3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Chat - Week of November 5 - 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/126489-maintainers-chat-week-november-5-11-a.html)

NightengaleShane 11-08-2007 11:00 AM

Wendalyn, you should really have a vain moment and post before/after pics in the goal section ;)

Skinny is better than FAT, now isn't it? :) Most people don't know what "fit" looks like and only think people are "fit" if they have huge, bulging muscles. They put people into categories of "skinny," "average," and "fat." That's it. So, with your itty bitty waist and tall height, you are ...SKINNY! Own it, everyone who calls you skinny probably wants to look like you.

alinnell 11-08-2007 11:04 AM

Megan~wow. Good thing you went to the doctor! Hopefully you'll heal quickly.

Anne~so sorry about your DD's teacher. That's terrible. I think I wouldn't bring up the subject with your DD unless she asks first. They might, however, talk about it at school.

Silverbirch~we're expecting a Tesco's to be built in Indio this year. I didn't know they did one in Hemet. I may have to drive over for a preview. I think I read that it's a little different than your Tesco's, though.

As for my egg~I'm counting it as two large eggs because it had TWO YOLKS! I added a little egg white (otherwise it would have been too yolky) and ate it for breakfast. So I'm a little over my fat and calorie count for this morning. Oh, well.
Gary~you're practically in my back yard! Whatcha building in Hemet?

MileHighMama 11-08-2007 11:04 AM

Good morning, everyone. Wow, Meagan. A foreign object?! That is incredible. And to think you were calling yourself a hypochrondriac. No wonder it hurt so much. I was thinking stress fracture too because my daughter had one a year ago and they can seem to occur when you don't even realize you have done anything to injure yourself. Too bad you have to wait until Nov 29 to have surgery to get it removed. At least you can do some activity, though. I'm sure you're relieved to know that it isn't some type of injury that is going to keep bothering you...

Anne, that's so sad about your DD's teacher. Strokes are so scary and seem to come out of nowhere...

Lily, I hear ya about the scale. I try to weigh everyday because it keeps from being in denial if I am overeating, in fact, not weighing is how I got so heavy in the first place, but the daily fluctuations drive me nuts too, and mess with my head. Up 1.2 pounds, down .4 pounds, up .9 pounds, Agh! It's not good because I can be doing all the right things and then feel bad about myself because I'm up a pound. How stupid is that? I'm considering going to a weekly weigh in (maybe Mondays) and see how that goes. But then if I happen to be up a bit on a Monday that I weigh, I may get discouraged because I won't see it go back down for another week. At least with daily weigh ins you can get a feel for what your average is... What to do, what to do.

Thanks for the info about how to post pics, Shane. I definitely put some in my signature soon. I found a picture of me that was taken at my high weight and it is so awful I just have to share it. Stay tuned...

Carrie Underwood looked beautiful in that yellow dress last night. I loved that it flowed out from her waist and was so princess-like.

Pam

paperclippy 11-08-2007 11:50 AM

Megan - I just had a thought about your metal object in your foot . . . is it possible that it got in there when you were a kid, and has been there without causing problems for years, but recently got shifted around or something and started hurting? Maybe that's why you don't remember it getting in there?

WaterRat 11-08-2007 01:09 PM

http://64.4.231.233/jpg/image.jpg

This is what we woke up to this morning! :eek: Good thing I had my snow tires put on yesterday, eh? :lol:

Megan - scary about your foot. DH just had a similar experience. He went to the podiatrist about what he thought was a corn or callus that he'd developed that wouldn't go away. Turns out he had a splinter in his foot and the opening - minute as it was - allowed a wart to develop. She dug around - shudder - and got the splinter out and says the wart will like go away without any treatment. He's just happy that it won't interfere with his ice skating (he thought that his skates had caused the original problem).

Well, I was complaining somewhere here that my home scale and my gym scale differed by about 10-12 lbs. Last night I did a WI at WW and it was just about in between the 2. Golly, I need to pick one scale and stick with it. Since I'm paying WW because I'm over goal, I guess I'll take that one. :)

kaw 11-09-2007 06:22 AM

Pat: don't worry, the snow will be gone soon. Just 6 more months, as I recall.. :)

I'm sore this morning. Sore, sore, sore. As in, so sore I had to grab onto the toilet paper roll holder on my way down to pee. Maybe if I'm going to keep doing weighted lunges, I should install handicap bars in my bathroom. I hear it's all the rage in bathroom design ... :D.

Well, off to coffee cup #2, then it's time to begin The Roust, which will be followed by The Delay-fish, The Dawdle, and, finally, The Sprint. Those of you with kids know 'zactly what I'm talking about.

Have a great morning, all!

Kim

LisaMarie71 11-09-2007 06:43 AM

Kery - I don't have kids, but I can picture that series of events. :lol: That made me chuckle.

Pat - wow, snow! Now that I'm a teacher, I have to say I kind of look forward to snow. I'll take a day off any time I can get it. We don't get THAT much snow around here, but we end up having a few days off due to ice and such.

Ugh, I had to eat my strawberry jam on white bread this morning (my husband's bread -- he refuses to switch to wheat) because I was out of my bread. Bad enough I'm eating all that HFCS, I suppose, but then I threw it on some processed white bread. :lol:

Had parent-teacher conferences last night, and most of the parents just wanted to talk about how much weight I've lost and how I did it. One mother actually said, "Gosh I was hoping I could just take a pill or something," when I told her I ate less and exercised a lot. We all know that's what people want, but it was refreshing when she actually just said it. :lol: Now I'm getting a lot of the "you shouldn't lose any more weight" comments, but those people have no idea what's going on under my clothes!

Scale said 161 this morning, which I'm pretty happy about. :carrot: If it says it again, I'll change my ticker. I've decided to do it that way now -- only change my ticker if I see it twice (since I don't have an "official" weigh-in day anymore).

I'll stop rambling. Hope everyone's day is good!

DGAdDawg 11-09-2007 08:40 AM

Kim- I remember being a part of that routine. My favorite move was this: My dad would wake me up. I'd go to use the bathroom...and close the door and laydown on the rug close to the heat and go back to sleep!! When I was younger, my parents said the phrase I used the most was "Hold on!"

I've hovered around 121 this week...I've decided I just want to focus on flattening my tummy and sculpting abs. If I lose a few more pounds, ok then!

Driving AGAIN this weekend...back to Athens for the big Georgia v.Auburn game. Of course gas prices are sky-rocketing when I'm driving every weekend! Luckily when I'm actually IN Athens, I don't drive much like I did last weekend in S.GA....I'm also seeing my ex-boyfriend for the first time since I broke up with him. I'm not sure what I'm feeling.

ok..off to get ready and finish packing up. Have a great Friday everyone!

NightengaleShane 11-09-2007 08:59 AM

Hey everyone!

My boss talked me into applying for a permanent position within the city (right now, I'm a temp). I'd be doing some of the things I'm currently doing, except I'd be using more brain power and getting a significantly bigger paycheck. He is going to put a very good word in for me, and since he has a position of authority, I have a better chance at this position than a person applying from the outside would.

So... prayers, thoughts, and positive vibes would be greatly appreciated! I REALLY want this job; I'd get a GREAT salary (hard to come by here), a GREAT benefits package, and a chance to finally work with people instead of just a computer.

Lisa - :lol: I don't know about you, but I HATE when people ask me how I did it because they don't REALLY want to know. Like you said, more often than not, they just want to pop a pill and suddenly become a magic success story! People are so, so freakin' LAZY.

DG - that's a good decision you made - just worrying about sculpting your abs. I'm doing the same thing, since I don't think my body will let me get down to or stay at my original "ultimate goal" of 125.
Gas prices these days ARE outlandish. And I'm sure the 'dawgs will beat Athens... if they beat the Gators, they can beat anyone ;)

srmb60 11-09-2007 09:19 AM

Morning!

Yup, they get this disappointed look on their faces as if they wanted to borrow my magic wand or something.

My neighbourhood looked about like Pat's this week but it's already gone. I only had to scrape my car once.

LisaMarie71 11-09-2007 10:20 AM

Oops! I just realized I called Kim Kery -- I really do know the difference! I'm sorry! (I was half asleep when I posted, so I'm lucky if any of it makes sense...)

Megan1982 11-09-2007 11:04 AM

TGIF! It is getting downright chilly here, but not nearly as cold as where Pat is! Hang in there, Pat.

It's at least a relief that once this thing is out of my foot it should be a fast recovery, not a persistent problem. The extra-strong Aleve is helping a lot, so I'm not feeling much pain. And Jessica, I also wonder if it's been in there for years and just not been poking anything vital until now. I want to see what it is when the Dr. pulls it out, maybe that will give me a clue! I have to wait a few weeks though. In the meantime I did 15 minutes of elliptical yesterday and when I had to make myself stop I realized how much I really am addicted to working out. This is a good thing! (I think!)

Shane, ooh, big paychecks are nice, benefits are nice, jobs we like are nice. I'm sending good wishes you way. :crossed: When do you find out if you got it?

DGAdDawg, I agree, sounds like focusing on flattening & sculpting rather than the scale will be better for your mindset. I know, we're all feeling the gas prices! Right before Thanksgiving too.

LisaMarie, you don't know about the magic pills???

Just kidding. Yup, I get that too. "How did you do it?"..."I eat less and exercise more." "Ohhh...:("

Kim, you could start a trend in bathroom design!

Tomorrow night I'm going to a bachelorette party for a friend who's getting married over Thanksgiving. I expect nothing but craziness from these 11 women who are going. Good thing I'll have Monday off to recover. What are everyone else's plans? Have a great weekend everyone!

DGAdDawg 11-09-2007 11:32 AM

I get the "How'd you do it?" too! A woman I used to work with asked me and I just said "I stopped eating out as much and starting walking a lot(to and from campus, all around campus). SHe was like "Oh...I don't eat out much. But I don't walk". What? Its the cheapest and easiest exercise out there!

srmb60 11-09-2007 11:51 AM

I think it's Meg who talks about when folks say ".... I don't eat much ..." Red lights go off for me too. I think they probaby eat waaay more than they think.
I know this from personal experience ;)

alinnell 11-09-2007 11:56 AM

Walking is the easiest and cheapest exercise. That's how I started out! 4 miles 6 times a week. I wish I could keep doing it but a job got in the way!!!

I'm struggling with my weight but I have big plans. This weekend I'm going to do a lot of planning and will cut out breads and pastas for the next month to get back on track.

DD and I met her photographer yesterday and he unveiled her "composite." When we went for her senior shoot a few weeks ago, she brought her band uniforms and several instruments. He took the best of those shots and made a composite that will hang in his front window for the next few months! As soon as I get the photos, I'll scan it and post it. I'm quite proud! In the mean time, here is one of them:

http://www.markdavidsonphotography.com/Seniors.html

I know, there are a lot of kids on that page (and I know the majority of them!), but Dana's is on the second to last row, middle--the one with the bass guitar. Here is another from last year's jazz band:

http://www.markdavidsonphotography.com/Groups.html#7

Okay, enough bragging. Gotta get to work! HAve a great day everyone!