3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL losers and friends Oct. 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/95030-lawl-losers-friends-oct-2006-a.html)

Boo'sMom 10-03-2006 01:33 PM

AWWW girls--you are all too sweet. I failed to mention the other lady is my aunt--not my mom. We all had a good time. I e-mailed my mom the photo and of course she loved it.

I love the new avatars--Lori--love the goofiness but we can't see your face!

Sorry no time for personals--I am reading though. I have a very high maintenance kid today--has wasted the entire morning and can't believe he doesn't have his worked even partially complete. UGH. Katie--keep coming back--we miss you! Lori--I am too envious of your digital mammo--I'm pretty sure mine will not be on Tuesday--again with the ugh! More later gals!

bizlawchik 10-03-2006 01:35 PM

SAHM - I weigh myself every morning at home too. Can't help it!

We had a discussion awhile ago about planning, and how important it is to your success on the program. I plan on Saturday my next week's meals, then I make my list based on that and go shopping Sunday. It really helps to have everything planned ahead so that when life goes crazy and you have a busy night, you don't have to think or fall prey to pizza or take out.

I have a very picky family, so when I first started, DH agreed to be in charge of his and the kids' meals. I would make my menu and if they wanted to have what I was having, fine, if not, it was up to him to get them fed. It really helped while I was learning the ropes. I knew I was just responsible for me, and didn't have to cook two dinners. Plus it got DH and I together in the kitchen at the same time and we got to talk a little more. I told him that if I was going to spend this kind of money on a program, I needed the whole family to help me commit. He's been great, and I think his support has made all the difference.

MickeySue 10-03-2006 01:49 PM

I plan 2-3 days in advance. On the weekends I cook up a pkg. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, grill turkey burgers, and bake fish. I then put individual servings in ziplock bags and refreeze what is refreezable fridge the rest. I also make up ziplock salad bags in portion sizes and portion sized fruit bags. This makes it so easy to eat based on what sounds good today instead of what I thought would be good last week.....but that's just me. I also have my own shelf, veggie drawer, and condiment shelf in the fridge for my LAWL approved foods...so I don't accidently grab DH ranch dressing instead of mine or the reg. cream cheese spread.

reddeborah 10-03-2006 02:06 PM

Hi Chickies!

Day one of TO and so far so good. Not too hungry. I think I may actually be successful this time. Thanks for all the support, girlfriends - it's just what I need. :hug:

Rebeca: How old are you child???? You look no older than my oldest daughter who is 21!!! :flow1:

Pearl: I love the "Just wait and see". At the pre-dinner pre-homecoming party a friend of mine asked if I had lost weight. I think that was the first person to say something, other than family members. My two closest girlfriends, who are also overweight, haven't said a peep - weird. :?:

Katie: 55 hours??? I hope you're getting the other OT, (overtime).
Come back when you can..... I miss your voice. :listen:

Cassi: What a guy! Is he still doing that? My DH is never home at dinner time but even if he was I don't think he'd be cooking for himself and the kids. He'd be taking them to restaurants. Thanks for the TO advice too! :thanks:

Michelle: 8 pounds! wtg.:carrot:

And for everyone, a little magic dust!!!! :dust:

bizlawchik 10-03-2006 02:38 PM

Reddeb - Yeah, DH still does it. Except now he tends to join me more for my dinners, and I've been making some of the kids' dinners too. It's gotten a lot easier since I've started doing this, but when you're first starting and this whole thing is so new, it's such a big help to have everything as easy as possible.

Glad the TO is going OK. Just remember to keep sipping all day long and you won't get too hungry. Also, I have some blueberry herbal tea that I have with a pkt of Splenda if I start getting hungry, and I've had the low-sodium broth. Just keeping warm liquid around helps me a lot.

Rebeca 10-03-2006 03:11 PM

Redde - I just turned 20 last month! Not old enough to do the things i been doing since i was 13... lol (read that in a keychain dh gave me)

Kimphin 10-03-2006 03:46 PM

OK, got on the home scale - up 2.4 - EEK! The 1st day of TO is going OK, though, so hope to see that go away soon.

Heading to the gym for a scuplt class this afternoon. I am really looking forward to my 2oz of protein tonight!

And yes, Cassi - unfortunately the desserts were good.:o

MickeySue 10-03-2006 04:09 PM

Look at all these avatar pics! WOW! I don't have any idea what I would need to do to get you all a picture of my beautiful self! I have no scanners, no digital camera, nothing! Maybe I should start my Santa Wish List early? Hmmm....
None the less, nice pic Kim.

momofbg 10-03-2006 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=Rebeca;1424892]Helllooooo guyzzzz!!! I bought my tickets to Brazil and that is what my new goal is, to be looking FLABLESS AND FABLOUS before getting in that plain! I have 8 weeks, therefore at least 16lbs to be gone before than! I erased my old weight because from now on I dont wanna look at that 189, lets just pretend the highest I have ever been is 175!!!

Did I miss it why are you going to Brazil? I love Brazil I lived there for a year. I can not wait to go back.

Rebeca 10-03-2006 04:21 PM

Mamo- I am brazilian, been in the states for 7 years without seeing my family! My Dh is from here and this will be his first time out of the country! I am sooo excited... We are staying in Belo Horizonte (my home town) and we are going to Espirito Santo too! Where did you live while staying there?

Repo girl 10-03-2006 04:37 PM

Hey guys! I am so glad that this is day 2 of TO. I bought 4 Lunas and did the limited TO this time. I don't know you guys do it. I am starving! Good thing for lots of tea and stuff. Loving the bars, but later I will hate what they do to my tummy. I am eating some chicken and lettuce right now with a little FF Poppyseed dressing. I have a really sad viewing to go to this evening. The brother of some good friends of ours and his wife and 4 year old daughter were killed Friday night when their brand new home exploded. I want to support my friends, but man this is gonna be hard. So sad for the family, but how lucky are the parents, really? They all went together. Anyway, I am guessing that the viewing will be huge so we are going to early.

Reddeb- Actually I am on salary, so it is really insane to work these kinds of hours. Glad that TO is going well. Keep to the faith!!!

MickeySue 10-03-2006 04:37 PM

This little piggy went to the market....

going to the grocery gettin place, pickin' up DS (he's testing for his next karate belt tonight!), then WI. Wish me luck!!! will post later any gains or losses.

Joni135 10-03-2006 05:58 PM

Katie - so sad to read the news about your friend's brother and family. It's things like this that make me realize how small my problems and woes are.

Prazteam 10-03-2006 07:04 PM

Katie - It will be tough but sometimes all that is needed is a strong shoulder or a really good listener or just someone to cry with without trying to "make it all better".
We say the stupidest things sometimes to mourners and I've found in ministry, it is a lot better to be still and listen. My prayers are with you tonight to be a blessing to this family in this terrible time of sorrow and pain. I know you can do it!
Blessings,

Repo girl 10-03-2006 07:21 PM

Thanks Pearl, that is exactly what I needed to hear.