3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Chat - Week of November 5 - 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/126489-maintainers-chat-week-november-5-11-a.html)

NightengaleShane 11-10-2007 07:04 PM

Oh, the dilemma of ever-shrinking clothes...

Some of you might want to see a tailor, if you have a lot of them!

At my higher weights, I just wore the few "fat clothes" I had, whatever "thin clothes" I could fit, and then bought clothes that were too small for me but would probably fit at goal. Now, I have an endless selection of really cute clothes. Some of them are still a little too snug for me to wear out in public, but I know that once I tone up my stomach a little more, they won't be.

I hope that I won't have to get rid of a whole bunch of clothes just because they are too big once I lose a little more off my waist. I doubt it, though, because I have wide, child-bearing hips :lol: HOWEVER, if I DO, I will post a thread listing them with pictures, and whoever wants them will only have to pay for shipping :)

I ate pretty off-plan today but I always slip up on the weekends. I also only exercised for 30 minutes (went for a little run and now I WANT to exercise MORE... I never knew I'd be addicted to EXERCISE), with the exception of walking around the flea market for over an hour carrying literally around 6 bags in each hand. ;)

Kim, like I said in the bikini ready bodies thread, your abs are just AMAZING - legs too... geeeeeze, you are ALLLLL muscle and NO fat - good JOB! :)

LisaMarie71 11-10-2007 07:14 PM

I'll have to catch up on all these posts a little later (and look at those muscle pictures later too -- that should give me some much-needed inspiration for weight lifting!), but I wanted to stop in and do a bit of bragging on my cross country boys...

They got 5th place at the state meet!! :carrot: Woohoo!!!!! Our school hasn't had a cross country team even go to the state meet in about 20 years, and our boys placed 5th out of the 16 teams who went. They all ran INCREDIBLE races -- six of the boys got PRs today and the other one ran a time that was just consistent with his always great performance. I'm soooooo proud of them, and so very glad I decided to coach the team with my husband. Next year I've got to work on getting the girls to state!

EZMONEY 11-11-2007 12:10 AM

Outstanding LISA! How exciting to PR at the state meet! Here in California the state meet isn't until the Saturday after Thanksgiving....been a few years since my son was there.

Kery 11-11-2007 02:05 AM

Kim -- Those pictures are wonderful! Somehow, they make me wonder if it's a dream, or if it's possible to actually look like that. :lol: The proof that efforts end up paying, I'd say? :)

LisaMarie -- Congrats for your team!

I'm not happy about yesterday evening: I studied pretty late, and ended up munching on a small bowl of cold cereals around 11:30 pm. But it wasn't a binge--I was just (physically) hungry, and picked the wrong snack out of tiredness and laziness. At least that's a small victory over the crap that happened in the past weeks. Now I just need to restock on nuts instead of that, in case of.

By the way, anyone here who isn't satisfied with fruits as snacks? I realize that something 'not really on plan', if I may say, such as a small bar of cereals (I mean small--the ones I buy are around 80-85 calories, not huge-sized candy stuff), will fill me up longer than an apple, for instance. The only fruits that work well for me are bananas (or durian, but uhh, that's expensive and everybody around me wants to kill me if I dare bringing durian anywhere :D). But the rest... well... it tends to make me hungrier. I thought it was the sugar, the glycemic index, whatever, but this is illogical regarding the bananas, so I don't know.

4rabbit 11-11-2007 06:13 AM

Hi Maintainers,

Wow, what a lot of posts !

Impossible to react to all off you, so I'll just say hi...

I had a busy week behind me. Wasn't all that great food wise but I did manage to get my exercise goal in again. I biked to work twice, and went to power class, yoga class and did a circuit of machines when DD had dance class. PLUS I did 30 mins elliptical & rowing machine this morning, followed by a yoga DVD. That brings me at about 7 hours 15 mins, and I'm sure I will loose some weight if I just keep this up.

On another note...I noticed a funny thing recently..I get crancy if I do not work out at least every other day! Strange thing, I never knew one could really get addicted to exercise!

AND a small NSV. I had ordered 2 new doors for my house and picked them up with my father. They turned out to be the wrong kind, so i had to take them back to exchange. And here is what weightlifting van do for you...I took them out the house - into the car - out of the car and into the shop (on a cart) again. And exchanged the doors, while some other customers where there also for doors and they wrestled the stuff into their car with 2 persons! I heard one say that you could not move those doors on your own. And i did (and at 5 foot 3 inches, I am smaller than most people even !)

have a great day all,
rabbit

Meg 11-11-2007 07:05 AM

:congrat: Lisa! How exciting for you, DH, and the boys! I remember when you were agonizing over the decision to coach or not. You definitely made the right choice!

Kery, fruit alone doesn't fill me up either. But if I have a T of peanut butter with my apple (or some chicken or turkey breast) or yogurt with my strawberries, then it will keep me going for a lot longer.

Hey Rabbit, you're strong! :strong: Isn't it the best feeling?

Off to the gym and then errands. I was shocked at how crowded the mall is getting already and traffic is getting bad too. Time for on-line Christmas shopping! :D

rockinrobin 11-11-2007 07:54 AM

Lisa, that is INCREDIBLE news. Simply incredible. Congratulatins to all of you.

Kery 11-11-2007 08:48 AM

Meg -- I wish protein was easier to carry around. :D I don't really see myself bringing a jar of peanut butter in class, or cottage cheese (with my usual luck, anything like this is going to accidentally pop open in my bag). I had a look at various protein bars brand at the supermarket again, but they definitely don't satisfy me--uber-expensive, and still looking too sugary/chocolaty to my liking. :( I guess it's really time I find the courage to try and bake them myself using some of the recipes here on 3FC, huh.

And I'm off as well -- In barely one hour, I'll be attending King Lear's performance in the city's theatre. Yay. :)

midwife 11-11-2007 09:07 AM

Congrats, Lisa! Our cross country state meet was yesterday. As we watched and cheered, DD was about 30 seconds behind her usual time. We figured she had gotten off to a bad start (sometimes she is too polite to push through the crowd). Turns out she fell at the 600 meter mark, got up, and kept on going. I was disappointed how they placed, but so dang proud of her for running after a fall.

Cross country is such an exciting sport.

LisaMarie71 11-11-2007 09:29 AM

rabbit - I was surprised when I got addicted to exercise too! And great job on moving those doors, you strong little thing!

Meg and Robin, thanks for the congrats! I'm definitely glad I decided to coach!

Kery - I LOVE King Lear. In fact, that's the next play I'm teaching in my Shakespeare class when we finish The Taming of the Shrew, so I need to go back and reread it.

midwife, I'm sorry your dd fell, but how great that she kept pushing on! Cross country really is exciting to watch, which I never realized before this past year. I saw some amazing young runners yesterday, and seeing the improvements our team has made this year has been incredible. The kids who are now running in the 17s and 18s were doing 20 and 21 at the beginning of the season, and the season's not that long!

I ate too much celebratory food (and even drank a beer, which is rare for me), so I need to make sure I fit in a run today! Had a little NSV last night. We went bowling with some coworkers and friends, and I haven't gone bowling in YEARS, partly because I'm not that into it but also because I'm horrible at pretty much any competitive game or sport!! Also, when I was heavy I didn't like walking up to the lane in front of everyone and then throwing it in the gutter and being the fat girl who sucks at everything! I gave it a try, though, and I wasn't nearly as bad as I thought I'd be. I wasn't great, but I held my own and beat some other people (including my husband) and got some strikes and spares and such. The reason it's an NSV is that I never gave anything a try when I was heavy, so I missed out on a lot of fun. I had FUN last night, and I didn't think about what I looked like up there -- I felt free to just enjoy myself. Losing weight and becoming fit is SO freeing.

baffled111 11-11-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 (Post 1925926)
The reason it's an NSV is that I never gave anything a try when I was heavy, so I missed out on a lot of fun. I had FUN last night, and I didn't think about what I looked like up there -- I felt free to just enjoy myself. Losing weight and becoming fit is SO freeing.

That's lovely Lisa.

And congrats on your team's performance. Very cool. Now indeed you have to whip the girls into shape for next year. :)

Fruit doesn't fill me up either. I tend to think of it as more of a tasty treat than actual food. Especially apples. Something about the acidity of apples, I think.
Kery, if you have any luck with baking protein bars, do report back. I've looked for recipes millions of times, but they always seem to have too many calories in them for a snack. I'm probably just being blind.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone! I have oodles of work to do, unfortunately.

clvquilts 11-11-2007 12:54 PM

Until I got down to my goal weight, I didn't have to shop for any clothes during my 50 pound weight loss. I just went to my 2nd closet where I kept all the clothes I had accumulated while I gained 10 pounds a year on the old medicine.

Once I hit my goal, I had trouble finding clothes that fit in the stores - don't get me started on the whole vanity sizing thing - depending on brand and cut, I can wear anything from a size 0-8. Also my DH was out of work. I found shopping at Goodwill to be a great source for clothes as long as I wasn't looking for something specific.

Between summer, fall, & winter seasons, I found a total of 12 skirts for an average of $3 each. Only one needed to be taken to the tailor to be hemmed 8 inches shorter. I found 3 great sweaters to round out my collection plus jeans, shorts, and belts. If I wasn't so small, I could have walked away with some amazing coats. Dresses seem to be the only thing that I've struck out on. TJ Maxx has fixed me up well for those plus I've gotten great shirts there.

So it is posibble to get a whole new wardrobe on a very small budget.

What does NSV stand for?

Wow Kim, you sure are ripped.

Welcome Tammy and Stephanie. You'll get to know me at the swing dancer and sailor.

baffled111 11-11-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clvquilts (Post 1926074)
What does NSV stand for?

Non-Scale Victory. :)

You are the master of used clothes shopping Carolyn, I'll give you that. I am far less talented at it. I wander into Goodwill and it just looks like a big mess of ugly and out of date clothes. I don't know how to find the gems in among all the junk. It's a personal failing of mine. :)

I have bought tons of clothes on Ebay over the years. I haven't done it so much recently because I'm very unsure about the sizing. Pants are complicated--just because they're the right size (even if I could identify that) is no guarantee that they'll look good. And I'm in between sizes on top. Oh, woe is me... ;)

4rabbit 11-11-2007 01:49 PM

Hi,

Carolynn..I quite agree with you. I had a few amazing bargains at the local variation on Goodwill. And a few that turned out to be wrong choices as well, but i just took them right back

bye,
rabbit

lilybelle 11-11-2007 09:40 PM

Hi everyone, we had a great cookout last night. I did great with my food choices while everyone was around, but not too great today with the leftovers. Later last night we joined the rest of our friends for a charity event for sufferers of domestic abuse. Big auction and lots of door prizes.

I'm getting a little concerned that my son's new relationship of 3 months is quickly going sour. I'm trying to hold my tongue, but she is talking down to him and It really surprises me that he hasn't dumped her. DH is planning to have a long talk with DS. I'm almost afraid he is sticking with her although she is treating him crappy just so he has someone to communicate with when he gets deployed. Sort of a reason for HOPE.

Pam, like you mentioned, if my wt. fluctuates up even 3 or 4 lbs., I have a muffin top. BTW, my printer is messed up , is why I haven't posted my Halloween pic's. I also have some cute pic's of my Lab's with Lacy that I wanted to post.

Well, after my day of not so good eating today, I'm gonna hit the treadmill and at least do my exercise.

As for clothes, I bought 6 nice sweaters last week at my neighbors yardsale for $1.00 each. I didn't have many winter clothes and really needed them. I'm cold all the time.