3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Chat - Week of November 5 - 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/126489-maintainers-chat-week-november-5-11-a.html)

joyofsix 11-07-2007 07:27 AM

:coffee:Good Morning. Well, yesterday went well until at 3 am I ate two huge bowls of mini wheat.:nono: Argh! Why did I sabotage myself? Well on to the daylight hours. I will walk today, even if it's done in 10 minute increments, better than nothing I'm figuring. I'm also going to put dinner in the crockpot and try to make some whole grain bread things for better snacking. Have a great day everyone.

Baff-what a work out, I am impressed,
Tammy-welcome
Meg-wanna come cook for me? Pretty please!
Gary-thanks for the prayers, heaven knows I need them daily

jtammy 11-07-2007 07:34 AM

Thank you all for the welcome! I feel a bit like a fraud, since I’m probably 20 – 25 lbs away from where I wish I were, but I’ll eventually get closer.

Meg, thanks! Yes, my body seems quite happy at this weight, it’s just my mind that keeps whining about being here. Your recipe for spaghetti squash sounds wonderful. We planted some this summer and it came in in droves. So I have a freezer full of it. I will definitely be trying this one.

Hi Shane. Thanks for the welcome. I saw your before and after pictures and I don’t think I commented yet, but you look wonderful! Congratulations on your losses.

Hi Pat, Cool, that is one of my jobs (system admin for our SirsiDynix Horizon ILS). In fact, that is the conference that I’m at right now – Dynix User Group in Pittsburgh (Hi Meg!)

Thanks for the welcome Lisa! I hope things calm down for you after this week.

Robin, Thank you! I think this forum is where I need to be. I have already learned so much by lurking around the maintenance forum. Before I joined 3FC, I stupidly thought that I would celebrate hitting my goal with a favorite foods meal and then eating what I wanted. Luckily, reading threads from Meg and other maintainers, I realized what a lifelong change this was going to have to be. I pouted for a few minutes, then got over it. No way do I want to go back.

Baffled, Wow on your weightlifting! I am still intimidated by weights. I am doing some lifting on machines, but for some reason barbells (not so much dumbbells) really intimidate me. Got to get past that.

Hi Joy!

It’s time for me to get to breakfast. I’ve gotten a cold (thanks DH) and at some point, I’ll need to venture out to a pharmacy to get something for it. I may even be running a fever. Last night when I got back to my room, I kicked the thermostat up to 75, put on my pajamas and the robe, big fluffy socks, got under two down comforters and put the laptop on my lap ;) and was still cold. I’ve got to find some better moisturizer/lotion for my hands. The cold has cracked the skin on several of my fingers and my scented lotion isn’t helping it.

My only plan for exercise today is to walk around downtown some during my breaks – if I can stand the cold that is. It will be a long day, as there is a reception tonight from 5 - 7, then an excursion planned from 7:15 - until. Talk to you all later.

DGAdDawg 11-07-2007 08:43 AM

Morning everyone! I feel like this thread is going to be a long one this week.

Megan- You're right. I have made a lot of changes and I am proud of them. I'm definately more fit right now than I was last year at this time when I was 107-110. I just need to break that scale mentality. Although, i won't like, I'd like to get back under 120. Just a mental thing, I suppose.

Welcome, Tammy!!

Meg- Your cooking sounds yummy. What kind of Fiber One muffins are you making? Like you, its getting cold here and i'm looking for warm, filling food to eat, especially at breakfast. Yesterday I had 3 Morningstar Farms Country Scrambles..yummy!

On the same topic as my reply to Meg...I AM healthy! We had a health fair at work yesterday. I had my cholesterol/glucose, bone density, and BMI checked and everything came back in the normal/healthy range. I really need to find a general physician and get an all-over exam, but thats going to have to wait til I have a job with benefits!

Ok...off to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!

Megan1982 11-07-2007 08:46 AM

Add me to the crowd of people who didn't sleep well. First it was cold and I got up to shut the window. Then I woke up with a leg cramp and then realized my Advil had worn off and my foot hurt (I KNOW I'm being a baby/hypochondriac!), so I laid awake imagining all the terrible things that could be wrong with it. (Something is definitely off, though, so I'm going to the dr. this afternoon to get it checked out.) Then BF's volunteer fire dept. pager went off and he left for a fire. I've got 1 cup of coffee in me and am onto cup 2. I have so much respect for all of you who are parents and have a lot more than me keeping you up at night. Umm...:coffee2:

BF took an elderly friend fishing yesterday and last night we went to his house to cook the grouper they caught. YUM. Nothing better than fish that fresh. I also borrowed his oven to also cook my dinner for the next 2 nights - tofu and veggies baked in a jerk marinade from the Moosewood lowfat cook book. I sampled a pea pod and it was really good!

Tammy, welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss accomplishments. Great job!!!

joyofsix, this morning is a new morning to start fresh. Walking any amount of time is great!

Meg, elections - thanks for reminding me to call my Mom and see how she feels my home town did. She's one of the poll officials for elections. She was a bit apprehensive when I talked to her Sunday about how it would go this year.

Baffled, awesome!!!!! 200 lb squats, wow! I'm only up to 85 lb, and am truly in awe!

Have a great day all.

srmb60 11-07-2007 08:54 AM

Morning everyone!
Sorry folks, I did sleep well for a change. Knowing I didn't have to work this morning probably helped.

Baffled ... ya make me feel like a weinie:hug:

Hi Tammy!

I'm in with Joy's snippets of exercise. I'm just not getting it done lately.

alinnell 11-07-2007 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning everyone!

Does anybody have a calorie count for a ridiculously large egg?

Attachment 27535

The brown egg is a large and the white one next to it is a jumbo. The one in my other hand is from the same dozen jumbo eggs but is clearly twice the size. DH said it looked like an ostrich egg. I feel sorry for the chicken!

I have a busy day today. I had a kind of large breakfast (2 servings of raisin bran) but the rest of the day is portioned out okay. I've been OP pretty much but (once again) have come to the realization that the nightly glass of wine is turning into two or three and that is stalling any weight loss attempts. Must.stop.buying.wine!!!

Have a great day!

WaterRat 11-07-2007 12:56 PM

Morning all. :wave: Sorry for those of you awake in the night. I slept just fine - so fine in fact I didn't get up for my cardio this morning. :( I earned some of it though walking back from the garage (left my car to have snow tires put on) in a stiff, stiff wind. It's only about 6 blocks, but I was frozen when I got to work. I'm letting someone drive me back when the car is ready.

Tammy - wow, I was the sys adm for a classic Dynix system. We are now using Unicorn, but I moved to this job before we swapped over. Hope you're feeling better.

Allison - that is one big egg! I know that sorting is really done by weight not visual size, but I'm sure that one weighs more too! Maybe count it as 1.5 or even 2?

So Dawg, did you ever consider that maybe the other scale was wrong, and not yours? :shrug: My weight varies 8-10 lbs between my gym scale and my home scale. It's so hard for most of us not to be influenced by what we see on the scale, and yet it really is just a measure of your weight at one point in time, not a reflection of your self-worth. :)

Meg - I'm with Lisa, come cook for me too! :lol: I didn't get to the store to buy spaghetti squash last night, but I did make a veggie laden low-cal marinara sauce that we had over ww rotini accompanied by a large salad with pomegranate. Love those little guys.

DGAdDawg 11-07-2007 01:43 PM

WaterRat- I checked my weight at another scale on Saturday and it also said 115. But then my friend's really nice scale, that she says is accurate(matches her weight at the Dr..who she sees all the time since she is having a baby in 2 weeks!) said 123. At the health fair yesterday, It was 121. So I'm thinking it is wrong. Someone suggested new batteries.

Earlier I heard the sonic boom of the space shuttle as it flew over central AL towards Kennedy. They rarely take this path. So neat!

Hope you all are having great days!

Kery 11-07-2007 01:44 PM

Good evening everyone. I guess I should be doing some homework, but since I've spent 10 hours on the campus today, I've decided to cut myself some slack for a few more minutes. ;)

Tammy -- Welcome to this forum. And you're so right regarding the Maintainers--it truly helps to read the threads and realize that "eating like we did before" is NOT an option... Well, not if we want to keep the weight off, that is.

Baffled -- I can only second others: this is impressing! Now if that's not an incentive for me to start lifting more... ;)

Meg -- Hmm, spaghetti squash... I finally got around to try it this week, and I LOVED it. I'm going to have tons of fun finding different ways of cooking it, on top of knowing there's one more nutritious food to add to my weapons rack. :) (And, uh, this sounded so not like the Kery of one year ago who hated cooking and was so lazy in a kitchen... Haha.)

I'm currently reading Victoria Moran's "", and stumbled upon that passage in which she says that dieting and bingeing go hand in hand (something to that extent). I'm glad I'm reading it, because the more I do it, the more I realize it's what I want to do. I don't want to care about "not having a perfect day". I don't even want to care about posting "I ate bread today" or "I had pizza for lunch" in the accountability thread or some such (at least then I admit it...better than bingeing and not living up to it, so to say...). I just want to learn to eat in a normal way, and if it takes me one year to get rid of those last 10 pounds, then so be it. I don't even remember why I steered off this path, when it's the one that had allowed me to lose consistently until now?? I know I can't eat whatever I want, whenever I want, in huge quantities, but I think there's *some* middle ground to be found in that. (And seriously, now that I'm not counting so scrupulously, I'm feeling better. Is that a good sign in terms of future maintenance?)

Well, enough babbling for now... Time to read the texts I have to prepare for tomorrow. Ugh.

bargoo 11-07-2007 01:59 PM

Tammy. welcome you are doing great. I am new, too not quite at goal but expecting to be there very soon.

4rabbit 11-07-2007 03:31 PM

Hi maintainers,

Crazy, busy week this week and i fell back into snacking to get some energy when my battery is running on empty. I have finished the rush issue, sio i am going right back to NO SNACKING, NO SWEETS, NO lemonade, and NO wine to pcik me up. II guess I will have a difficult couple of days, but on the other hands this is sabotaging my way back to the "before the summer holidays " pounds. I was down 2 kgs already, and eating sweets will put that right back on. Fortunately the excercise has been on track: biked to work 2 times and went to power class on monday. Tomorrow one houe workout ant the gym, and friday 1 hour yoga lesson will put me at 6 hous for the week. This is not stellar, but also not to be sneezed at considering the busy scedule. Maybe i can throw in a workout over the weekend as well.

Hi to everyone...sorry for the me, me, me ramble. I have to put stuff into perspective,

Have a great day all,
rabbit

Pacergal29 11-07-2007 05:18 PM

Alright ladies I am going to jump in with both feet here! The time has come to spread my wings and join you all here in maintainers! I never would have dreampt that when I started this journey in May I would reach this point. I started my path with 2 weeks of simply tracking my foods in fitday. After taking a close look at what I was eating and doing some research I settled on South Beach. During that research I also found 3FC which was my saving grace, I could not have done it without the wonderful chicks in the SB group! I will continue with the SB group as I have grown to love them and hope I can give even the slightest amount of advice and loads of encouragment! They will always be my first home, but as I said it is time to spread my wings!

So now the new journey begins! New goals for myself include getting myself into more of a fitness program. Til now it has been yoga (which I love and will continue) and well that is about it!

I look forward to getting to know you girls (and guys) better as we keep on keepin on!

Stephanie

Meg 11-07-2007 05:21 PM

Stephanie! Bargoo! Sno! Tammy! (and anyone else who I'm too senile to remember at the moment) :grouphug:

I am absolutely LOVING all our new members!! :carrot: Welcome, welcome, welcome. :welcome3:

This means that all you other lurkers have to come post now. ;)

alinnell 11-07-2007 05:50 PM

Wow! We're getting more and more popular! Isn't it fabulous!!!

lilybelle 11-07-2007 07:32 PM

Hi everyone and Welcome to Tammy and Stephanie.

I got my car back today from the body shop and it looks perfect. It felt so good to have it back. Now, I hope I can avoid anymore deer.

Today made Day 7 for me again of SB induction and it is going great. My exercise is on track and I can tell I've lost some of those extra lbs. I had been carrying. Sure feels good for my clothes to be fitting perfect again. Tonite I cooked spaghetti for the family, but I didn't eat any of it . I stuck to my plan and finally I have came to terms again with the fact that I ate very differently than my family to lose this weight and need to continue to do this to maintain the wt. loss.

Meg, I didn't ask my sister if she will be on an Exchange Plan diet yet. She just told me she is on a 1600 calorie plan. I do think SB might be a good plan for her too.

I'm gonna hop on my treadmill now and pound out my miles while I watch the CMA awards. (Carrie Underwood is a family friend and I always watch her).