Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 05:21 AM   #136  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Where are you, again, Raven? Are you in Alaska?

I'm at 154.5 this morning, brought on by salty sausage for dinner and hummus at lunch, and also irrationally believing this is because I changed my ticker from 155 to 153 yesterday.

Yesterday three friends sent me email asking me to return to Facebook. I'd closed my account temporarily on the morning after the election. I may end up back there after all, but it's been interesting to cope with near withdrawal pains from being away. Thanks, Zuckerberg, for monetizing my mode of human connection, which now feels like a necessary utility, like Wi-Fi, electricity, water, heat, etc.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Where are you, again, Raven? Are you in Alaska?

I'm at 154.5 this morning, brought on by salty sausage for dinner and hummus at lunch, and also irrationally believing this is because I changed my ticker from 155 to 153 yesterday.

Yesterday three friends sent me email asking me to return to Facebook. I'd closed my account temporarily on the morning after the election. I may end up back there after all, but it's been interesting to cope with near withdrawal pains from being away. Thanks, Zuckerberg, for monetizing my mode of human connection, which now feels like a necessary utility, like Wi-Fi, electricity, water, heat, etc.
I unfollowed at least half a dozen friends on Facebook. That helped clear up my feed from stuff I don't want to see. I figure I'll try following them again at some point and see what they're posting.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:17 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Since the crackdown on fake news, my FB feed has been less cluttered and I don't feel like I have to second guess anyone. I unfriended some Trump supporters--most of whom where downright mean and said horrible things about the Obamas and Clintons. I don't miss them.

I got up and exercised this morning, that's over two week's worth for me. Unfortunately, my scale doesn't seem to notice.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #139  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Not on Facebook ...

Am being fairly diligent so far today. I have at least considered every mouthful.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #140  
Workin' It

Well, I'm back from the mountains. Had a great, relaxing vacation. Yesterday was my first day back at work and I got up for a run at 6am. 1/2 mile into the run I somehow fell and smashed up my face and bruised myself all over. I have four stitches in my upper lip, seriously bruised and swollen but not broken nose, bumps and bruises and sore all over. My left knee hurts like heck. Welcome back to work. I know it could have been much worse, as I talked to my mom last night who fell on Saturday - she has a huge cut over her eye, a concussion, may have a hairline fracture on her orbital bone, sprained her left wrist and three fingers on her right hand and is bruised and sore all over. We are not a graceful family, obviously.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:31 PM   #141  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Oh Shannon! My goodness! Words fail me really. You poor thing and your poor mother too! Or is that too much to bear?

PS Very glad to hear you had a relaxing vacation.

Sorry to report that diligence has fallen off the agenda. I like routine and today has not had any routine. And it's cold and wet. These are, I know, quite pathetic excuses.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #142  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Oh Shannon!! I'm so sorry. I have damaged myself in numerous falls and can sympathize. And your poor mom!
Old 11-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Sorry to report that diligence has fallen off the agenda. I like routine and today has not had any routine. And it's cold and wet. These are, I know, quite pathetic excuses.
I have my own share of pathetic excuses today too - cold, too much work, had to go back 3 (!) times to get a darn cat to come inside, hubby's off having beers with the boys so I have to walk my own dog for the night walk, etc. etc.

And did I mention that Natalie cat is nuts because she's not going out much?

Had my bout of "I'm angry, tired, sad" snacking around 4 p.m. so will totter off with the dog now and then watch the Teen Jeopardy final, in which some very bright 16 year old will win $100K.

Dagmar
Old 11-23-2016, 04:46 AM   #144  
Girl Gone Strong

Now at 154.6. This is without having eaten Thanksgiving dinner yet, which is discouraging.

Shannon, you're reminding me that the season of black ice patches is on us, though I suspect your fall was just due to an unfortunate encounter with uneven terrain. I am so sorry. How did you pick yourself up off the ground and get to the hospital? Did someone help you?
Old 11-23-2016, 09:58 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm off work today to accomplish a ew things: last minute shopping, car wash, stocking the guest house and work on a few side dishes for tomorrow. It involves a lot of vegetable chopping.

I may also have to take a trip to the DMV...We ordered personalized plates that were to be here 2 weeks ago. No notification that they came in, so I have to call as DH is itching to get them.

My cats, too, want out. Ringo knows how to use the dog door and did go out Sunday. He was cute, wandered around for 10 minutes and came back to be let in (can't figure out the re-entry using the dog door). Culley, who used to open full doors at the office to get out is a total wuss and won't even try the dog door (I guess the noise of the magnets closing scares him). The other ones just whine a bit.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #146  
Workin' It

Saef - it was definitely uneven terrain and probably some distraction at 6:45am. I was able to get myself up pretty quickly, and was very close to the Kaiser urgent care center. There was a nice man at the park who got me some damp towels and helped me clean up a little, and a local police officer in the parking lot did volunteer to drive me to Kaiser. I felt okay to drive the 5 minutes, so went ahead and did it myself.

Today everything pretty much feels numb on my face and achey everywhere else.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #147  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Shannon, I'm glad that you had kind helpful people nearby, that's a big plus.

I motivated to get up early yesterday morning, ride to the campus gym in the dark, and get a hard workout in before work. Then my husband happened to have a bike-maintenance class last night, and I somehow spent the evening mindlessly snacking. Calorie-wise it's not terrible and the workout more than compensated, but I thought I'd broken this habit of "no one's home; eating is unrestricted".

It may be that since we moved in the summer, we've been in a tiny townhouse with one common room that includes the kitchen. With my husband currently working from home, I am never alone in the kitchen for more than a minute or two as he works in the common room. So having the house to myself somehow made me backslide. I keep telling myself that I can eat whatever in front of my husband, but somehow it still triggered long-latent bingy behavior.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
It may be that since we moved in the summer, we've been in a tiny townhouse with one common room that includes the kitchen. With my husband currently working from home, I am never alone in the kitchen for more than a minute or two as he works in the common room. So having the house to myself somehow made me backslide. I keep telling myself that I can eat whatever in front of my husband, but somehow it still triggered long-latent bingy behavior.
JayZee I do that when DH is at band camp. I get a big bag of sweet n' salty popcorn and two beers and go to town. I would probably eat more but usually I fall asleep right after that - around 8 p.m.

I am a total party animal in the winter months

Dagmar
Old 11-24-2016, 05:57 AM   #149  
Girl Gone Strong

On Thursday morning of Thanksgiving, even before the big meal, i'm at 155.1. Yeah, I changed that ticker too soon.

This is due to big dinners -- large bowl of curried vegetables and meat -- and near-sequestration in my hotel room, working, except for daily trips to the gym -- which seems somewhat ironic.

I am jittery about facing the long drive, having heard of a freezing rain forecast for some parts that I will be driving through.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #150  
Girl Gone Strong

Safe at my mother's, and no idea what I weigh.

I'm late getting to the gym today by many hours but plan on leaving within the next half-hour.

Usually, I snack less when I'm here and go hungry for longer periods of time because I need to wait to eat till a mutually-agreed on meal-time. Oh, and by the way, when I'm here, if I overeat, it happens in private, when no one's around. It's definitely furtive and hidden behavior, and probably rebellious or some kind of safety valve release. It's related to scarcity thinking, too: Find the hidden-away treat and consume it before you're stopped and asked to share.
Closed Thread