Old 10-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #1036  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

I started at 222.8 on purple w/lites and moved to red w/lites a month ago as my exercise had increased and I wasn't losing however after a 3.4 lb drop the first week I once again am not losing. Here is hoping Saturday official WI is a loss or October will be a write off of no #'s lost. (positive note - there were inches)
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:21 PM   #1037  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hello Ladies!

So at WI yesterday I was told I had 1 more box of bars on my credit. When I tried to explain that I don't have the money to continue with the bars (how many ways can you say that?) I just got the same old spiel--put them on Care Credit, No I say I don't want to do that. (unfortunately in a moment of weakness a couple of months back I applied for it and it was denied--obviously I have a horrible credit rating from some really bad choices in the past) Then they say well put them on a credit card--I don't have credit cards (got me in too much trouble before). Then they just look puzzled at me. I guess they've never met anyone with credit problems before, or money issues. So my question for ya'll is this--if I'm on the gold plan, what plan would I move up to without bars? I may need to explain that to them, because they don't seem to understand the concept of a no-bars diet. I guess the alternative is to lie to them and say I'm on bars when I'm really eating the substitutes. But I hate that, and anyway eventually some of the quicker ones will catch on that I'm not buying bars.

Sorry ya'll I am just feeling frustrated. But I am a single mom with a daughter who is a freshman in college and we're trying to do this thing without incurring a huge college debt.

've lost almost 40 lbs since June and I really wanna stick around. I love the bars, but they are just so darn expensive!!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:31 PM   #1038  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Nicole - My COD said Purple started at 220 and Gold started at 180. That's with Lites. Tell them to check again. If you get no satisfaction, call the 800 number on your Lites box and speak with someone there. They will call the COD.

Martha - See my post above to Nicole about the 800 number for getting something done if the COD manager won't help/listen to you. If you aren't doing bars, you should be moved to purple.

Sorry y'all are having such bad experiences. Like Deb, I really like the girls at my COD. They know what they're doing for the most part, have good training, and seem to be on the same page with each other. Remember girls - YOU are the customer, and YOU are PAYING THEM for a service. THEY need to provide the service. If they are not, go above their heads. For counselors, it's the COD manager. If you need to go further, call the 800 number and speak with someone there. Good luck and let us know what happens.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #1039  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Martha-you'd move up to purple . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #1040  

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys... when I went to WI yesterday the regional manager was there. The counselor called her over and she spent about 1/2 hour with me going over my diary and making suggestions as to how to get the scale to move. She basically said I was doing great with getting things in and getting variety, but made a couple of suggestions. Not condescending, but just little things that I could try. She even said not to worry that since I'm following the plan, if I run out of weeks, I've locked in the weight so don't worry about it.

The scale moved down .6 for the first time in a week, and then they did my measurements. I only lost about 4-5lbs last month, but I lost 1.75" from my bust, and 3" from my waist and 3" from my hips. Nothing from my thighs. But I asked her if she was sure she did it right. I was in shock. So... here's hoping the scale moves tomorrow, but at least I know the month wasn't for nothing, and it makes the scale crawl a lot more bearable.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #1041  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Thanks for the info on moving up to purple. Cassi--I assume that cute patootie in your avatar is DS? You are doing so great!! stupid scale... inches do matter!!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #1042  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow Cassi.......your clothes must fit much better. My mom always told me not to be so obsessed with the scale, to determine my accomplishments by how my favorite pair of jeans fit. You know, mom always knows best

So, do you think I should question my plan, or just leave well enough alone if my WI goes well tomorrow? I hate to mess with a good thing.......but I also hate to mess things up.

Thanks for you help everyone!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #1043  

I would say something. And if that doesn't work, I would say it again and again. You are 36lb from where gold would start, and only 4lb from the highest purple weight. Too little food will lead you to stall. COD will be the first to tell you that if you miss an exchange. Plus... maybe you can convince them to add a week or two (isn't that how long you've been doing this?) since they messed up at the beginning.

Just my two cents...
Old 10-26-2006, 08:22 PM   #1044  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Everyone
The usual crazy week with the two little girls. I haven't been able to exercise once as DH has been out working every night so I've been on solo duty for bath and bedtimes. Haven't been able to get my own supper till after 9:00 so getting hungry!
Hoping to move closer to Onderland tomorrow, if there is loss for a manic, running all over while POP I deserve some loss tomorrow! Might be a bit too much to expect it by Halloween but here is hoping.
For all our sick girls I hope you are all feeling better!! Some of you have had some really lousy luck on the health front. 2Bfit I hope your dad is better.
To everyone that is stuck I think it was Nicole that said we are too obsessed with the scale and we should measure ourselves by jeans. Let's all try to promise we won't let that ridiculous machine with the numbers on it rule our lives!
I'll get a few of my super recipes in and with some help from Pearl and Cassi see if we can spice up our next few weeks.

Hang in there girls and let's go get em this weekend!

Hugs to all
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #1045  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Wow, you ladies are a chatty bunch! I can't keep up!!!

JM, congratulations!!! You are such a great person, you will make a great mother. I will keep you in my thoughts as you go through the homestudy process. And make sure you keep us posted!!! That is so exciting!

Deb, congrats on taking the plunge to the lower weight. I know just how you feel! I don't think I have been below 170 since my sophomore year in high school, so I will be charting unfamiliar territories eventually too. Of course I have a lot further to go than you do, but I know I will get there!!!

Cassi, DSs costume is adorable!!! (and so is he! )

Lori, I, too, am uncomfortable with Halloween! We have these little candies "hidden" in the house (like I don't know where they are hidden). I am trying to remind myself ... if I go eat that candy, I am deliberately saying "no" to losing today. So far, I am able to hold off. But I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to!

MickeySue, my DS (almost 4) is going as Spiderman, my DD (19 months) is going as Cinderella. Of course that was a mommy decision, but she is going to look so cute!

Jamie, Batman and Robin -- how cute!!!! I tried to do something similar with my little ones -- but DH was not having any part of it. Oh well. I'll settle for Spiderman and Cinderella.

Nicole, I'm no help for the plans. I have been told I will be on Red until I reach goal. I don't do lites. They told me if I do lites, I'll go to Blue. So I'm not sure what weight they are switching people to purple/gold?

Ulanda, I'm so sorry about your situation right now with your dad. I know it must be hard! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

Martha, don't let them pressure you into making purchases you can't afford! You CAN be successful without the bars. There are plenty of us on here who are testaments of that. It does seem like some CODs pressure people more than others. But, again, getting yourself physically healthy at the risk of total fiscal unhealth is not , what I consider, a good compromise. (But that's my humble opinion!)

KrispieD, you are SOOOO close to onederland!!! I can't wait to be there!!!

Katie, I saw your posts about the credit issue. How long will that take to get corrected?

All, since I have not been around in a while, wondering ... do we still hear from Deetsmom, shennie, carmen, milca, barb, heatherCP, heatherPP?? I miss those ladies!!!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #1046  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Hello All! Had to brag....even after my pizza party disaster....no lettuce?....I finally made it to onderland!!!!!! So proud of me...maybe my DH will help me celebrate....gotta' go! Mayb eI should clarify, I am bragging about onderland after pizza party not celebrating...as DH is still watching the Cardinal game, I am going to bed, to sleep.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 PM   #1047  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! I have had the worst headache all day. I had it when I woke up so it wasn't because of TO. I think I've done pretty good on the TO today though. I hope it works because my home scale was up 4 pounds this AM. However, after the fiber fest and what it did to my insides just after lunch.... I'm willing to bet there's a loss!! TMI I know, but hey....

Second day of TO tomorrow, and it may be a little tough. They are doing the birthday breakfast at work for me and 2 other girls, and then tomorrow night is the Harvest Day at my kids' school, and they are having a dinner and dance tomorrow night that I'll be going to. Hopefully there will be meat and green salad for dinner!!!

Congrats to you losers! I am going to WI tomorrow even though I know I'm up, but I am not bringing my diary. It was almost done, so I'm going to tell them I ran out of pages ans need a new one..... I just can't face them knowing how bad I've been!! Isn't that awful???

Anyway, I'm headed for bed and hopefully this headache will be gone by morning.

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:34 AM   #1048  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Michelle.......congrats on onederland!!!!!!!!!! I won't even tell you how many days it took me to figure out just exactly what onderalnd is I would be dancing on the ceiling if I were you!!! I also got a kick out of your non-celebration with DH because of the Cardinals game. Is it the entire state that becomes one tracked during "red october?????" I am not originally from MO, so I am just blown away. My kids had no homework yesterday, so they could watch the Cardinals. They have, "wear your cardinals gear to school day," every year at this time. I think it is good to have team spirit, but it is a bit over the top. And I do know about team spirit, as I am originally from WI, and am a die hard Green Bay Packers fan. I just really get a kick out of the Cardinals fans. And, I am pretty happy that they won last night

Tonight I have my mom and sister comming into town. Tomorrow, I have two of my Aunts and Uncles comming. They will all be here for the weekend. I have to cook delicious food for them. Tomorrow, we are celebrating my DS's 2nd birthday )the actual day was yesterday). I have to make him cake. Cake is the devil. I make great cake. I make delicious frosting.......and I make pretty cakes........I have all the tools to decorate any kind of cake you can imagine. I used to make the cakes for all the special occassions for my family, friends, and their families. Oh, and I love frosting. Did I mention I love cake? I am not super worried, but I have to admit, yesterday it was pretty hard not to finish my kids' dinners, and eat the rest of the cantelope. I think the newness is wearing off, and temptation is going to be all around me this weekend. I really hope WI goes well this afternoon, because that is the best kind of encouragement there is......and I will really need it to stay strong this weekend.

Oh heck.........my baby just woke up........and I wasn't quite ready....ok, well, I have to run......I will check back later this a.m.

EVERYONE.......have a great POP day!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:29 AM   #1049  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Well, WI this morning and I was down another 1.2 lbs for a total of 5.8 since last saturday am when I started. I am on red with no lites as I refused to use them. I didn't get any flack over it either, they just changed my plan. I get weighed again on monday.

Bye for now...Be back later

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:37 AM   #1050  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Quick question. Does anyone know what you would count this Oatmeal as far as exchanges.? I've never been an oatmeal lover, but I here so many good things about outmeal and the hungry girl site rated a bunch and this one appealed the most.

Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal

(1 packet of 45g: 160 calories, 3g fat, 260-270mg sodium, 29 carbs, 6g fiber, 1g sugar, 7g protein)

This popular new oatmeal is a lot like Quaker's regular hot cereal, except it has 6g of fiber and 7g of protein and it's very low in sugar. This is GREAT because both fiber and protein are proven fat-fighters. Quaker Weight Control currently comes in 2 flavors: Banana Bread and Cinnamon. Check 'em out. We love the stuff. (3.5 calories per gram)
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote