3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Chat - Week of November 5 - 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/126489-maintainers-chat-week-november-5-11-a.html)

Meg 11-05-2007 05:08 AM

Maintainers Chat - Week of November 5 - 11

Good morning! :coffee: And how was everyone's weekend? The time change goofed me up a bit and I was tired all day yesterday, but hopefully I'm readjusted today.

DH and I leave for New Mexico two weeks from today for DD's wedding, so we're in the home stretch of wedding planning (Jessica can certainly sympathize!) I have some phone calls to make today to straighten a few things out, but everything seems to be remarkably under control (have I just jinxed myself? :lol: )

OK, time for one more mug of coffee and then I need to get psyched up for the gym. I'm planning on a heavy weights/low reps week so need to be feeling strong. :strong:

Lily, how is your sister doing? Are they still planning surgery for today?

rockinrobin 11-05-2007 06:03 AM

Good morning everyone.

Meg, iit's getting down to the wire. It sounds like everything is running nice and smoothly. Hectic, I'm sure, but sounds like you're right on top of things.

The time change has messed me up as well. I had been sleeping a bit later the past couple of weeks, later then my usual wee hours of the morning wake, now with the time change that's right out the window and I was up at 4:40 this morning.

Went to a party yesterday at a Chinese restaurant. Had Chinese food for the first time in just over a year. It was good, not great. I enjoyed it and I'm sure the scale will be up this morning, but with good on plan eating, will be back down to ticker weight by the end of the week. That's been my version of maintenance these past few weeks and I am quite happy with it.

After having a lovely weekend, the thought of going to work today and the new job is not quite as exciting as it was last week. I'm sure this routine will just take some getting used to.

Lily, yes. Please let us know how your sister is.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Kery 11-05-2007 06:14 AM

'Morning everyone (although it's already lunchtime here).

Lily -- I second what Meg and Robin wrote. I hope things will go alright for your sister all the same.

My week-end wasn't great, so don't be surprised to see me loom over the accountance threads and other similar things in days and very likely weeks to come, too. I'm getting rid of calories counting for the moment (of counting, mind you, not of being reasonable and watching my portions! :)) because all of these numbers are seriously messing with my head and making things much worse. But I still plan on journalling my food intake to keep in check and make sure that pasta at every meal doesn't start invading my diet again.

And the gym and its lovely weights room is open again this week! *bounces*

joyofsix 11-05-2007 07:05 AM

Good Morning everyone. We had a good weekend, except for my Colts (weep). Food was good, not great. I actually got in some yoga on Saturday. I'm feeling generally hopeful this morning as I have my greek omelet and coffee. We'll see how I feel at 10 o'clock, LOL

Meg-good luck on that wedding home stretch
Robin-I love chinese food. I'm glad you did ok at the party.
Kery-Journalling is where I'm at too. Hang in there.
Lily-I'll say a prayer for your sister.
Everyone else-Have a great week.

AnneWonders 11-05-2007 07:51 AM

I'm hanging in. Just barely, but making it. I've pretty much given up everything except the basics of taking care of DD, feeding myself and basic grooming, and work. Other than that, I'm asleep. And I'm still exhausted. This week is going to be bad, since DH has to work late 3 nights. I'm seriously thinking of getting a babysitter. Anyway, not much to report since I'm sleeping every extra moment. Hoping this lifts soon--it is just ridiculous.

Anne

Megan1982 11-05-2007 08:38 AM

Good morning everyone,

I had a great weekend. BF and I had fun playing "house" on the sailboat and all of our friends came to visit during the festival. Even though the boat is docked right next to all of the food vendors, the constant fried food smell had no effect on me, and I just ate the food I brought, and a few glasses of wine Saturday. I think (I hope) I'm getting better at dealing with "big" social events and food. BF actually pleasantly surprised me. He had also gone to the grocery store to get sandwich meat etc. and got wheat bread for me. He didn't want to eat carnie food either. When I asked what he wanted me to bring for dinner Saturday, he begged me to bring a salad saying he was "salad deprived". Crazy man loves his veggies. We must be meant to be, lol.

After running the 5K Sat. AM I have forced myself to accept what I've been trying to ignore for a week. I have some kind of injury to my foot, and need to stop doing weight-bearing cardio and standing unnecessarily for a few weeks and see if it heals. If not, to the doctor I go. It seems as if something (um, tendon? ligament?) is inflamed at the joint where my pinky toe branches off from my foot. It is extremely tender, hurts just to touch it. I'm not sure why there b/c that's not where my weight falls when I do cardio, it falls on the ball of my foot. But anyway I am going to expand my weightlifting a little bit, maybe see if the exercise bike doesn't bother it, and be extra vigilant about my eating. With the holidays coming, I'm especially unhappy about this...grumble grumble...but I don't want to do any permanent damage to my body.

Maybe I'm one of the runners who keeps injuring themselves... :shrug:

Anne, :hug:. If you can afford it, why not hire a babysitter to watch DD for a few hours so you can get some sleep and catch up. Maybe a maid service?

Lily, how is your sister? I'm sending my good thoughts her way.

Shane, Ennay, baffled, my boobs went from a C cup to a very scanty B when I lost 60 lbs. As my body "settled" into its new weight was a little fat seemed to go back to that area, but not much! But then I went on BC pills. Now I will never go off of them b/c they definitely made the girls bigger, and I like it! (If only the BCP didn't make my tummy bigger, too.) I don't have too much trouble when I'm exercising, but the rest of the time I secretly wish for a little more up top.

Hi everyone else. I hope everyone's weeks are starting off well.

Libby1972 11-05-2007 09:02 AM

Good Morning Friends:

Meg - How exciting that your DD's wedding is so close and in such a ROMANTIC Tropical location! I'm jealous! Hope all the last minute plans come together quickly for you! Best of luck with your work outs!

Robin - Chinese food is a risky thing to eat when you're trying to be healthy. Steamed is the way to go. I had Chinese on Friday and it was steamed with a light teryaki sauce. It was good. Hope the job will get better soon!

Lily - Hope things go well with your sis and please do let us know how things go soon.

Kery - Calorie counting is teadious! I agree, but just make sure you are getting enough calories. I stopped for a couple of days and kept up with my working out, went back after the fact and I was extremely low doing it on my own. I, personally, need to keep track.

Joy - Greek omelet sounds great! Please give me your recipe.

Anne - Sorry you are so exhausted. Hope things turn around soon. Fall is a funny time of year for me. Not sure if that might be it. Try and get some walks in with your DD when you can. Those always lift my spirits! :)

Ok....my weekend, wasn't ideal eating at all. I had a lot of stuff I usually don't eat. On Friday, I had 2 crab rangoons (with my aforementioned steamed veggies and chicken). Then Saturday, I had bratwurst, then yesterday I had swiss steak, banana pudding and ICE CREAM! Small portions, but still. I had heart burn and felt like CRAP last night and for a bit this morning. But a good nutritious breakfast did the trick! I feel energized and great. Still had my coffee! Always! :)

My goals for this week: Eat very clean and 75% vegeterian! Need to flush the crap out of my system. Work out every day as usual. Water water water!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely week!

evilwomaniamshe 11-05-2007 09:39 AM

Morning everyone,
This weekend I finished up all my christmas shopping, so that is now all done! Yes I admit, I am one of those very organized individuals, what can I say.... Saturday I was 2 pounds under my goal weight, but sunday night I induldged in pizza and a few other bad choices too, so hmnnn it is no surprise that today I am up 2 pounds, but I am sure it is just from sodium etc. and I am not too worried as today it is business as usual for me with healthfare and exercise, so I will get them off soon! I already have an hr workout in today, after my healthy breakfast I will do some weightlifting etc.

Megan, hope your foot injury heals, that bites having to deal with an injury like that! Yeah on your healthy habits sticking...

Meg, how exciting a wedding.

Robin, yum chinese my fave, hope you had some chicken with brocolli for me!

Kery remember none of us are perfect. I wasn't a total saint this wknd either. Its all about consistency not perfection remember!

Lily, your sister is in my thoughts, wishing her the best.

Joy, sorry bout those colts

Anne rest up. sorry to hear your get up and go has gone up and left.

Libby sounds like your portions was control able anyways, mine we huge!

To all the bb gals, be happy you were blessed with them, hey night my runner friends wear 2 sports bras at a time, that'll keep the girls down even more, maybe give that a whirl. My 2 cents on sports bra, I am not a fan they give me the dreaded uni boob! I run from time to time, but then again I am a member of the ibtc, so no black eyes for me!
~wendalyn

Can somebody please share with me what dd, dh, ds etc stand for? For the life of me, I can not figure it out and I am totally clueless reading this in most peoples posts? Just for the record, I am really brunnette too, but I seriously don't have a clue what it means. Now don't laugh but when I read them all I think of is dh-divorced husband, ds-divorced son, dd-divorced daughter, but I know this can't be so.... I hope you guys aren't laughing too badly at me, but seriously it is driving me crazy not knowing what these initials mean.. Ok, please do share..

Kery 11-05-2007 09:40 AM

Libby -- I'm more worried about the contrary, to be honest. :lol: That's why I'm going on journalling. I trust myself to know what foods are good for me, but not to keep in tight enough a control if I don't at least have some form of accountability (and journaling without counting is the least tedious method for me). I'll see quickly enough if I'm too low, I guess; on such days, I tend to be even colder than usual and very cranky, which are sure signs that something's wrong. And if I'm too high, well... the pants will get tighter, won't they. *a-hem*

AnneWonders 11-05-2007 10:02 AM

wendalyn,

DD = dear daughter, DH = dear husband, DS = dear son, DF = dear friend, etc.

Except once in a while, I don't mean "dear" when I type DH. :)

Anne

joyofsix 11-05-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe (Post 1918479)
Morning everyone,
This weekend I finished up all my christmas shopping, so that is now all done! ..

Fingers in my ears la,la,la,la,

Dh is dear (or something else if you're mad at him) husband
ds-dear son
etc.

NightengaleShane 11-05-2007 10:13 AM

Hey everyone!

I'm enjoying my day off from work and using it to apply for other jobs :lol: Seriously, while my job does not completely suck, it doesn't pay me nearly enough and I know I can do better, because I have in the past.

Exercise wise, I'm probably going to go running in a little bit. I woke up with plenty of energy... that always happens on days where I don't work ;)

Megan - eeeek!! That bites that you keep getting injured! :( You might have just torn something that now needs time to heal. Give it a week or two - running injuries are pretty common, and it is most likely nothing serious :)

It's amazing that you can resist carnie food. The smell of it first makes me hungry, then makes me nausious, if I smell too many burnt hot dogs :p

Wendalyn - I haaaate Christmas shopping. Overcrowded malls bother me... I hate being so close to other people that I can smell the nasty combinations of their sweat and deodorant while waiting in endless lines just to buy a few potentially overpriced items! :mad: I'm not the biggest mall person... though I'd probably love them a lot more if I could afford tons of frivelous crap!

Lily - I second robin, Kery, and everyone else - I hope everything gets better for your sister - she is in my thoughts and prayers :)

lilybelle 11-05-2007 10:15 AM

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers for my sister. She will be having surgery this afternoon. I'm not sure when the pathology report will come back. She is starting to feel a little better and her sugars and blood pressure is getting closer to normal. I'll check back on her this evening and see how everything went.

Anne, I hope you can get plenty of rest. There is nothing at all wrong with hiring a sitter so you can get the rest your body needs . (I was always totally exhausted with pregnancy and remember how hard it was).

I started the C25K program last night. I'm going to have to take it a little slower than what is on the schedule, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I had a perfectly on plan weekend with my food and exercise. I'm now over the really bad cravings and feel like I'm in my zone again. I have restarted my SB induction and I have to say that eating the beans with my evening meal really helps keep my tummy full and keeps me from wanting to graze. DH comes home from work tomorrow and I vow to not let his presence for the week derail my eating plan.

Megan, sorry to hear about your foot pain. Maybe the exercise bike will work great for you during this time.

Lacy got a little upset with me last night cause she wanted to go out to eat, but I wanted to eat at home. It is just so much easier for me to stick to plan when I cook my own food. Then, after I made us a grilled chicken salad, she ended up loving it and saying how perfect it was.

Evils, I believe that DH usually stands for Dear Husband, DD is Dear Daughter, DS is Dear Son.

Meg, the wedding is coming up really quickly, how exciting.

robin, that Chinese food sounds yummy. I think I've only had Chinese stuff once in the past 2 1/2 yrs. But, it only took once to learn I wasn't very good at navigating a Chinese buffet. Maybe I could learn how to cook a healthier version of it at home.

I helped Lacy catch up on 3 biology assignments from her being sick last week. It was like pulling teeth, but we got it done.

evilwomaniamshe 11-05-2007 10:21 AM

Thanks you guys for clue-ing me in! :frypan::rollpin::stars:

Well I've learned my something new today thanks to you peeps..

Megan1982 11-05-2007 10:35 AM

wendalyn, along those lines I also use BF to mean boyfriend, and as follows:
GF = girlfriend
SO = significant other
DS can mean dear son or dear sister, to me, likewise DB = dear brother
etc.
:)

DGAdDawg 11-05-2007 10:46 AM

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was full of driving--- 6 1/2 hours down to South Georgia for a baby shower.

Significant change in my tickers..apparently the scale I've been using is 8 pounds off! So I'm actually above 120...This means I have to kick it into high gear! I adjusted my goals...hopefully I can hit it by Christmas.

Just dropping by---at work. Have a great day!

paperclippy 11-05-2007 11:43 AM

Hi everyone! Well, as usual I screwed up my eating this weekend. :( I'm retaining 3lbs of water today. While I ate more than I should have, there is NO way I ate enough to gain 3lbs! Not even enough to gain 1lb. Anyway I was down to 134.6 on Friday morning and today I'm at 137.4. Hopefully drinking lots of water will flush my system. Also hopefully I don't screw up again next weekend.

To the ladies with problems with "the girls" bouncing during running: I highly recommend this bra: The Shock Absorber. I bought one (the D+ Max sports bra model) a few years ago and while I need a new smaller one it still works great. And my boobs are unfortunately huge (I wish more weight had come off of them during weight loss) so if it can stop me from bouncing too much it will probably work for you too!

Lily - I hope your sister's surgery goes okay!

Megan - sounds like the festival was fun!

About running and injuries . . . I have kind of mixed feelings on this issue. I do think that you can't just dive into running and work up to extreme distances too quickly. I think the 10% a week rule is pretty good (don't increase your distance or time by more than 10% a week). I didn't follow it, and I screwed up my knees. However, I jogged for a year, lost lots of weight, and built up lots of strength and endurance before I started overworking myself. Plus, I apparently have weak tendons in general, judging by my chronic tendinitis in other joints, so I may be an abberation.

I tried C25K a little while ago to try to ease back in to running but it turned out to be too aggressive for my knees. It definitely doesn't follow the 10% rule. Just something to think about.

I also think one of the worst things you can do when you start out running is to take "run" literally. You don't have to run for your life if your plan says you have a "run" interval. I plodded along jogging at 4mph for ages, and I can walk faster than that. Even at the height of my running fitness I couldn't run a mile in 10 minutes. You don't have to be fast to enjoy running or get health benefits from it.

Anyway I still want to work back to jogging. I'm really not sure how to go about it. I know I should strengthen my leg muscles, but pretty much every single leg strengthening exercise I've tried has been WAY harder on my knees than running is. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of my knee problems started from doing lunges and squats instead of from the running I was doing, since I didn't start doing lunges or squats or anything like that until I was pretty fit. The leg press machine, any sort of lunge/squat, hamstring machine, stepping up and down a stair, they all make my knees hurt, even when I put the weight on the minimum possible. The only sort of leg exercises I've found to be comfortable are leg lifts, and honestly they are kind of boring and require a lot of reps, plus I'm not even sure I know what muscles I'm working with them.

Okay, enough rambling. It's almost lunch time! :lol:

clvquilts 11-05-2007 11:59 AM

Friday night, I met DH in NYC for dinner before we went to a Blues dance party. We went to Saigon Grill near Union Square (14th Street & 5th Avenue) which is a wonderful Vietnamese restaurant. I had a beef, eggplant, green been, green peppers, and onion dish in a spicey curry with coconut milk sauce. DH had a great chicken dish. For starters, we had grilled vegetables with a sate dip.

We wore costumes to the Blues dance party. I was a cat again and DH borrowed a Pharao costume (spelling) He looked like King Tut. We haven't Blues danced before and since he's still nursing his broken collarbone. We only swaded to one song. It was fun to watch the young people at the party doing all kinds of twirls and dips. I'd like to try this type of dancing again.

The great thing about the host's apartment wasn't the apartment itself - which was decent sized based on Manhattan space, but the terraced deck he has all to himself. It's at least 10,000 square feet and wraps around the building in such away that you can see 3/4's of NYC. It's just magical. Can't wait to go to one of his parties out on the deck in the spring or summer time.

Saturday was a lazy day for us. We watched movies on Cable and then went out for Indian food. I had vegetable thali which came as 5 different vegetable dishes in little bowls. One was spinach with cubed cheese, another was a coconut milk with califlower and pepper, another was yogurt which I put my salad into, another with a lentil puree, and the last was a spicy chickpea dish. It came with rice and naan bread. It's the second time I've ordered this at this restaurant and I'm sure I'll order it again next time.

Sunday, we drove up to my brother's for his b-Day and so that DH could meet our 2 month old nephew. We had a great dinner of ginger soy sauce marinated tuna steaks, green beans, wild rice, and a fantastic spinach salad with dried cranberries, fresh pears, almond slivers, and gorganzol. For dessert, we had picked up a German Chocolate Cake which turned out to be one of my brother's favorites. I never knew.

MileHighMama 11-05-2007 12:41 PM

Hi everyone,

Lily, I hope your sister's surgery goes well and she gets good news on the biospy report. This sounds like a trying time for everyone. By the way, my 16yo daughter wants to go out to eat all the time and gets annoyed when I want to eat at home to save not just calories but money too. I lost my weight limiting myself to restaurant meals twice a week, once during the week with my dad for lunch and once on the weekends with my dh and dd. It's so much easier to stay on plan at home...

Paperclippy, thanks for the sports bra suggestion. I'm big on top and have a huge problem finding workout bras that fit properly. I'll have to try the shock absorber... You'll have those 3 pounds off in no time. I certainly have been there done that with weekend food.

This weekend was actually pretty good and I stayed on plan most days and woke up to see 139 on the scale. It's still 1 pound higher than my lowest of 138, but at least it wasn't in the 140s which is what it's been the past month or so, thanks to too many meals out and nibbling at home. For some strange reason I feel in control right now.... Actually I think it has to do with shopping. I just bought some new clothes and it feels so darn good!!!

I'm trying to get my wardrobe ready for a lot of events coming up. One is our business is having a grand opening, so I want to look nice for that. Then there's Thanksgiving. We don't get dressed up, but I like to wear something a little nicer than just jeans. And, guess what?! My son is graduating from college on December 15, so we'll have his ceremony on Saturday and then we're having a party for him on Sunday. Oh, and TWO holiday parties on December 8. And then Christmas, so yikes, I want to have a few things in my closet that I can wear and won't have time to shop then as we will be busy with the business.

Good luck with your sore foot Jessica. I hope it heals soon. I had a knee injury over the summer and it was a huge bummer, but it did get better.

Meg, wow, your dd's wedding is going to be so much fun and how nice that your to-do list is winding down. I have a feeling that in a year or two I will be helping my son and his dgf plan their wedding.

Well, time for me to run. Hello to everyone. Oh, and Shane, your ticker is down to 135 and I don't think you mentioned it. That's great!!! You must feel so great, and I'll bet you have abs of steel! :) Enjoy your day off.

Bye,
Pam

lilybelle 11-05-2007 01:20 PM

Jessica, I'm glad you explained the C25K thing. I did my first night of it last night and was a litte disappointed that I was only jogging at 4.2 miles per hr. and felt like it was wiping me out. That is why I mentioned that it will be slow going for me.

Pam, yeah, I don't know why it is that kids (especially teens) always want to eat out. But, I need to eat at least 90% of the time at home to stay on plan and keep this wt. off. Even when I try to be careful with dining out, it seems I always add water weight for a few days.

I'm so happy that I've already done my treadmill today . (I usually only exercise late of the evening). But, I felt inspired after coming on here this morning to get my exercise done early. I'll try to find time to walk another mile tonite.

We're having an unusually warm day of 75 degrees. So, I'm gonna hop outside and mow my yard (hopefully for the last time this year).

ennay 11-05-2007 03:01 PM

Anne - when I was pg with ds I hired the cheapest sitter known to man...shrek. Every...single...day (she was in to repetition at that age) I would put on the movie and then go lie down in the next room. The TV was just loud enough that I could hear it, but not so loud that it disturbed me and I would snooze. I was always vaguely conscious and I would wake up if she needed me or during the final song.

I cant believe this thing is already on the 2nd page.

alinnell 11-05-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 1919065)
Anne - when I was pg with ds I hired the cheapest sitter known to man...shrek. Every...single...day (she was in to repetition at that age) I would put on the movie and then go lie down in the next room. The TV was just loud enough that I could hear it, but not so loud that it disturbed me and I would snooze. I was always vaguely conscious and I would wake up if she needed me or during the final song.

I cant believe this thing is already on the 2nd page.

For me, it was Mary Poppins and Peter Pan (not the cartoon--the one with Mary Martin). DD could watch those every day and not get tired of them!

I'm just dragging today. I've felt for the past two days that I'm coming down with a cold, but it just isn't really turning into a cold. I wish it would so I could get over it.

DD and I went to our Mother-Daughter tea yesterday. I made her cry when I presented her with her tea cup (that's not an easy thing to do--she isn't all that sentimental). Then we came home and went out to dinner. I suppose it was the chicken enchiladas that did it, my weight is up today. Looking forward to my run tomorrow as long as I feel okay.

NightengaleShane 11-05-2007 03:54 PM

Oh, MileHiMama, you are observant! ;) sounds like you have a lot of crazy times coming up! Have fun. :)

So yes - I hit goal today - and I posted a ton of pictures. If you haven't seen 'em already, my pictures are in my sig.

paperclippy - "I also think one of the worst things you can do when you start out running is to take "run" literally" -- you are VERY right. That's probably so many people who just start running continuously get injured. They push themselves much further than their body wants to allow, and they think they're supposed to feel that way because, after it all, it IS RUNNING! ;)

paperclippy 11-05-2007 04:06 PM

Congrats Shane!!! Your pics look great!!

CynamonKis 11-05-2007 09:50 PM

Hi Maintainers:

My name is Cynthia and I hope to be joining you soon -- I have 13.2 lbs to get to my goal weight of 120, down from 180 in 1/07. Can't wait to join you all. Lily, I will keep your sister in prayer.

Cynthia

lilybelle 11-05-2007 10:12 PM

Shane, big congrat's on meeting your goal.

Allison, that sounds like such a special tea with you and your DD.

Cynthia, welcome and congrat's on your wt. loss. You don't need to wait til you reach goal, feel free to jump on in here.

I talked to my sis tonite. The surgery went well and the Dr. doesn't think the mass looked cancerous. Still awaiting pathology report. Linda's main concern was talking to me about food and learning how to eat a proper diet for a diabetic. She mentioned that she wants to have Thanksgiving dinner with my family and asked me to make her a sugar free pie. So, I need to come up with some kind of SF dessert that would be delicious. Since, I take Glucophage, I will join her in only eating SF dessert. She has now been placed on 1600 cal. ADA diet and I know this big change of lifestyle will be hard for her. Does anyone know of any really good diabetic cookbooks that might help?

Meg 11-06-2007 04:46 AM

:welcome3: Cynthia and congratulations on your weight loss! Please join us now -- like Lily said, you don't have to be at goal to post here. We're looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Kery 11-06-2007 05:24 AM

And a quick post today to say hello to Cynthia. Welcome here! :)

rockinrobin 11-06-2007 05:42 AM

Shane, that is just wonderful about you making goal. I'm gonna go take a peek at your pics soon. CONGRATULATIONS on a job done extremely well!!!

Lily, that is wonderful news about your sister. You and she popped into my head several times yesterday. I'm sure you will be a big help to her in her weightloss efforts.

Hi Cynthia!!! Congratulations on your weightloss. Welcome to the Maintainer's Forum. It's a great place to be and yes, please join in NOW. I look forward to getting to know you. Good luck as you ease into maintenance. :)

Hello to the rest of the bunch. :wave:

kaw 11-06-2007 06:24 AM

Morning, everyone!

Just delivered my 'rents to the airport after their 3-week visit. I'll miss them, but I'm also looking forward to getting back into my food/exercise routine. I haven't stepped on the scale recently, but I feel like someone who's been partaking a wee bit too much in mom's home cooking. (She's a reasonably healthful cook, but also a very good one, so I'm always tempted to eat bigger portions than if I'm cooking.)

:welcome2: to Maintainers, Cynthia.

:bravo: on meeting goal, Shane!

No advice here on diabetic cookbooks, Lily, but I'm glad your sister's surgery went well.

Kim

Megan1982 11-06-2007 08:15 AM

Goodness, we have several early birds this morning.

I lifted weights and worked on my core for 1 hour yesterday, and 15 minutes on the bicycle at the gym, resting my weight on me heel and with low resistance. I'm not sure if I should go home and ride my bike today, again just not putting pressure on the top of my foot, or let it be. I am so impatient, and the hypochondriac in me is crying to get out and make me go see someone NOW. This is going to be hard for me.

Kim, I can relate to you completely - it's great to see your family, but nice to get back to your routine too.

Lily, I don't know about diabetic cookbooks either, but I'm glad your sis's surgery went well, and that she seems like she wants to change for the healthier.

If you haven't seen it, Shane has hit goal and posted her story here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...hreadid=126583
Congratulations Shane! Be sure to check it out. ;)

I hope everyone has a great day! :wave:

Megan1982 11-06-2007 08:16 AM

But hey, Lily, since the word "diabetic" is now linked in my post to "information about diabetes" maybe that can lead you to a good cook book.

NightengaleShane 11-06-2007 08:25 AM

Awww, Megan, thanks for posting the link to my story... as if the link in my signature wasn't ostentatious enough ;) :o

You know, there are A LOT of maintainers here and I'm pretty sure not all of you have posted goal stories and photos. Those who haven't should do it.

Welcome, Cynthia! :D You can "join" us now and start posting. No one's going to e-yell at you for having 13 more pounds to lose ;) I, too, started posting here before I was done losing *all* my weight in hopes to get an idea of what maintenance feels like, PLUS I *was* sort of maintaining because the last few pounds took forever to come off.

AnneWonders 11-06-2007 08:26 AM

Hi everybody! Congrats Shane! Welcome Cynthia!

Well, ennay, I tried to take your advice and went to go pick up Shrek, but to my horror it was rated PG. DD is extremely sensitive, so I opted for A Bug's Life which is G. Popped that sucker in and we didn't make it past the mean grasshoppers who came to threaten the ants. Well, at least I think that was the gist of it, because in my weakened mental state the plot seemed kind of complicated! ;) Back to Dora. She did ask to watch "Bugs" this morning, but I'm thinking she was stalling for daycare.

I made it past 6 pm yesterday, even with no real nap. Lasted until 8:40, after DD went to bed and DH and I watched the NY Marathon that we DVRed on Sunday. I actually feel more or less OK today. I think it helped that the cold is FINALLY almost gone after four (4) weeks!

Anne

AnneWonders 11-06-2007 08:29 AM

Shane, I find goal an, um, unhelpful concept, at least for me personally, which is why you don't see it anywhere in any of my things. There is an older section, where Maintainers posted our stories. Lemme find it...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34539

and photos...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34677

Neither of these seem to be used much anymore. But mine is there, and I know some of us other old-timers are there too.

Meg, has the time come to integrate the Maintainer Introductions into the Living Maintenance section, possibly as stickies? It isn't used much these days, as evidenced by the sparse welcome new posts are getting there.

Anne

AnneWonders 11-06-2007 08:36 AM

Rant

Did I mention that one of my coworkers brought in 100 bags of post-Halloween candy? Now I have this to deal with. What are people thinking?

Anne

DGAdDawg 11-06-2007 08:45 AM

Morning everyone! WOW everyone is chatty this week.

Shane-- congrats!! You look great!

Lily-I hope everything goes well with your sister.

Cynthia- Welcome! I'm fairly new here too. Just jump right in. Like you, I still have a bit to lose...but I want to "maintain" and keep that previous 40 off!

::sigh:: This whole "scale is wrong" thing sucks. I still weigh myself on it and just add 8 pounds...so this morning it read 114.5 so its actually(i think!) 122.5. I'm wondering if its going to be possible to hit my goal of 110 because I have much more muscle than I did last year at this time when I hit my low(107...probably too low). and really, its only my stomach that is bothering me! My thighs have toned up nicely, as well as my arms. Those of you who do core workouts...suggestions! I get so bored doing crunches.

Still on the job hunt. I was asked back for a 2nd interview at the place I went to 2 weeks ago. It seems like a nice work environment(The office is really young...most of the AEs are between 21 and 27) but the job seems like it would get old fast. Oh well. I just need a job! I've applied for a bunch the the past 2 weeks. Maybe I'll start to hear something soon.

oh...has anyone else played on igoogle.com?? How did I now know about it til now! You can even track your "moving weight" with one of the gadgets and set it up to get all sorts of news and tips. Obsession.

Off to get ready for work! Its so cold here. Have a great day!!

joyofsix 11-06-2007 09:39 AM

Morning all! I'm on my fourth cup of coffee. But hey, I've been up since four. Yesterday went well until I didn't get to eat supper. That means when I got home from Cub Scouts I sucked up way to much junk-Hershey bar, 2 bowls of cereal, piece of chicken that was supposed to be my dinner. I've got to plan better. Maybe even pre-plate my stuff or something. Getting less busy is not an option.

Shayne-Congrats on goal!
Lily-I'm glad your sis is doing well. I'd search allrecipes or epicurious for good thanksgiving recipes.
Anne-My usual I'm so tired I'm gonna die kid care is to gate us in to a safe room, put on Dora or Barney, etc and have puzzles, or something etc. I try to keep things back so I can offer a puzzle or toy they haven't seen in awhile so it seems new. Color wonder stuff is good if she likes to draw. It won't mark up the wall. And hey, if a babysitter is available, go for it. I remember feeling sooooo tired.
Allison-My oldest dd is a non sentimental type too so when you can get to them it's twice as sweet.

kaw 11-06-2007 10:06 AM

Anne: It took my son a while to warm up to Bug's Life, too, for the same reason. He liked (and likes) Shrek 2 better than Shrek, because of the intro scene in Shrek in which the townspeople chase Shrek with torches.
Curiously, he's always loved Finding Nemo, despite its use of the traditional Disney story line in which the mother kicks the bucket.

Back from my workout, now it's off to work.

Kim

clvquilts 11-06-2007 11:01 AM

Hello Cynthia! You'll find this forum a great place to hang out.

Wow Shane, I didn't even recognize you without your spikey hair in the before pictures. I can tell you did modeling in the past and that you favor your left side.

With all the talk of Jessica's wedding and Meg's DD's, it reminds me of mine. My mom waited 30 years to have mine and she did all the planning. At one point when I made a suggestion of what I'd like the invitations to look like, she got very mad and said, "You got to pick the groom, your dress, and the date, and that's all you get to pick." Then she'd call me 10 times a day at work and tell me all the little details she was deciding on but wouldn't let me have any input. I got really frustrated and told her she couldn't keep calling me at work.

The wedding and reception turned out fantastic. The weather was goregious. The only thing DH and I wished we had was a professional photographer, but my mom wouldn't let us and that begame another big fight. A photographer at a friend's DD's wedding had been rude to my mom and she never got over it...

Since my DH had asked my dad for my hand in marriage, when he lost his job, my dad thought he could call off the wedding! I had to explain to him that DH had asked as a courteous and that my dad didn't have the power to stop me marrying him.

It all worked out in the end and everyone is very happy with everyone else.