Old 10-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #1081  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up Good Morning!

Good morning everyone!

I started my day off with Pearl's Oatmeal delight - Oatmeal, Splenda brown sugar with fresh peach, it was SO yummy.

Yesterday I made one of my favorite soups, cabbage with onion, yellow and red pepper, diced tomatoes and ground turkey. I add, spicey Mrs. Dash and morton's lite salt, pepper and garlic --- soooooooo yummy.

Today my goal is to drink lemon water (2X) and to get my water in. I am also going for a long walk in my neighborhood. The weather is so beautiful I want to take advantage of it while I can!

Here's to a POP sunday!

Big hugs -
Debbie/Nashville
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #1082  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning girls!

Quick check in, no time for all the personals, but I have a few...

Pearl - I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and your family situation. You are so blessed to have DH, DS1, DS2 and your church family to help you through this rough time. You're in my prayers.

Sherry and Nicole - WTG on the losses.

Michelle - Congrats on Onederland!

As for me... scale finally moved down 2.2 on Friday! However, yesterday was my sister's b-day party, and I overindulged a little. I chose to be the designated driver so I wouldn't drink, and my mom go chicken wings so I ate the celery and carrots, but there were some other items that I made that I love, so I had a few of each. Darn scale was up 3.6lb this morning! But I planned for last night, so I am on TO today and tomorrow. And chugging lemon water. But even with the extras, I planned well and saved my exchanges for the night, and what I did have was probably 1/4 of what I would have had pre-LAWL, so that's a plus. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Gotta run - going shopping for a new kitchen today. I am sooooo excited. We found someone to install some pre-made cabinets, so we're off and shopping. My house was built in 1982 so things are starting to fall apart. Getting new tile, new countertops, new kitchen cabinets. I am a happy girl. If this can get done before Thanksgiving, I'll be thrilled!

Have a great day girls.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #1083  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Cassi- So cool on the new kitchen. We re-did ours last year. DH used to build houses, so he does all that handy stuff and I really like doing it too, so we did it all ourselves. We used the cabinets we had and DH just built new doors and laminated the existing cabinets to match the new doors. I picked out the laminate counter top and he built the new counter and laminated it on there. We put tile on the wall the floor. I love my new kitchen, makes it so much fun to be in there again. Have fun and enjoy it.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #1084  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Ulanda- How is your dad doing? Hopefully he is getting better. The 6 week challenge is kind of like the 21 day boost. TO mixed with subbing one slimdown for food and eating regular plan. Do a search on it in the LAWL forum, there is a thread from a few months ago. Sorry you are having issues with your center. I believe that every single person that works at LAWL should be a former customer or have been on the program for a certain period of time before they are even allowed to work there. It really makes a world of difference on the service you get.

Michelle- I know this is a few days late- but YAY on ONEderland!!!

Alannah- You are doing great. 5.2 lbs. is wonderful!!

Pearl- Sorry to hear about the deaths in your family. I understand, because my mom has had issues with her family and they waited for a month after her dad was buried before anybody even told her he had died. She has said for many years that the only family she has is my dad, my sister, me and our closest friends.
I hope you are having fun at your "festival of hero's".

Sherry- WOOHOO on the 4 lbs.

Nicole- Congrats on the 2.4 lbs.

Meagan- YAY on the 2.8 lbs.

Joni- Did you get any good pics of the kids? I did photos of ours 2 years ago by the Christmas tree. I was plum wore out after a while. I'd like to get a family photo of all of us, but I think that might be even worse. Maybe I can cut and paste good photos of everybody individually into photoshop and make up my own. Might be less of a hassle.

My COD is having kind of a party on Mon. and Tues. You get a free prize for coming in, a halloween recipe book and you can bring in a recipe or make up the recipe of your favorite LA acceptable halloween treat to share with other clients. Then if you come in again on Wed. or Thurs. and you have lost at least 1 lb. you go into a drawing for a $100 LAWL gift card. I have to work Tuesday night to cover for my boss, so Halloween is not going to be a problem for me. DH hates handing out candy so I haven't even bought any.

Oh, Pearl, I made some of that crock pot apple butter. WOW!!! It is delish!!!! And way less work than the way my mom used to make it.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #1085  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

The weather is NASTY here, so I'm curled up here at home and checking in on a Sunday - very unusual for me!

Pearl - I'm sorry that you have lost some members of your family. I understand what you are saying about not feeling as deep a loss as if it were some close friends. It's more of a grieving of a lost relationtionship.

Dolphn, Meagan, Debbie and Pearl - great results this week!

Jaime - glad your mom and g'mom made it home OK. It must have been a tense 12 hours for you!

Tweet - Since your body is in Loss mode, I would not do TO. Why torture when things are going OK?

Cassi - Here's hoping that this AM's gain is temporary... I love the way that you stay positive about these things. Remembering that the choices I am now making are so much better than what I would have made really helps keep me from getting too far down. Thanks for getting that mantra in my head. New kitchen!!! Ooohhh - very jealous!

I did manage to get back to ticker weight. Yay! Hopefully I can join all of you on the losing train now.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #1086  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Hi Everyone! We're having such a beautiful day here in San Diego! I'm going shopping in a few, so I'm just popping in to say "hello" to all! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still here, lurking more that posting. I'm not gaining any weight , just staying at the same weight of 143. (Maybe this is where my body wants to be?) Shucks....I want to at least hit the 130's! Ah well, I'm still staying POP, hoping that this 2 week stall starts moving soon!

Oh, by the way.... to my Secret Santa (ornament exchange pal) Thank you in advanced. I received the package and don't worry..... I actually have it hidden in my closet so that I'm not tempted to open it! I can't wait to see what I got!

Joni: I re-posted the picture! haha!

Last edited by winkie03; 10-29-2006 at 03:35 PM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #1087  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Cassie- How exciting for you to redo your kitchen! I would love to see the before/after pics if you are taking any :-)

Congrats on the -2.2lbs. Don't worry about the little cheat, you deserve one!

Debbie/Nashville
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #1088  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Deb,

Thank you for asking about my dad. He is coming along, it's a long process ahead of him, but I am very thankful to God that it isn't cancer. He is making progress each day. Please continue to pray for him.

WI yesterday was a bust. I was the same, but of course they couldn't find a reason, so she asked me if I had written down everything that I had that week. I said YES, just as I do every week even if I slip. So I didn't really hear what she said from point. So I am planning to do the 21 day boost on November 6th. I am not sure if that will help me, but I hope that it will give me a little boost. My birthday is on Friday so that is a planned cheat at least for dinner.

So I will need something to get me back in line.

Pearl, sorry to hear about the loss of your family members. Eventhough your blood family relations are strained. Thank God for your church family.

Have a great rest of your Sunday evening!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #1089  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Hello All!

Pearl - I am sorry for your losses. I will be praying for you and yours.
Enjoy your time at the festival, handing out all those no-nos. And Congrats on your weight loss. You are such a jewel!

Deb - Happy Birthday Early! Glad to hear your father is doing better. The scales are rigged...I just know it!

Evette - WOW! Start calling you Skinny Minnie. I can't believe I will ever look that good...I can't wait!!!

Cassi - We need a Kitchen makeover so badly! We started in Master bath, Master bed, son's room, etc....The kitchen scares us both!

I wanted to let those of you who are not fans know that the ST. Louis Cardinals won the World Series...and I am happy 0- go -lucky about the whole thing! I was down .2 lb.s at WI and that was in jeans, and with a full bladder as someone else was in the BR.

Off to finish cleaning up before bed...a 2 yr. old in a bath tub, sounds exciting .
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:34 AM   #1090  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Well, I made it through the weekend. Not so bad. Yesterday was getting a little tough though. Had a couple extra bites, but not as bad as usually would have. Had a couple bites of hot italian sausage with my pasta for dinner. Had a bowl of frozen FF cool whip as a snack to stay away from any other sugar in the house.

Today I have alot of running around to do, and haven't the slightest clue how I'm going to eat. Have appointments back to back all day (9, 11, 1 & DH has to be at work by 3; then I work 6-9). I will probably have to hit a drive through somewhere, and salad it will be!

Evette - your new pic looks awesome! You look so happy! I am so jealous of your weather there in sunny San Diego. We had snow flakes here! Nothing stuck, just scattered flakes every now and then.

Cassi - a new kitchen, how exciting! I have tons of plans for my house (just not tons of money to go with it - LOL). But DH is not the handiest person in the world, so ...

Congrats to all those who have lost, and to those who still have WI!

to everyone else!

Here's to a GREAT POP Monday!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:36 AM   #1091  
FBD/8-18-08

Good (yawn) morning everyone!
I haven't weighed today, but dh and I were both UP 2 pounds yesterday after TO and a VERY POP day on Sat.
The Festival of Heroes was awesome! We served over 2000 people. It had rained the day and night before and the wind was horrible all day and got worse as the day progressed, so we assume that is why the numbers were lower than we expected, but all in all, a huge success.
I had cotton candy in places I didn't remember having when I got home... the wind literally blew it out of the maker before we could get it on the stick and in a bag - but somehow we managed... (I didn't even lick my lips!!!)
One of my younger friends help and was coated with it like I was... I told her at least her dh could have some fun when they got home but MINE was on a DIET!!! (not that ain't fair!)
I packed tuna and a salad with my fruit and bars and didn't eat so much as a popcorn kernal!!! (of course, I didn't have time to get the fruit it, I was lucky to get the salad in!) But I did drink all my water so...
As for my family - decided not to go to the funeral home... didn't want to upset anyone by being there unexpectedly. Don't know if I'll try and reach my SIL or not... Kind of over the whole thing. I did post a sympathy on the newpaper obit online - a commemorative "book" you can add your memories or notes to the family, provided by our Richmond Times Dispatch... A neat idea if the family ever looks at it!
Well, gotta go. Got my ds ready to go to work and Mom's gotta take him!
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:58 AM   #1092  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone,
Before I say anything else, or forget anything I want to say....I am very sorry for all of the heartache you are going through, Pearl. I am sure this is not going to be an easy time for you, no matter what your family situation is/was. It is wonderful that you have good support all around you. I hope these next few days/weeks/months pass quickly for you, and your heart gets back to normal soon.

also...GO CARDS!!! WHOOO.......

also, congrats, EVERYONE, on their losses. I am very happy to see that. I keep getting nervous that my loss is just a joke, and that one of these times I am going to get on the scale and it is going to roar an evil laugh, and this whole thing will be over. I know that sounds crazy, but I still don't really feel like this is going to work, or that I am making enough of a sacrafice or something. I have always dieted in a much more extreme or painful way. I feel pretty good, and that seems impossible. So, please, tell me this is not a dream. Not to say that this is not difficult.........but it is rather manageable.

Thank you for the warm welcome Debbie. And Ulanda, I have not yet written directly to you, but I sure can empathize about your dad. My dad is in good health right now......but there was a time a couple of years ago when we almost lost him due to a lung tumor and subsequent surgery. I was with him when his lung collapsed because of internal bleeding, at the hosp. and he was rushed into surgery. The worrying and the waiting was just about unbearable. And seeing him in pain, and medicated was so difficult. It is hard to watch the strongest man you ever knew in such a weak state. I made myself feel better by frequenting the hospital cafeteria. And let me tell you, hospital cafeterias have come a long way. YUM. Anyway.......I will be thinking of you, and sending you will power to stay out of the cafeteria.

I stayed OP for the most part this weekend, but had a hard time getting everything in now that they switched me to the purple plan. I am working on it though

Have a great day everyone!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #1093  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Pearl - well the gain after doing TO totally stinks for both you and DH! - wonder how his COD will explain that outcome??
I have a visual for the cotton candy coated bodies...how funny. Congrats on being so good at such a big event.

Dolphn - Sounds like you stayed focused on your weekend; did you really have a "bowl" of FF cool whip??? I know 1T = a condiment; what's a bowl equal? I had some strawberries last night and I know I put a huge spoonful of FF cool whip on mine and stopped myself from putting on a second spoonful since I figured I already had about 1/4 Cup on there! But, jeez, 1T is not very much! It's those little things that seem to get me. I need to measure, measure, measure and not pretend I can eyeball things!

Cassi - Sorry I'm not joining you on TO today; but I'm planning a POP day with quite a bit of exercise and figured I needed some real food. Good luck though and GL at weigh in today. Hope your kitchen shopping went well!

Evette - thanks for checking in and I do like your new picture. You look great!

Have a great day everyone; hope to hear from our regulars on how they are doing!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:02 AM   #1094  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Nicole - the beauty of this program is that it's a lifestyle change. So if you can look at it that way instead of being a "diet", it may seem more real to you!

Joni - yea, I really did eat a bowl of frozen cool whip. It was like eating ice cream, only much better for me. I didn't even know how to count it. But if that's my worst cheat on a WEEKEND no less, I can deal with it!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:07 AM   #1095  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Nicole - I agree about the hospital food! I always ate there when visiting or volunteering...and it has come along way! And yes, your weight loss is real. I'd pinch you if I was in St. Louey.

Pearl - sounds like an interesting day! Cotton Candy Meyham! Wish it could have been FF Cool Whip Meyham for ya! Yeah on staying OP.

Dolphn - good work not straying to far. I had to do McDonald's over the weekend myself I did 2 side salads and 2 apple dippers w/out the carmal with a slimdown, I took an apple and an orange with me and used them both in smy salads. diced the apple and squeezed the orange for dressing. Pretty yummy.

I am never very good at the whole set your clocks back thing...so tired here.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote