Old 07-31-2006, 07:13 PM   #931  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Boy, I gotta remember to include everyone in my replies!

Cassi -waaaahooooo! Oh yeah, and glad you are feeling better too!

Joni - hydroplanes are really fast, low-slung jet boats - you can see some pictures from this weekend here: http://www.hydroracing.com/hydros/photos/.
Is your coffee stuff made from Stevia? Katie is a big fan of that stuff too!

Lea Ann, I flat don't wait for them. Did you know that most times when you call for something like that, you can tell them that you have an appointement at such and such a time, and if they can come between 1 and 2, that would be awesome
most of the time they will try to accomodate you. Works for me 'most every time. Lisa's probably glad we aren't at her house - she'd have to go get more berries!

Lindsey - glad you got moved ok! Now to cook up a healthy storm, right?

Evette - wahoo to you too! Nice job!

TTFN folks!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:17 PM   #932  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Well, I did ok at sign up. They tried to sign me up for a whole year of maintenance and I was like... Uh.... 900+ dollars is too much for me.... Then all of the sudden I didn't need a whole year, just 6 weeks of maintenance with no eligibility for the refund. HALF the price with the extra maintenance gone! And the whole time they keep saying, "You don't have to use the lites if you don't want to", but now it's on my plan. I don't have a thousand bucks, in fact, I'm late on my mortgage just for signing up in the first place!!!
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #933  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lori--great to know--I will use that next time. I am such a sucker.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:53 PM   #934  
on the way to 60lbs lost

S/C/G: 211.8/208.2/150

Thumbs up One day down.

Thank you all for being so welcoming. OK, 1 day down, 227 to go. Actually it wasn't near as bad as I thought. Ok, the juice is a little hard to choke down, and my god, can my bladder actually hold all the water. OH BOY!!!! I'm floating!!!! Its nice to see all of you guys making progress. It makes me feel empowered. Tommorow is the first WI for me and then I will know my plan. Does anyone know the color vs the weight?
kelly27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #935  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Jenni - the last thing you need is the added stress of not being able to pay your bills if you buy the Lites and that's probably what I would tell the Center. Although I use the LA Lites, lots of folks here either substitute Lunas, Pria Completes, Kashi Go Lean bars. I think I have about 10 boxes left on my bulk purchase (I think I got boxes for about $9.50 each) and I don't intend to buy anymore right away. I may try to do all "real food" for a while, but if I really miss my snack/la lite, I'll try the other bars for a change of pace. Although the Center tells you you get 2 LA Lites a day, at one point my Counselor told me to try to do just one LA Lite a day (due to some indigestion/heartburn I was having). When I asked what extra food I got for only eating 1 Lite a day, she said you don't get anything extra. You only get extra food if you give up BOTH your LA Lites...not sure if this is what the other centers tell you, but that's what I was told.
The program is really good eating and before you know it, it will be second nature to you. I love the fact that I have to go in and weigh three times a week (my center is only a few miles from my house, thank goodness) since it has kept me on program 24 x 7 with only a couple minor cheats. I've been on the program six weeks and lost 10 lbs and feel great. Hard not to like something that's working so well.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:17 PM   #936  

I'm on the red plan too.. i wonder if it changes after you lose weight?
miss bbcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:37 PM   #937  
on LAWL

Joni--I think it's crazy they don't sub some food for the missing bar--that's 180-190 calories!! I think you should throw in something extra on those days you only have one--you need those calories.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:49 PM   #938  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

miss bbcake - yes, you change plans after you lose some of the weight - a lot depends on how active you are, if you do the lites, and I'm sure some magical, mystical formula

From red, you should go to purple, where you lose 1 starch, and one protien. Your portion sizes stay the same.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #939  
on the way to 60lbs lost

S/C/G: 211.8/208.2/150

Ms bbcake, you go girl, I just read your other thread about carbs. I think that it is normal when your body goes thru withdrawl. But......According to the many women on this site, and men if you're out there chad, take it one day at at time. Don't get discouraged, get determined. There is a reason you want to lose the weight, so don't lose that focus. I have a great family who loves me for who i am, not what I look like, but THIS is for me. I'm selfish in the sense that I want to look "ab-fab". Lets do this together.
kelly27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:43 PM   #940  
"Print"cess Jenni

Ok, so just to recap, if I tell them I don't want the bars, does that mean they'll change the plan again? I don't want to have to go shopping all over again!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 PM   #941  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Jenni - your plan will never change that drastically that the food you've bought would go to waste. Your food purchases of healthy starches, fruits, veggies, frozen foods, etc., stays the same...it's only the quantities that will change and even that is ever so slight.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:48 PM   #942  
Princess Heather

Ok chickies! I'm back from the weekend. First off thanks to all those who sent well wishes my way. Keep sending them. My back is worse than my neck, but I don't think it's anything to serious. I over did today, but my kids can't stay in the cribs all day, I have to pick them up! Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow I have to get back on plan...i'm not give back those 4 pounds...i'll drink 10 gallons of water and sit in the heat to keep it away if i have to (no i really won't do that...i am a princess after all!) So back to it tomorrow. I'm helping a friend by taking her daughter back and forth to cheerleading camp so I'm a busy woman...the up side to that is I have a six year old to entertain my kids! LOL I'm back on the wagon...so if you don't hear from me don't worry..it's just a busy week! Catch ya'll later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #943  
on LAWL

Jenni--Joni is right--all the plans have the same food, just different amounts, etc. They will just move you up a color (more food) if you are not doing the bars.

Princess--sorry about the back and neck--ugh--you deserve a massage! Glad you are back with us--check in when you can, know those kiddos keep you plenty busy.

The guy FINALLY came and did the windshield--geez--didn't leave til 6:30--what a wasted day--not like I had anything planned, but if I had.... lol.

Today is registration for the girls (I really am ready for school to start--and so are they), then off to my campus to get some school T-shirts--have I mentioned that I LOVE that I get to wear gym pants and school T's everyday?! Then DH and I are off to the Blood Drive--I love giving blood (ok--don't love the process but love how I feel afterward--I'm saving a life today!) Weird I know--my dad has always been huge on blood donating so I guess I am the only one in the family that got that gene. We are also on the National Bone Marrow List and regular Organ Donation--so if you need me just call!
Old 08-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #944  
"Print"cess Jenni

Lea Ann - Whenever I give blood they tell me make sure to eat a big next meal. Do you have any problems staying POP when you donate?

Princess Heather - Just a little inside joke - They call me "Print"cess Jenni at work because I work in a printing company.... LOL. Maybe I should sign that way here too!

Everyone have an awesome Tuesday!!
Hugs,
Old 08-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #945  
on LAWL

Jenni--I will just have some extra protein today--before and after. I am really hitting the water right now--that seems to have the biggest impact on how easy the process goes for me. I am anxious for next week, the center does a basic cholesterol test now with the donation and last time I had dropped like 30 points--I wasn't high to begin with but it was still an improvement. Poor DH was already borderline high and his only dropped a few points. I just like the confirmation that good things are happening on the inside, too.

Hope everyone has a great one--stay POP--we're in this together.