Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #61  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Robin It was an indeed extraordinary! At least for ANY of us here at 3FC. Having lived on the other side of life, even mundane activities for "normal" folk never cease to be special for us.

I count my blessings every day - life is full of wonderful and fascinating events, that way too many folk take for granted!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #62  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Robin It was an indeed extraordinary! At least for ANY of us here at 3FC. Having lived on the other side of life, even mundane activities for "normal" folk never cease to be special for us.
That's it CountingDown. Now I know lots of folks enjoy the beach, but for me - it's just over the top- out of this world, super-duper, beyond my wildest dreams, I can't believe I'm here, someone pinch me, when am I going to wake up from this dream - special.

And the mundane activities, yup SO special. I wonder though, will that feeling ever cease? Probably to some extent. But for now, I'm lapping it up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #63  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Now that I am just another "average" woman, I am having an extraordinary good time. Or maybe it's just really an "average" time, but for ME it seems "extraordinary".

You know I was on the verge of tears when I read this. I've only got a week and a half of maintaince down my belt, but the feeling is intoxicating. Do you think that *naturally thin* people feel this way, or is it something you only achieve after recovering from morbid obesity? I mean, I just feel so gosh darn great. I've been thin a few short periods on my life, why can't I remember feeling this way? Is this feeling something the *naturally thin* take for granted?

We had several functions over the weekend and I was truly giddy. I seriously felt tipsy without the calories or the hangover! LOL Unbelievable, remarkable, and breathtakingly wonderful. It almost seems like it's to good to last, like something terrible is going to happen, like do I deserve to feel this good? Do you ever feel like that?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #64  
3 + years maintaining

Lori, I started a new thread posing your question. I'm curious to see what the others have to say about it and I thought it deserved a place of it's own.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...things-more-no

Last edited by rockinrobin; 07-14-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #65  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Link repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Lori, I started a new thread posing your question. I'm curious to see what the others have to say about it and I thought it deserved a place of it's own.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...things-more-no
Ooops - to work for me, the link needs to be:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...verweight.html
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #66  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Ooops - to work for me, the link needs to be:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...verweight.html
Thanks Bill!
Old 07-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #67  
3 + years maintaining

I know you're all sick of hearing about my love affair with the summer and all, but I've got to get it out here anyway.

Yesterday for the first time ever I went white water rafting. DH & I & 2 other couples are away for a long weekend (as we speak). I had an absolute BLAST! Well right before we even started I was ecstatic - We get on the raft and one of the men says, "wow, look at your arms. You're really muscular." Okay, then the real fun begins (although that was kinda fun). I was paddling away. They were all so impressed with me. I had the most strength of all the women and kept up quite nicely with the guys. My DH was SO proud of me. He was in the back of the raft and told me just now how he was beaming away seeing me work so hard and enjoy myself so much. He said every time the waters got rough I rose to the occasion and squealed with delight. Probably because I was delighted using my body and participating instead of sitting on the sidelines like I've always done in the past.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #68  
No description available.

I love hearing your NSVs Robin!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #69  
Workin' It

I love hearing about your adventures too, Robin! Your trip sounds great!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #70  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Robin! I LOOOOOVE rafting!!! How great that you could participate, feel strong, contribute! I am jealous... now I want to go...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

This is a silly little nsv. For as long as I was overweight I hated sitting at parties. Especially in the outdoor type chairs. I never felt comfortable, always leaning forward too far. If I sat back I was painfully aware of my stomach sticking out too far. I couldn't sit back and cross my legs so I would lean forward and then my back would ache. Yesterday I went to a party where we all sat and talked for hours, lot's of friends I hadn't seen in awhile. I sat back in my chair and crossed my legs and was comfortable the whole time. Silly little thing, but huge for me!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #72  
Workin' It

Cake, that is so great! Doesn't seem like a silly little thing to me at all!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #73  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I went to a beach yesterday and felt fairly fabulous about the whole experience.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #74  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Yesterday for the first time ever I went white water rafting. DH & I & 2 other couples are away for a long weekend (as we speak). I had an absolute BLAST! Well right before we even started I was ecstatic - We get on the raft and one of the men says, "wow, look at your arms. You're really muscular." Okay, then the real fun begins (although that was kinda fun). I was paddling away. They were all so impressed with me. I had the most strength of all the women and kept up quite nicely with the guys. My DH was SO proud of me. He was in the back of the raft and told me just now how he was beaming away seeing me work so hard and enjoy myself so much. He said every time the waters got rough I rose to the occasion and squealed with delight. Probably because I was delighted using my body and participating instead of sitting on the sidelines like I've always done in the past.
Oh man. I went on a whitewater rafting trip with work probably 30 lbs down from my highest, in July of 06. Let me tell you, it was awesome...until the boat half-flipped and I was OUT, riding a Class IV rapid on my back and swimming frantically to avoid hitting rocks. Afterward, I was SO SORE! If I did it now, I'm sure I'd be better able to stay upright and less sore, but I don't think it would have helped with the falling out...half our boat dumped out, including some mighty fit folks. Still, even at my weight then (250 or so?) I am glad I didn't sit on the sidelines, because it was an awesome experience (except the near-death experience!)
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #75  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8cake View Post
This is a silly little nsv. For as long as I was overweight I hated sitting at parties. Especially in the outdoor type chairs. I never felt comfortable, always leaning forward too far. If I sat back I was painfully aware of my stomach sticking out too far. I couldn't sit back and cross my legs so I would lean forward and then my back would ache. Yesterday I went to a party where we all sat and talked for hours, lot's of friends I hadn't seen in awhile. I sat back in my chair and crossed my legs and was comfortable the whole time. Silly little thing, but huge for me!
This is not silly. I can SO relate to this. I DESPISED chairs of all sorts. They were a huge source of anxiety and embarrassment for me. One of the greatest things about losing the weight was the fact that chairs are no longer an issue for me. Gosh, when typing that out, it does sound kinda silly. But then again - not really. "Average" people surely would not "get this". But I know many of us here do.

Kitty, so glad to hear you enjoyed the beach. I was thinking about this. Had I never lost the weight, I'd probably HATE my body now and would NOT enjoy the beach as much. But coming where I've come from, I don't mind my numerous flaws. I don't focus on them. I focus on all the good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Oh man. I went on a whitewater rafting trip with work probably 30 lbs down from my highest, in July of 06. Let me tell you, it was awesome...until the boat half-flipped and I was OUT, riding a Class IV rapid on my back and swimming frantically to avoid hitting rocks. Afterward, I was SO SORE! If I did it now, I'm sure I'd be better able to stay upright and less sore, but I don't think it would have helped with the falling out...half our boat dumped out, including some mighty fit folks. Still, even at my weight then (250 or so?) I am glad I didn't sit on the sidelines, because it was an awesome experience (except the near-death experience!)
Oh Amanda, it WAS awesome. We had a couple of scary moments. We hit a big rock, one of the men lost his glasses, our raft completely filled up with water. We had 2 buckets with us (lost one) and were throwing the water out I almost fell out, but somehow managed to stay in. It was a little hairy - which made it THAT much more awesome. I LOVED it. Scared. Timid. Sit on the sidelines ME. What an experience. I can't wait till next year, because I warned everyone - we're doing it again.......

Last edited by rockinrobin; 07-21-2009 at 08:20 AM.