3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL losers and friends Oct. 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/95030-lawl-losers-friends-oct-2006-a.html)

juliemarie 10-05-2006 01:22 PM

Rebeca-

Thanks-and yes-I've just started the process to adopt a little girl from Vietnam. I may take a boy-but as a single mother-I thought it would probably be better to get a girl . . .I don't know-I go back and forth on this. I shouldn't care about the gender of a child, right? I have friends that just got back form Vietnam with their little precious boy and while they were gone I went ahead and sent in the application. I've been thinking about it for awhile now-but was worried about he cost and whether or not I make enough to care for a child (daycare, etc). But-even the agency says that it's a misconception that you have to be wealthy to adopt-the important thing is a loving home for a child that needs one. They say a lot of folks don't consider adoption because they don't think they would be approved (which is what I was going through-but decided-what the heck?). That made me feel a lot better. So-wish me luck!

juliemarie 10-05-2006 01:25 PM

Cassi-you're right-I probably shouldn't have done TO so quickly-I was thinking I'd wait a few days. But when i got on the scale Tues-I FREAKED out! And didn't have a perfect TO-but it did work some. The carb cravings are gone-but I was so hungry-which is unusual for me on TO. My body probably wanted more food-and I gave it some:D Not starches though-just extra protein and some applesauce and strawberries.

Thanks for the hugs . . .

winkie03 10-05-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliemarie (Post 1429154)
thanks evette-I don't know why I needed to hear that from someone-but I did. . .

BTW-I know everybody's telling you this-but you rock the LAWL program!

Thank you Juliemarie, but I'm supposed to be lifting YOUR spirits, remember.... who's the one in a funk!! haha! :)

Rebeca 10-05-2006 01:32 PM

Juliemarie- The adimiration that i had for you just trippled! YOu are such a loving woman with a great heart! you are saving a child from hunger and misery and giving them the best life they could ever have, you are an angel that was meant to save someone! I am sooooo proud to know such a caring person as you! Whether a girl or a boy just follow your heart! That is a reason why God put in your heart that a girl might be better or a boy, but you will know when you look at their face when its meant to be! I am soooo thrilled for you!!!!

momofbg 10-05-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebeca (Post 1426804)
Mamo- I am brazilian, been in the states for 7 years without seeing my family! My Dh is from here and this will be his first time out of the country! I am sooo excited... We are staying in Belo Horizonte (my home town) and we are going to Espirito Santo too! Where did you live while staying there?

I lived in Santa Barbara d'Oeste SP. I did a LOT of traveling while I was there. I went to Belo Horizonte for a few days. I love it there I WANT TO GO BACK SO BAD I would like to take my family as well.

bizlawchik 10-05-2006 02:02 PM

Good afternoon girls! TO was kind to me. I lost 3.8 since Monday! Woo Hoo - I am back on track. Even though I gained this past weekend, I think I needed it. I've been good with only the occasional slip for six months.

I met with the manager of the COD today at WI and she was looking at my book and saying "Can we hang this up? You are doing everything perfectly. You're really taking this seriously (meant in a good way)." It was great to hear. She asked if I plan the night before and I told her I do it for the week and she was impressed. I felt like I had gotten a gold star from the teacher (lol). It was nice to hear, anyway. So... back OP for me, and I am re-engergized and recharged!

Hope everyone else is having a POP day!

Boo'sMom 10-05-2006 02:08 PM

JM--add me to your long list of admirers!! What you have done and are doing is absolutely amazing in every way. I never thought about the "let down" of post marathon but it makes sense when you so focused on something so huge then sudden;y--it's over. But now you have the ultimate goal in sight--a child to raise. What a lucky child this will be. Parents always feel they are the lucky ones but I think all these loved and adored babies are just pretty darn lucky, too! You will make a fabulous mother--whether is a boy or girl (of course I am partial to girls!). Your body will line itself out--I have no doubt this gain is temporary and you'll be back on track pronto. Take care of yourself and keep us posted on the proceedings. What's the time-frame??

Hi to everyone--been busy in the office and need to get back--secretary is out.

Pearl--I had to respond on the girls--first--THANKS--We think they are pretty adorable (when they aren't trying to kill each other!). I'll put the bat on my Walmart list. The fact they have a BIG, silent daddy will help. Those poor boys don't even have a shot!

Hope you all have a great one. I have been terrible for 2 days so I hate to post when I am such a loser--and not in a good way!

PittieMomma 10-05-2006 02:28 PM

Hey all, I'm actually going to try what Pearl mentioned about writing this in Word and then copying and pasting. I was feeling a bit like I wasn't participating in many discussions or not being personal enough when you all have helped me so much.
So here goes!!! :flow1:

Reddeborah: Thanks for the mention. I am losing for now, but I have a habit that I’m trying really hard to break and that’s messing all this up on the weekends. I’m gonna try much harder this weekend because I don’t want to go back into the 240’s. :crossed:

Lotta: Thanks 2 U 2!! I still don’t believe they let Nelson go, he was just a big sweetheart!! And why, oh why don’t they see that this other chick isn’t going to be good for them in the long run??? And Takeaways???? I’m confused…

Repogirl: Thanks!!

KMG: IT’S ABOUT DANG TIME!!! hehehe, gotta give you a hard time, that’s what neighbors are for… J Keep it up woman, we’re gonna be 2 HOT Italian Momma’s!!!

Nancy: I’m in Illinois and I just found the juice at a store called Fruitful Yield. Google it and see if you have them there in Indiana. It was like 3 bucks a bottle and I bought some fiber there too!! One stop shopping!!! hehe Or just call around to the health food stores and ask them if they carry it. I’m sure not all of them are listed with Knudsen’s website.

Cassi: Thanks and remember, you started all of this, so MUCH thanks 2 U, and congrats on your GREAT loss!! :carrot:

Kim: Once again that woman is going to be the “death” of the red team. I was screaming at the TV too, my son thought I was nuts for getting so involved. I also cried when they let Nelson go, and that just proved to my son that I was nuts!!! He just laughed at me…

Ljackson: Calling you that cuz I don’t know your name!! Yes, Kathy and I go together and we do go to the one on Rt. 59. It’s on the way home for me and not too far for Kathy to come out to do WI and get lectured… J We are actually neighbors, right next door to each other and she’s the one who got me into this program. I found this site though and told her about it and how wonderful it was and about how everyone was working together and all the great support. I wish right now I could afford a gym too, but this is a bite out of my monthly allotment already. I’m a single mom, so every penny counts, too much!! I am thinking though about buying an elliptical to up my workouts when I can’t walk my poochie! This site is a blessing though, and I’ve loved every minute of it so far. I’ve been playing too much though at work and I really should curb my online time. (as it sit here at work writing this)… oops!! What gym are you going to if I might ask??

Pearl: I love reading what you write. Your so very funny and it comes across in your postings. I wish I had that gift with words… And, thanks for the kind words. I guess I should brag, umm post more often!!

Once again, thanks to EVERYONE for being such great supporters and inspiration!!

I will PROMISE to behave this weekend, and then to let you all know how I behaved next week. Well maybe I should post on the weekend and then ya’ll can yell at me if I start misbehaving… lol :kickbutt:

LittleBlueCat 10-05-2006 02:52 PM

Pearl – As usual, you have the best advice, for posting to use a separate word document to help looking at posting and typing back at the same time. Also, thanks for the tip about the K-Juice. I’ll swing by Walgreen next time I go that way and see if they have the Hollywood Diet Juice, in case I’ll need it one day, and I’ll know they have it.

Joni – Thank you too, for your tip. It does help for I’m doing it now!! Oh, I’m gonna write it down, that I can also sub cantaloupe or 2 oranges each day. I’ll do my research, and if I ever start stalling, I’ll be ready!

Cassie – Awesome WI!! And I noticed you changed your ticker!

Jenn – I have searched on Fruitful Yield web site, and they have 10 stores, but they are all in Illinois. That’s ok, though, if I won’t be able to find the Hollywood Juice, then I’ll just do the fruit things…

Thank you all for the wonderful support, even I don’t post as much, but I “check in” at least 2-3 time a day. So behave yourself, chickies, and have a POP day!

Bajachick3 10-05-2006 03:04 PM

I read all the :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: posts to JulieMarie....about her letdown...it has helped mine today....Just a little blue funk....Is the honeymoon over with LAWL..no no it is not!!! I just need to get my rear in gear and work out...That will help????and work on the house,,Yeh!!! thanks for everything..nance:?:

juliemarie 10-05-2006 03:09 PM

Boo-you're such a sweetie! My mood is improving thanks to you guys. Still feel fat today though! Water, water, water . . . Oh-the timeline for the adoption-hopefully around 9-12 months.

BC-you know-the lack of exercise since Sunday probably isn't helping my mood any. I felt weird last week too-since I had to taper off the walking and didn't want to risk pulling any muscles at the gym right before the big day. Unfortunately-my baby pinky toe is still having issues-and proper shoes ain't happening. I'm hoping to be back full force on Sunday or Monday.

So-what's your excuse? Get to the gym girl!

Kimphin 10-05-2006 03:15 PM

Juliemarie - You just hang in there, girl! I am truly amazed at what you've done so far... If you have the kind of mental strength to lose the weight you have, and finish marathons, I know you can get through this period of blahs. My SIL adopted 2 seperate times from Russia, and I know how much work is involved in just getting to gotcha day. You are a special lady.

Cassi - you are an LA superstar! You really have opened my eyes to some new ways to think about the plan - thanks for that!

Pearl - you're cracking me up today! New definition for POP, indeed. Thanks for the glasses compliment - actually I'm contemplating laser correction as my reward for reaching final goal, but I'm a big chicken (or is that chick?).

Nance - I do have to say that exercise does a body good, something about that lingering ache that keeps you from reaching for a poor food choice - (or it could be that I cannot lift my arms higher than my waist after a workout....)

See you ladies tomorrow!

momofbg 10-05-2006 03:28 PM

Has everyone try the LA slim down Vanilla frozen and mix it with a frozen banana. I think it's very good

Bajachick3 10-05-2006 04:34 PM

You chicks are right---back from a walk

I dooo feel better..Went for a walk with my golden. He does loves life and anything about it . Just being with my dog helps the spirit. Well DH is sooo supportive. I told him I was not having fun.hee hee...He is sooo cute..He said oh no you are the fun myster...whatever that means. .hee hee. Yes exercise helps...even if is just a walk...Such a rally of support is wonderful...JM are you feeling better. ???? :carrot: :carrot: I still like the carrot!!!

MickeySue 10-05-2006 04:43 PM

I have been trying to eat all my food except dinner before 5 p.m. and then I eat dinner at 6:30. Except Tues. & Thur. where I don't eat dinner till 8:30. I hope this will help...I know you all are saying that I am not at a plateau so to speak for a week of suitableness. But I am truly feeling at a loss....I just started and surely it is not normal to not see any loss in the 3rd week, going on 4th. Also, my scales says I have now gained....WI tonight at the center so I will see.... I am just frustrated, where's my .2 down? heck I'd take a .1 down and feel better, just something!

Sorry, I suppose I shouldn't be whining and bringing every one down. You all are really moving on your scales and I think it is great! I will quit being the 27 old baby that I am now! Have a good evening all....I will check in this evening after WI.