Old 10-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #961  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Height: 5'3"

Red face Here I Am!!!

HI all,
I have been around, but not doing that great.
I'm gonna ask this question and see if anyone has any ideas.
Here's the story: I had been on the Depo-Provera shot for almost 5 yrs and then went off of it for about 6 months recently, never got my TOM for all that time. I just started getting the shot again about 5 months ago and now I'm spotting all the time. I asked my COD if losing weight might have something to do with my irregularity, and they really didn't know. I'm just so upset, cuz I know that my non-loss might have to do with being on my TOM constantly...
Well, I also have a confession to make, I went out this last weekend, and the party ended up being at a SoulFood Buffet (ya'll don't wanna even know what I ate). I didn't even think twice about putting all that food on my plate. I'm just a sucker when it comes to greasy Southern food. Plus I had 2 beers on top of that!!
I had a long weekend, off from Thursday till Sunday and I know that I didn't eat OP at all. Well, come Monday at WI, I was only up .8 and was jazzed!! Butt, I'm still wondering if I'm "stuck" cuz of my TOM coming all the time... HELP SOMEONE!!! I'm thinking about doing a TO soon if something doesn't change. Oh and Lemon water has been my friend all week long since my binge.
Well enough about me, CONGRATS to everybuddy on their losses and keep up the good, no GREAT work!!
I know WE ALL can do it, sometimes we just get a bit sidetracked.

Thanks all for reading my vent and problem!!
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #962  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

hey there!

I go to WI again on friday, morning likely. DH goes away this weekend so I think I am going to try the Pitza recipe from the site on saturday and maybe try and make my own french fries in the oven on sunday with a little olive oil and spices. I will admit I am getting bored with salads, but they do add some bulk when I am hungry for very few calories. Just finished a snack of cucmber slices and celery sticks (not wonderful...but they did the trick!!)

For everyone who has lost this week, a hearty congrats goes out to all of you. For those struggling a bit remember take each day as it comes and if that is too much take hour by hour. Every good decision you make will pay off in the end in one form or another. We all slip now and then (me many times in the past) but we need to pick ourselves up and make today a new day!!!

Have a great one girls!!

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #963  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Jenn - Call your make an appt. w/ the doctor who administers your shots and show him/her the program, and ask your questions. Hopefully you'll get an answer. I'm not sure of the side effects of the depo provera, so I don't know the answer. And regardless of TOM all the time, the chemical makeup of the shot itself may do something. Stay strong and stay OP. That's all you can do. I've been a "slow loser" the whole time except for the first month. It's something you just learn to deal with and move on.

So you lose slower than others... you can look back six months from now and be the same or heavier, or you can be less. The choice is yours. Every day. This is the reality, and this is what I am realizing.

HANG IN THERE! And let us know what the Dr. says.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #964  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone,

How is it going? Thank you to all who are praying for my father. He is going to need it. He goes in for surgery this afternoon and I will go see him after work.

Speaking on WI, I don't go 3 times a week anymore. It was really frustrating for me to have the roller coaster happening. I go on Saturday mornings only. I have to say that I would like to see it come off a little faster. I have high hopes for Christmas.

One NSV, Yesterday I was able to get into a pair of my 10's. I have multiple sizes in my closed and honestly when I lose the weight, I could probably shop in my own closets (I have 2). They were a little snug, but I got them on and zipped. I didn't wear them out in public of course, because I still have a little too much junk in my trunk! (Big behind) But it was a good feeling to be able to put them all the way on.

Everyone have a wonderful POP day!

Ulanda
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:49 AM   #965  

WTG Ulanda! I'll be thinking of you and your family today.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:49 AM   #966  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Jenn-

I've been having the same problem-for the last couple of months I have had 4 or 5 periods a month-a "normal", a couple "light" and a couple spotting. I finally went into the doctor about it (cause it's REALLY annoying to randomly start TOM during really inconvenient times-like at mile 7 of a 10 mile walk), and she really wasn't sure what was going on. It could be the marathon training or the weight loss. We decided to go ahead and put me on BC to see if it helps. If I would remember to actually take the damn things-I could tell you if it was working . . . .

So-since we both are having the same issues-maybe it is the weight loss . . . .I used to spot occaisonally and was told that fat cells store and release estrogen-so obese people did spot mid-cycle often. Maybe as we lose fat-we're releasing estrogen? I dunno . . . .

So-no answers for you-but I can commiserate . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #967  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Ulanda - That's a HUGE NSV!! I'm just glad that my 14's are loss... Keep up the good work!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #968  

JM and Jenn - For what it's worth, I was going 10 weeks between cycles, but I was nursing DS so OB couldn't put me on anything. Then, after nursing was over, I started having TOM continuously - really heavy (more than one change an hour) for a few days, then down to spotting, and then over again. After a few months on the pill with still no relief, I got to the placebo pills at the end, it just got really bad. They ended up doing a D&C (a little "dusting and cleaning" lol) and put me on Seasonale, which is a pill that you take continuously for 12 weeks and then one week of placebo. Only four periods a year. Did the trick! Just a suggestion.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #969  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Cassi-thanks for the advice. I go back for my annual in 3 months so we'll see ehat happens with the BC pills between now and then. Hopefully it'll all work itself out . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #970  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Thanks all for the help and suggestions. It's just a pain in the A** to have to deal with this when it's supposed to be GONE!! LOL
I will put a call in to my Doc and see what she says.

Ciao 4 now Chickies!!
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #971  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hey gang! Just popping in to say hi there! I'm reading, if not posting.

Good luck to everyone WI today... I'm there with ya!

OK- dumb confession time. Hello, my name is Lori - I am a compliment junkie ~ can you notice that I've lost a lot of weight? I sit on an advisory committee for an early childhood education group. The committee meets three times a year - the last meeting was in March. Needless to say, I've lost a lot of extra me since then, and the compliments have really been flying lately. EVERYONE has noticed, and I'll admit, I'm likin' it! Anyway.... we had our committee meeting on Monday and no one says a thing! I mean DANG! I am 65 pounds lighter than last I saw you, and nothing? WOW! I hadn't realized how I was lapping up the compliments until there were none! It kind of ruined the whole rest of my day! How sad it is...... Ok, so I'm poking fun at myself, but it made me realize how much I LIKED people noticing that I had lost a lot of weight.

Off to go WI and then to see if I'm smart enough to figure out the Post Office box comination for the hockey association. I've been 3 times and not been smart enough to open the box....
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:21 PM   #972  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Lori, don't feel bad, you are not alone!!!! I have been struggling with this the whole time. It started for me back in March. I saw some friends I hadn't seen in a few months. I had lost 30 lbs. ONE out of six people finally said, "Erin, you look good!" and that was it.

I saw the same group of people a few months later. By this time, 50 lbs gone. No one says a word.

I saw them again a month or so ago, and they all went bonkers! Compliments were flying!!! I don't know. I guess some people are complimenters, some people are not. I do know that at work, I get compliments regularly. But for some reason, from the people I haven't seen in a while -- the ones who should REALLY notice -- I get minimal to no comments. I can't decide if it's: (1) because they are so self-centered they don't notice anything but themselves; (2) they have seen me at several weights, and can't remember what i looked like the last time; (3) they are just not comfortable bringing up weight for fear of offending me; or (4) some combo of all of the above. I choose to believe it's usually #4.

But you DO look great!!!!!! Congrats on your loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:59 PM   #973  
FBD/8-18-08

Okay ladies - Ya'll know... it's not POLITE to mention one's weight! (said in a TRUE southern drawl!) I've always been "real" about my size and the first one to joke about it... It's not like I could "pretent" I wasn't fat... so the people that know me best - are my best supporters. And the ones that don't know the "me" that's under all this insulation... are afraid to say anything. They notice!!! Some of them are even under a little condemnation because of it... but what are they going to say? "You've lost a TON of weight! Of course, you weighed a TON before!!" ? Let's admit it, most of us stick our foot in our mouth up to the ankle most of the time anyway...
So, go take a look in the mirror and give YOURSELF a compliment!

P.S. - Lori - A compliment DOES put a little hitch in your gitty-up!!!
Gotta go... busy, busy, busy...
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:18 PM   #974  

Good Morning Ladies-

Today is my first day of the master cleanse and its going surprisingly smooth.. (no joke, but TO is a piece of cake compared to this) anyways i am not tired or dizzy but i am just craving stuff, anything!!! My head is hurting and my sinuses are acting up, but i am coughing everythig out (gross i know) but i do feel great! Its just amazing!

Pittie- Spotting is very likely when taking Depo-provera and also keep in my that any kind of bc slows down weight loss (in most woman, not all of them) and specially the shot because it gives you all the hormones at once! Talk to your doctor about it, and also as Juliemarie says it could be from the diet and your body adjusting to it...

JulieMarie-How have you been???? Ditto on the remembering the BC, i am on ortho tryciclen LO but cannot remember to take the stuff around the same time daily...pain in the @$$

Lori- Lots of people are scare of commenting on your weight because they assume that you had some seriuous sickness that maybe you drop so much so fast! Seriously!!! They dont wanna be like, " you lost so much weight and are looking so good" and the response being "yes, i had cancer" ... dont be offended! But we all know and see how much you have lost and how great you look!!!! Congrats!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #975  

Rebeca - Glad the cleanse is going well. Great perspective on the b/c with getting all the hormones at once. Never thought of that, but it makes sense. And same thing with the WL. Stay strong through the cleanse. Just think how great you'll feel when you go home to see your family!