comfort ourselves with food from time to time - just not as MANY times as we did before we were maintainers.

Dagmar
Old 12-09-2016, 05:04 AM   #214  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Friday, and I'm at 153.9. My goal is just to stay below 155 for the entirety of a week.

Unfortunately the contractor told me on Thursday that the cabinetry for the kitchen wasn't ready yet. Probably in the week to come. Yes, we'll be cutting it very close to Christmas. I had no idea at the end of August when I knew the kitchen would need to be redone that I'd still be displaced in December.

I have spent the week doing all kinds of things but not getting those year-end reviews written. I have a deadline of Tuesday. This must happen.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:57 AM   #215  
Girl Gone Strong

Saturday morning, and I'm at 153.7.

It's going to be cold outside today but I am planning a quiet, desk-bound day, which I hope is productive. That is dangerous for snacking or possibly a binge if I become unhappy with my productivity or lack thereof. Also it's inactive except for my morning gym time.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #216  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Saturday evening in San Diego. It has been an interesting conference (Clinical Trials on Alzheimer's Disease) and the weather has been cool but enjoyable. Unfortunately, my flight back to Lansing tomorrow has been cancelled due to weather, and I have a full clinic schedule of patients on Monday starting at 8 am. This means that instead of kicking back and letting American Airlines reschedule me for a civilized Monday AM flight back to my hometown, I now have an all-day journey that routes me through Phoenix and Atlanta, getting me into Detroit at 10 pm. From there, I still need to get back to Okemos MI which is another 70 miles, without a car (which is parked at the Lansing airport). Needless to say, I'm stressed out.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:51 AM   #217  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Andrea, you have all my sympathy and best wishes for as smooth a journey as possible. Horrible.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:30 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Andrea, you have all my sympathy and best wishes for as smooth a journey as possible. Horrible.
Me too Andrea. Winter can be a b*tch.

Dagmar
Old 12-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #219  
Girl Gone Strong

How can this be? It's Sunday. I spent much of Saturday running for the bathroom, due to having eaten something disagreeable.

I get on the scale: 154.4, so I'm up just over a pound.

Yesterday was disappointing. I could not make myself write those reviews. What is the block here? Probably because they're for my two most difficult people, one whom I worry about in the long term and the other who complains vociferously even when he gets the highest possible rating. I need to just do this. And think of a way to write them gradually over the year so I don't have to sum them up in one sitting.

I waste good working time obsessively reading about current events, because I never know what each day will bring.

Andrea, I'm sorry. i just bought tickets for the holiday week while remembering that my mother's getting a snowstorm today Upstate and also remembering that we've been walloped hard down here right around the holidays. The idea of "planning" is theoretical at best in this season.

Last edited by saef; 12-11-2016 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #220  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Safe journey home, Andrea, however Planes, Trains, and Automobiles it be.

P.S. Please hurry your work on Alzheimer's Disease. I'm getting closer.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 12-11-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:46 AM   #221  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning, all!

Things are going well here in the weight loss department. Also in the mood (cheerfulness) department. All these healthy fats I'm eating seem to be doing wonders for that, and for my brain. Feed the brain, starve the stress.

Isn't it good how when you change one thing, lots of other things change too? I'm finding I'm running in slightly different channels on the web and have discovered the Polinquin Group's very well written and informative articles. The ones I've looked at are properly referenced, for example.

Here's one about lean, muscular and cortisol. I've no idea what the PQ does (their About page is not so well written and informative) and I don't need to know. I'm happy to get their tweet once a day and to read one or two articles.

I am slightly over-committed, as are we all I expect, and plan to breathe deeply and not take on board anyone's else's nerves.

Hope your week goes well. Andrea, hope you catch up on sleep somewhere along the line. Saef, hope you get those reports done.

Last edited by silverbirch; 12-12-2016 at 04:53 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #222  
Girl Gone Strong

One report done of five. I started making notes toward a second other as I realized I didn't know what I wanted to say about the person. Still, a long struggle all weekend just for one report.

The scale makes me unhappy: 157. I know exactly why. I made buckwheat soba noodles. I didn't move around very much after a half-hour on the Stairmaster in the morning.

I'm in CT, at the office, about a half-hour later than usual because of the slow chain reaction of cars moving on I-95 at about 20 mph. It's only raining here but there was slush and ice further north.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #223  
Workin' It

Susie - I pretty much decided in June that 2016 wasn't my year. I'm more than ready to move on. With the cookies right now, it seems.

JZJ - I'm going to try to get out for a run on Wednesday. I like the idea of trying the uphills. I'm going to go to a different park than where I fell.

Andrea - I hope you got home safely.

Now I've got a cold, hopefully on the up tail end of it. DH is starting to get sick. My family Christmas with some extended family I have strong political differences with is next Saturday. I have 26 kids to buy for between family and friends (next year I'm putting a stop to this crazy train), and my insurance agent just sent me a tower of treats. See above comment to Susie.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hope you made it home safely, Andrea!

My dh made it home Saturday from Japan (despite horrible weather here).

Wednesday we start ALL the travels. So much that I'm confused and stressed just thinking about it. Wednesday, dh and I fly (ridiculously early) to Phoenix. Weather here looks to be frightful so hopefully the flights aren't cancelled. At the same time, dd and inlaws in Houston will be flying to Phoenix. If all goes as planned, we meet and rent a car to drive to Tucson for dd's graduation on Thursday. Then, inlaws and dd go back to Texas on Saturday, I leave Sunday (alone) to return to work one more week before flying to Texas for the holidays (dh leaves from Arizona to Texas directly). I have two different pet sitters lined up and a million things to do. I will have to close the library Wednesday- Friday this week so I've jampacked Monday and Tuesday like nobody's business. In my trunk are presents to mail so I need to make my way to the dreaded post office too.

Just hoping it all goes relatively smoothly. That doesn't even mention dh's brother and his family that are planning on flying from London to Chicago and then to Houston for the holidays. Chicago looks all but shut down.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #225  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Now I've got a cold, hopefully on the up tail end of it. DH is starting to get sick. My family Christmas with some extended family I have strong political differences with is next Saturday. I have 26 kids to buy for between family and friends (next year I'm putting a stop to this crazy train), and my insurance agent just sent me a tower of treats. See above comment to Susie.
WHAT?!? 26 KIDS??

Andrea, hope you made it back ok and got at least a few hours' sleep. That is just so rough.

Susie, love the Oreo snuggie kitty.
Closed Thread