3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL losers and friends Oct. 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/95030-lawl-losers-friends-oct-2006-a.html)

Bajachick3 10-07-2006 09:14 PM

repo girl....sorry your weather gets to you..hang in there....

Martha --good job...

Bajachick3 10-07-2006 09:16 PM

Got question chickies....important....Does anyone ever have 2 starches at the same time???? I like to have a baked potato at nite sometimes...So far it has been ok..Just curious of others do this also.....thanks for the info...BC

LittleBlueCat 10-07-2006 09:23 PM

Nance - I was told that it is ok to that once in a while, but try not to do that everyday. Sometimes, I miss having a "real" sandwich, with 2 slices of bread, then I use both starches at the same meal. So I think it is ok. I do that like, maybe once a week. Usually on the weekend, for I always take a Lean Cuisine for my lunch at work and that is 1P and 1S.

bizlawchik 10-07-2006 09:27 PM

2bfit - I'm not an expert, and maybe the other girls can chime in with their opinion, but it sounds to me like you should be on gold, which is 2 plans down from what you're on (which could be why you're not losing). Maybe you can call the 800 number on the bars. They have a customer service center that will call your center to see what's up. Sometimes a call from "corporate" makes things happen.

Will catch up more when I get DS to sleep...

LittleBlueCat 10-07-2006 09:36 PM

2bfit - I agree with Cassi. My WI on Friday after work put me at 179.60. They immediately changed me from Purple to Gold Plan. I also walk 2-3 times a week, 2 miles each time. Sometimes I walk in the evening with the family 1-2 miles around the neighborhood. But I didn't tell my COD about that.

bizlawchik 10-07-2006 09:56 PM

Debbie - On this program, you will pay up front for your weight loss weeks, and your 52 weeks of maintenance. That's why it seems like so much more money than other programs. But I think week by week, it's cheaper than Weight Watchers (except with WW you wouldn't pay for maintenance). You do get to eat your own food (unlike NutriSystem and Jenny Craig), and you do get to eat real food (unlike Medifast, Optifast, etc.). You begin the program with Fast Forward, which is what we call "unlimited TO". You use the TO juice and get unlimited green vegetables and unlimited protein. This is for the first two days. Then you go back in to the COD to get your program. This is when they hit you with the package for the bars. As part of the program, you get two LA Lites/day. They have bars, which are like candy bars with some soy protein in them. They are pretty tasty and satisfy your sweet tooth. They also have shakes, smoothies, hot chocolate and soups. The bars are expensive. I did not buy a bulk purchase at the beginning. If you have a corporate center, you will have "double boxes" of 14 bars. If you have a franchise center, you will have single boxes of 7 bars each. You can buy a bulk purchase of 20 single boxes for about $179, which is what I have been doing. A lot of others have substituted Luna Bars, Kashi Crunchy Bars or Pria Complete Bars. Still others, for either health or budget reasons, do not do the bars at all. If you don't do the bars, you will be moved up one plan higher to make up the calories. They also tell you that if you don't do the bars they can't "guarantee" your weight loss. What happens is they guarantee you will lose 2lb/week if you follow their plan. If it takes you longer, you can keep going without paying for additional weeks. Also, when you hit maintenance, if you are within 5lb of your goal weight at 6mos and 12mos after starting maintenance, you will get back 25% each time of your weight loss weeks purchased. However, even if you get the refund, you have still spent more than that on bars, so that should not be your sole motivating factor in using the bars. I was not sure if I was going to use them, but have kept it up because they are yummy, and I like them. Others don't do them, but it hasn't affected their weight loss. Believe me, if these were the "magic pill", everyone would be doing them! Sorry for making this so long, and sorry I didn't make new paragraphs to make reading easier, but I'm dealing with a 2yr old and trying to type quickly. Good luck!

reddeborah 10-07-2006 11:59 PM

Katie: Just got back from the movie. Very bloody and lots of surprises. We really enjoyed it in spite of the violence. Theater was packed and I did have a couple handfuls of popcorn. I have a question about the ending - DH and I are in disagreement. I will PM you tomorrow so I don't ruin it for any other Chickies that plan to see it. The acting was tops.....

Lots of lemon water for me tomorrow!!

Night Ladies.

Repo girl 10-08-2006 12:21 PM

reddeb- I loved it too. The violence was shocking, so was the language. My sister and I sat there giggling out of shock and stuff. My SIL said later that Katie and Kara laughed at every inappropriate point in the movie. Its true, we did. Marc Walburgs characters language really tore me up. The acting was the bomb, I agree.

I have set a new standard for myself. We are going to Vegas for 4 days over Thanksgiving. I really want to take enough money to really show my kids a good time. They have never been there, and there is so much great stuff to see. I have decided that for every day that I stay POP, I will transfer $10.00 into my savings account. I can do it online, so it should be easy. If I am POP, chances are that we ate at home, and did not spend a ton of money that day. I am very excited to try this.

ljackson 10-08-2006 12:39 PM

Well my head cold decided to settle in my chest- I can deal with that much better. So since I felt somewhat better today I decided to do TO with oranges the next 2 days. I got up early and went grocery shopping and bought all the stuff I need to stay POP all week. I might even go to the gym later today. Like I said last night, if I am going to do this, this is the time- I have no excuses, the kids are back in school, the holidays are still far off, I can just concentrate on me right now.

Katie- I like your idea, good luck
Joni- I am glad you like your spices so far- The italian sausage flavor turkey burger is the best- I have been eating that all week

Well it is a beautiful fall day today- I hope to get out and take pictures of the kiddies. Have a great day everyone! Stay POP!!!!

reddeborah 10-08-2006 12:42 PM

Katie, what a great idea! DH and I are also going to Vegas for the first time in early November. It's a "business" trip, all expenses paid and I can't wait. They have classes and seminars for the wives and I will be learning to make crystal jewelry, how to play all the table games, and lastly, how to make chocolate desserts! As for the movie, the people in our theater also laughed a lot in addition to gasping at the violence. It was the timing of events that made us laugh out loud, so I guess it wasn't just us...

DH and DS are off to the Panthers game so DD and I will hang out at home. I had one of those Morningstar breakfast patties on a lf bagel for breakfast this morning and it was delicious. Hard to believe something that tasty and filling will help keep the pounds dropping. Thanks to Cassi for that idea!

Have a great OP Sunday Chickies. We can do this. Why oh why is it so hard to do this on the weekend????????????

paulakaay 10-08-2006 12:42 PM

Hi everybody!
It's been a couple months since I visited. I hope that everyone is doing well! I have been hunting through the threads looking for info on the TO juice. I thought that there was a "substitute" that we could get in a retail store that was similar to their juice. It's been a tough couple months with very little loss but still some loss so I am thinking of trying to "juice" for a couple days to get myself back on track. Any hints?
I appreciate all your help and your good hints. Thanks again
Paula

Shaharazaud 10-08-2006 03:53 PM

Thank You

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlacarlita (Post 1424013)
Thanks Deb. I'm very glad I found this little group and am looking forward to the journey! I've already found a lot of good information here. :cheer:

Ditto

reddeborah 10-08-2006 04:11 PM

Paula and Shah....

Knudsen's Morning Blend is a good substitute. Mix the whole bottle with 6 ounces of water and (if you have it) some powdered fiber, like Optifiber made and sold by Eckerd Drug. You can buy the juice at some regular grocery stores or in a health food store. Good luck.

Bajachick3 10-08-2006 04:48 PM

have a mini challenge tonite....DH and I are going to a BBQ at some friends..good friends that support my changes...But one gal said I did not need to bring anything..I freeked!!!! whAT IF THERE IS JUST JUNK THERE!!!/....any ideas.???.I thought I might bring something anyway...they will not mind..Maybe vegies....and I really like decaf at nite when I am not drinking.....I really do not want to be a hermit.....thanks..nance:?: :?: :fr: :stress:

winkie03 10-08-2006 05:38 PM

Just me, posting my good news before the Charger game starts. I'm down 2 pounds after TOM!! woo-hoo! I hope everyone has had a POP weekend. Talk to you later gals!!