Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #16  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
Huge NSV for me - I biked 30 miles on Saturday and had to wait for my DH to catch up! That is what losing weight did for me.
DUDE!!!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #17  
Workin' It

My best friend and his partner came in from Arizona this weekend - haven't seen them since they moved last year about this time. My friend told me how hot I looked, which made me feel great! The best part - when we went from the restaurant to the coffee shop for phase II of visit his partner told him "Shannon looks so great, I'm totally jealous of her muscles and the way she has changed her whole shape this year". This from the runner, weight lifter, airline pilot, fitness guru. Woo hoo!

ETA: Wow Lori & Anne! Those are awesome biking numbers! And Lori, having to wait on DH is even better!

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 04-27-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Oooh..gotta share my other NSV--I ran super far Sat. and Sun.---I guess 6 miles or something. That's about two miles more than usual!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #19  
No description available.

Heh, heh.

My 16 yo daughter came home and told me that her track coach saw me running near the high school today and she thought that I was my 16 yo DD and was trying to figure out why she was out running when she was supposed to be in class. I'll take it!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #20  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

midwife thats awesome! Go YOU, .....ahem teen mom! :-)
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You bikers and runners are just totally amazing. I'm so happy for all of you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #22  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Midwife, that's awesome!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #23  

Thanks guys!!

NSV today: had to leave the car at the shop for brake repairs. Walked a mile and a half home and it was easy (of course! I run at least double that length several times a week).
Old 05-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #24  
Workin' It

I was recently a few people behind DH's ex-wife in line somewhere and she didn't recognize me. She pins all of he dissatisfaction with her life on me and blames me for everything from the national debt to why the siding on her house looks so bad and she didn't recognize me. I look like a totally different person than I did the last time I saw her in a social setting.

Weird NSV, but it made me feel oddly good.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 05-11-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #25  

Cool, Shannon! You are so gorgeous, it's good she didn't realize that you were that hot chick in line behind her. She probably wouldn't have been able to get over it!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #26  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Awesome read, I just love every line of it!

My NSV is that I now run in broad daylight without thinking twice. I used to be so self-conscious that I'd only run under cover of darkness. I still prefer darkness for temperature control, but now if it is light out when it is time to run, then so be it. I don't feel strange or embarrassed when people look at me any more, yay!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #27  
Workin' It

Thanks Midwife! That is pretty cool that you walked home from dropping off your car, and eve cooler that DDs coach mixed you up. Hot hot hot!

Jo - high five for feeling comfy running in the daylight!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #28  

Heh, now I get to walk back!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #29  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Love this thread!
2 NSV for me

Someone I used to work with stopped by our office. His jaw hit the floor and he started stuttering. It was so cute - he blurted out - "you look absolutely amazing, OMG - how did you do it?" The astonishing thing was that his wife (who I had never met) was standing next to him

My spring cleaning NSV - normally I dread spring cleaning. It takes me forever. This year I am in de-clutter mode. I'm cleaning every closet, drawer, cupboard, nook and cranny. It is the most ambitious task I have taken on in a long time. I have been able to work all day with virtually no breaks - up to 12 hours at a time. The old me would work for 30 minutes and rest for an hour.

I'm totally amazed by my endurance - and my knees can take going up and down the stairs all day long without complaining!!!

Last edited by CountingDown; 05-01-2009 at 06:32 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #30  

First, I'm guessing that an NSV is a compliment? I don't know, but reading all your compliments is fabulous.

My NSV? I was at the fitness center last week and a woman I know went by me, stopped, turned back and said "I envy you so much. You look fabulous!" Of course, dumb me, I didn't know what to say. I only said "thanks". I continue to keep in mind that others are watching me (because I get a comment every once in a while from someone I don't even know about my weight loss). I also had someone in the pool comment on how great I'm doing keeping my weight off. They don't realize that I'm working every day to keep it that way and to take off some pounds I've gained. I try not to respond about my struggles because it kind of takes the excitement out of their compliments.

A second NSV happened this past January when I met up with one of my earlier instructors at my preliminary oral doctoral exam. I did the exam and the next day got an email from the past instructor complimenting me on my weight loss. He hadn't seen me for over 2 years and was, at first, concerned that I had been ill and didn't want to comment. He learned the next day from my advisor that I had intentionally lost weight. He wanted to know how I did it and tell me how amazing I looked. It was a really sweet thing that he was concerned about illness and then excited enough to email me about how great I looked once he learned that I intentionally lost the weight.

It's also cute when my older sister in law now introduces me as her slim sister in law. Two years ago, that would have never been done and she certainly wouldn't have introduced me as her fat sister in law.

My only sad thought on the NSVs is that I struggle to accept them. I've found that when I start taking in and accepting the compliments, I sometimes decide I deserve to eat something fattening. Maybe I need to make a change in that thought and go buy myself something (not something to eat) to wear that makes me look hot (like the rest of you are doing it sounds like ! There's the change! I am going to need some new summer tops. I don't have anything that really excites me anymore to wear on top.
goalsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote