3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Chat - Week of November 5 - 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/126489-maintainers-chat-week-november-5-11-a.html)

Meg 11-05-2007 05:08 AM

Maintainers Chat - Week of November 5 - 11

Good morning! :coffee: And how was everyone's weekend? The time change goofed me up a bit and I was tired all day yesterday, but hopefully I'm readjusted today.

DH and I leave for New Mexico two weeks from today for DD's wedding, so we're in the home stretch of wedding planning (Jessica can certainly sympathize!) I have some phone calls to make today to straighten a few things out, but everything seems to be remarkably under control (have I just jinxed myself? :lol: )

OK, time for one more mug of coffee and then I need to get psyched up for the gym. I'm planning on a heavy weights/low reps week so need to be feeling strong. :strong:

Lily, how is your sister doing? Are they still planning surgery for today?

rockinrobin 11-05-2007 06:03 AM

Good morning everyone.

Meg, iit's getting down to the wire. It sounds like everything is running nice and smoothly. Hectic, I'm sure, but sounds like you're right on top of things.

The time change has messed me up as well. I had been sleeping a bit later the past couple of weeks, later then my usual wee hours of the morning wake, now with the time change that's right out the window and I was up at 4:40 this morning.

Went to a party yesterday at a Chinese restaurant. Had Chinese food for the first time in just over a year. It was good, not great. I enjoyed it and I'm sure the scale will be up this morning, but with good on plan eating, will be back down to ticker weight by the end of the week. That's been my version of maintenance these past few weeks and I am quite happy with it.

After having a lovely weekend, the thought of going to work today and the new job is not quite as exciting as it was last week. I'm sure this routine will just take some getting used to.

Lily, yes. Please let us know how your sister is.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Kery 11-05-2007 06:14 AM

'Morning everyone (although it's already lunchtime here).

Lily -- I second what Meg and Robin wrote. I hope things will go alright for your sister all the same.

My week-end wasn't great, so don't be surprised to see me loom over the accountance threads and other similar things in days and very likely weeks to come, too. I'm getting rid of calories counting for the moment (of counting, mind you, not of being reasonable and watching my portions! :)) because all of these numbers are seriously messing with my head and making things much worse. But I still plan on journalling my food intake to keep in check and make sure that pasta at every meal doesn't start invading my diet again.

And the gym and its lovely weights room is open again this week! *bounces*

joyofsix 11-05-2007 07:05 AM

Good Morning everyone. We had a good weekend, except for my Colts (weep). Food was good, not great. I actually got in some yoga on Saturday. I'm feeling generally hopeful this morning as I have my greek omelet and coffee. We'll see how I feel at 10 o'clock, LOL

Meg-good luck on that wedding home stretch
Robin-I love chinese food. I'm glad you did ok at the party.
Kery-Journalling is where I'm at too. Hang in there.
Lily-I'll say a prayer for your sister.
Everyone else-Have a great week.

AnneWonders 11-05-2007 07:51 AM

I'm hanging in. Just barely, but making it. I've pretty much given up everything except the basics of taking care of DD, feeding myself and basic grooming, and work. Other than that, I'm asleep. And I'm still exhausted. This week is going to be bad, since DH has to work late 3 nights. I'm seriously thinking of getting a babysitter. Anyway, not much to report since I'm sleeping every extra moment. Hoping this lifts soon--it is just ridiculous.

Anne

Megan1982 11-05-2007 08:38 AM

Good morning everyone,

I had a great weekend. BF and I had fun playing "house" on the sailboat and all of our friends came to visit during the festival. Even though the boat is docked right next to all of the food vendors, the constant fried food smell had no effect on me, and I just ate the food I brought, and a few glasses of wine Saturday. I think (I hope) I'm getting better at dealing with "big" social events and food. BF actually pleasantly surprised me. He had also gone to the grocery store to get sandwich meat etc. and got wheat bread for me. He didn't want to eat carnie food either. When I asked what he wanted me to bring for dinner Saturday, he begged me to bring a salad saying he was "salad deprived". Crazy man loves his veggies. We must be meant to be, lol.

After running the 5K Sat. AM I have forced myself to accept what I've been trying to ignore for a week. I have some kind of injury to my foot, and need to stop doing weight-bearing cardio and standing unnecessarily for a few weeks and see if it heals. If not, to the doctor I go. It seems as if something (um, tendon? ligament?) is inflamed at the joint where my pinky toe branches off from my foot. It is extremely tender, hurts just to touch it. I'm not sure why there b/c that's not where my weight falls when I do cardio, it falls on the ball of my foot. But anyway I am going to expand my weightlifting a little bit, maybe see if the exercise bike doesn't bother it, and be extra vigilant about my eating. With the holidays coming, I'm especially unhappy about this...grumble grumble...but I don't want to do any permanent damage to my body.

Maybe I'm one of the runners who keeps injuring themselves... :shrug:

Anne, :hug:. If you can afford it, why not hire a babysitter to watch DD for a few hours so you can get some sleep and catch up. Maybe a maid service?

Lily, how is your sister? I'm sending my good thoughts her way.

Shane, Ennay, baffled, my boobs went from a C cup to a very scanty B when I lost 60 lbs. As my body "settled" into its new weight was a little fat seemed to go back to that area, but not much! But then I went on BC pills. Now I will never go off of them b/c they definitely made the girls bigger, and I like it! (If only the BCP didn't make my tummy bigger, too.) I don't have too much trouble when I'm exercising, but the rest of the time I secretly wish for a little more up top.

Hi everyone else. I hope everyone's weeks are starting off well.

Libby1972 11-05-2007 09:02 AM

Good Morning Friends:

Meg - How exciting that your DD's wedding is so close and in such a ROMANTIC Tropical location! I'm jealous! Hope all the last minute plans come together quickly for you! Best of luck with your work outs!

Robin - Chinese food is a risky thing to eat when you're trying to be healthy. Steamed is the way to go. I had Chinese on Friday and it was steamed with a light teryaki sauce. It was good. Hope the job will get better soon!

Lily - Hope things go well with your sis and please do let us know how things go soon.

Kery - Calorie counting is teadious! I agree, but just make sure you are getting enough calories. I stopped for a couple of days and kept up with my working out, went back after the fact and I was extremely low doing it on my own. I, personally, need to keep track.

Joy - Greek omelet sounds great! Please give me your recipe.

Anne - Sorry you are so exhausted. Hope things turn around soon. Fall is a funny time of year for me. Not sure if that might be it. Try and get some walks in with your DD when you can. Those always lift my spirits! :)

Ok....my weekend, wasn't ideal eating at all. I had a lot of stuff I usually don't eat. On Friday, I had 2 crab rangoons (with my aforementioned steamed veggies and chicken). Then Saturday, I had bratwurst, then yesterday I had swiss steak, banana pudding and ICE CREAM! Small portions, but still. I had heart burn and felt like CRAP last night and for a bit this morning. But a good nutritious breakfast did the trick! I feel energized and great. Still had my coffee! Always! :)

My goals for this week: Eat very clean and 75% vegeterian! Need to flush the crap out of my system. Work out every day as usual. Water water water!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely week!

evilwomaniamshe 11-05-2007 09:39 AM

Morning everyone,
This weekend I finished up all my christmas shopping, so that is now all done! Yes I admit, I am one of those very organized individuals, what can I say.... Saturday I was 2 pounds under my goal weight, but sunday night I induldged in pizza and a few other bad choices too, so hmnnn it is no surprise that today I am up 2 pounds, but I am sure it is just from sodium etc. and I am not too worried as today it is business as usual for me with healthfare and exercise, so I will get them off soon! I already have an hr workout in today, after my healthy breakfast I will do some weightlifting etc.

Megan, hope your foot injury heals, that bites having to deal with an injury like that! Yeah on your healthy habits sticking...

Meg, how exciting a wedding.

Robin, yum chinese my fave, hope you had some chicken with brocolli for me!

Kery remember none of us are perfect. I wasn't a total saint this wknd either. Its all about consistency not perfection remember!

Lily, your sister is in my thoughts, wishing her the best.

Joy, sorry bout those colts

Anne rest up. sorry to hear your get up and go has gone up and left.

Libby sounds like your portions was control able anyways, mine we huge!

To all the bb gals, be happy you were blessed with them, hey night my runner friends wear 2 sports bras at a time, that'll keep the girls down even more, maybe give that a whirl. My 2 cents on sports bra, I am not a fan they give me the dreaded uni boob! I run from time to time, but then again I am a member of the ibtc, so no black eyes for me!
~wendalyn

Can somebody please share with me what dd, dh, ds etc stand for? For the life of me, I can not figure it out and I am totally clueless reading this in most peoples posts? Just for the record, I am really brunnette too, but I seriously don't have a clue what it means. Now don't laugh but when I read them all I think of is dh-divorced husband, ds-divorced son, dd-divorced daughter, but I know this can't be so.... I hope you guys aren't laughing too badly at me, but seriously it is driving me crazy not knowing what these initials mean.. Ok, please do share..

Kery 11-05-2007 09:40 AM

Libby -- I'm more worried about the contrary, to be honest. :lol: That's why I'm going on journalling. I trust myself to know what foods are good for me, but not to keep in tight enough a control if I don't at least have some form of accountability (and journaling without counting is the least tedious method for me). I'll see quickly enough if I'm too low, I guess; on such days, I tend to be even colder than usual and very cranky, which are sure signs that something's wrong. And if I'm too high, well... the pants will get tighter, won't they. *a-hem*

AnneWonders 11-05-2007 10:02 AM

wendalyn,

DD = dear daughter, DH = dear husband, DS = dear son, DF = dear friend, etc.

Except once in a while, I don't mean "dear" when I type DH. :)

Anne

joyofsix 11-05-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe (Post 1918479)
Morning everyone,
This weekend I finished up all my christmas shopping, so that is now all done! ..

Fingers in my ears la,la,la,la,

Dh is dear (or something else if you're mad at him) husband
ds-dear son
etc.

NightengaleShane 11-05-2007 10:13 AM

Hey everyone!

I'm enjoying my day off from work and using it to apply for other jobs :lol: Seriously, while my job does not completely suck, it doesn't pay me nearly enough and I know I can do better, because I have in the past.

Exercise wise, I'm probably going to go running in a little bit. I woke up with plenty of energy... that always happens on days where I don't work ;)

Megan - eeeek!! That bites that you keep getting injured! :( You might have just torn something that now needs time to heal. Give it a week or two - running injuries are pretty common, and it is most likely nothing serious :)

It's amazing that you can resist carnie food. The smell of it first makes me hungry, then makes me nausious, if I smell too many burnt hot dogs :p

Wendalyn - I haaaate Christmas shopping. Overcrowded malls bother me... I hate being so close to other people that I can smell the nasty combinations of their sweat and deodorant while waiting in endless lines just to buy a few potentially overpriced items! :mad: I'm not the biggest mall person... though I'd probably love them a lot more if I could afford tons of frivelous crap!

Lily - I second robin, Kery, and everyone else - I hope everything gets better for your sister - she is in my thoughts and prayers :)

lilybelle 11-05-2007 10:15 AM

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers for my sister. She will be having surgery this afternoon. I'm not sure when the pathology report will come back. She is starting to feel a little better and her sugars and blood pressure is getting closer to normal. I'll check back on her this evening and see how everything went.

Anne, I hope you can get plenty of rest. There is nothing at all wrong with hiring a sitter so you can get the rest your body needs . (I was always totally exhausted with pregnancy and remember how hard it was).

I started the C25K program last night. I'm going to have to take it a little slower than what is on the schedule, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I had a perfectly on plan weekend with my food and exercise. I'm now over the really bad cravings and feel like I'm in my zone again. I have restarted my SB induction and I have to say that eating the beans with my evening meal really helps keep my tummy full and keeps me from wanting to graze. DH comes home from work tomorrow and I vow to not let his presence for the week derail my eating plan.

Megan, sorry to hear about your foot pain. Maybe the exercise bike will work great for you during this time.

Lacy got a little upset with me last night cause she wanted to go out to eat, but I wanted to eat at home. It is just so much easier for me to stick to plan when I cook my own food. Then, after I made us a grilled chicken salad, she ended up loving it and saying how perfect it was.

Evils, I believe that DH usually stands for Dear Husband, DD is Dear Daughter, DS is Dear Son.

Meg, the wedding is coming up really quickly, how exciting.

robin, that Chinese food sounds yummy. I think I've only had Chinese stuff once in the past 2 1/2 yrs. But, it only took once to learn I wasn't very good at navigating a Chinese buffet. Maybe I could learn how to cook a healthier version of it at home.

I helped Lacy catch up on 3 biology assignments from her being sick last week. It was like pulling teeth, but we got it done.

evilwomaniamshe 11-05-2007 10:21 AM

Thanks you guys for clue-ing me in! :frypan::rollpin::stars:

Well I've learned my something new today thanks to you peeps..

Megan1982 11-05-2007 10:35 AM

wendalyn, along those lines I also use BF to mean boyfriend, and as follows:
GF = girlfriend
SO = significant other
DS can mean dear son or dear sister, to me, likewise DB = dear brother
etc.
:)