Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #46  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
he'll see someone being a real jerk and tells me "you'll let me know if I ever act like that, right?" Um, sure honey - just not when you're actually doing it unless I feel like having my head taken off.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 05-11-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #47  
No description available.

Shanna, I hope you feel the love and strength of your family during this time.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Shanna , I will continue to pray for your family at this time.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:46 AM   #49  

Hi girls,

It's the queens birthday, a national holiday, gorgeous weather and I'm painting my second floor woodwork. A Big job, it wasn't touched for 20 years. but IT WILL BE BEAUTIFULL!!!!! Funny to read all your abservations on moodiness, depression etc. I recognise a lot, including the remark about waiting to tell DH when he was behaving like a jerk.

Shane - YES, I would love to take the weight off quicker, but I find it very hard to do so. I will be going for round 2 of the BFL tough, starting on may 12th.

Shanna - thinking of you and your family.

Take care all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Shana - thinking of you and your family during this trying time.

Shane - Hey, just wanted to say - you inspired me by putting down that PB. I am in a spiral of the exact same pitfall. Eating mindlessly, just because something is yummy. I held off on my 2nd raisin toast - all because of you.

Went for a 10K run after work - actually on ran 9 k - walked 1. But still... Did the 1st 5k in under 30min. I am aiming to get my 10k to 54min by the end of summer.

Have a great day all - must get ready for work.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #51  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Sznn, that's a great 5k time! Woohoo!

I'm still POP. Can you believe it? Four days in a row at or about 1400 cals. NINE days in a row under 1800 cals. That hasn't happened in a looooooong time!

Last night I had a dream about the scale. I dreamed that I got out of bed, went to weight myself, but the scale kept telling me I was 59 lbs. I knew that was wrong, so I got another scale. That one, when I stepped on, said 174, then the numbers started going up! 175, 176, 177 and up all as I stood there and watched it. Pretty disconcerting. When I actually got up and stood on my scale it said 146.8, which I'm happy with for now. Tomorrow's my official weigh day and I'm hoping it will be in the 146 range to show a loss.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #52  
Workin' It

Good morning!

Sznn - Great 5k time! It sounds so much better saying "I did 10k last night" than saying "I did 6.2 miles." So, I'll say I did just under 10k last night, but in nowhere near the great time you got! I was quickly walking all of it last night, was still a little tired from the 6.25 Monday night where I ran almost all of it. My best 5k time so far is 33:20, Monday wasn't that good... Working on building back up!

Jessica - Weird scale dream! The 146.8 is cool, though! Way to go POP four days in a row, high five!

Rabbit - Enjoy your painting today!

POP yesterday! Woo hoo! Dinner got complicated - DH was planning to help a buddy move some televisions he bought yesterday into his new house, they closed yesterday afternoon. DH & I ran an errand, got home around 5, were targeting an early dinner for 5:30. I got dinner ready, as soon as we were serving it his friend called and closing was done. DH ran off to meet him, and I hadn't really wanted to eat at 5:30 anyway, so put everything in the fridge for later. (We normally don't eat until around 7). Well, it took a lot longer than expected so DH didn't get home until 9. In that time I did 45 mins of yoga and then spent 90 minutes on the treadmill. Totally lost track of time on the treadmill - we got the DVD player hooked up to the tv on there, so was watching a movie and walking. 6 miles later I had to stop. A little sore today, so held off on the strength training I had planned for this morning.

Good day everyone!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Day 3 of my experiment was different. I had decided not to cook for at least 2 weeks and rely on frozen diet entrees with salads. Well, I decided I missed cooking! I used my new cookbook and had Shrimp with creamy orange chipotle sauce over pasta with a side of sauteed zucchini, yellow squash and red peppers. Yum!

sznn~wow! Incredible time!

While I didn't have a weird dream last night I did have a niacin reaction that was horrible and made me dream of pills.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Allison-- that sound delish!!

My dh is off today to drive to Washington to pick up dd. I didn't sleep last night much at all. Will make for a challenging day. I have a sore throat with swollen glands and a headache, so of course-- during the night I was certain I had swine flu (working at a school in CA near where other cases have been confirmed can make one a little paranoid). Still don't feel good but I think it is just allergies or perhaps a cold. Hoping I get better instead of worse as I have no time to be sick. I am a worrier and know that I'm worried about dh and dd's big drive, so I need to keep my mind occupied.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #55  
Workin' It

Allison - that dish does sound great. You said it was from a Cooking Light cookbook?

Michele - hope you feel better!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #56  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

People who SAY that "every food is OK in moderation," or that "there are no bad foods, only bad portions" have clearly never met peanut butter. Its nutty goodness, its creamy/chunky texture, its deceptively nutritious lipid profile, its siren call from the back of the fridge... It's evil, I tell you, evil!

That's all.
K

Last edited by kaw; 04-30-2009 at 12:07 PM.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #57  
Workin' It

I have a love/hate relationship with my peanut butter... I have to weigh every bit of it I consume, whether on bread, a graham cracker or a spoon. Otherwise, I eat the entire jar...
Old 04-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Man, I am so glad I'm not the only one who goes crazy with the peanut butter!

I think it's the fact it's so sticky and tasty and once you have one bite, you just start craving more and more. The peanut butter companies make it this way so we will buy more (heh heh, if you think about it, you can turn any trigger food-making industry into a conspiracy )
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #59  
Workin' It

On no, not just you Shane! I couldn't eat it at all for years because I went too over the top. It has only been in the last year I've been able to handle it, and if I leave the lid off too long after making a sandwich that control slips...
My favorite favorite favorite is crunchy peanut butter, but DH prefers smooth. I buy smooth. That helps. If I had a jar of crunchy in the house I don't know what would happen...
Old 04-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Peanut butter is a dangerous thing for me. yes, I eat it out of the jar with a spoon. Just like ice cream is eaten out of the carton with a spoon. These are two items I rarely have in my house. I have no will power with peanut butter or ice cream.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote