Old 07-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #811  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

So Debbie--are you saying you are a little more free with the love??? Yes, MEN!!!! Gotta love'em--well I do. It does seem the less I hate my body the "nicer" I am.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #812  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Ooooh, me too!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #813  
on LAWL

oops--computer dittoed the post
Old 07-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #814  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

You guys are gonna love this...

So I was sick last week and only went to WI Monday. I missed Wed. and Fri., and wasn't really on plan since I felt so bad and was on all kinds of meds. I go in this Monday and I'm down 2 lbs! Life was good.

Mon. afternoon after WI I went back to the doctor and he gave me a different narcotic cough syrup with an antihistimine and a shot of prednisone in my hip, to be followed up with 6 days of pills.

So... the prednisone's side effects are headache (I had that bad yesterday), weight gain, contipation, increased appetite. I also am really flushed - I look like I have sunburn.

Now, they moved me down to purple on Monday, so yesterday was the first day on the new plan, which I followed perfectly.

I go to WI today, and I am up 2.4 lbs.!!!!! Oh yeah, it is also TOM - I'm a complete mess right now.

Now, I know that it is because of the prednisone and all the other meds (they gave me a total of five prescriptions). Also, I am having bathroom issues, I was starving yesterday (but didn't give in). Do you know what my COD counselor said? She suggested that I buy the Excel and whatever the lineolic acid tablets are.... for $106! Then she suggested that when I was done the prednisone next week I should do TO, and did I want to buy the juice too, so I was ready to go with the supplements and juice as soon as the meds were done!

I told her maybe we shoul wait until the meds were done and then move to purple, but she wouldn't hear of it. I told her I am not buying anything until the meds were over, but it still pissed me off. I'm doing their friggin' lites, and I use other products, but, Jeez, that was not the time for a hard sell.

The good news is that before LAWL, I would have been really upset about the gain, but now that I can see what I am actually putting in to my body, I know it's the meds. I haven't had any problems with my COD before today, but I think that's because I've been following the plan, taking their suggestions and all is working out. Once you throw in a medical condition, they don't know how to handle it other than to look at it as an opportunity to sell. I know they are a business, but they are serving people, and this is a rather personal business to be doing.

Anyway... sorry so long, but thanks for listening (reading) to me vent.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #815  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Lindsey that counselor is a B*tch and you should not sit with her again. let the manager know and say that you dont want to see that counselor again, what is going on with COD lately?? everyone is being so nasty. I think they forget where their paycheck is coming from. Please dont put up with that, you are doing great and do not deserve that disrespect.

Debbie thank you. I cant believe the counselor asked you that...i was up 2lbs once and they never said anything to me. she is so rude. i'm glad you gave it to her good, must have felt good and she deserved it. they think the have some power over us or something when they dont know jack schitt.

hello to everyone else.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #816  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Cassi-

How annoying! Why can't they just say-"hey, don't worry about it! It's the meds, it's TOM, let's just let it lie and see what happens . . ."

And what other folks have said about getting ripped a new one when the "gain" .2 or .4. As far as I'm concerned-that's maintaining. And it's gonna happen. Gimme a break!

If you stay on plan-there's probably no reason to even plan to do TO. I think you're right. don't change anything and wait it out.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #817  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Cassi: So sorry to hear abou the stupid COD's. Sometimes I think I'm better off not going to one. KWIM? I really do hope you feel better though. I know how meds affect weightloss, so no worries on your part.

question for all of you.... Is anyone here sensitive to dairy and soy products? I break out in cycts on my chin!! eckkk!!

I just found out that I am, now I don't know what to do for my dairy serving? Do I just eliminate it all together? I switched my program so that I'm doing (don't know the color)a plan similar to Gold, but without the lites (or Luna's because of the soy) but adding 2 more ounces of protein and a serving of vegetables. What do you guys think?

Last edited by winkie03; 07-26-2006 at 02:54 PM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #818  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies!
Thanks for all the helpful advice, I got a pair of low heel strappy sandals. I really wanted something long and tall (4" sex-me-up pumps or something!) but I tend to walk like I have a corn cob in a certain place it isn't supposed to be in shoes like that. I also went to Catherines (a plus sized chain like Lane Bryant) just to see what they might have on sale in their SMALLEST sizes! I got a really nice floral print skirt that is very summery, and know what I want for a simple top. Now, just gotta find it!

Thanks too for the compliments - that was a very flattering picture for the body image! I tend to be larger front to back, than side-to-side, so that pic looks really slim, as long as I don't turn sideways! DH's reaction was HOLY SH**!, so it must be a good thing!

OOOOOOhhhhh - nasty s at the COD make me sooo mad. All of these ladies are right - you don't have to see them, and every once in a while you need to remind them that THEY work for YOU. I sure have my favorites, but I have gotten used to each one of them over time. One still marks up my diary every time I see her (havoc on my rigid Tpe A personality!) even though I've asked her not to.

Evette, have you tried the lactaid milk?

Ok, gotta run!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:20 PM   #819  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay, I need to vent. I have a really tough time with my inlaws, especially MIL. She has hated me the last 10 years, and will tell anyone who listens all about how terrible I am, with some pretty colorful language as well. DH has had a bad relationship with her for many years due to a million things. Anyways, several months ago DH decided that he did not want to keep all of the drama with them in his life anymore, and we have not seen them. Unfortunatley, we have still been hearing the narrative of their constant attacks on us from other family members. We recently avoided the birthday party of a niece to avoid seeing them. We visited her a few days before her birthday and took her a nice gift instead. I guess at the party my MIL was especially vile, and called me everything she could think of. She always blames all of her problems with DH on me, and says that I am keeping her from seeing her grandchildren. This is just not true. DH can see her all he wants, and take the kids over there too, but he does not want to. Anyway, there is another birthday party coming up on Sunday. We told Scotts brother 6 weeks ago that we would not be coming, but would love to come and visit before hand. He was really nasty on the phone to me about it, then flipped me off on the road later. He called yesterday to see if we had changed our minds yet. I backed DH up, said no, but we would like to come and visit on Sunday (They live 1 1/2 hours away). I was very nice, but told him that DH wants a break from all of the family drama, so he said that he did not want to go to a party where his mom and step father would be. Well, DH calls a few minutes ago and says that his brother called and talked him into it, so we are going. I told him to take the kids, go have a great time, and that I would stay home. He had a fit, insisting that I have to go. I told him that I really do not want to go hang out with people who hate me, and that I am really wondering why it is that he does not seem to mind them being so mean to me, and about me. He is all mad now. I don't know what to do. I REALLY do not want to go, but if I don't he is going to be mad. What would you all do?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #820  
ON LAWL

S/C/G: 160/155/140

Height: 5'6''

evette-That is what I have to do as well. For some reason I am now allergic to soy, when I first started I was fine.

I am on Gold without Lites???!. When I started LAWL in the center they called it purple w/o lites increasing the protien 2oz. and 1 veg serving a day will counteract the loss of calories from the bars.

I now do it on my own as I have completed the process once. I am not sure if it has changed or not in the past year.

Hope that helps
Krystal
klkoppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #821  
On stabilization

Katie, that stinks. I certainly would not go. I wonder what BIL told DH to change his mind? I've been caught like that and gone, been polite (not worth the effort), been sicky sweet (fun, but again, not worth the effort!), and stayed home. The later was the best choice for me. It's just not worth it to ruin someone else's special day, or to make yourself miserable. It may cause some tension in your house for a while, but it seems DH has seen what's really going on, and will get over it pretty quick.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:42 PM   #822  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Katie - I feel for you, I really do! I have had a wonderful relationship with my in-laws, but I did have a BF years ago whose mother insisted that I was stealing her son, and talked about me, etc.

If you think DH will be mad but get over it, then don't go. He can deal. But... if you think he will be mad forever and won't let it go, maybe you can suck it up and go, but agree on an arrival and departure time. Tell him you are making this sacrifice for him and your kids, and tell him that this is his ONE chance to back you up if any drama happens. If he doesn't, you will NEVER go with him to see his family again. Maybe it's not what you want, but you will force his hand to be more supportive, and maybe by you being the bigger person and supporting him first, he will in turn support you.

Just my .02. Good luck, girl!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #823  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Katie sorry to hear about all the problems. We are kind of going through this right now in our family long story. Anyway my mom doesnt want anything to do with cousin anymore. And she hasnt said much to her when we have been at family functions (hasnt been to many lol) But we have one this weekend and I told her she just needed to be on her best behavior. It always depends on the situation and I cant imagine being in the one your in. Verbal attacks are just not the answer. Im so sorry you have had to deal with this for what did you say 10 years. Thats just awful. I really dont know what to tell you. On one hand if you go so that you can be there for that persons bday putting their needs first you will probably be subjected to verbal attacks and on the other hand if you dont go you know there will be some verbal attacks and someone in the family will be sure to tell you about it. So really your hands are tied your damned if you do and damned if you dont. Good luck making your deicision. I agree with lori would be interesting to know what your BIL said to your hubby to make him change his mind.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:00 PM   #824  
On stabilization

I agree with Cassi - if you go, demand that he stick up for you, or this will be the last time you go! Good thought, Cassi!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #825  
on LAWL

Cassi--bummer about the scale changes--blame TOM--that's what I'm doing. Maybe they think they can sell you more when you are sick--low resistance--ha. I hope all the meds kick in and you get well soon--no fun in the summer.

Evette-no advice on the dairy but if you eliminate it all together be sure to up you calcium intake.

Lori--glad you are finding things for your trip--makes it a little less stressful to pack! And in the SMALLEST size no less--wtg. We need a photo of that too--we'll critique it--lol. LOVE the Peace Frog--I have a T-shirt and window sticker on my car from when we were in Myrtle Beach--LOVE HIM!!!

Katie--That totally sucks about the MIL. How childish of her. You are definitley stuck between a rock and a hard place and only you know what you need to do. I think this is one of those situations where you have to talk it out with DH and come up with a compromise. I agree with Cassi--if he says it's really THAT important to him that you go then tell him you fully expect him to back you if MIL starts up with the trash talk. It's hard to be the bigger person but is it just MIL or has she brainwashed the whole tribe? Is it possible to suck it up, be nice, and let everyone wonder what's wrong with crazy MIL? No one would like to be in your shoes (platforms and all! lol) but ultimately you have to live with yourself and DH. I am a compromiser by nature so I know I would just do it and then make him owe me for eternity--that's just me--haha. Good Luck with your decision.

Hope you ALL are having a great day!